* * * - - 19 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/18: Mega March Sale, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deal of the Week

#2671 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4295 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:17 PM

I just broke up with my girlfriend, I'm lonely and sad too.

You get my wife, no returns accepted.

#2672 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

What do you mean "you people"?

what do you think it means?

#2673 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:22 PM

You get my wife, no returns accepted.

During sex my wife always wants to talk to me.

Just the other night she called me from a hotel

I tell ya, no respect.

#2674 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7538 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

My PS4 fell over while I was installing my disc copy of God of War.  I've noticed that games with large install sizes make my PS4 do these loud grinding sounds, and I think that the motion of the disc inside just caused it to topple over. 

Now, God of War gets about 50% installed before it stops installing.  Hope the disc drive wasn't affected, but I don't have a lot of confidence that it wasn't.  I'm trying out Horizon Zero Dawn Complete which was already installed to see if it will work, but I think it's gonna be all digital from here on out.  This is my second PS4, and after the holidays, I don't have the cash to buy another one at the moment.  :oops:

#2675 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3379 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:02 PM

Anyone know if this Sekiro Pre-Order Theme was a code that was emailed after you pre-ordered the game, or if it was just a download only item?

https://store.playst...EKIROTHEME00002

#2676 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

Now, God of War gets about 50% installed before it stops installing.  Hope the disc drive wasn't affected  :oops:

With any luck the disc was scratched, the drive not damaged. I received a GameFly game once - GoW III ironically - and whatever use damage it had wasn't visible but caused it to behave similarly to what you're describing.

#2677 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7538 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:55 PM

With any luck the disc was scratched, the drive not damaged. I received a GameFly game once - GoW III ironically - and whatever use damage it had wasn't visible but caused it to behave similarly to what you're describing.

Yeah, the disc is scratched in a few places, but Horizon Zero Dawn booted up right away, so I think the drive is OK as far as I can tell.

I bought the game new for $10 at GameStop on Black Friday, so it's still within the 30 day exchange period.  I'm sure people on here will debate with me about whether or not it's ethical to exchange it since it was damaged while in my possession (blah-blah-blah), but I've worked retail before, so I know that they'll just put it in a defective pile and give me a fresh disc.  And I don't have the energy to deal with GameStop employee sales pitches tonight, so I'll take it back after work tomorrow.

I also noticed that CD Keys is selling the digital copy for $7.19 right now, but I really don't want to eat up 50+ gb of my Internet to install the game.  But it looks pretty sweet, so I still want to play it.  

#2678 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4828 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:11 AM

Why would you have your PS4 standing vertically? They aren’t really designed for that.

#2679 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4295 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:12 AM

During sex my wife always wants to talk to me.

Just the other night she called me from a hotel

I tell ya, no respect.

I told her not to, she wouldn't listen. Sorry mate.

#2680 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1200 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

if anyone questions your ethics they are on the wrong forum. we are cheapassgamers. you aren't shoplifting or committing fraud. (not that those would bother me anyway)

#2681 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7538 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:47 AM

Why would you have your PS4 standing vertically? They aren’t really designed for that.

Not a lot of space in my place.  And frankly, it was never a problem before. 

#2682 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6611 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:12 AM

Yikes to some of you.

#2683 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:57 AM

I see that Dragon Quest Builders 2 is $25 at Wal-Mart.  What are the odds that it goes below that before the end of 2020?  I wouldn't play it right away, but I don't think I'd put it off too long, either.

#2684 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:22 AM

My Holiday Hitman 2 stream is now live (link). I'll be taking on the 12 specially-made contracts by the top creators in the Hitman community that are based on holiday movies and such.

The archive for this Holiday Hitman 2 stream is live:

There's some cool community holiday contracts that are featured in the contracts section. One is set in the Mumbai map tasking you with recreating Die Hard in the partially-constructed tower to take down the big bad guy in that building and some of his henchmen along with the way.

#2685 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5045 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:32 AM

I see that Dragon Quest Builders 2 is $25 at Wal-Mart.  What are the odds that it goes below that before the end of 2020?  I wouldn't play it right away, but I don't think I'd put it off too long, either.

I think it's already been on sale for under 25 at one point or another at target probably during black fridays stuff.  But I could be wrong.  I think it will probably drop to at least 20 at some point but how long of a wait that is you never know.  And then you run the risk of it going out of print.  I don't know if it is possible but you might be able to order it through rakuten since they have the walmart listing on their website.

#2686 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14840 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:46 PM

Lol this thread. Here I am only slightly annoyed that Ghost of a Tale went $.50 cheaper and I still haven't had time to play it yet lol.

#2687 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

Lol this thread. Here I am only slightly annoyed that Ghost of a Tale went $.50 cheaper and I still haven't had time to play it yet lol.

