* * * - - 29 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/20: Black Friday & Games Under $20 Sales end 12/1! PlayStation Indies & Planet of the Discounts Sales end 11/21!

#9511 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3840 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted Yesterday, 04:58 PM

Gotta say I like the Dual Sense controller — not just for the fancy new features but because it feels weighty and great in my hands. I’ve always preferred Xbox controllers because the Dual Shock and previous PS controllers felt too flimsy. This one actually feels closer to an Xbox controller.

I know. I’m weird. But having a controller feel good in my hands is nice.

Have you played Astro's playroom yet? Makes the controller even more enjoyable with the ways it uses the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

#9512 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Gotta say I like the Dual Sense controller — not just for the fancy new features but because it feels weighty and great in my hands. I’ve always preferred Xbox controllers because the Dual Shock and previous PS controllers felt too flimsy. This one actually feels closer to an Xbox controller.

I know. I’m weird. But having a controller feel good in my hands is nice.

I'm in the same boat.  I always liked Sony controllers but they've always felt a bit 'short' for lack of a better word in my hands.  The Dual Sense makes it feel heftier like an Xbox controller but with a distinct PlayStation feel.  I'm happy with it.

#9513 steveomac1015   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

steveomac1015

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 PM

The first time I felt the adaptive triggers I knew that Sony hit a home run with their controller. I just hope it gets utilized and developers take advantage of it.

The new Xbox controller feels way better to me than the old one even though it's minimally changed. Good job by both companies but the Duel Sense truly feels next gen.

#9514 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3412 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 PM

The first time I felt the adaptive triggers I knew that Sony hit a home run with their controller. I just hope it gets utilized and developers take advantage of it.

The new Xbox controller feels way better to me than the old one even though it's minimally changed. Good job by both companies but the Duel Sense truly feels next gen.

I hate the adaptive triggers. Shit is fun till you’re shooting a shit ton of arrows at a boss in Demon Souls. I turned them off with the quickness. Nope. I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9515 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1297 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

The first time I experienced the adaptive triggers was when I was playing Astro and they had you test out those boosters for the first time.  On one hand, I'm thinking, "Wow, interesting how these work."  But it was over-ridden by my brain thinking, "Feels like I'm trying to force a button that doesn't want to go down" and I get this tinge of panic that I'm breaking my controller by forcing it, especially that moment it does that physical "click".

#9516 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70574 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Kratos is coming to Fortnite:

#9517 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

For some reason the DualSense actually hurts my hands, like a strain between my thumb and index finger after awhile. If it weren’t for that, I would like it more than the Xbox controller. I don’t have that issue with the Series X controller...

#9518 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4342 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 PM

I just hope the adaptive triggers don't fail easier.

#9519 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

I hate the adaptive triggers. Shit is fun till you’re shooting a shit ton of arrows at a boss in Demon Souls. I turned them off with the quickness. Nope. I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFC IKR? I was so glad there was an option to turn that garbage off. It was actually painful if you're trying to just spam it to kill the blue dragon or Maiden Astraea. IDK who thought it was a great idea but they should be forced to endure adaptive pedals on a 10-hour roadtrip.

See how they like it.

#9520 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1569 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Have you played Astro's playroom yet? Makes the controller even more enjoyable with the ways it uses the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

Probably the best controller ever. The adaptive triggers are amazing so far. Combined with the haptic feedback it's just a dream. Astro's playroom blew my girlfriends mind. It was so fun watching her enjoy it. Looking forward to how developers use them in the future. 

#9521 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted Today, 02:11 AM

Haptic feedback can be pretty annoying depending on the game, let’s say nba 2k21, u have to really push down on the triggers it would vibrate like crap and sounds annoying also has that rough feeling and sound which makes u feel like ur damaging your controller, kinda like a screeching sound, you don’t wanna hear or feel it. I do love it on shooting games like cod though (at 20%) any more than that annoys me. It’s nice with miles morales, racing games.

#9522 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2107 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted Today, 03:19 AM

I swear for a week I found a deals page on the psn store on the ps5 but no more. How do you find games on sale?

#9523 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37781 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:24 AM

I swear for a week I found a deals page on the psn store on the ps5 but no more. How do you find games on sale?

https://psprices.com/

#9524 DMCA18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:35 AM

For some reason the DualSense actually hurts my hands, like a strain between my thumb and index finger after awhile. If it weren’t for that, I would like it more than the Xbox controller. I don’t have that issue with the Series X controller...

Me too :(

#9525 Photophonic  

Photophonic

Posted Today, 04:03 AM

I like the size and weight of the DualSense but I was also using an Astro C40 prior to this. I do wish it had at least two buttons on the rear but the jury is still out on the Haptic Triggers. On some games I find them interesting whereas on others quite annoying. Bugsnax for instance, hitting the button on the traps or the camera shutter was novel at first then I started to feel like I was going to break the controller with the resistance. I will be curious to see what the longevity of these are as the generation marches on. 

My biggest annoyance is the UI and I still get tripped up between long and quick press of the PS button when trying to return to the menu from game.

#9526 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15487 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:53 AM

I like the size and weight of the DualSense but I was also using an Astro C40 prior to this. I do wish it had at least two buttons on the rear but the jury is still out on the Haptic Triggers. On some games I find them interesting whereas on others quite annoying. Bugsnax for instance, hitting the button on the traps or the camera shutter was novel at first then I started to feel like I was going to break the controller with the resistance. I will be curious to see what the longevity of these are as the generation marches on. 

My biggest annoyance is the UI and I still get tripped up between long and quick press of the PS button when trying to return to the menu from game.

Oh I can just see a Trigger-gate now. The recall on that would be ridiculous and all for what? Nothing.

#9527 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10268 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:27 PM

I think someone’s been triggered. :)