Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Saw this at Slickdeals. Apparently Target sent an email to their customers about this Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Zelda Link's Awakening or any Switch games plus you get a $10 giftcard as well so check your email if you got one.

In-store only.

Note: Reports on slickdeals you can also do this too with an online chat rep.

8411059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First rep told me they could only do a 20% discount.

Second one told me to place an order and they would adjust the price. Just got the discount email and my order was updated. Just gotta talk to the agents like people and not be mean about it.
Precisely - if you don't get a motion in your favor, just be pleasant, move on and try the next rep.

Picked up Zelda but they were out of the pins. Received this one instead for free.[attachment=32795:E03AEE10-D06E-4DB1-80FA-406AE0D6C641.jpeg]

Ok did it with no issue whatsoever, now the discount doesn't sound right. I working on that. So the amount for me was $72.14.

Here is what I got for explanation which I don't know if its the same for you guys.

Sean: When a free Target GiftCard is offered with a qualifying item, you'll be charged the amount of the qualifying item reduced by a Target discount equal to the amount of the gift card, and you'll be charged a separate amount for the value of the gift card.Sean: The combination of the two transactions will total your original order amount so you are not being charged additional for the gift card.

Edit- Nvm. I just got it lol.

I'm trying to get one more order in, but I've had 3 different reps now tell me that the promo I'm referencing is already expired. 

So I got Astra Chain and Fire Emblem. Not sure if I should push my luck and get another order for Pokemon Sword and Dragon Quest XI S.

One rep told me that the order is for an item out of stock, and a second told me that the promotion is in store only. I will try this afternoon again.Tom and Julius were my 2 reps that denied me, didn't seem to want to honor the email at all.

How are you guys able to get the promotion without Links Awakening? I’ve added Astral Chain & Marvel Ultimate Alliance & I see no discount.

How are you guys able to get the promotion without Links Awakening? I’ve added Astral Chain & Marvel Ultimate Alliance & I see no discount.
You don't see a discount with Links Awakening either. You have to use chat and have them adjust your order.

Was finally able to get an agent who will let me get the discount I ordered Pokémon Sword and Luigi’s Mansion 3. I don’t think I got the $10 gift card but that does not matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have to email them it was not supposed to be for a game it was supposed to be for a pin set they made an error you have to chat with them. Since Links awakening is sold out they were offering other games but it looks like it is all but over as they found the glitch

I was able to get Pokemon Sword and Luigis Mansion preorded. I wasn't going to bother with this, but with you guys having luck I took a chance and got it. Thanks guys and Thanks KemperJones used your chat as a reference. 

Was finally able to get an agent who will let me get the discount I ordered Pokémon Sword and Luigi’s Mansion 3. I don’t think I got the $10 gift card but that does not matter.

I think both games your suppose to do a pick up or drive up for the $10 gift card it also wont work on preorders cause of it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think both games your suppose to do a pick up or drive up for the $10 gift card it also wont work on preorders cause of it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Well I got both games they came to less than 70 bucks total and they will be shipping to my house so it is what it is.

talking to an agent right now.... Veronica. Trying to get Astral Chain and Fire Emblem.

Told me the deal is expired since Zelda is oos. I ddint even mention Zelda though, just that the email said B1G1 free on Switch games. shes seeing if theres anything she can do on her end.

PLEASE don't be like the Slickdeals scum and abuse this. It was CLEARLY a mistake, just let it go. And please, PLEASE for the love of gamers worldwide if you do decide to call/chat and they deny you don't try and push it. They don't owe us anything for what was clearly a mistake...
It's still being honored right now so get off your high horse. No harm in asking and I was able to get in on this yesterday with $10 GC for $60+tax no sweat. Got two Zelda which I'll just end up swapping the extra for Luigi's Mansion 3 since the better half wants it desperately ha.

So how does one swap the games after the order has been placed for in-store pick up? Just return and exchange?
Just exchange for a game and they'll have to apply w/e discount to the new game to get them to match up. If they give you a hard time, just no receipt it another time.

I cleaned up shop, got 8 games for $30a piece from this. Have an extra Link's Awakening digital code as well.

Tried like 5 times in chat, 3 on phone and 1 in store. Always polite and gets me no match. One offered a $10 discount at least.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one - it's an excellent deal!

Was able to get through to chat around 2:20 Central time and had no issues getting a 50% refund on an order placed for four Switch games: (1) Luigi's Mansion 3, (2) Pokemon Sword, (3) Pokemon Shield, (4) Dragon Quest XI.  All will be shipped (in store pickup was not an option that was provided). 

Just tried this, lost 2 hours of time plus dozens of day time minutes over 5 phone calls. Target customer service is THE WORST. Dont try this if you dont want a headache of dealing with them, better have the original email too. They will want you to pay the $130 first and MAYBE match you on the offer anyway. Their reps are confused & honestly plain lost.
Some said the deal could be done, and even encouraged it & others blocked me.
Never giving them my money again but if anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate it. Target is making the rules up as they go. They are even worse than Best Buy.

Just tried this, lost 2 hours of time plus dozens of day time minutes over 5 phone calls. Target customer service is THE WORST. Dont try this if you dont want a headache of dealing with them, better have the original email too. They will want you to pay the $130 first and MAYBE match you on the offer anyway. Their reps are confused & honestly plain lost.
Some said the deal could be done, and even encouraged it & others blocked me.
Never giving them my money again but if anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate it. Target is making the rules up as they go. They are even worse than Best Buy.
You are not entitled to get this deal.

PS: what plan still has "day time minutes" and that losing dozens of them would hit your wallet that hard?

You are not entitled to get this deal.
PS: what plan still has "day time minutes" and that losing dozens of them would hit your wallet that hard?
The fact that everyone else is getting it does. I have the right to be treated the same as others. Dont count the change in my pocket bro, not your place.

Easy time actually going in store. Took screenshots from target chat saying they would honor deal instore only so no preorders for me unfortunately because instore they said go online to prerorder but gave me 4 sets of Link ❤️ Marin pins. Coolest target manager fought for me and another cust taking part in the error for almost an hour on phone with corporate. She gave us starbucks as we waited and knew full well it was a mistake on target’s part but we had chat confirmation that they’d honor it. She ended up just giving us gift cards for the amount of the second game. I got two Link’s Awakening and the other customer got one Link’s and DQ builders II

Didn’t know how to trigger that free $10 gift card and didn’t want to press my luck with an already awesome customer service manager

Got a chat rep to give me 50% off on Astral Chain + MUA3 after I ordered but when I went to pick up in store they told me their system was down and couldn't do pickups

bread's done
Back