* * * - - 31 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/10: Big in Japan Sale ends 2/25, Critics' Choice Sale ends 2/18! NBA 2K21 Deal of the Week!

#2161 kcobra22  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:21 PM

Oh, I'm just killing time until Frisky puts up the list.  Even with the filters, there's too many things to search through and consider.

if you need a list for the new sale, there's one on reddit:

https://www.reddit.c...s_1223_8am_pst/

#2162 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:34 PM

Resident Evil 6 is trading in to GameStop for $12 base and is on sale for $7.99 on PSN. With the $5+ on any PS4, XB1, and NSW game, it makes it hard to not go digital... 

#2163 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

I don't know what's going on over at the Playstation Store since they're not advertising any sort of new sale, but according to PS Prices, hundreds of games just went on sale until December 23rd.  Managed to actually get two off of my wishlist finally.

Edit: Make that four things; it looks like items are still being added.

Edit 2: Okay, now it's listed up on the site as the "End of Year Sale".  835 Titles, it says at this current moment.

Hmm, you got luckier than I did. Lots of good prices on stuff I've already bought, though.

https://blog.us.play...gs-at-ps-store/

Very unusual to drop a massive sale like this on a Monday, especially while the BF sale is still technically going on. I guess this confirms our annual 5-week holiday sale is over? Strange that "End of Year" only counts until Dec. 23. I need to cross-reference with my text files, but nothing is popping out at me at the moment (Ghostbusters Remastered for $17.99 still seems like too much).

Edit 2: I'm getting tired of the anger and negativity of this thread that keeps escalating each week over something so trivial as deals to the point of directed attacks. If things don't improve around here from those that know who they are, I won't hesitate to close this thread and move on to doing things that generate less hostility instead. You people should be better than this.

I can't help but feel this might be directed at me somehow? I can stop posting in this thread, but I can't change my personality.

#2164 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:37 PM

Just saw a post on slickdeals with the psn year end sale. It might my eyes bleed.

Frisky’s posts are definitely not appreciated enough. Go frisky, go!!

#2165 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

Patapon Remastered is finally on sale for the first time. I'm in heaven, lol.

#2166 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

So after checking out the list on reddit that was linked here, this is what I'm interested in:

Everybody's Golf

Knack 2

Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball: Vol. 1

Pinball FX3 Williams Pinball: Vol. 2

Sniper Elite 3 Season Pass

#2167 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:19 PM

Hmm, you got luckier than I did. Lots of good prices on stuff I've already bought, though.

https://blog.us.play...gs-at-ps-store/

Very unusual to drop a massive sale like this on a Monday, especially while the BF sale is still technically going on. I guess this confirms our annual 5-week holiday sale is over? Strange that "End of Year" only counts until Dec. 23. I need to cross-reference with my text files, but nothing is popping out at me at the moment (Ghostbusters Remastered for $17.99 still seems like too much).

I can't help but feel this might be directed at me somehow? I can stop posting in this thread, but I can't change my personality.

Eh, it wasn't anything to write home about.  Two Artifex Mundi titles that hadn't gone on sale previously, Wolfenstein II Season Pass (which I missed the first time around because I didn't have the game yet and didn't notice there was a Season Pass) and the Bloodstained DLC.  Some of my more most-wanted items have yet to show.

I won't speak for Frisky, but I think it was because of that guy who was complaining because he didn't get to write up the sale details before Frisky did.

#2168 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3798 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:32 PM

Guess I'll go ahead and get A Hat in Time since it hasn't been any cheaper, same for Dark Cloud. And good price on Xenoverse season pass.

#2169 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

Tempted by $10 Shadow of the Colossus.

#2170 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4047 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:35 PM

I know this is from the Christmas sale but is Catherine: Full Body Digital Deluxe Edition worth $39.99?  I've heard nothing but good things about the game so i was curious lol

#2171 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:39 PM

Everything I was hoping would go on sale....didn't.

Like, hey Hitman 2, buy the regular version....or the gold edition, but what about those of us that just want the season pass?

#2172 Rockabye   Been around CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

I have a question (or really, a few) for you fine folks: I finally copped my first PS4 (the one with H:ZD, GoW, TLoU) last week, and I'm looking forward to finally getting to add exclusives and such to my backlog. (Anything multi-plat is going to be an Xbox buy for me.) I'm also trying to go as close to fully digital as possible.

Beyond those three pack-ins and the Uncharted series (I own 4, but the Collection is something I want digitally), what should I be nabbing from this Black Friday sale and the end-of-year one? I've got my eye on Spider-Man and MLB 19, but might those go slightly cheaper if the end-of-year sale resets some Black Friday prices? Are there any indie exclusives you all think are must-haves that are at all-time lows, or any that might be easier to pick up during a flash sale?

I'm not in any hurry to play the latest and greatest stuff (I will probably get to Death Stranding at some point in 2021, if then ... and I'm being serious), but building out my backlog with good stuff at the best prices is why I finally pounced on a PS4 now, and I know y'all know the ecosystem way better than I do.

#2173 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:01 PM

what should I be nabbing from this Black Friday sale and the end-of-year one?

Shadow of the Colossus PS4 is $10.

The Order 1886 is $5. It's pretty but shallow. There's a reason it's currently super cheap.

Parappa the Rapper Remastered is a little less than $5.

If you want Spiderman, you should pick it up now, it isn't going to be cheaper than 10. Today is the last day so act fast.

Bloodborne is fantastic if you like Dark Souls style games, but it isn't on sale digitally at the moment and probably won't be again for a few months.

I loved Death Stranding, but if you feel like you don't need to play it right away then waiting is a great way to save money. I've seen few sales and that probably won't change for months.

