Target: Switch Zelda: Link's Awakening Buy 1 Get 1 Free + $10 giftcard

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Saw this at Slickdeals. Apparently Target sent an email to their customers about this Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Zelda Link's Awakening or any Switch games plus you get a $10 giftcard as well so check your email if you got one.

In-store only.

Note: Reports on slickdeals you can also do this too with an online chat rep.

8411059.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get another order, but no luck so far. The reps I've talked to all seem to know what's going on now. If anyone wants to try in-store, here's a pic of one of my reps telling me that the b1g1 is an in-store promotion:

https://imgur.com/a/3zWVcGF

I'd try it myself, but there's no targets around here. :(

I think this well has dried up. I tried a few more times tonight but the reps have been denying me. I thought I might sneak one more through but the rep said I needed to buy links awakening digital to be part of the erroneous promo. 

I think this well has dried up. I tried a few more times tonight but the reps have been denying me. I thought I might sneak one more through but the rep said I needed to buy links awakening digital to be part of the erroneous promo.
The amount of SD slaining this deal people placing 2,3,or 4 orders.
What is the world coming to lol?

Anyone know if best buy will get luigi with steelbook? Kinda like with pokemon?

Target is going to take a bath on this one. I don't blame people for placing multiple orders, this type of glitch/deal will probably never be duplicated. Getting AAA Nintendo titles for $30 is probably going to be better than any black Friday deal.

Target is going to take a bath on this one. I don't blame people for placing multiple orders, this type of glitch/deal will probably never be duplicated. Getting AAA Nintendo titles for $30 is probably going to be better than any black Friday deal.
True. Suprise they cant just view and notice that the same person ordered.
Sad to see deals ending with no toys r us, sears, etc. Even target been thin pickings.

The best part is a B1G1 in store only deal specifically focused on Zelda somehow turning into fully online interactions to obtain two non-Zelda games, digital games, unreleased pre-order games, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if people around here somehow ended up with Xbox games and Genesis minis out of this. Absolutely hilarious.

Imagine being the guy who came up with the idea of how to offload these extra Zelda pins.

I can't believe this still works! Transcript below:

Bruss: Hi! My name is Bruss. How can I help you today?
Me: Hello, I received an email saying that I could get a B1G1 free promotion on Switch games. However, when I try to checkout, I'm not seeing any way to enable the offer.
Bruss: Let me check the cart details and help you however I can.
Bruss: Can you provide me with your cart number?
Me: ##########
Bruss: Thank you.
Bruss: The Buy 1 Get 1 promotion is eligible only for in-store purchases. Additionly, the promotion is limited to the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, which is currently sold out.
Me: Would I be able to substitute with other items?
Bruss: Let me check with my supervisor. One moment please.
Me: Sure thing.
Bruss: Thank you for your patience. I have confirmed that substitutions will indeed be fine.
Me: Perfect. I've added the items to my cart and checked out.
Bruss: One moment please.
Bruss: I see that you've purchased a Barbeque and Graco baby stroller.
Me: Correct.
Bruss: Perfect. I have applied a 50% refund. The new order total is $227.40. You should see a $227.40 credit on your credit card within 7-14 business days.
Me: What about my free Zelda pins?
Bruss: You can pick them up in store, along with your $10 gift card.
Me: Thank you.
Bruss: My pleasure. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: Yes. I'm not really into video games. Are there any you can recommend?
Bruss: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Nintendo Switch seems popular.
Me: Great, I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks again.
Bruss: You're most welcome.
Bruss: Thanks for visiting Target.com and particating in the Zelda deal. I hope you'll visit us again soon!
Me: If there are any more Nintendo deals coming up, I most certainly will. I could use some new bedroom furniture.
Bruss:

I wonder if I could exchange my second copy of Link's Awakening for Astral Chain. They wouldn't let me make the order without LA in the cart.

I wonder if I could exchange my second copy of Link's Awakening for Astral Chain. They wouldn't let me make the order without LA in the cart.
You will be able to exchange the game in store after pick up.

Was able to exchange FE for DQ Builders 2 after pick up yesterday.

This deal was/is fantastic. I was able to do three orders with two separate reps. First order Link's Awakening and Kirby Star Allies. Second Link's Awakening and Daemon X Machina. Last order was Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion. I received my $10 gift, and I was able to sell off one copy of Link's Awakening for $50. I just need to sell off the other two copies, and I'm all set. I would keep one, but I have the European Collector's Edition coming soon.

So I went yesterday to pick up my games and I noticed that there were around 15 copies of Link's Awakening in store lol. Now was I supposed to get the gift card in store? I didn't get one, and I'm not sure if I can get back to the store to pick it up.

Edit- Ok so I suppose to get it in my email. Now don't know if you guys noticed this, but yesterday I was charged $65.14, but I just checked now and it went up to $68.57...

I see why. Nintendo games never go on sale. Very few sales worthwhile on anything these days so seeing people jump at this isn't a shock.

I'm happy to get the $10 from walmart.

Has anyone even gotten their refunded amounts applied back to their cards yet? Between my credit card account activity and Target transaction confirmation emails, I've seen so many different dollar amounts I don't know wth is going on and an just hoping when all is said and done they magically net out to the right amount paid. Target math makes no sense to me.

I'm saving screenshots of all these amounts and basically mentally preparing for a pricing battle later in the week. I can't say I have a lot of confidence in the financial accounting skills of a company that just accidentally turned a 25 cent pin promotion into a national $60 game giveaway.

I'm saving screenshots of all these amounts and basically mentally preparing for a pricing battle later in the week. I can't say I have a lot of confidence in the financial accounting skills of a company that just accidentally turned a 25 cent pin promotion into a national $60 game giveaway.
I received emails for the refunds. Usually takes a few days to process returns, as I think the CC will not release the return to your card until it has the funds (and gets some float).

Yep got 20$ gift cards and 1 was 65$ the other was 75$ so overall not too shabby playing through Astral chain now will put it in my trade stack when I finish it then on to Fire emblem .

Dammit, of course I miss out on this fantastic error. Must pay closer attention to the CAG threads, and I will definitely be signing up for notifications on Slickdeals.

Its kinda funny that a $30 game is a "deal" in the Nintendo realm because of how ridiculously long Switch games stay at $40-60. To me, a $15-20 PS4 game is a deal. $30 Switch game not so much, especially when it's a bad port like Assassin's Creed III.

I guess I'll continue to get mileage out of $20 Civilization VI on my Switch until Black Friday.

Was able to do it just now with Link's Awakening (Digital) and Astral Chain. Wanted to do it again with Pokemon Shield and Animal Crossing, but the rep was only able to offer the refund once, no gift card though as I got mine shipped; $61.08 was my total using Red Card.

So I saw the posts questioning the charges so I checked my card and still had the full amount pending. Went back in a few minutes later and the charge dropped in half. Actually maybe a little less than. So hopefully everyone else has the same luck

I received an exact 50% refund on every order. Just make sure the invoice mentions the discount and you should be good.

bread's done
Back