Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Saw this at Slickdeals. Apparently Target sent an email to their customers about this Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Zelda Link's Awakening or any Switch games plus you get a $10 giftcard as well so check your email if you got one.

In-store only.

Note: Reports on slickdeals you can also do this too with an online chat rep.

8411059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone who got the deal is looking to sell their extra copy of Link's Awakening send me a message with your asking price.
Ditto!!! I only want link's awakening since my Best Buy store pickup order for the dreamer edition is still not fulfilled. Hook us up:)

Just placed ab order for delivery myself while on phone w customer service. She was hesitant but I argued my case and she price adjusted for me :)

Funny online chat seems to be down or not connecting any new chats at the moment.

Funny online chat seems to be down or not connecting any new chats at the moment.
Keep refreshing until it connects (just click the Chat button over and over without closing the pop out) ... Mention email, when they say no - mention your friend got the deal by calling in, mention your redcard ... Buy 2 games, get refunded ... Get 2 games, 1 $10 GC, 2 pin sets ... Profit?

Keep refreshing until it connects (just click the Chat button over and over without closing the pop out) ... Mention email, when they say no - mention your friend got the deal by calling in, mention your redcard ... Buy 2 games, get refunded ... Get 2 games, 1 $10 GC, 2 pin sets ... Profit?
Good advice, I'm just not sure I have the energy for it all.

Yes, somebody made a mistake LETS MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT ARRRRRRRGH! And then, lets hound the poor CS reps through chat, phone, and in-store when they try to explain it was a mistake and DEMAND they honor it...and then contact multiple reps until they do!

No, no they don't need to be honored, and no they don't owe us anything. If it was truly a mistake, which by all accounts so far it seems to have been, just let it go. It's easy, just go "huh, sucks they made a mistake, but I'm going to decide to not make their reps lives more horrible than they already are by not being a douche and hounding them about it". It's very easy...just let it go...
Translation: Tried to get the deal but got denied.

I just tried it and the first rep I chatted with said they'd honor it and take the $59.99 off for the second game when I pick it up at the store. 

Thanks for posting! I decided to give it a try. It took several attempts just to get chat to work but I had a fantastic rep who said it was a mistake before I basically even asked my question but then said they valued customers like me and he would honor it. He was quick and took care of everything. I decided to pre order Luigi’s mansion so I couldn’t get the $10 but then he gave me a gift card anyway. Not sure if I’m keeping Zelda or not as I haven’t looked at the game much and Zelda usually isn’t my style. But I am happy to have Luigi coming my way! Thanks again!

I'm surprised how little attention CAG is giving this thread.

any 2 full msrp switch games for $59.99 + tax with $10 giftcard if you pick up.

I have never seen switch games this cheap and reps are still honoring this

Order1: Link's awakening & Fire Emblem 3 houses $59.99 + tax and $10 giftcard back - already picked up

Order2: Super Mario Maker 2 & Astral Chain $59.99 + tax and $10 giftcard back - already picked up

Order 3: Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword for $59.99 total (Both pre-order)

Well got shut down both tries. First rep mentioned the pins the other said it was in store only. I don't have any luck when it comes to ymmv deals and trying to get reps to honor them. 

Was sort of able to get the deal on the first try?

Rep tried to tell me I received the wrong email and to ignore it. Told her my friend was able to procure the deal via chat, then she offered 25% off. Asked nicely and she sort of gave me the deal?

Total is $74 some how. $119 for both games - $64 (discount) + $9 tax = $64. Don't know where the other $10 is from?

Order1: Link's awakening & Fire Emblem 3 houses $59.99 + tax and $10 giftcard back - already picked up

Order2: Super Mario Maker 2 & Astral Chain $59.99 + tax and $10 giftcard back - already picked up

Jesus. Target is insane for allowing people to abuse this mistake.

Anybody ordering more than once is pushing their luck and making sure target never honors a mistake like this again. Good job greedos.

Took about 30 mins to get the chance to chat with an online rep. I just received the deal with zero hassle! Second game is a preorder of Pokémon Sword!

