* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#10711 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:06 PM

As someone who never played Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus, I would love those two games integrated into the FF7R episode storyline, so I'm down for this.  I'm also glad that we'll be able to transfer our progress from PS4 to PS5, hopefully with auto-pop trophies.

#10712 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:13 PM

Dirge of Cerberus was really bad.

#10713 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:26 PM

I have played about half of these games and pretty much liked all of them a lot. So definitely going to check out the rest of your recommendations. Especially Creature in the Well, which I've never heard of before. Pinball Metroidvania rpg... Fuck yes, bought.

Creature in the Well is such a great game. I played it on game pass and then bought the physical for switch because I liked it so much. It has some great gameplay and design elements.

#10714 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:29 PM

I was tempted by Tesla Force (to have another official PS5 game, lol) but I keep wondering how much different it really is compared with Tesla vs Lovecraft.

I just got a PS5 today and that is the reason it’s in my cart. I really enjoy 10tons games. Tesla Vs Lovecraft was super fun so I heard this is also really fun. It’s also a different type of game.

Tesla Force is a rogue-lite top-down shooter featuring endless procedural gameplay Which is right up my alley.

#10715 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:43 PM

So any clue on what are March's PS Plus Games?

#10716 CrepeNuts  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:12 AM

So any clue on what are March's PS Plus Games?

Currently watching State of Play now (missed it live), so not sure yet, but the new Oddworld is free in April! It looks fantastic. Really looking forward to it.

EDIT: No announcement of March PS+ games. However there’s a PS5 update for FFVII with a new chapter! Update is free, new content costs something. Out in June. That was the biggest announcement overall. There really didn’t need to be a State of Play, IMO.

#10717 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:27 AM

Currently watching State of Play now (missed it live), so not sure yet, but the new Oddworld is free in April! It looks fantastic. Really looking forward to it.

EDIT: No announcement of March PS+ games. However there’s a PS5 update for FFVII with a new chapter! Update is free, new content costs something. Out in June. That was the biggest announcement overall. There really didn’t need to be a State of Play, IMO.

The state of play was the equivalent of when someone calls a meeting at work when it could have been a email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10718 CrepeNuts  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:36 AM

The state of play was the equivalent of when someone calls a meeting at work when it could have been a email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agreed. If I remember correctly there wasn’t a single first party game shown off. Returnal is kind of 2nd party with Housemarque, but that was the closest. This whole thing was a waste of 30-40 minutes.

#10719 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:51 AM

PS Plus for March will either be incredibly good or incredibly bad. My money’s on God of War since it recently got the upgrade and is free on PS5 anyway.

#10720 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:00 AM

lol this is literally the best way to put it. It's not like the games sucked, but there was nothing that really warranted a big live stream.

Excited about the FF7 PS5 upgrade, I hope that apartment door in the slums has something beyond a PS1 texture now.

Also really curious about Sifu. I liked the combat in Absolver but it being multiplayer focused really turned me off and I stopped playing it after a couple of hours.

#10721 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:20 AM

I was tempted by Tesla Force (to have another official PS5 game, lol) but I keep wondering how much different it really is compared with Tesla vs Lovecraft.

I did a stream with it a while back when it hit 1.0 on PC and it's not the same kind of linear campaign-focused game. It's a roguelike in the vein of a Rogue Legacy (or their previous game Neon Chrome) in terms of having a base to go back to upgrade your stats incrementally, but you're picking challenges on a map as you travel to the final boss of that area. The stages don't end when you complete the goal to let you gather more crystals or whatever, but you have to manage a dark ritual clock that ticks up as you play that gives the enemies perks each time it fills up so that they can keep up with you as you get perks and such to get stronger throughout that chapter. There are four different characters with their own stats while Tesla is the middle of the road. I remember the stages having a bit more variety to them compared to how the campaign of Tesla vs Lovecraft was very repetitive when going through the three stages of the campaign for the platinum.

The Steam page has a funny chart about what's different:

Spoiler

If the DualSense stuff is like Crimsonland, I'd suggest turning off the haptic feedback since they rumble the controller for every shot of the gun and the miniguns are just overkill. The trigger resistance stuff doesn't really matter since you're holding down the trigger the entire time. I'd kill for some good Activity Cards in Crimsonland so I could just hop into any of the arcade modes right away.

#10722 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12439 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:38 AM

Anyone have a vita crossbuy list yet?

#10723 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:01 AM

PS Plus for March will either be incredibly good or incredibly bad. My money’s on God of War since it recently got the upgrade and is free on PS5 anyway.

It’s already free

#10724 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10560 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:01 AM

Guess I wont play FF7R until June 10th. I only played like 2 hours, but was going to pick it up again shortly. Not bothering now knowing there is a nicer version coming. Not the most amazing State of Play. Deathloop looks right up my alley and I love martial arts games, so I'll likely buy Sifu. Oddworld is cool too, but I need to play the most recent PS4 one before that comes out. Everything else is a maybe.

#10725 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:03 AM

It’s already free

Free for the PS5 owners, not the PS4.

