* * * * - 3 votes

The eShop international webshops thread

#61 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1816 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:54 AM

Im trying to make a payment in the Nintendo brasil account eshop. Does anyone know the number for Individual Taxpayer Registration CPF? Its a 11 digit number. Also i need a valid Brazilian address too. Any help will be appreciated.

Check out thebacklash's post up above. I was able to check out using his notes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

#62 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:06 AM

Im trying to make a payment in the Nintendo brasil account eshop. Does anyone know the number for Individual Taxpayer Registration CPF? Its a 11 digit number. Also i need a valid Brazilian address too. Any help will be appreciated.

A few posts up Thebacklash (Sam Fisher) has instructions.

Personally, I used a generator online for the tax number and made up some info for the missing address parts. 

#63 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:22 AM

Updated my post above with info that works for Argentina as well.

#64 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:37 AM

Today’s new 2K collections are now available for purchase. Best price as far as I’ve checked is Argentina, where each collection is ~$44.

Select standalone titles are also available.

#65 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:43 AM

Thanks guys

#66 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:56 PM

Put together a price comparison doc for the known webshops.

Best prices highlighted in green, worst in red. Not factoring in US prices yet, keep that in mind.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I'll add DLC later.

Some trends: 

Brazil and Argentina are your go-to places unless there's price errors elsewhere.

Ni no Kuni is only not available in Brazil.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is not available despite being a Nintendo game.

Nintendo is really screwing over the Colombians.

CD Projekt Red is really fucking over everyone.

#67 Glas   Rhythm Game Maniac CAGiversary!   384 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

PSA: Nintendo fixed their Minecraft Dungeons prices. It was fun while it lasted 

#68 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:33 PM

Whoops, I waited too long and the Brazilian Real went up quite a bit.

PSA: Nintendo fixed their Minecraft Dungeons prices. It was fun while it lasted

Updated the doc to reflect it. Sales at the old price must have picked up considerably in the last few days, because they left that pricing up for a long while.

(in comparison, Return of the Obra Dinn was repriced within days after launching with one too few zeroes)

#69 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

Select Summer Sale discounts are being matched in the webstores, I’ll update in a bit.

#70 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

Sale prices added to the doc in orange.

#71 Kondorito  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Just stumbled into this topic. Helvetica; nice work on the doc!

One tip for the people checking these stores; take into account that redeeming these codes in the US account will give you full price gold coins. So, for example:

Wargroove:

US full price USD 19.99

AR price USD 3.25

Redeeming this AR code in the US account will make the game cost USD 2.25 overall, as you will get one dollar transformed into 100 gold coins.

* Now is currently showing up to 50 gold coins in the US shop because the game is having a 50% off, but this amount does not apply when redeeming codes. 

#72 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:46 PM

Yeah you always get full gold coin amount when redeeming a code, but.. some of the codes we buy from AR/BR don’t give coins at all when redeemed.
I bought Minecraft dungeons when it was $6 for everything, I got the coins for the dlc only which was odd.. other people said the opposite, coins for the game and not the dlc.

I just see the coins as a bonus from those codes but I don’t count on them.

#73 Kondorito  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

Strange. Never bought from BR, but from all my purchases in AR, I always got coins, so I don't know what they take into account when providing them.

#74 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:51 PM

Remember how I said that I always double check the conversion before I buy?
Here’s an example why.... eshop-prices did not convert the currency correctly, and if you knee-jerk bought Diablo 3 you would have paid a lot more than you thought.. (a little difference between 1.99 and 199.00 brazillian real)

Spoiler

#75 Alien Spider   #SQUIRTLESQUAD CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:51 PM

Thank you! You saved me about $10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#76 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   538 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

Just got SkyRacket earlier today for about $2.33 on the Argentina eshop.  Got 50 gold coins when redeeming it to my account.

Bless you/curse you helveticastandard!  :)

#77 Kondorito  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

Guys, how do I go about visiting the MX store? Until now I only used the latin stores to get codes over emails, but I am not able to find a website for Mexico. Is it only by creating/switching to an MX account?

#78 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2812 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:51 PM

Guys, how do I go about visiting the MX store? Until now I only used the latin stores to get codes over emails, but I am not able to find a website for Mexico. Is it only by creating/switching to an MX account?

I switched to MX today and spent about $50 paypal.  Just change the settings on your nintendo.com account.  Was simple and easy.  Games for which I already had dlc and save data are fully compatible.  Other than maybe using some eshop cards I have in the future, I don't really see a reason for me to switch back.

#79 Kondorito  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

I switched to MX today and spent about $50 paypal. Just change the settings on your nintendo.com account. Was simple and easy. Games for which I already had dlc and save data are fully compatible. Other than maybe using some eshop cards I have in the future, I don't really see a reason for me to switch back.

But does the MX store sends you a code? Because I have money in my US account and will not be able to switch regions. I have a second account that I use for the latin stores that send codes via email and then I redeem them in my main one.

#80 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:38 PM

Mexico has a normal eshop.

*only* the areas listed in the OP send codes. Everywhere else has an eshop on the switch and will place any purchases directly onto that account.

#81 Kondorito  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:49 PM

Mexico has a normal eshop.

*only* the areas listed in the OP send codes. Everywhere else has an eshop on the switch and will place any purchases directly onto that account.

Thanks backlash. I did some tests before checking your message. No reason for me to check the MX store then.

#82 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1550 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:31 PM

Helvetica, the doc link in the OP is actually a link to Stardew Valley.  Is there a good doc link somewhere?  Thanks!

#83 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 13 June 2020 - 08:34 PM

Helvetica, the doc link in the OP is actually a link to Stardew Valley. Is there a good doc link somewhere? Thanks!

That’s... incredibly dang weird and stupid. Try this one:
https://docs.google....REhuomqZd0/edit

#84 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:32 PM

minecraft dungeons no longer cheap in AR store, thank you all!

#85 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   739 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:36 PM

minecraft no longer cheap in AR store, thank you all!

Not to say you’re wrong (you are definitely not), but that one in particular spread really far. Was seeing discussion on it in places that usually frown pretty hard on messing with regional pricing. I guess it’s that Minecraft appeal.

#86 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:06 PM

you can check prices in other countries easy with eshop-prices.com and the only places that get these kind of "correction" in prices are mainly south america.

for example: you can check arcade archives games (that get less discounts comparing to others) in the south africa eshop and never get "corrected" prices. some are 30 or 40% cheaper than in us.
some south american countries have even a tax for buying in other currencies sometimes extra 30% over the price in the listing. so that regional prices try to equal the adquisite power of the costumers in different countries.

#87 BorntoPlayGJFF  

BorntoPlayGJFF

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:18 AM

Huntdown is a good game for $3? i can't decide....

#88 Kondorito  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:54 PM

Guys, noob question (and Im pretty sure I know the answer); is there a way to get a code from the MX store? Or get a game from that store but play it with the US account?

There is a game cheaper in the MX store, but I dont want to have another account loaded in my Switch.

#89 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2812 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

Guys, noob question (and Im pretty sure I know the answer); is there a way to get a code from the MX store? Or get a game from that store but play it with the US account?

There is a game cheaper in the MX store, but I dont want to have another account loaded in my Switch.

What I did was spend all of my eshop balance on titles lowest in the US, then switch to MX.  As far as I know there's no other way, and no way to get a code from the MX eshop.

#90 Kondorito  

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

What I did was spend all of my eshop balance on titles lowest in the US, then switch to MX. As far as I know there's no other way, and no way to get a code from the MX eshop.

I see, but now that you have an active MX account, are you able to play the games you purchased on the US eshop with that same profile?