MLB 19 was free on PS+ not too long ago, you might be able to find someone who has a gameshare account with PS+ you can rent real cheaply. Remember to check out the Gamesharing thread in the Playstation section.

#2174 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:04 PM

I have a question (or really, a few) for you fine folks: I finally copped my first PS4 (the one with H:ZD, GoW, TLoU) last week, and I'm looking forward to finally getting to add exclusives and such to my backlog. (Anything multi-plat is going to be an Xbox buy for me.) I'm also trying to go as close to fully digital as possible.

Beyond those three pack-ins and the Uncharted series (I own 4, but the Collection is something I want digitally), what should I be nabbing from this Black Friday sale and the end-of-year one? I've got my eye on Spider-Man and MLB 19, but might those go slightly cheaper if the end-of-year sale resets some Black Friday prices? Are there any indie exclusives you all think are must-haves that are at all-time lows, or any that might be easier to pick up during a flash sale?

I'm not in any hurry to play the latest and greatest stuff (I will probably get to Death Stranding at some point in 2021, if then ... and I'm being serious), but building out my backlog with good stuff at the best prices is why I finally pounced on a PS4 now, and I know y'all know the ecosystem way better than I do.

I dunno if Best Buy’s still got the Yakuza series on sale, and technically some of those are now on PC too, but if you have any interest, BB’s BF prices were some of the best ever—$9.99 each for 0 and Kiwami 1, $14.99 for Kiwami 2, and $24.99 for Judgment (which is a spin-off). Combined with the PS4 ports of 3, 4, and 5 (which you’ll be able to grab physically for $60 total in February, or buy them digitally individually), you can get the full main series for a pretty decent price.

#2175 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71190 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:14 PM

Everything I was hoping would go on sale....didn't.

Like, hey Hitman 2, buy the regular version....or the gold edition, but what about those of us that just want the season pass?

It's on sale.

https://store.playst...000SEASONPASSH2

#2176 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:19 PM

Beyond those three pack-ins and the Uncharted series (I own 4, but the Collection is something I want digitally), what should I be nabbing from this Black Friday sale and the end-of-year one?

Knack and Knack 2: Electric Boogaloo

#2177 simmias   Likely to be eaten by a grue CAGiversary!   4794 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:21 PM

I dunno if Best Buy’s still got the Yakuza series on sale, and technically some of those are now on PC too, but if you have any interest, BB’s BF prices were some of the best ever—$9.99 each for 0 and Kiwami 1, $14.99 for Kiwami 2, and $24.99 for Judgment (which is a spin-off). Combined with the PS4 ports of 3, 4, and 5 (which you’ll be able to grab physically for $60 total in February, or buy them digitally individually), you can get the full main series for a pretty decent price.

Yakuza 0, 1 and 2 are $35 for the digital bundle, too.

#2178 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11132 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:21 PM

For someone who just got a PSVR, not too many of those games on sale.

Got quite a bit already anyway (Astro Bot, RE 7, Skyrim, Moss, Eve Valkyrie, Worlds, Rush of Blood, Tetris Effect, Wipeout and a few more).

Was hoping for a sale on Blood and Truth though.

#2179 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4047 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:22 PM

You beat me to it lol

Was wondering why he was upset since it is on sale lol.  What pisses me off is when you own the game digitally and the Season Pass with it, yet the Gold Edition which is the same exact thing still shows as purchasable.  It makes me think I am missing a piece of DLC even though I own all the Hitman 2 stuff already.

#2180 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

any opinions on Deracine and Sundered?

#2181 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:40 PM

New PSVR people- you can download free demo discs from the store. I dunno, I liked 'em.

Disc 1

Disc 2

Disc 3

#2182 Stotch   Banned Banned   42 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Stotch

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:50 PM

Tempted by $10 Shadow of the Colossus.

YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER

#2183 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:57 PM

going to pick up

Fire Pro Wrestling and Farm Simulator 2017, and pay full price for Double Dragon 4. That title still hasn’t gone on sale.

#2184 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4486 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

Thx Frisky

#2185 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

For someone who just got a PSVR, not too many of those games on sale.

Got quite a bit already anyway (Astro Bot, RE 7, Skyrim, Moss, Eve Valkyrie, Worlds, Rush of Blood, Tetris Effect, Wipeout and a few more).

Was hoping for a sale on Blood and Truth though.

Sony Direct had a 50% off discs that may still be going on.

#2186 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:03 AM

Sony Direct had a 50% off discs that may still be going on.

Just checked this to see if Blood and Truth was still available and it's sold out. $20 was a steal!

#2187 Mr. Lonely   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

any opinions on Deracine and Sundered?

I really liked getting lost in the world of Déraciné, though it may be too slow for some. $9.99 is way less than I paid for it.

Also, I remember you asked about Concrete Genie. I'm currently only a couple of hours into it, but I'm really enjoying it. I guess you have to ask if $20 is worth it for an 8-hour campaign, but I'm happy with it so far. Reminds me a lot of what I thought Ghost Giant would be. Just figured I'd mention it since the sale ends soon.

If you want Spiderman, you should pick it up now, it isn't going to be cheaper than 10. Today is the last day so act fast.

This. The GOTY edition of Spider-Man for $14.99 (physical) is a steal. Makes me wish I possessed patience.

#2188 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5673 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:36 AM

YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER

wat

#2189 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:40 AM

Ok, now do the same magic trick with the Fire Pro DLC!

#2190 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71190 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:46 AM

Ok, now do the same magic trick with the Fire Pro DLC!

https://store.playst...ionship=add-ons

Two of them are on sale.