- - - - -

Final Fantasy Remake - Double 10 Dollar Rewards for Preorder?

#31 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:04 PM

My bro preordered on my account 4/1 - shipped
Me preordered on 3/2 - delayed

#32 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

My standard edition is delayed also.

Their shipping seems very haphazard lately.  I ordered my standard edition on Feb. 2 of this year and it shipped yesterday.  Yet I have seen other who ordered before me - some as much as a year before me - who are getting delayed messages.  I am happy to get mine tomorrow, but I would be pissed if I was in the other person's shoes.  What's the point of preordering early if it does not guarantee you getting the game before the people who wait?

#33 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:45 PM

Their shipping seems very haphazard lately.  I ordered my standard edition on Feb. 2 of this year and it shipped yesterday.  Yet I have seen other who ordered before me - some as much as a year before me - who are getting delayed messages.  I am happy to get mine tomorrow, but I would be pissed if I was in the other person's shoes.  What's the point of preordering early if it does not guarantee you getting the game before the people who wait?

I have a feeling that these inventory issues may be (partially) tied to regional distribution.  As far as I can tell, shipping options for all editions were pulled days (week+?) ago, leaving only regional allocated stock. 

Here in the Midwest, my local store still had the Deluxe Edition available for preorder as of sometime yesterday, while the other regions of the country appeared to be completely sold out (and had been for several days).  Even physical copies of the Regular Edition look to be sparse on the coasts (and abundant here). 

#34 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5143 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:56 PM

Do we have any other confirmation that this will be available to pick up at stores later today other than the one forum post?

#35 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:44 PM

Do we have any other confirmation that this will be available to pick up at stores later today other than the one forum post?

I called my local store at opening (10 am) today and was told that the GM was not aware of any modified plans.  They did acknowledge that such communications still come in throughout the day, and that it is still certainly possible. 

My enthusiasm for being able to pick this up this afternoon is decreasing with every keystroke...

#36 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:50 PM

Just got off the phone with the one I'm set to pick up mine at, they're set to release it at 3pm today.  So keep an eye on the status of your order around then.

Employee didn't know at first, but asked the manager and found out stores were notified overnight to release the pre-orders then.

#37 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:08 PM

Only a single 500 point reward for my deluxe order, which I placed 5 days ago and shipped already.

#38 eternalblue81   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

eternalblue81

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:20 PM

They just shipped regular edition order. I figured they would have fixed whatever issue they had going with the rewards points since this popped up with orders shipped yesterday, but checked and I suddenly had a $20 rewards certificate.

Went ahead and used it right away on a few games I'd been on the fence about.

#39 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:11 PM

Just called their customer support number to make sure.  Their site may not update saying ready for pickup for early release.   Which was told to call the store set for pickup after 3pm and see if they'll release your pre-order early.   Be sure to have order number just in case they ask for it.

#40 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5143 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:35 PM

Just called their customer support number to make sure. Their site may not update saying ready for pickup for early release. Which was told to call the store set for pickup after 3pm and see if they'll release your pre-order early. Be sure to have order number just in case they ask for it.

I got confirmation from my local store that they got the same memo about being able to sell it starting at 3 today. Hopefully the website pickup system will cooperate.

#41 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:37 PM

I had a thought.  I ordered the deluxe version from Best Bay way back when it was announced.  Then Amazon had a coupon that lowered the cost of the deluxe edition down to 59.99 or something - just know it was lower than the Best Buy order - even with Gamer's Club.  So, I cancelled that order and did not have any preorders for Final Fantasy VIIR until I decided I didn't need deluxe and reordered the regular version on Feb. 2, 2020 before my Gamer's Club expired.  Maybe that confused the system?  Now it was many months, if not a year, between cancelling the old order and creating a new order.  But, that's the only thing I can think of, unless it is just a random occurrence.

