Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Saw this at Slickdeals. Apparently Target sent an email to their customers about this Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Zelda Link's Awakening or any Switch games plus you get a $10 giftcard as well so check your email if you got one.

In-store only.

Note: Reports on slickdeals you can also do this too with an online chat rep.

8411059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, thanks for the tip.

Like I said, I don't do this normally and did not intend to defraud anyone. I just went to Walmart and asked if I could turn the game in without a receipt for either store credit or exhange for a different game. And they said ok.
In the eyes of the law, your intentions on whether to (or not to) defraud a company will not matter - your intent to make gains from your actions will.

A. You knowingly purchased an item from Target at a deep discount

B. You knowingly went to another vendor (e.g. Walmart) and asked to return the item without a receipt...fully aware that the item was never purchased from Walmart, by you or by others

These two items meet the criteria for retail fraud, which is a felony/misdemeanor depending on the value of the item(s) involved.

Just to be clear, retail fraud is not the same as arbitrage (a.k.a. flipping), which is NOT illegal under most circumstances.

In the eyes of the law, your intentions on whether to (or not to) defraud a company will not matter - your intent to make gains from your actions will.

A. You knowingly purchased an item from Target at a deep discount

B. You knowingly went to another vendor (e.g. Walmart) and asked to return the item without a receipt...fully aware that the item was never purchased from Walmart, by you or by others

These two items meet the criteria for retail fraud, which is a felony/misdemeanor depending on the value of the item(s) involved.

Just to be clear, retail fraud is not the same as arbitrage (a.k.a. flipping), which is NOT illegal under most circumstances.
Chill out

I never led them to believe the item came from Walmart as a return. I told them I have a game that's brand new and sealed and I asked if it were possible to exchange it for something else or turn it in for store credit. The manager said "ok" and gave me a gift card. I did not deceive them to accept the item. I simply asked the possiblity and they said "ok".

Chill out

I never led them to believe the item came from Walmart as a return. I told them I have a game that's brand new and sealed and I asked if it were possible to exchange it for something else or turn it in for store credit. The manager said "ok" and gave me a gift card. I did not deceive them to accept the item. I simply asked the possiblity and they said "ok".
*Whoosh*

Chill out

You're not understanding. It's the fact that you mislead a store with merchandise you didn't get from that store and / or got cheaper elsewhere. You are clearly missing the point.

Continue doing you though but it is return fraud.

I just returned my extra copy of Link's Awakening right back to target. I told them I didn't have a receipt, which was true. The order they mailed me was just two games and an amiibo flung into a box without any protection or documentation whatsoever.

I just returned my extra copy of Link's Awakening right back to target. I told them I didn't have a receipt, which was true. The order they mailed me was just two games and an amiibo flung into a box without any protection or documentation whatsoever.
You know what you did was illegal. At least own up to what you did.

Your email confirmation is the receipt.

This is return fraud. If you have done this at all in the past 12 months and do it again for this game, you are going to possibly get in trouble. Don't do it.
Is it? I thought Target's return policy allowed us to make an exchange without receipt for the current selling price of Links Awakening, which is $60.

And there are these pesky things called laws..
knowingly deceiving a business is different from an actual return/exchange of a present your grandmother bought you.

Oh boy. The thread has devolved into the law brigade. It's always funny when that happens on a forum. Have any of you read the statutes? If so, ignore me, but I'd be willing to bet the answer is no (I know it is for me). Laws also change with time, are different in different places, and are not always just. I'm just saying that the absolute moral high-horsing that always accompanies these conversations is silly. Anyway, carry on, defenders of justice. 

While everyone waste time in the streets waving their signs, I'm at Target committing return fraud. I'm doing my part, what are you doing for change? #bringbackwokeness

Always happens: once a deal is over, the people that missed out (by own volition or not) reprimand others for sharing their success stories.

Always happens: once a deal is over, the people that missed out (by own volition or not) reprimand others for sharing their success stories.
I can't exactly condone blatant admissions of return fraud as 'success stories.' That being said, some of the other posts certainly fall into this loose categorization.

I tried to swap 2 copies of the 3 they sent me for other games. They told me I can only get 29.98 for each game cuz of how their system works. Guess I'll be selling 2 copies

Nah, has everything to do with doing a no receipt refund because it nets you more money back.

