#3 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

Noice! Grabbed a copy!

Yeah 32 bones for Game of the Gen with a steelbook.  Joy oh Joy :beer:

:beer:

#4 hohle  

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Is this the same Blu-Ray/DVD/CD style case that was available in Europe?

#5 AndrewCounty   Alligator F**khouse CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

AndrewCounty

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Well crap... I kickstarted this game years ago and my $60 copy isn't going to come with a steelbook that I'm aware of.  The steelbook looks pretty awesome too.

If the game's good enough, then maybe I'll see if I can just buy the steelbook later.

#6 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12372 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:05 PM

Just to be clear, its not an official steelbook, its something called a Novobox steel case.  In general the knockoffs are not as good as the original.

Still its a pretty good freebie that leaves me a bit salty for supporting the physical game in Kickstarter for almost double the money.

#7 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:56 PM

Damn. I kickstarted this game for ps4. I want the case as it looks cool but I can't justify buying it twice. Especially since I got the lrg bloodstained on ps4 and my exclusive backer slipcover from kickstarter for ps4 also.

#8 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:12 PM

But will the game be any good? MN9 had the same style high profile KS and flopped.

#9 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

I hope this isn't Switch exclusive.

#10 adam81  

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:52 PM

But will the game be any good? MN9 had the same style high profile KS and flopped.

I can see this game getting 6-7s. Not terrible, but nothing remarkable about it either. 

#11 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:07 PM

I hope this isn't Switch exclusive.

It is so far and they listed the bonus last week.  Having said that, the case itself has a disc spindle inside and nowhere to stick a Switch cart, so it makes no sense that they even are giving this as a bonus for the Switch version.  

#12 Batto47  

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

It is so far and they listed the bonus last week. Having said that, the case itself has a disc spindle inside and nowhere to stick a Switch cart, so it makes no sense that they even are giving this as a bonus for the Switch version.

Apparently it has been confirmed by a rep of 505 games on reddit that the picture is incorrect along with the description. It will hold the switch cart.

https://www.reddit.c..._medium=ios_app

#13 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

Apparently it has been confirmed by a rep of 505 games on reddit that the picture is incorrect along with the description. It will hold the switch cart. https://www.reddit.c..._medium=ios_app

Yeah should be pretty sweet

#14 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:59 AM

I can see this game getting 6-7s. Not terrible, but nothing remarkable about it either. 

I plan to pre-order it but I'm using credit I have at crappy Walmart so I'm missing out on the steelbook. In any case I am worried about the quality of the game. I watched the most recent footage and while the visuals are looking better it seems like some of the effects have been dumbed down. That two-headed dragon battle also looked less than stellar.

The choice to go 2.5D was a poor decision. Curse of the Moon should have been bundled with it for more incentive.

#15 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

Picked a copy up. Thanks OP. I agree that 2.5 D was a bad choice. Should have made it like SOTN. Still looks Like it will be a good game.

#16 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6656 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:46 PM

Damn. I kickstarted this game for ps4. I want the case as it looks cool but I can't justify buying it twice. Especially since I got the lrg bloodstained on ps4 and my exclusive backer slipcover from kickstarter for ps4 also.

The case will be included for KS backers.

#17 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

Where did they say backers will get the steel case?

#18 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6656 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

It's in the comments on Kickstarter.

Jose S. 5 days ago

So about those metal cases... we'll get it? right?

Angel CorluxCollaborator 5 days ago

Yep! Was able to make it happen. :) I'm just working on the final details with Fangamer and then we'll make an announcement. Hang in there.

#19 morbitrius   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

morbitrius

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

I backed this for the PS4 version because at the time, I did not have a switch. I might pick up an additional copy at Best Buy for the switch since $32 with GCU isn't too bad of a price (plus I probably have some reward certificates I can use to bring the price down). Plus I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

Why was the decision to go with 2.5D compared to 2D a bad decision? I'm not sure I understand the difference between the two enough to know why one is better than the other. Does the 2.5D just mean that the background has more depth, but it's still a traditional side-scroller?

#20 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:51 PM

Mean the metal case? Or did you mean the slipcover thats supposed to come with it?

And thats cool, but I kickstarted the ps4 version, not the switch.

#21 sammiefry  

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

Looks like backers have to buy the case and it’s limited to 1k

#22 spoderman  

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

Looks like backers have to buy the case and it’s limited to 1k

They just announced that it'll be limited to 800, and the "exclusive" Kickstarter DLC will no longer be exclusive and will be made available for $10 to everyone. So.. the only exclusive thing is the slipcase. Seems like a better deal to buy it from Best Buy

#23 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6656 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

They just announced that it'll be limited to 800, and the "exclusive" Kickstarter DLC will no longer be exclusive and will be made available for $10 to everyone. So.. the only exclusive thing is the slipcase. Seems like a better deal to buy it from Best Buy

And the case costs $15.

Not what I was expecting to hear based on the Kickstarter quote.

#24 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

Man, talk about screwing backers over. Much better off buying it in the store then backing it.

#25 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

Man, talk about screwing backers over. Much better off buying it in the store then backing it.

Ask me about getting screwed as a backer who spent over $350 on Friday the 13th lol

#26 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:12 PM

And the case costs $15.

Not what I was expecting to hear based on the Kickstarter quote.

It is 2019 bro

You really believe ANYTHING on Kickstarter ?

#27 NeoStrider   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

NeoStrider

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

that's dumb, there's no bonus for the PS4 version

#28 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

Thats what Im going to do. I have the KS ps4 version already I backed. So Ill get the switch from BB and just return the game and take the hit. Beats me hoping I find out about buying the case from KS too late and missing out since its only 800.

Wish backers could atleast have open orders for them at 10 bucks shipped since we backed it. But such as life.

#29 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

There was no point in backing this, I hope I at least get the game on release day , and secondly I don’t have to wait for the soundtrack to ship separately.

#30 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:23 PM

Still don't understand why people back games up. Just seems like a waste of money to me. $350?!?! That's ridiculous. No judgment... Just sayin