* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#10651 elessar123  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:53 AM

Yes I did. He mostly discusses the storage issue. I don't think it's a big deal to most people but was just curious if anyone else here felt the same way.

I sympathize with the storage gripes, but not his click-baity title. Not having a feature they said wasn't ready doesn't make it "half-baked mess."

#10652 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:53 AM

What a waste of 7 minutes (I watched on 1.5x cause he talks so damn slow).

Forget getting to Mars, the technical achievement I'm hoping for in the next ten years is YouTube to enable greater than 2x speed on videos. I'm regularly watching a video sped up and it's so goddamn slow I go down to try to speed it up only to find I'm already maxed out at 2x.

#10653 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1662 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:54 AM

Funny, "ugh" is exactly what I said after skimming over your post ...

Every time you post I think about all the long, rambling posts you made & then how you got completely silent when you were called on all of it & exposed.  :-

https://www.cheapass...7#entry14357687

Funny times. 

#10654 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:01 AM

I sympathize with the storage gripes, but not his click-baity title. Not having a feature they said wasn't ready doesn't make it "half-baked mess."

Wow, a YouTube title that is engaging? From a professional YouTuber whose living literally depends on their titles being engaging? You've uncovered the scandal of the century here.

#10655 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:04 AM

Every time you post I think about all the long, rambling posts you made & then how you got completely silent when you were called on all of it & exposed.  :-

https://www.cheapass...7#entry14357687

Funny times. 

So you're complaining that my post was too long but also that I didn't make follow-ups? 

"Called out and exposed" by degenerates and children on a video game deals forum, gee, how will I ever get over that.

#10656 elessar123  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:05 AM

Wow, a YouTube title that is engaging? From a professional YouTuber whose living literally depends on their titles being engaging? You've uncovered the scandal of the motherfucking century here.

There's a difference between engaging and blatant lies.

#10657 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:07 AM

Sure is. And there's also a third category of things called opinions

"Blatant lieeeeeessss!!!!!!!!!!" lmfao

#10658 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71195 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:07 AM

The only issues I've had with my PS5 was some weird initial HDCP handshake issues when setting it up that haven't happened since, external HDD issues with my old PS4 drive, and the thing where it would want to install both versions of a game when I just wanted one. I just got a new external 2TB SSD that has worked perfectly since launch to be my PS4 games drive.

I had a lot more issues with my Xbox Series S due to its similarly wonky issues with my Xbox One X external drive and many OS issues that still haven't been fixed after many years. I'm planning on getting the same external 2TB SSD I have on my PS5 for the Series S so that I should have enough room for all of the games I own there.

#10659 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1662 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:13 AM

So you're complaining that my post was too long but also that I didn't make follow-ups? 

"Called out and exposed" by degenerates and children on a video game deals forum, gee, how will I ever get over that.

Ugh...You're an awful poster. I just found it funny you being dismissive over someone else's comment that you yourself said you only skimmed over. Considering all of the long, conjecture filled, garbage posting you've done here. Just an observation I had to point out. No need to rage and name call you "adult".  ;)

You're arguing with someone that makes baseless claims & goes silent when he's called out on them.

#10660 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:14 AM

They have a ton of different terms of service, but this one is probably the most relevant here. But I'm sure this breaks rules on other ToS documents: https://www.playstat...aystation-store

ToS provisions users broke by selling/helping other people get access to the PS5 collection: 5.10, 10.2, 10.3, 10.6

Provisions around being banned and having your console banned: 12.2, 12.3, 12.5

You are not allowed to share your account information with others: 3.3

Please, please, please, if you're going to make a ton of inferences about what the ToS does or doesn't have, and if you're going to call BS on other people, make a 5 minute attempt to google it and verify you're actually right. It's not respectful to other people's time to make them do it.

I got a fan-request to actually respond to this ridiculous post. 

Literally none of those points say anything about sharing your console with friends or family, which falls clearly under "personal and private" use. But you listed a bunch of numbers and talked about "research", and you said "please" three times so I guess that's good enough for 21 people on this forum to think you must be right, lmfao.

Regardless, my entire point was that although I don't believe there are any actual provisions in the ToS preventing people from sharing their console with close family members in a personal and private setting, that if there were such provisions and they were actually being enforced in that way, it would be a big story, considering they advertise the console extensively by portraying it being used between close friends and family members in personal and private settings.

If you think you've literally found something in the ToS that says "you can't use this console in any of the ways we advertise in our massive ad campaigns" congrats to you, I think that's a pretty big story.

#10661 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11142 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:15 AM

I’m not saying I agree with everything he says but if you watch it, it’s not just about a feature of the new SSD drive not available yet. It’s about a bunch of issues that make HIM upset.

Like I said, I’ve had all kinds OS issues with my PS5. And nothing of note with my Series X. I still love playing games on my PS5, but sometimes it takes a bit more effort than I should have to make to get there. And I see the same issues I have had on the PS5 community on Reddit.

I just want to play games no matter the system. I just don’t want to fight the system to do that. Not saying it happens all the time but it happens more than it should.

All of these can be fixed by system updates and I hope they do soon.

#10662 dualrec  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:17 AM

Say what you will about the Xbox not "feeling" as new with it having the same OS as the previous system but it just works. The PS5 OS is just plain bad and it's clearly unfinished with how buggy it is.