Jesus. Target is insane for allowing people to abuse this mistake.

Anybody ordering more than once is pushing their luck and making sure target never honors a mistake like this again. Good job greedos.
That person could be like me and have multiple accounts. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption.

I called and had the order completed in 20 minutes. Got Luigi‘s mansion and links awakening. Not gonna try to abuse it so just doing it this one time.
Really wasn’t going to give them a hard time about it but they did not give me any real objections.

Still works, i just tried and got the adjustment on luigis Mansion and animal crossing. I asked about the $10 and was told it should post in 4 to 24 hours and to contact them if it doesn't

The day I forgot not to visit this site, I missed on a deal again. This should be dead by now right?
I tried chatting with a rep this morning. Clearly they are aware of the issue as I got an immediate response (no):

The email you received regarding the promotion was intended to be for the store offer shown in the weekly ad (page 6): Buy the Legend of Zelda: The Link's Awakening, and get a free Zelda pin set. The stores have the free gift at the Electronics counter while quantities last.

I talked to chat last night and they seemed on the fence about it cause I bought Astral Chain Saturday and was asking if I could return it with the receipt and then buy Zelda and they get Astral Chain as the free game. They told they couldn’t online but were aware of the promo and would need to go to a store and they would have to process as a return then resell it back to me. Took screen grabs cause they acknowledged the deal in the chat so wish me luck today after work. Was told to bring the game as well

The rep I spoke to said he couldn't find the offer, but he gave me 50 percent off my order. I'll take it.

Someone went hard

Just got in on the deal no questions asked by chat agent Rose. Got Zelda, Astral Chain and $10 GC. So on the website it says my total is $67.98 (Tax charged on both games?), but I received an email that it's ready to be picked up and it says my total paid is $54.87. 

Boo... looks like online chat is down... really don't feel like calling.
It's just flooded with normies. Keep refreshing but there is a high chance you won't be able to get in on this at this point. I'm just hoping my pickup orders are good to go in about two hours.

Has anyone with a pickup order received the pins?

First rep shot me down instantly, but the second rep (although aware it was an error) said she would honor the deal if I did instore pickup. They ended up refunding $48.99 and honored the $10 giftcard too, on my way pickup the order now, will report back if I get the pin set.

First rep shot me down instantly, but the second rep (although aware it was an error) said she would honor the deal if I did instore pickup. They ended up refunding $48.99 and honored the $10 giftcard too, on my way pickup the order now, will report back if I get the pin set.
Exact same sitch here.

I talked to chat last night and they seemed on the fence about it cause I bought Astral Chain Saturday and was asking if I could return it with the receipt and then buy Zelda and they get Astral Chain as the free game. They told they couldn’t online but were aware of the promo and would need to go to a store and they would have to process as a return then resell it back to me. Took screen grabs cause they acknowledged the deal in the chat so wish me luck today after work. Was told to bring the game as well
Wouldn't it have been more simple, by an order of magnitude, to just get Zelda and Astral Chain through this promo and then just return a sealed Astral Chain with your old receipt from Saturday?

Guys, is this still active? Do I just add two games to my cart, and then call customer service and say I got the email and ask for them to honor it?

*Edit:  They've delisted this from the web page, I'm too late as always ;/

I ended up getting my copy and then I went to electronics to ask for the pin set, but they didn't have any more. The woman said she would have gave me one otherwise.

That was surprisingly easy.  I got SSM2 and preordered Luigi's Mansion 3...

