* * * - - 22 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/10: Days of Play, Games Under $15, & Save Up to 75% Sales! Deal of the Week: Stranded Deep! PS+ & PS Now Subs 30% Off!

#5191 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:32 AM

Quick question for you guys. If I ordered a game from Amazon and they sent me the British (PAL?) version, will it still work okay?

#5192 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:00 AM

it should work but in order to get or use any DLC items you would need to make a new account and put in an address over yonder... even free ones. but as long as you do it you can access them all from your primary account.

#5193 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:40 AM

Why would we expect companies to comment on them at all? From a PR perspective it wouldn't really make any sense unless they were involved somehow

Because they have black people that work there and there lives matter and that's how they are involved.

#5194 kemosahbe  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:45 AM

Because they have black people that work there and there lives matter and that's how they are involved.

I'm talking about the guy being mad they didn't "condemn riots"

#5195 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4988 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:27 AM

there lives matter

Do they not matter elsewhere?

#5196 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13729 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:40 AM

Lol making fun of typos in 2020

#5197 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:17 PM

June PSNow games potentially revealed:
https://www.pushsqua...2_prey_and_more

I feel like these Bethesda games were already on it at one point. Maybe I’m thinking Game Pass.

#5198 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9041 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

June PSNow games potentially revealed:
https://www.pushsqua...2_prey_and_more

I feel like these Bethesda games were already on it at one point. Maybe I’m thinking Game Pass.

Prey has been on PS Now since Jan 2019.
Dishonored 2 is new. Rest aren't Bethesda.
If they replace Prey and Rabbi x Rabbi with decent titles, it'd be an okay month.

#5199 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9041 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

Nevermind. June's releases are out and they're as disappointing as ever.

Metro Exodus is still the headliner (leaving in November) with Dishonored 2 and NASCAR Heat 4 being the evergreens.
D2 and Metro are good additions but c'mon.

I didn't know Siege was leaving in November. That's dumb on Ubi's part, the game has buckets of DLC.

#5200 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:46 PM

I saw the Back Button Attachment was back in stock earlier this morning on the official PS Webstore. Now it looks like it's out of stock again. But I took a glance and Amazon is expecting some more on June 15th. If anybody was curious.

#5201 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9041 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

That Butterfinger Tifa theme is on the store now and it's free.
https://store.playst...YNAMICTIFATHEME
I feel bad for anyone who bought it off here or eBay for a ridiculous amount. Kind of lame for them to release it for free to everyone given it came with purchases.
Fingers crossed the Butterfinger DLC items get released too.

Can they please also release that FF14 crossover theme?

#5202 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:06 PM

Prey has been on PS Now since Jan 2019.
Dishonored 2 is new. Rest aren't Bethesda.
If they replace Prey and Rabbi x Rabbi with decent titles, it'd be an okay month.

I wasn’t suggesting all titles were published by Bethesda. Perhaps I should have been more clear. Prey and Dishonored only.

And Metro was on Game Pass from early on of it’s release. It’s bizarre that PSNow frequently gets Game Pass’ sloppy seconds.

#5203 Babysinclair  

Babysinclair

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:07 PM

Speaking of Tifa what did everyone think of her in the game?

#5204 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9041 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:13 PM

I wasn’t suggesting all titles were published by Bethesda. Perhaps I should have been more clear. Prey and Dishonored only.

And Metro was on Game Pass from early on of it’s release. It’s bizarre that PSNow frequently gets Game Pass’ sloppy seconds.

I assume Xbox has been paying better and/or it lacks third-party evergreens so they cash out with Xbox first for a limited time before they go to PS Now.

#5205 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3408 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:14 PM

I feel bad for anyone who bought it off here or eBay for a ridiculous amount. Kind of lame for them to release it for free to everyone given it came with purchases.

Thanks for posting. I noticed it was free on the Japanese store a couple weeks ago and never got around to creating a Japanese account. Definitely feel bad for those that paid an absurd amount for the theme.

#5206 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for this!  I missed out before.

#5207 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12827 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Looks like they finally figured out how to claim a Plus game that you already have on EA Access as I was able to do it just now with SW BF2.  https://store.playst...ATTLEFRONTII000

#5208 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:32 PM

Quick question for you guys. If I ordered a game from Amazon and they sent me the British (PAL?) version, will it still work okay?

The game disc will work fine, PS4 is region free but if the game supports any DLC you will not be able to use it unless you buy it from that region. You can’t use Download content between regions.

#5209 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

Tifa background has been free on na PSN for a few weeks along with some of the other ones besides ff14 and one more I can't recall.

#5210 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2657 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

Started Astro Bot last night. It really is as awesome as everyone says. :D

#5211 Accidie  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:11 PM

I bought the Death Stranding PS4 Pro and it arrived today. Does anyone know if it comes with a 20% code?

#5212 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2566 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:28 PM

I bought the Death Stranding PS4 Pro and it arrived today. Does anyone know if it comes with a 20% code?

No consoles have for years now.

#5213 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:40 PM

No consoles have for years now.

On Thanksgiving 2018 I bought a PS4 Spiderman bundle for my brother.  It came with a 20% code.  As did the PS4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle I bought a few days before that also came with a 20% code.

I think those might have been the last two consoles with the 20% of codes.  So yeah been quite a while.

#5214 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

I told myself I would never buy as many games as I did for Wii again. Physical anyway. Well, I organized my video games and it turns out that I have just as many physical games on PS4 as I do on Wii. Half of them I haven't even played yet and a couple of them are still sealed. If you count digital, I think I might have even more than Wii. All my systems older than Wii were stolen so I don't remember how many games I had to them but it looks like I broke my promise to myself haha. Thank goodness for game pass or I would have more games for Xbox One than I do. I'm looking at my Switch games and I only own 3 physical but the digital games are starting to increase. I need to freaking stop buying games and play the ones I do have. I am typing this after buying Vasara collection on Xbox One last night so ironic really. It was on sale for 99 cents though so it was cheap. Still though, I wish all 3 major systems would just stop with the new games for like 6 months. Between all the games on my consoles and the constant free games from Epic and Twitch, I have more games than I will ever play already. I need professional help haha

Having typed all that, I know I don't have nearly as many games in my collection or backlog than plenty of others here. I have been selling games I don't want anymore or at least I'm trying to so there's that at least.

#5215 Jables-The-Hutt   Rebel Scum CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Jables-The-Hutt

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:35 PM

Speaking of Tifa what did everyone think of her in the game?

I enjoyed all the character development in FF7R but... Tifa is hands down the best and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong!

#teamtifa

#5216 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:43 PM

I enjoyed all the character development in FF7R but... Tifa is hands down the best and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong!

#teamtifa

Tifa was cool in this version, but my heart will always belong to Aerith.  Especially in the remake.

Honorary mention has to go to Jessie too, they really made her into a great character.

#5217 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3408 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:14 AM

Tifa was cool in this version, but my heart will always belong to Aerith. Especially in the remake.

Honorary mention has to go to Jessie too, they really made her into a great character.

I found Aerith's voice to be pretty annoying in remake so made it tough for me to like her as much.

#5218 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70082 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:55 AM

You can rent Just Mercy on the PS Store for free until 6/9:

#5219 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:58 AM

I already liked jesse in the original quite a bit.  But the remake made me love her even more.  I was sad that she was only a temp this go around.  As that would have been a change I would have voted for.  Don't care about the dudes though :P

#5220 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3511 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:04 AM

You can rent Just Mercy on the PS Store for free until 6/9:

Great movie btw

I watched it on a screener last year.  Definitely applicable to what is going on in the world right now.