- - - - -

GameStop Game Days Sale & Amazon Price Matches.

#91 Destro14  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:34 AM

FYI, I ordered some price matched games from Amazon when they were matching Targets deals on switch games, I didn't feel like making the trek to target since it is further away from me. My order was cancelled saying they couldn't fulfill the games I ordered. I would have make the trek had I known. I just ordered 2 price matched games today, one has shipped the other looks like it is going to be cancelled, but that one was out of stock at any gamestops around me, so I guess I will have to deal with not getting good deals lately. Better to have a store around you so you are guaranteed the copy for those that are looking.

#92 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:25 AM

FYI, I ordered some price matched games from Amazon when they were matching Targets deals on switch games, I didn't feel like making the trek to target since it is further away from me. My order was cancelled saying they couldn't fulfill the games I ordered. I would have make the trek had I known. I just ordered 2 price matched games today, one has shipped the other looks like it is going to be cancelled, but that one was out of stock at any gamestops around me, so I guess I will have to deal with not getting good deals lately. Better to have a store around you so you are guaranteed the copy for those that are looking.

Contact customer service. They are likely to hook you up with courtesy credit.

#93 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:32 AM

1. Didn't they patch that on DMC5? 2. Holy shit that makes a difference to you?

Apparently. Just checked Google and seems they did. Hadn't heard.

As for whether it matters, not all that much but if picking between a censored version and an uncensored version it's an easy choice

#94 bigstew  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

Agreed. I'm deep in on the PS4 ecosystem so that sort of minor change doesn't bother me. I hope to pick up DMC5 and RE2 when they hit the inevitable $20 price-point, or alternatively, later if either gets the definitive edition treatment.

I'm no advocate of what Sony is doing regarding micro-managing Japanese releases but thus far, the games they've been messing with are not ones I have strong interest in.

That said, Sony should really stop the nonsense.

that is the main reason i stopped buying ps4 let alone anything from a third party company that releases on both systems since sony has been making them do it for both most of the time, at least it save from preordering since their also restricting more reviewers and having and demos from games be released on release date instead of earlier to not tip off preorders from being cancelled, also not happy with how bandai has gone out of its way to please sony either especially for u s releases, well i am still not saving much money since its just being dumped into the switch for certain games

#95 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

Was able to grab :ps4: The Division 2 from Amazon for $10 after the GS price match and the Amazon $10 off Discover promo ^^

#96 bobbyblane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:19 PM

My Division 2 and Lego Marvel collection have shipped but no word on the Sega Genesis Collection. Anyone else waiting for that one to ship? Hoping it doesn't get cancelled

#97 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2700 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:34 PM

BB matched the price for Sega Genesis Classics X1. The system wasn't allowing the huge discount but they got around it.

#98 Mishimaryu   EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2) CAGiversary!   1499 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Mishimaryu

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:47 PM

Just did my Price matching via chat support. Didn't want to deal with Gamestop gutted open box copies. Saved me time + gas trip cost driving to store

Red card members always gets free shipping no minimum required!

2a5xgtu.jpg

#99 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

My Division 2 and Lego Marvel collection have shipped but no word on the Sega Genesis Collection. Anyone else waiting for that one to ship? Hoping it doesn't get cancelled

My sega genesis collection shipped.

#100 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14886 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:33 AM

Gamestop is totally not trash. Great selection of 8 amiibo nobody wants at B1G1 50% off.

#101 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:37 AM

Travis Strikes again is back in stock online. Hopefully Amazon will price match now.

#102 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:55 AM

Travis Strikes again is back in stock online. Hopefully Amazon will price match now.

They haven't matched it yet but at the very least Best Buy should be able to price match it, as long as it is still in stock when you do it.

#103 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

Amazon price matching Travis Strikes Again. They are also price matching Detective Pikachu.

Travis Strikes Again
https://www.amazon.c...avis str&sr=8-1

Detective Pikachu
https://www.amazon.c...ikachu 3&sr=8-1

#104 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

Amazon price matching Travis Strikes Again. They are also price matching Detective Pikachu.