I tried to swap 2 copies of the 3 they sent me for other games. They told me I can only get 29.98 for each game cuz of how their system works. Guess I'll be selling 2 copies
This is why people are returning them without the receipt, even going as far as going to Walmart to get $60 back.

Nah, has everything to do with doing a no receipt refund because it nets you more money back.

This is why people are returning them without the receipt, even going as far as going to Walmart to get $60 back.
This is why people are returning them without the receipt, even going as far as going to Walmart to get $49.94 back.

This thread deserves to be placed in the CAG hall of fame. After this, I'm finding it hard to even look at other threads - this one has forever altered my interpretation of what the term "deal" even means.

Welcome to what CAG used to be.
Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. It is I, CAGs chronicler, who alone can tell thee of this saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

Welcome to what CAG used to be.
Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. It is I, CAGs chronicler, who alone can tell thee of this saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!
While my account shows about 6 years shy of your time here, I probably found CAG around the same time of your 'era of adventure.' Healthy, robust discussion is truly wonderful - however, this does not include promotion of illegal activities. Sadly, many of the CAG users have slipped somewhat toward the SD end of the spectrum.

Not sure how many are actually playing Z:LA but just finished it. Game is a must buy and one of my top games of the year (which isn't really saying much). Its issues with FPS drops and poor transitions during heavy scenes doesn't hinder it from being a great game. 

For $30, I'd say it's well worth the money.

In the old days, we stirred up enough trouble to have Circuit City sue the site 😜 or at least threaten legal action. Let’s make CAG great again 😎

I miss the days when that mentally unstable Twitter guy would fight off the cops to get us the BestBuy sales early

So after all the dust has settled from this deal, the $10 gift card, etc, I ended up getting Zelda, Mario Maker, and Dragon Quest for an even $100 after tax. Not bad at all I'd say. DQ, which I wasn't even aware of before this deal, has turned out to be my favorite by far. I feel like this is the type of game I've been wanting for years but basically gave up on looking for.

In the old days, we stirred up enough trouble to have Circuit City sue the site 😜 or at least threaten legal action. Let’s make CAG great again 😎
Ah the good old days.

And we did talk about returning things to other locations for credit. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if we and SD helped create the scanning of a drivers license to track that 😀

So I 100% Zelda: LA (on Normal). Got all the heartpieces, every item, all seashells, all powerups, completed all Dampe's challenges, etc. etc. Fun while it lasted but now I have nothing I want to play  :headache:. Maybe I'll get Luigi's Mansion 3 when it comes out though might wait for Black Friday on that one.

This deal brings a tear to my eye as well. Been on CAG since 2007, and recall all the amazing opportunities to return products to stores which effectively made getting things for free. Good 'ol days for sure.

These days it's a challenge to return an unopened 2-litre of Sprite two minutes after checkout because you mistakenly bought full-test instead of diet.

I successfully exchanged my 2nd copy of LA for DQXI.

Unfortunately the U.N. considers return fraud a crime against humanity and I am now an international criminal. I cant step foot in seven countries without my immediate arrest.

This deal brings a tear to my eye as well. Been on CAG since 2007, and recall all the amazing opportunities to return products to stores which effectively made getting things for free. Good 'ol days for sure.
These days it's a challenge to return an unopened 2-litre of Sprite two minutes after checkout because you mistakenly bought full-test instead of diet.
Probably due to all that return fraud done before... Just a guess though.

I don't think most care that anyone does it but eventually doing those things makes things worst for us all. Just like when Walmart and Target stopped doing trade ins or when Walmart stopped doing PMs as loosely as they did. It hurts us all in the end.

Found out about this deal yesterday on this site and went into Target yesterday and showed them a photo of the ad and to my shock they price-matched the deal.  Walked out with 2 copies of Links Awakening.  Not really interested in this game so I will just trade straight up on my local Offer Up/ Facebook Marketplace for the titles that I really want.

Found out about this deal yesterday on this site and went into Target yesterday and showed them a photo of the ad and to my shock they price-matched the deal. Walked out with 2 copies of Links Awakening. Not really interested in this game so I will just trade straight up on my local Offer Up/ Facebook Marketplace for the titles that I really want.
I'm surprised they let you do it. Good luck selling locally. I was able to sell off two copies, and I returned the last copy to Target for Dragon Quest XI Definitive Edition.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I've determined that I don't like this thread and I don't like any of you. I am going to best buy today to spend $65 on this damn game :shock:

bread's done
Back