Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Saw this at Slickdeals. Apparently Target sent an email to their customers about this Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Zelda Link's Awakening or any Switch games plus you get a $10 giftcard as well so check your email if you got one.

In-store only.

Note: Reports on slickdeals you can also do this too with an online chat rep.

8411059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to say that the physical version is back in stock for Links Awakening.  I just added the items to the cart, did the chat box, and the person gave me a credit on my first try with no problem.

I was wrong, this deal's not dead. Just got Pokemon Sword and Shield pre-ordered...insane.

I love you, Veronica! I got a secret crush on you, Veronica!

Miley and Paolo said no. JP said no (as he did last night) but then he got me to place an order and disappeared before adjusting it lol.

Just did a chat to inquire about the gift card that the agent offered me when the $10 didn’t apply for picking up In store. The agent said that they have received an email from the internal department to no longer honor the email and that they are investigating the orders that were already placed. Not sure if it’s true but just giving a heads up

Just did a chat to inquire about the gift card that the agent offered me when the $10 didn’t apply for picking up In store. The agent said that they have received an email from the internal department to no longer honor the email and that they are investigating the orders that were already placed. Not sure if it’s true but just giving a heads up
Wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them get canceled.

I can confirm that at least in Rockville, MD I was able to do the deal in store.  Told the associate at electronics tonight about the promo and even told him about it being on CAG--I think he actually checked the thread on here to confirm!  His workaround was to give me half off each of the games (Link and Mario Tennis Aces).  He also said he didn't think the other associate would have done it for me, so this is most likely YMMV, but at least it is some confirmation of it working in the wild.

(I forgot to get the associate's name, but if you are out there, you rock.)

Just got off of a chat and the guy told me to go into the store for the deal. Is this working in store?
My chat rep said the same thing. I was really annoyed because that's actually the 3rd excuse they gave me. His story kept changing. At first they said it was an error and they were fixing it. I said, that's unfortunate but ok.

As we kept talking he said, "you know it's not even available for online purchase." I was taken aback because that was a blatant lie. When I called him out that's when he said, "it's an in store promo. You should go and do it in store." By that point I was pretty annoyed because I was pretty sure if I would go into the store I'd just be wasting my time. He also deferred me to their phone line so they can better help me.

So I chatted on the phone and they said to go into the store as well. They said Target B&M and Target.com have separate policies and that the promo was strictly for B&M. I said the email was from target.com and that I didn't trust that if I were to go into the store, that I would be taken care of. And I found it to be a turn off how quickly and confidently they were to direct me to the store to redeem the promo, because if things dont work out, its just my time that's lost (which is a bullshit thing to do).

So I asked if there was a way to guarantee that I would be able to redeem in store since they were so confident. I asked for some sort of evidence that I could reference. So the chat rep gave me a Case Number. They said if the in store people give me a hard time I should be able to get them to get a phone rep to work with them using my case number.

With that, I guess I'll hit up the store tomorrow to see how it goes.

I've been trying for the past hour with no luck. If you get Helen, JP, Gab, Erroll, Julia, Paolo, Seth, Rhea, Allen or Jaden don't bother.
You can add Henna to that list. Tried once just now for the hell of it.

And Rona. Just tried twice.

And Jerald. Three strikes.

All three agents said "the system will not allow us." They also all said, "I hope you understand." Either they stick to a very strict script, or I have a feeling that Target Chat arbitrarily assigns agents a random name and I've talked to the same agent all three times.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for Switch games to go on sale on Amazon or Best Buy, which is where I usually find deals on them.

I can confirm that at least in Rockville, MD I was able to do the deal in store. Told the associate at electronics tonight about the promo and even told him about it being on CAG--I think he actually checked the thread on here to confirm! His workaround was to give me half off each of the games (Link and Mario Tennis Aces). He also said he didn't think the other associate would have done it for me, so this is most likely YMMV, but at least it is some confirmation of it working in the wild.

(I forgot to get the associate's name, but if you are out there, you rock.)
Can anyone post a screen shot of the email? In store, I showed them the chat but they said they wanted to see the original email before giving the deal because it was such a big discount. Thanks. (The one on the first page just looked like a pop-up ad more so than an email.)

Anal retentive Target CSR wouldn’t let me swap one of my Links Awakening copies because she demanded it had to be returned and rebought. I hate dealing with idiots in retail that can’t understand the value is literally the same for 2 $59.99. Guess I’ll be utilizing my old school CAG methods then 😈

Anal retentive Target CSR wouldn’t let me swap one of my Links Awakening copies because she demanded it had to be returned and rebought. I hate dealing with idiots in retail that can’t understand the value is literally the same for 2 $59.99. Guess I’ll be utilizing my old school CAG methods then
I avoided the inevitable shitshow by just doing a no-receipt return. I received the full value on a target gift card and immediately went to the back and bought astral chain.