Travis Strikes Again
https://www.amazon.c...avis str&sr=8-1

Detective Pikachu
https://www.amazon.c...ikachu 3&sr=8-1

Thanks for the heads up on Travis Strikes Again.  Ordered it with a $5 gift card from Bing Rewards to get it for $14.97 plus tax.  Way back into the backlog it will go!

#105 WiiGame   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:47 PM

I want a PS4. I have an original Xbox one. GameStop is running a promo where if I trade in the Xbox One for a PS4 Slim I get $125 credit to use on the PS4, making its cost for me $175. Is this a good deal?

#106 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:32 PM

I want a PS4. I have an original Xbox one. GameStop is running a promo where if I trade in the Xbox One for a PS4 Slim I get $125 credit to use on the PS4, making its cost for me $175. Is this a good deal?

Not really. During Black Friday they had that $200 bundle with spiderman. The week before that I believe OG Xbox Ones were trading in for $150.

You might have to wait a while for a better bundle, but the current cost of $175 after a trade is too high.

#107 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2825 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

If you can hold onto the credit, you may be better off trading it in and waiting until the holidays. Sony is sure to have a $200 bundle.

#108 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

IIRC, the last BF had a slim and $50 GC for $200.  So that's likely the low price point if you want to wait.  But yea, a $200 bundle is probably something to wait for especially with the PS5 coming out next year in theory.

#109 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3362 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:30 AM

Anyone that picked up Lego Marvel Collection get one disc or two?  Mine has 1 disc, but it says "disc one" on it, thought that was weird. Found it they were stuck together hate when GS opens new discs.  Good deal though, used my $5 monthly gift which I am starting to like. 14.99 for 3 games and seasons passes.

#110 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:29 AM

Amazon has finally price matched Gear Club Unlimited 2 at $19.97, for those looking to get a sealed copy.

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-1

I actually had trouble finding this at my local stores the last few days so was very happy to order it from Amazon.

#111 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2518 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:55 AM

Geez that looks like a generic mobile game.

#112 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2876 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

Anyone notice most of these games out of stock pretty much everywhere yesterday and now all have pre-owned copies today?

Interesting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#113 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2825 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

Anyone notice most of these games out of stock pretty much everywhere yesterday and now all have pre-owned copies today?

Interesting.

It's well known Gamestop converts new games to used games. There's no conspiracy theory here. It's a simple business decision.

#114 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

Interesting.

Lol that’s sucks, I could’ve sworn they still had Hitman 1 near me for $10 yesterday and not today. I couldn’t even price match at Best Buy because nobody close had it which kinda blows.

Seems way to early in the sale for them to do this (convert to used I mean)

#115 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   853 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:40 PM

It's well known Gamestop converts new games to used games. There's no conspiracy theory here. It's a simple business decision.

And selling used games as new.

#116 Flacksguy  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Thats a great deal for the Division 2.
Didn't even like the first one, but 2 is outstanding.

#117 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14886 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:50 PM

I'm thinking about a few of these games, but I'm also reminded that physical discs are fucking useless these days.

I'm so sick and tired of getting a game, putting it in the disc tray, and then having to wait for a fucking 50GB patch to download before I can play it. At least digital gives you the updated builds right then, and you don't have to worry about idiot publishers pushing broken shit out on physical media that they later have to fix.

#118 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:15 PM

Ive bought so many used games this week past week and I've noticed that each game is brand new. Each game is smudge free, includes all the inserts, has a warehouse label and each have had the edges of the box shaved off.

#119 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:30 PM

Picked up The world ends with you, Persona Endless night collection, and a Ram re:zero figure. Really would like Rem, but she's available for preorder.

Bought the collection when it came out at $100 but traded in the games and kept the p4d code. I'll have to figure out about selling the new code. Any idea if/when it expires? Might keep it sealed.

#120 Rick4Life  

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:35 PM

I'm thinking about a few of these games, but I'm also reminded that physical discs are fucking useless these days.

I'm so sick and tired of getting a game, putting it in the disc tray, and then having to wait for a fucking 50GB patch to download before I can play it. At least digital gives you the updated builds right then, and you don't have to worry about idiot publishers pushing broken shit out on physical media that they later have to fix.

And your digital media having no value whatsoever when you’re done with it...