* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#10171 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1352 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:59 PM

nope no dice minus being able to access the wishlist. Anything else clicked on takes me to the stupid new store.  Thanks anyway.  I guess they just got rid of the old one almost entirely now.

Odd.  Maybe your browser?  Seems to work okay for me.

#10172 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6337 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:01 AM

nah can't be my browser as I tried it on firefox and edge and no dice there either.

#10173 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3785 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:48 AM

The link worked for me.

Try this one. I keep the old wishlist page bookmarked.

https://store.playst...5.0&smcid=psapp

#10174 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:20 PM

#10175 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10570 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

Some fugly art style on that game. Not sure how awesome auto chess would be anyway.

#10176 elessar123  

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:02 PM

I actually like that art style. Why do you find that fugly? I thought the Dark Crystal stuff was fugly.

#10177 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:06 PM

Starting today, PlayStation 5 owners can get an exclusive sneak peek of the castle area from Resident Evil Village with the Maiden demo. This stand-alone experience is separate, but showcases the stunning visuals and 3D Audio that await in the main game. As the Maiden, players will need to rely solely on their wits to make their escape in this tension-filled demo, as they’ll have no way to fight or defend themselves. A separate new demo for all platforms will be available later this spring.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-PPSA01858_00-DEMOVILLAGE00001

#10178 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:38 PM

https://direct.plays...achment.3004784

$20 DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment from Sony Direct. Free 1 Day shipping for PS+ members.

#10179 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2284 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

Sigh, just ran into the reason I prefer XBox's use of batteries.  Sat down to use the PS5 and the controller was out of juice since my son unplugged it to charge his Switch controller shortly after I plugged it up.  And since I can't use the PS4 controllers on the PS5 game I was about to play I was out of luck.  The charge cable isn't long enough to reach where I sit, sadly.

I need to get another controller for backup, but wanted to wait for new colors.  Any word on when we might see those?  Might have to go ahead and just get another white one.

#10180 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:51 PM

harshly criticizing a screenshot of a free game, sadly typical behavior. Reminds me of that family guy clip where obi wan makes luke perform lasik with a light saber and subsequently kills the guy. He asks obi "are you happy?" and he replies "ive never been happy"

#10181 CrepeNuts  

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:02 AM

harshly criticizing a screenshot of a free game, sadly typical behavior. Reminds me of that family guy clip where obi wan makes luke perform lasik with a light saber and subsequently kills the guy. He asks obi "are you happy?" and he replies "ive never been happy"

Fuck off with this. We're policing people's opinions now?

#10182 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:29 AM

as you police my opinion about an opinion. which you are welcome to do, thank you kindly. im just amazed at the amount of negativity people spew out without much basis.

#10183 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10570 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:02 AM

I actually like that art style. Why do you find that fugly? I thought the Dark Crystal stuff was fugly.

Maybe fugly wasn't the right word. It reminds me of a lot of indie bundle games I've seen through the years. If you look at the PS blog post it just feels a bit generic is all. I could see this easily on some mobile platform. Kind of reminds me of those Clash of Clans commercials.

Edit: It is on mobile, so I'm not so surprised about the graphics now.

#10184 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:20 AM

It's a former DOTA 2 mod, whose characters were largely based on Warcraft 3 characters, that had to replace the assets to go independent from that game.

#10185 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15270 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:19 AM

as you police my opinion about an opinion. which you are welcome to do, thank you kindly. im just amazed at the amount of negativity people spew out without much basis.

Neither of you policed anyone's opinion, you both just reacted to someone else. Your reaction was to generalize someone's opinion of a screenshot for a "fugly" game into what I guess was negative commentary on society as a whole, which is both excessive and a little hypocritical considering your statement here.

News flash? The game is pretty fugly, lol. They ported a mobile DOTA spinoff game to PS4. And a chess game that plays itself doesn't sound that fun to me, either. Doesn't matter if it's free if there are hundreds of other free games more appealing to the person who posted.

EDIT: Sounds like these guys are trying to make a MOBA out of it again, lol - https://www.ign.com/...auto-chess-moba

#10186 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4018 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:06 AM

I’m just trying to get a digital PS5. Who has a new one for sale?