I’m around five hours into it, and really enjoying it. Great world-building/lore/writing, along with the level design of how different parts of the world connect with one another. I would have never known about it if not for CAG, so one more reason the CAG community gets a big thumbs up from me.

#2688 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1729 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:27 AM

And every day that Beat Saber doesn't go on sale, I'm ecstatic since I paid full price.

#2689 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4710 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2019 - 04:53 AM

you people are heartless

Endless compassion for someone who refuses to take advice and/or try to solve their problems is not a virtue.

#2690 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:11 AM

Goddamn, some of you really don't know what the Fuck you are talking about.

It's not unusual for someone who is depressed to bring it up and seek words of encouragement from others (though there's often a voice inside their head that tells them any kind words are bullshit and everyone really hates them). It's also not unusual for a depressed person to see their own comfort seeking as shameful and to hate themselves for doing it. It's not unusual for depressed people to feel some momentary happiness here and there. Depressed people often are not 100% constantly depressed all of the time (shocking, right?). It's not unusual for depressed people to tell others they'll be fine when they are reached out to. It's not unusual for depressed people to have a hard time getting motivated to do something about it, or do just about anything for that matter.

Mr. Lonely, I hope things get better for you. Don't listen to some of these assholes. They don't know shit about shit.

For anyone reading this that struggles with depression but can't get motivated to see a doctor, one small step you can take is to try something like this: https://smile.amazon...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If the cause is a chemical imbalance, this can potentially help. YMMV on that though, of course. I'm no doctor. I definitely can't guarantee this will make you feel better. There's a few bad reviews where it doesn't work for people and gives them bad stomach aches. BUT, it's really helped me a lot and has made a huge difference in how I feel.

Edit: At one point in the past I was trying a smaller 100mg dosage of 5-HTP and didn't really feel any difference, so I actually gave up on it for a time. But the higher 200mg dose has worked wonders.

Oh, and one important thing to note: DO NOT take this if you are already taking depression medication. Too much serotonin is just as bad as not enough, and you can get serotonin syndrome. If you can motivate to see a doctor, that is always the best route, but if that proves difficult, trying some 5-HTP is way better than killing yourself.

#2691 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:22 AM

To everyone else, I'm really sorry that some momentary talk about depression has interrupted your game deals.

#2692 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5045 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

you people are heartless

virginia-_-fyiyufyj.jpg?1549582956

Apologies for the bad pun.

#2693 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7538 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

If anyone cares, I was able to swap out the God of War disc at GameStop last night with no problem.  The guy didn't even try to sell me anything that I didn't need.  It's an after Christmas miracle!  My PS4 will remain flat for the foreseeable future.  Lesson learned.

I'm sitting here with some of the best games on PS4 unplayed - Dark Souls Remastered, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete, Soulcalibur VI, and vanilla Spider-Man.  And I'm going to try them all this weekend since bills are due.

That said, I bought Abzu, Need for Speed: Payback along with the all cars DLC, and Zombie Army Trilogy on the current sale. 

That's it for 2019.

#2694 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:10 PM

I've been really depressed lately. Haven't bought anything from the holiday sale yet, nor even felt like playing anything. Still hoping for a last-minute discount code, like the pathetic worthless loser I am. Going through Frisky's lists, I put together my own list of titles that interested me (regardless of price, mood or otherwise). If I'm being really honest with myself, there are 86 titles in this sale that I would buy if time permitted and money were no object. Of those, maybe 20 are on my actual wishlist. If I whittle it down even further, there are probably only 5 I would play right now. Looking at the rest of my unadulterated wishlist, there are plenty of others I would choose over all of those which have never been on sale before (thus holding out for the discount code that will never be). And when I contemplate all of these options for hours and hours and hours on end, I just think to myself, what is the point of any of it? In actuality, I don't even want to be here anymore.

I still have your old VR list, but do you have any updated VR recommendations based on what is currently on sale that wasn’t on your old list? thanks!

Also, I can post your list if need be

#2695 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13699 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

Somehow I'm going to be the one that ends up banned from all this.

#2696 Ltrain8765   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Ltrain8765

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:28 PM

Somehow I'm going to be the one that ends up banned from all this.

fingers crossed!  one time!

#2697 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13699 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:43 PM

fingers crossed!  one time!

Hm, not sure who you are but sorry if I upset you so badly that you want me banned again. It took a Christmas miracle to be where I am today.

#2698 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

Endless compassion for someone who refuses to take advice and/or try to solve their problems is not a virtue.

You monster

#2699 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

Replacing the 1080p TV I've been using for 10 years with a 50" TCL 4K TV, so I'm excited to see how my games look on that compared to before. At least I won't have to deal with a TV that's a pain to turn on and loses audio for a couple days every once in a while.

#2700 investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2092 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

investor9872

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

If anyone cares, I was able to swap out the God of War disc at GameStop last night with no problem.  

What was wrong with it?