* * * - - 7 votes

Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

#331 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2726 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:10 PM

Definitely enjoying it overall so far but...yes the dreaded issue...

The framerate, while on my TV...is so bad it actually gives me motion sickness.  That is SUPER rare to happen to me, only in the worst of the worst offenders.  In handheld mode it's certainly still there, but it's much less noticeable since it's jerking around in your hands anyway.  Not only is it as bad as I had read in reviews, I'd say it's WORSE.  And I'm the type of person who usually doesn't mind a slightly worse framerate in exchange for better graphics (I have plenty of friends who are the opposite).  I always choose the "better graphics" mode on my X1X and I always push things to the limit on my PC.  With the framerate, to each their own, and I know a lot of people might not even notice it much or even care...but to deny it's there or to try to blast others for pointing it out is a bit crazy.

Otherwise it's a SUPER cute and charming game.  The length isn't an issue since I'm a gamer Dad, so if anything it's the perfect length.  Controls aren't exactly perfect but I understand they were trying to replicate the original 1:1 as much as possible.  I'd still recommend it, but I'm not sure the last time I was so shocked at a Nintendo game being released in such a state with the framerate issues.

#332 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

This reviews have me interested but I'll probably pick up later. I was going to do a swap to keep DQ and fire emblem but I think I'll do astral and fire emblem for variety. I have so many RPGs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#333 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   745 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:02 PM

You guys who got to swap games got lucky. My targets won't let me exchange for another game. So I got 3 copies for $56

#334 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1847 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

You guys who got to swap games got lucky. My targets won't let me exchange for another game. So I got 3 copies for $56

Did some people manage to do exchanges? I hadn’t read that.

#335 JayG180  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

Super late on this deal 🤦🏼‍♂️
Is it still available or no?

#336 Senator Bardock  

Senator Bardock

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

No

#337 JayG180  

No

Thanks.

#338 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Did some people manage to do exchanges? I hadn’t read that.

I thought of just exchanging with out receipt

#339 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:22 PM

I thought of just exchanging with out receipt

This is return fraud. If you have done this at all in the past 12 months and do it again for this game, you are going to possibly get in trouble. Don't do it.

#340 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

A shipping label was created for my dqxi order. That will save me an extra chat to change to in store pick up

#341 raginasian85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

raginasian85

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:17 PM

I just did a no receipt return of my copy of Astral Chain at Walmart. The customer service rep had to pull the manager and it was at their discretion. They scanned my ID and I signed for it. I've rarely done it before if ever. I imagine they'd catch on if you tried to abuse the system.

I tried at my local Best Buy and they said they couldn't. I even tried to do an immediate exchange but they still wouldn't. Which is a shame cause I would have liked to get Collection of Mana (not in Target or Walmart). 

Anyway, I got a $50 walmart GC which I plan on using for a future game deal.

#342 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:20 PM

I just did a no receipt return of my copy of Astral Chain at Walmart. The customer service rep had to pull the manager and it was at their discretion. They scanned my ID and I signed for it. I've rarely done it before if ever. I imagine they'd catch on if you tried to abuse the system.

I tried at my local Best Buy and they said they couldn't. I even tried to do an immediate exchange but they still wouldn't. Which is a shame cause I would have liked to get Collection of Mana (not in Target or Walmart). 

Anyway, I got a $50 walmart GC which I plan on using for a future game deal.

It usually goes unnoticed until you hit like $75 (depends on state?). Then the state can be notified and you will be monitored more closely to see if you keep abusing this. There is a reason they have to get your driver's license.

Before anyone else keeps thinking this is a good idea, you could get in legal trouble for doing this. Make smart decisions. 

You guys got a free game from Target, why take this to an extra level of scummy?

#343 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3306 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:23 PM

I imagine they'd catch on if you tried to abuse the system.

Yes they do.  I forget what the limit is, but it used to be like two returns without receipt per year or per 6mo or something.  I'm sure it's on their website somewhere.   And yeah, there's the whole return fraud thing and Walmart will ban you on top of that for ever returning anything without a receipt.   I've done it sparingly but only for items I legit bought at walmart and wanted to return because of buyers remorse or something and I didn't have the receipt or knew it was going to be past the return window for having the receipt.

#344 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

It usually goes unnoticed until you hit like $75 (depends on state?). Then the state can be notified and you will be monitored more closely to see if you keep abusing this. There is a reason they have to get your driver's license.

Before anyone else keeps thinking this is a good idea, you could get in legal trouble for doing this. Make smart decisions.

You guys got a free game from Target, why take this to an extra level of scummy?

Why do you care what they are doing. Let them bee.

