* * * - - 8 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/16: PS Retro Sale! $4 Arcade Archive games, $14 Konami Collections, $5 Ikaruga, & More!

#151 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted Yesterday, 04:47 AM

If you backed Bloodstained for a PS4 copy don't forget to check your backer page for a code for the pre-order dynamic theme. I just found out the codes had been added a while ago.

#152 KillerBs75  

KillerBs75

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 AM

basically grab anything that was $20 or less from the days of play sale.  They'll hit those prices again by BF.

Uncharted is better than rebooted TR series by a long shot.  Only the first TR was really good since it was different than previous TR games.

It's more like Tomb Raider (2013) heavily borrowed from Uncharted.  But yes similar games.  I haven't played the most recent TR but overall I find the Uncharted games to be a little bit more polished.  They're enough alike where if you like (or dislike) once series, the same will probably be true for the other. 

I'd add Bloodborne and Persona 5 to your must-play list (GoW, Spidey, and H:ZD). 

The first Tomb Raider reboot game was definitely my favorite.  The 2nd one was fun but less memorable.  Haven't gotten around to playing the 3rd yet.  If Uncharted is better then that's a plus.

I guess I'll have to try Bloodborne literally everything I read says how great it is.  I only got about halfway through Dark Souls and just got sick of it.  Couple missteps on a boss or just need to save/logoff for a while and argh it's back to another 15-30 minute tedious grind just to get back where I already was.  I don't mind the difficulty and always found fights fair, it was more the repetitive nature of going through and killing the same mobs over and over and over and over when I didn't really enjoy fighting them at all.

I'll check out Persona as well.  At a glance not something I'd have looked in to but I'm open to try things that I haven't before.  Found the old Days of Play sale and added a bunch from there too  

#153 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1959 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

That Mega Man 30th bundle is tempting, but I feel like it can get cheaper in future sales.  Then again, my PS+ might run out before that happens...

It probably will get cheaper, but it's still a pretty crazy deal for what's included, especially if you don't already have any of them. You're getting 19 games over 5 groups (four collections and a standalone), just two of which together would normally cost more than the whole bundle is going for right now.

#154 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5818 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Thinking of getting the Jak Dax trilogy....has anyone played it? Worth $15?

#155 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9382 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:54 PM

Thinking of getting the Jak Dax trilogy....has anyone played it? Worth $15?

I've heard similar to other PS2 on PS4 remasters that there is some input lag. It seems to affect these games a bit more because of precise platforming needed at times, but I can't vouch. Honestly you're likely better playing the PS3 HD collection which seems to work great. Most of the PS2 to PS4 remasters are likely janky and not worth it. Doesn't stop me from getting the RPG ones like Star Ocean.

#156 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4761 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

I've heard similar to other PS2 on PS4 remasters that there is some input lag. It seems to affect these games a bit more because of precise platforming needed at times, but I can't vouch. Honestly you're likely better playing the PS3 HD collection which seems to work great. Most of the PS2 to PS4 remasters are likely janky and not worth it. Doesn't stop me from getting the RPG ones like Star Ocean.

Star ocean wise any input lag is not going to be much of an issue so you will be fine.  May cause an issue with near infinite spamming of side kick or aiming device scattering beam.

#157 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30633 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:11 AM

150 posts in 9 days? I remember when this thread had 150 posts every few hours.

#158 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1679 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:37 PM

150 posts in 9 days? I remember when this thread had 150 posts every few hours.

Post deals, not your nostalgia.

#159 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68883 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 03:20 PM

Catching up on some things I missed:

PS4

Dark Quest 2 - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/22

Perception: Remastered - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/5

Rock Band 4 Rivals Bundle - $41.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/29

S.O.N - $10.49 - 30% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/22

Super Volley Blast - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/16

We Are The Dwarves - $4.49 - 70% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 8/8

PSVR

Guns ‘n’ Stories: Bulletproof VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/29

PS4 Add-ons

Fortnite: Save the World - Deluxe Founder’s Pack - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/23

Fortnite: Save the World - Standard Founder’s Pack - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/23

Rock Band 4 - “100 Bad Days” by AJR - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 8/1

Here are the freebies:

Games

Growtopia - Free

Demos

PSVR Blood & Truth Demo

Beastmode III Konsole Kingz Avatar - Free

Some other notable releases:

Arcade Archives Alpha Mission - $7.99

PSVR The Copper Canyon Shoot Out - $9.99

Driving Essentials - $39.99

Etherborn - $16.99

Gabbuchi - $7.99

Redeemer: Enhanced Edition - $29.99

Submersed - $14.99

PSVR Telefrag VR - $24.99

#160 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68883 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 05:56 PM

To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landing, I'm going to do a stream of Kerbal Space Program and try to see if I can get to the Moon at about 10 PM ET/7 PM PT.