100% this.
I can fire up Valhalla and be playing in world in maybe less than a minute, (Haven't timed it), from power on with the Series X.
Ps5 is nowhere close on a user friendly level.

#10663 elessar123  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:19 AM

I’m not saying I agree with everything he says but if you watch it, it’s not just about a feature of the new SSD drive not available yet. It’s about a bunch of issues that make HIM upset.

I did watch it. It's about 70% storage (NVME upgrade and external drive issues), most of the rest was wi-fi issues.

#10664 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11142 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:21 AM

Do want to say that I really LOVE the DualSense controller. And it absolutely does feel like a next gen update with haptic triggers, etc. So there’s definitely good things with the PS5 too.

#10665 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:24 AM

Ugh...You're an awful poster. I just found it funny you being dismissive over someone else's comment that you yourself said you only skimmed over. Considering all of the long, conjecture filled, garbage posting you've done here. Just an observation I had to point out. No need to rage and name call you "adult".  ;)

You're arguing with someone that makes baseless claims & goes silent when he's called out on them.

lmfao, "goes silent" lol. Yes, I definitely saw that ridiculous post, and it just eviscerated me so hard I was stunned and couldn't respond. I had to go hide in a cave for three months and lick my wounds. I hang on every single word that gets posted to an internet gaming deals website. My whole life revolves around giving prompt responses to every internet forum post that mentions me. 

#10666 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:25 AM

Do want to say that I really LOVE the DualSense controller. And it absolutely does feel like a next gen update with haptic triggers, etc. So there’s definitely good things with the PS5 too.

Also something that YouTuber mentioned in the video. I assumed when he was complimenting the controller, it must have just been another one of his "blatant lieeeeeess!!!!!!!!"

#10667 elessar123  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:27 AM

Also something that YouTuber mentioned in the video. I assumed when he was complimenting the controller, it must have just been another one of his "blatant lieeeeeess!!!!!!!!"

I totally missed where he put that in his title or description.

#10668 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:29 AM

I totally missed where he put that in his title or description.

That's okay, it was easy to miss, the corruption goes deep with this YouTuber.

tumblr_magx3des9d1qcqckvo1_500.gif

#10669 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1662 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:31 AM

lmfao, "goes silent" lol. Yes, I definitely saw that ridiculous post, and it just eviscerated me so hard I was stunned and couldn't respond. I had to go hide in a cave for three months and lick my wounds. I hang on every single word that gets posted to an internet gaming deals website. My whole life revolves around giving prompt responses to every internet forum post that mentions me. 

The irony of this post.  :rofl:

#10670 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:33 AM

The irony of this post.  :rofl:

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-i

#10671 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:41 AM

sheesh can you all taking this pissing contest elsewhere... and can we get back to more important issues like PS5 storage space :/

• Ex~ likes this

#10672 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1784 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:47 AM

Every so often I have to remember how to block somebody on here,

#10673 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10609 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:14 AM

Umm so who's excited for tomorrow's State of Play? I'm not really, but I do love seeing about games. Only major issue my PS5 has was crashing a lot due to my external PS4 drive. It hasn't crashed in a while though. I'm pretty sure they fixed that in a patch. I'm using it mainly for PS4 games played from my external drive, and haven't seen any issues. Every now and then my PS5 will be a bit loud playing some of these, but that's not all the time.

#10674 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:33 AM

Every so often I have to remember how to block somebody on here,

True. Some people don't even try to hide their shit posting. I was going to pile on old boy, but ignoring him would just be better. 

#10675 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4310 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:35 AM

When does Tyler take over this thread from Frisky?

If you are referring to me, I'm not taking over anything. Not sure where you got that idea. No way I could accomplish anything close to what Frisky has been able to do my free time.

#10676 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:07 AM

I am mostly happy with my PS5 so far. I finished where I left off with AC Odyssey going from PS4 to PS5 and was easily able to just use the same hard drive I was using with my OG PS4. I do transfer the game I am actively playing from the external HD to the internal storage for the theoretical speed boost on loading screens but honestly it doesn't really feel that earth-shattering. The graphics are much better of course as I skipped the PS4 Pro model but I am betting that the games are not really optimized for the PS5 so that is why loading times may be slower than expected.

I am currently about 60% through Red Dead Redemption 2 and it's been great so far.

I did get the Series X with GamePass via all-access. I do agree that the Series X experience is slightly more optimized in terms of the interface and the SSD difference seems to be more noticeable anecdotally with the games I have tried. I have a big Xbox-exclusive backlog so I have plenty of games to play as my last XBOX console was the original one from 2001. Also, the Series X serves as an emulation box for me with retail Retroarch. I am just waiting for the emulation homebrew scene to mature further as currently there are annoying limits on total storage so I stick to the pre-PS2 era consoles mainly.

#10677 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1662 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:27 AM

I think i'll finally bite on Job Simulator. I have it sealed physically, but the game seems quite rare. I'll sell that & finally be able to play it. Also will pickup Castle Crashers for $8. It was that price on Switch before, but passed because the Switch's online is bad so I decided not to renew after it lapsed. Plus 2D games just play better on the PS & XB pads imo. 

#10678 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2143 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:42 AM

Is there a way to remove disc games from being listed in your collection under game library if they’re no longer installed on a ps5?

#10679 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:07 AM

I for one can't wait for tomorrow's state of play.

#10680 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30714 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:36 AM

When does Tyler take over this thread from Frisky?

member when people knew who I was?