Managed to speak to someone over the phone who asked me to place an order for the two desired games (link’s awakening and astral chains) and then issued me a refund for the cost of one. Felt like those were to games that wouldn’t be getting a discount any time soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given it 7 tries at this point.  Everyone is giving the same, "This was an error / I hope you understand" spiel.  Deal is dead.  Kicking myself for not seeing this thread 2 days ago.  Oh well, I guess I can wait for these Switch games to eventually go on sale for $30 by 2024.  I didn't even care for Link's Awakening, I was hoping for Astral Chain.  Looks really good from the videos and reviews I've seen.

Feels shitty like around Black Friday last year when I missed the deal where Diablo III: Eternal Collection for Switch was ringing out for like $17 at Walmart.

I just got in another three orders. The CS rep accidentally discounted me too much as well because I mentioned the $10 GC. Lol

I avoided the inevitable shitshow by just doing a no-receipt return. I received the full value on a target gift card and immediately went to the back and bought astral chain.
Yep ... tried taking the high road, but as is so often the case ... it’s easier to just do that and not have to hope the CSR has more common sense than being a company drone.

I might have to do that if I'm not able to move the last two copies I have. I already sold one for $50 locally. A guy messaged me on Let Go claiming that I was charging more than MSRP because my listing is set at $55 or best offer. He then blocked me...People need to get a grip.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Still works. Just did it for Zelda and Chain. Side note however, they went to apply it two days ago in chat but while I was in chat they put Zelda oos. So I'm not sure if they were just honoring the past chat.

My links awakening and fire emblem shipped but my astral chain dq xi have not. Hopefully that one doesn't get cancelled and it's related to.dqxi not being out yet

Well I didn't want to, but I think I may try again today, because I do want Link's Awakening, maybe I will pair it with Pokemon Sword.

Tried again. Guess I am not understanding how people are still getting this to work. Ex) Valond

Can you explain you got this to go through so late in the game?

Thanks!

My links awakening and fire emblem shipped but my astral chain dq xi have not. Hopefully that one doesn't get cancelled and it's related to.dqxi not being out yet
My dq11 says backordered but I got an email saying October 10. Real timely. I can't believe dq11 is not available to order on target.com anymore.

My dq11 says backordered but I got an email saying October 10. Real timely. I can't believe dq11 is not available to order on target.com anymore.
I got the same email this morning - I'm guessing that it's mainly because it won't ship until they get stock (Friday, at the earliest), giving a 10-day window for delivery. It's not the first time I've had this happen with a game preorder at Target, and I don't believe that it's related to the B1G1 shenanigans.

Got links awakening and mario maker 2 via the chat just now. 

Was very easy, just told them what the email said and they did not question it. They only discounted me 49.99 since the $10 gift card was already applied to the order though ($10 gc for spending $100 promo)

Did in store pick up. Came out to be 69 including tax. Plus a $10 gc. 

Talked to "Cole". Said it was in store only, and the promo was good until the 30th, so i printed out the conversation and I'll try it in store tomorrow.

I'm a little surprised that Target never sent an updated email saying the original was an error and the actual deal is Buy Link's Awakening get the pin set for free.  Literally everyone else does that when they make a mistake like that, either that or post in the store what the actual deal/sale is.

Also, I don't see an end date in the error email that was posted.  Are people going to keep hounding Target about this forever?

Just tried for the second time and got shot down. I wound up finding someone that works there for 17 years and she even said it was buy one get one free pin set. New lighting wouldn't strike twice. So most likely dead. Will try online again but deal is probably dead or Veryyyyyy YMMV

I just got off of live chat. He understood the problem and had me place my order online with store pickup for the full amount, then discounted my card $59.99.

I just got off of live chat. He understood the problem and had me place my order online with store pickup for the full amount, then discounted my card $59.99.
that’s what they had me do last night. After all this I may ask to even exchange Zelda for fire emblem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little surprised that Target never sent an updated email saying the original was an error and the actual deal is Buy Link's Awakening get the pin set for free. Literally everyone else does that when they make a mistake like that, either that or post in the store what the actual deal/sale is.

Also, I don't see an end date in the error email that was posted. Are people going to keep hounding Target about this forever?
TBH I tried getting the pins at three different Targets around here and all were gone, so the fact they tried to advertise something that was already gone is even more hilarious given the outcome. I like how people were begging us to not "abuse" this deal when the thread popped up but Target has been extremely generous allowing it all week long. Can't abuse what they're openly allowing for days now.

bread's done
Back