* * * - - 22 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/10: Days of Play, Games Under $15, & Save Up to 75% Sales! Deal of the Week: Stranded Deep! PS+ & PS Now Subs 30% Off!

#6121 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 06:25 PM

What I don't get is how both of you can't understand the strong dislike for how a character was handled among other things yet handwave complaints as people just liking to talk. The game isn't most peoples cup of tea.  Many would rather just watch it than play it since the actual gameplay part isn't what they are looking for.  You like it good on you.  But that doesn't magically invalidate other peoples issues with them.

Not trying to sound bitchy but I'm just tired of the last of us discussion from both sides.

#6122 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3530 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

What I don't get is how both of you can't understand the strong dislike for how a character was handled among other things yet handwave complaints as people just liking to talk. The game isn't most peoples cup of tea.  Many would rather just watch it than play it since the actual gameplay part isn't what they are looking for.  You like it good on you.  But that doesn't magically invalidate other peoples issues with them.

Never said it did.  Every single person is entitled to their own opinions.  I for one felt that all the characters were handled appropriately, and I will admit at first, I didn't like how certain aspects were handled.  But after playing the game to completion, it made sense to me why certain decisions were made.  But hey, can't please everyone.

#6123 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3459 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

What I don't get is how both of you can't understand the strong dislike for how a character was handled among other things yet handwave complaints as people just liking to talk. The game isn't most peoples cup of tea. Many would rather just watch it than play it since the actual gameplay part isn't what they are looking for. You like it good on you. But that doesn't magically invalidate other peoples issues with them.

I mean, were talking about characters that had been in all of one game. It's not like they took a sharp left turn after establishing these people for two or three games. I guess I'm just more willing to accept the direction they thought was best for the story. I don't watch movies or play games saying "this is how I would have done things". I take it for what it is - someone else's art. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously and I didn't mean to sound too harsh in the "hearing themselves talk" comment but it did seem like there was way more of that than it should have been over a stupid video game.

#6124 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

That's due to it being played by more people partially.  The series has its fans and its detractors and arguing about it happens in this thread almost routinely. Much of it is exaggerated on both sides and the recent topical stuff to it add gasoline and attract the undesirable. Personally I have no horse in the race myself.  

As for art and word of the creator that doesn't mean I have to accept them taking a turn that doesn't mesh with how characters would normally act and such in a story/setting/series.  

This is assuming the exact same people were writing the entire scenario and or not having been pushed to write a certain way by the higher ups.

#6125 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Agh, they really make WD Legion look so good.

I've only recently finished WD1 (a holdover from a rental back on PS3) and I could swear they put Pawnee across Lake Michigan to the east of downtown (which is hilarious, seeing as how a bridge across it would be quite an undertaking, not a 10 second drive) in the original and moved it northwest in the PS4 version. I also remember taking on Deadmau5 early on in the game at the Chicago Theater, not towards the end.

Hopefully WD2 will go on sale cheap in a gold edition like WD1 did and I can pick that up and burn through it.

#6126 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3225 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:19 AM

What's terrible though is people are attacking Laura Bailey for the things her character did in the game, like she has any control over the story

#6127 TheRyno665   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

TheRyno665

Posted Today, 01:53 PM

Agh, they really make WD Legion look so good.

I've only recently finished WD1 (a holdover from a rental back on PS3) and I could swear they put Pawnee across Lake Michigan to the east of downtown (which is hilarious, seeing as how a bridge across it would be quite an undertaking, not a 10 second drive) in the original and moved it northwest in the PS4 version. I also remember taking on Deadmau5 early on in the game at the Chicago Theater, not towards the end.

Hopefully WD2 will go on sale cheap in a gold edition like WD1 did and I can pick that up and burn through it.

I never played the first one but I really liked WD2.  Legion doesn't look like a huge leap beyond the "play as anyone" feature but even if it is more of the same of WD2, I think it'll still be fun.