#10187 elessar123  

Posted 22 January 2021 - 07:07 AM

The portraits are pretty ugly, but I like most of the units. Reminds me of Krosmaster.

Spoiler

#10188 WonkyToad   Switch Friend Code = SW-5381-8720-3041 - ADD ME!... if you w CAGiversary!   962 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:57 PM

The portraits are pretty ugly, but I like most of the units. Reminds me of Krosmaster.

Spoiler

Wow! I thought it WAS Krosmaster when I first looked at it.

#10189 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:01 AM

PlayStation Plus 30 Day Trial :

4QM3-9RNJ-PLTR

#10190 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4811 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

I actually had a lot of fun with the first Suicide Guy. The whole killing yourself to wake up from a dream concept was unique & fun. Levels are short and there are some pretty clever puzzles. No bugs are glitches, and the usual indie jankiness is pretty charming actually. And it has a super-easy platinum trophy- you can get it in an evening or two. It seems the following games in the series aren't as good though, from what I read in reviews.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm downloading the first one now. I'll look into the sequel if I like the first.

#10191 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:29 PM

not sure if this has been mentioned but EA Play has a 1 month deal for 99 cents. I don't like sports games but jedi order is on there and a few other decent picks. cancel before it bills you more.

https://store.playst...SEAA99CENTPROMO

#10192 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5595 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:36 PM

not sure if this has been mentioned but EA Play has a 1 month deal for 99 cents. I don't like sports games but jedi order is on there and a few other decent picks. cancel before it bills you more.

They’re promoting a sample period with a recurring billing cycle built in and they have the balls to actually charge for it?

#10193 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:38 PM

Good deal for a buck if you remember to turn off auto-renew.  You can turn off auto-renew immediately after buying it and still use it for the remainder of the month.  Here's a direct link to the subscription management page for everyone's convenience:

https://id.sonyenter...t/subscription 

#10194 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:30 PM

They’re promoting a sample period with a recurring billing cycle built in and they have the balls to actually charge for it?

Isn’t that how all these deals work?  Why would they give you the promo month without a plan to charge you at full price after the promotional rate expires?

#10195 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2880 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:34 PM

Isn’t that how all these deals work?  Why would they give you the promo month without a plan to charge you at full price after the promotional rate expires?

Yep. Complainers going to find something to complain about.

#10196 Omni99  

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:56 PM

I think he's talking about the 99 cent charge. Usually promo periods are free and bill you after that period is over. Is the 99 cents really that important? Either you continue afterwards and they make money or your cancel and they don't.

#10197 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:07 PM

Isn’t that how all these deals work? Why would they give you the promo month without a plan to charge you at full price after the promotional rate expires?

No free or discounted trials can let you try shit without credit cards. That way if you like it, you sign up, if you don’t you don’t. None of this oops it renewed and there’s no refunds. Fuck that anti consumer shit. If you think that’s how things works that’s sad. Shit needs to change. Where’s Ralph Nader?

#10198 twick87  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 08:58 AM

Charging for a service is anti-consumer? I want to live in your fantasy land where everything is free.

#10199 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:50 PM

No free or discounted trials can let you try shit without credit cards. That way if you like it, you sign up, if you don’t you don’t. None of this oops it renewed and there’s no refunds. Fuck that anti consumer shit. If you think that’s how things works that’s sad. Shit needs to change. Where’s Ralph Nader?

I don’t know of a free trial that I’ve had recently that didn’t ask for credit card information at the time I signed up.  To be fair, I don’t sign up for many.  I also wouldn’t sign up for one without reading the terms of it.  It may not be customer-friendly, but going in expecting anything different is foolish.

#10200 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:18 PM

The import of Hitman 1 & 2 into HM 3 is sooooo much easier than the BS nightmare of HM 2. For each game you hit a button that asks you to go to the store, a tiny file downloads and it’s accessible. Main game actually already includes the content so no need for tons of other downloads. Good job IOI!

The whole Gold, Deluxe, free to, weapons, outfits... I've never seen a more nightmarish handling of getting the "complete" game. I own 1 and 2 digitally, bought the gold, and yet I can't seem to access the cult mission apparently without another purchase. Even finding help online distinguishing which from which proved difficult as many others couldn't discern the differences either.