#10726 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:10 AM

Finally got a chance to watch the State of Play and am looking forward to a lot of what was shown. Kena still looks great and Returnal's gameplay gave me some Alienation vibes. Nice to see the new games from the Absolver and Hyperlight Drifter devs, which look good. Looking forward to the upgrades for Crash Bandicoot 4 and FFVII Remake since I've played a good bit of them, but still have a lot to go and will have to get back on that when those are out. Deathloop looks rad and Knockout City makes a lot more sense after the weird video in the Direct, which could be good.

#10727 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:34 AM

Apparently there's going to be two mobile Final Fantasy VII games, FFVII First Soldier and FFVII Ever Crisis. Ever Crisis is going to have all the FFVII compilation games.

#10728 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5587 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:47 AM

Apparently there's going to be two mobile Final Fantasy VII games, FFVII First Soldier and FFVII Ever Crisis. Ever Crisis is going to have all the FFVII compilation games.

Even Before Crisis?

#10729 Epic_Bean  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:51 AM

THe FF7 Ever Crisis looks like a pocket remake, ala FF15 Pocket edition, chibi characters on the overscreen and the fights look turn based ish with Remake lvl graphics, Im just excited all the compilations going to be in here: Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerb, Advent children(?), and Before Crisis. I dont think Dirge was bad just they were just to early, FPS on a console was way in early stages and a control scheme was terrible

Honestly The First Soldier is a neat idea, I think It would be better on PC/COnsole than on phone, really depends on how it plays. Using a materia system in a Battle Royal could lead to some interesting gameplay ideas, since you could find materia and have a different game each time.  But honestly I dont trust SE not to turn it into a Gatcha/Micro cash grab. Who remembers that stupid FF mobile game where you had to buy champions and it basically played itself

#10730 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:29 PM

It seems like the rumors are true about FF7R being PS+ for March. The one drawback is that it will not get the free PS5 upgrade. Still a huge W!

#10731 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:38 PM

It seems like the rumors are true about FF7R being PS+ for March. The one drawback is that it will not get the free PS5 upgrade. Still a huge W!

https://twitter.com/...0899522576?s=21

What a dick move that destroys what would have been another great month.

#10732 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:28 PM

Most of us on this forum are paying ~$2.50 for a month of PS+. While I do agree that having the upgrade would be nice, I won’t complain at all. I’m not familiar with Farpoint, but Remnant is solid and Maquette is a PS5 title that hasn’t even released yet. It’s pretty generous of Sony to give out a PS5 title every month when GwG has become a cesspool of mostly unrecognizable junk.

#10733 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:48 PM

I have The Nightfall, The Last Dead End, Stay, Nine Witches, Home Sweet Home, Mask of Mists, Dawn of Fear and Case Animatronics in my cart. I'm also looking at Nerved, Superliminal, Those Who Remain and Through The Darkest of Times are those 4 worth grabbing?

I'm into psychological horror/walking simulator games mostly but will play just about anything

#10734 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:16 PM

*Stares at unopened Deluxe Edition on my shelf

#10735 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71073 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:30 PM

Square Enix will Square Enix any situation as much as it can.

Looking forward to Maquette and Remnant from the Ashes.

#10736 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

We already know they don't typically give the PS5 upgrades for the PS4 PS+ games, or vice-versa give the PS4 versions of PS5 PS+ games. The only exceptions have been bundle fodder like Control and Worms Rumble. 

Fantastic month, best in a long time. 

*Stares at unopened Deluxe Edition on my shelf

Is there really a crossover between people who will settle for the free PS+ version that doesn't upgrade to PS5, and people who pay extra to get the physical Deluxe Edition? 

#10737 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:55 PM

I have The Nightfall, The Last Dead End, Stay, Nine Witches, Home Sweet Home, Mask of Mists, Dawn of Fear and Case Animatronics in my cart. I'm also looking at Nerved, Superliminal, Those Who Remain and Through The Darkest of Times are those 4 worth grabbing?

I'm into psychological horror/walking simulator games mostly but will play just about anything

So based on what you've said, we have similar taste in horror games and I will tell you now that Nerved is freaking terrible.  I bought it on Switch so some of the performance issues might be related to that but its just so bad, no atmosphere, no clear direction and its supposedly really short.  I turned it off forever after about 20 minutes.  I messed with Superliminal a little bit back and it seemed quite cool, that I would give a rec based on my own experience.

#10738 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   598 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:00 PM

Didn't the same thing happen with Maneater?

#10739 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:16 PM

Didn't the same thing happen with Maneater?

Other way around, Maneater and Bugsnax had the PS5 version given for free but not the PS4 version alongside it. Not exactly the same thing, but similar. 

• Ex~ likes this

#10740 Chainsaw_charlie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Chainsaw_charlie

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:23 PM

So based on what you've said, we have similar taste in horror games and I will tell you now that Nerved is freaking terrible.  I bought it on Switch so some of the performance issues might be related to that but its just so bad, no atmosphere, no clear direction and its supposedly really short.  I turned it off forever after about 20 minutes.  I messed with Superliminal a little bit back and it seemed quite cool, that I would give a rec based on my own experience.

Cool so Nerved is about as bad as Dissection then