#42 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:45 PM

My order on RE3 shipped. They accepted the $29.99 OOP, the $10 GC, and the $20 rewards certificate. My points total is still unchanged.

#43 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:27 PM

Just got confirmation from my store that they are doing the pickups at 3pm local time.  Now I just have to kill 20 minutes before getting in the car.  :beer:

#44 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 April 2020 - 07:34 PM

Then Amazon had a coupon that lowered the cost of the deluxe edition down to 59.99 or something.

It was $55.99 for deluxe. Amazon keeps sending me the emails about how they are delaying my order... so I have looked at the order details a few times this week. as of now I should get mine next Tuesday.

I’ll get the email tonight or this weekend that they are delaying it again..

#45 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:09 PM

Just got back from picking it up.   Employee said the site's not working correctly right now.   As they sent all the notices saying ready for pickup around 3pm, but the site is not showing it.  

Just call ahead to make sure you can pick your copy up.  As mine didn't get enough copies for the Deluxe Edition and were going by date ordered and fully paid on who gets it.

#46 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5821 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:15 PM

Got $20 worth of rewards. Cancelled my Amazon glitch order as it wouldn’t show up until a week after release.

#47 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:32 PM

I've fleeced Best Buy enough.  Gonna skip this one lol

#48 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:33 PM

Got $20 worth of rewards. Cancelled my Amazon glitch order as it wouldn’t show up until a week after release.

For what it's worth, I just picked up my copy and have not yet received notice of rewards zone certificates available.  It's possible that these may trigger tomorrow, though normally it happens at the point of sale. 

#49 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2041 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:00 PM

I preordered the Deluxe edition months ago with a cert and also got the 1000 points when it shipped. However, I haven't seen anything about the Chocobo Chick DLC that Best Buy's advertising as a preorder bonus. Was that one supposed to be an emailed code, or is it included in the package?

#50 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:07 PM

I preordered the Deluxe edition months ago with a cert and also got the 1000 points when it shipped. However, I haven't seen anything about the Chocobo Chick DLC that Best Buy's advertising as a preorder bonus. Was that one supposed to be an emailed code, or is it included in the package?

Chocobo Chick DLC will be emailed tomorrow.  It should be included right below your FFVIIR Deluxe Edition order, if it's like mine.  The Cactuar Summon is the DLC included in the Deluxe Edition.

#51 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 09 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

just checked my reward points and indeed I got double the amount ($20)

#52 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1516 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:10 PM

Well darn! I received just $10 while everyone else got $20. This, and I had to wait an extra 5 days to get Animal Crossing. They're really messing up all of my orders lately.

#53 dios   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2509 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:13 PM

Just picked up my Deluxe at Best Buy, ended up getting a $20 reward certificate, Score!

#54 Omni99  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:13 PM

For what it's worth, I just picked up my copy and have not yet received notice of rewards zone certificates available.  It's possible that these may trigger tomorrow, though normally it happens at the point of sale. 

I just picked mine up as well, no reward points yet. Edit : Literally as I hit the reply button, my email comes with a 20 dollar reward! Nice.

#55 fredyyy  

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:20 PM

so did you guys receive 1000pts? i don't see it in my history or in pending points? i dont remember what was my initial balance to know if they added the points

#56 reedimer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:09 AM

My store didn't received my FF deluxe bundle, but I got $20 /1000 points for it.  

#57 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:36 AM

I haven't even got the $10 yet.  I can't even go far enough back on my rewards history to find it listed since I ordered it in 2016.

#58 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:42 AM

I haven't even got the $10 yet.  I can't even go far enough back on my rewards history to find it listed since I ordered it in 2016.

Same, was part of a buy 2 1 free promo. Shows up at the top of my rewards page, but they gave me 0 points.

#59 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:59 AM

Mine isn't even showing up at the top of my rewards page.

#60 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3834 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:56 AM

I got $10 from it.  Did pay for it with Best Buy gift cards, so that might have been the reason why.