Holly: Hi! My name is Holly. How can I help you today?
Me: hi
Me: i received an email saying that i could get a b1g1 free promotion on switch games. however when i try to checkout, i'm not seeing any way to enable the offer.
Holly: Let me check the cart details and help you however I can.
Holly: Can you provide me with your cart number? It will be located below the order summary on the checkout page.
Me: ##########
Holly: Thank you.
Holly: Would you mind waiting a few minutes while I check into that?
Me: sure
Holly: Thanks for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Holly: The Buy 1 Get 1 promotion is eligible only for in-store purchase order.
Me: no problem
Holly: The promotion varies from store purchase and online orders.
Me: hmm, it didn't show anything in the email stating that
Me: would it be possible to honor it online for instore pickup?
Holly: In this case, I don't want to disappoint you. I'll process 50% discount for the order total as an exception.
Holly: Sounds good?
Me: yes that would work
Me: basically does the same thing
Me: i really appreciate it
Holly: My pleasure assisting you today.
Me: is that something you just apply to the cart number?
Holly: I suggest you to submit the order, once the order is placed I'll process the discount amount.
Me: ahh ok
Me: give me a minute
Holly: Sure, take your time.,
Me: the order has been placed
Holly: Awesome,.
Holly: I have successfully processed the discount amount for the order
Holly: The new order total is $65.11 including tax amount.
Holly: You will receive an email confirmation shortly regarding the same.
Me: thank you so much
Me: have a great day!
Holly: You're most welcome.
Holly: You to, Thanks for visiting Target.com. I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Same thing happened with me. No issues and everything went smoothly got astral chain and Luigi's mansion 3. just that zelda is apparently sold out in store and online. If you get an error in chat like the reps are busy just keep refreshing the page

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That was surprisingly easy. I got SSM2 and preordered Luigi's Mansion 3...

Holly: Hi! My name is Holly. How can I help you today?
Me: hi
Me: i received an email saying that i could get a b1g1 free promotion on switch games. however when i try to checkout, i'm not seeing any way to enable the offer.
Holly: Let me check the cart details and help you however I can.
Holly: Can you provide me with your cart number? It will be located below the order summary on the checkout page.
Me: ##########
Holly: Would you mind waiting a few minutes while I check into that?
Me: sure
Holly: Thanks for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Holly: The Buy 1 Get 1 promotion is eligible only for in-store purchase order.
Me: no problem
Holly: The promotion varies from store purchase and online orders.
Me: hmm, it didn't show anything in the email stating that
Me: would it be possible to honor it online for instore pickup?
Holly: In this case, I don't want to disappoint you. I'll process 50% discount for the order total as an exception.
Holly: Sounds good?
Me: yes that would work
Me: basically does the same thing
Me: i really appreciate it
Holly: My pleasure assisting you today.
Me: is that something you just apply to the cart number?
Holly: I suggest you to submit the order, once the order is placed I'll process the discount amount.
Me: ahh ok
Me: give me a minute
Holly: Sure, take your time.,
Me: the order has been placed
Holly: Awesome,.
Holly: I have successfully processed the discount amount for the order
Holly: The new order total is $65.11 including tax amount.
Holly: You will receive an email confirmation shortly regarding the same.
Me: thank you so much
Me: have a great day!
Holly: You're most welcome.
Holly: You to, Thanks for visiting Target.com. I hope you'll visit us again soon!
I got Holly but was denied. Congrats on getting the offer to work.

Not even going to try this at my Target. Every time there is a deal or something like this they deny it. I've had them refuse to sell me multiple clearance sticker items (as in clearance sticker, on the shelf and available for anyone to pick up) because it wasn't fair to anyone else that might want to buy it on clearance. I dont know who I pissed off at Target but there is always some shade thrown about me being a reseller or scumbag when I try to ask for a price match or deal match.

My favorite was trying to get Diablo 3 battle chest for $4. They had it in their store pickup as $4. The in store price was $20. The app said they didnt have any in stock to order for store pickup but they had 4 copies. I took them to customer service and explained that the app says $4 but in store only but their store price was $20. I got some run around about how the online system has to have it in stock available for store pickup and that its completely separate from their in store inventory. Bottom line, you aren't buying these.

Target is basically dead to me on any errors/mistakes.

Just attempted this in the past 10 minutes, had a successful discourse - Pre-ordered Pokemon Sword and Dragon Quest for ~$65. 

First rep told me they could only do a 20% discount.

Second one told me to place an order and they would adjust the price. Just got the discount email and my order was updated. Just gotta talk to the agents like people and not be mean about it.  

bread's done
Back