#345 Senator Bardock  

Senator Bardock

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

A shipping label was created for my dqxi order. That will save me an extra chat to change to in store pick up

Do u see that on the app or website

#346 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Why do you care what they are doing. Let them bee.

Some people are actually not aware. I only know of one person on this site that purposefully does it all the time (or at least brags about it)

#347 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15021 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:56 PM

Lol this is still going? Target is such a pushover. ;)

Won't get around to the game for a while but got it mainly for the new aesthetic. Wasn't a fan of it on GB back in the day, mainly because I always got stuck at a certain point early on; just couldn't figure out how to progress and didn't have internet back then to figure it out. I have to wonder if the same thing would happen now lol, but I've played most older gen Zelda games and that was the only one so must've just been poor quest design.

#348 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:02 PM

Yeah I actually didn't know it was such a big deal. I mean I can understand abusing a situation but I figured once or twice would be okay

#349 raginasian85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

raginasian85

Posted 01 October 2019 - 07:22 PM

Some people are actually not aware. I only know of one person on this site that purposefully does it all the time (or at least brags about it)

Sorry, thanks for the tip.

Like I said, I don't do this normally and did not intend to defraud anyone. I just went to Walmart and asked if I could turn the game in without a receipt for either store credit or exhange for a different game. And they said ok.

#350 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

Sorry, thanks for the tip.

Like I said, I don't do this normally and did not intend to defraud anyone. I just went to Walmart and asked if I could turn the game in without a receipt for either store credit or exhange for a different game. And they said ok.

In the eyes of the law, your intentions on whether to (or not to) defraud a company will not matter - your intent to make gains from your actions will.

A. You knowingly purchased an item from Target at a deep discount

B. You knowingly went to another vendor (e.g. Walmart) and asked to return the item without a receipt...fully aware that the item was never purchased from Walmart, by you or by others

These two items meet the criteria for retail fraud, which is a felony/misdemeanor depending on the value of the item(s) involved.  

Just to be clear, retail fraud is not the same as arbitrage (a.k.a. flipping), which is NOT illegal under most circumstances. 

#351 raginasian85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

raginasian85

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:55 PM

In the eyes of the law, your intentions on whether to (or not to) defraud a company will not matter - your intent to make gains from your actions will.

A. You knowingly purchased an item from Target at a deep discount

B. You knowingly went to another vendor (e.g. Walmart) and asked to return the item without a receipt...fully aware that the item was never purchased from Walmart, by you or by others

These two items meet the criteria for retail fraud, which is a felony/misdemeanor depending on the value of the item(s) involved.  

Just to be clear, retail fraud is not the same as arbitrage (a.k.a. flipping), which is NOT illegal under most circumstances. 

Chill out

I never led them to believe the item came from Walmart as a return. I told them I have a game that's brand new and sealed and I asked if it were possible to exchange it for something else or turn it in for store credit. The manager said "ok" and gave me a gift card. I did not deceive them to accept the item. I simply asked the possiblity and they said "ok".

#352 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:58 PM

Chill out

I never led them to believe the item came from Walmart as a return. I told them I have a game that's brand new and sealed and I asked if it were possible to exchange it for something else or turn it in for store credit. The manager said "ok" and gave me a gift card. I did not deceive them to accept the item. I simply asked the possiblity and they said "ok".

*Whoosh*

#353 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6895 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

Chill out

You're not understanding. It's the fact that you mislead a store with merchandise you didn't get from that store and / or got cheaper elsewhere. You are clearly missing the point. 

Continue doing you though but it is return fraud.

#354 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:47 PM

Do u see that on the app or website

App, and I got an email saying it shipped

#355 Senator Bardock  

Senator Bardock

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:38 PM

App, and I got an email saying it shipped

just got my email now for dq11

#356 Meepo  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

I just returned my extra copy of Link's Awakening right back to target. I told them I didn't have a receipt, which was true. The order they mailed me was just two games and an amiibo flung into a box without any protection or documentation whatsoever.

#357 srocky26  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:59 PM

I just returned my extra copy of Link's Awakening right back to target. I told them I didn't have a receipt, which was true. The order they mailed me was just two games and an amiibo flung into a box without any protection or documentation whatsoever.

You know what you did was illegal. At least own up to what you did.

#358 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:11 PM

Your email confirmation is the receipt.

#359 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:28 PM

Shame on everyone!

#360 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3283 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:15 AM

This is return fraud. If you have done this at all in the past 12 months and do it again for this game, you are going to possibly get in trouble. Don't do it.

Is it? I thought Target's return policy allowed us to make an exchange without receipt for the current selling price of Links Awakening, which is $60.