- - - - -

Bestbuy.com Buy2 select next gen games and get third Free!

#1 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:18 AM

https://www.bestbuy....gen-games-offer

Some titles I saw

PS4

Cyberpunk (includes bonus $10 in rewards)

MK 11 Ultimate

Xbone

Yakuza Like a Dragon

PS5/Xbox X

CoD Cold War

AC Valhalla

DmC 5 Special Edition

MK 11 Ultimate 

#2 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2910 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:23 AM

Do we know what happens with cancelations on this like with target?

#3 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2910 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:26 AM

https://www.bestbuy....gen-games-offer

Some titles I saw

PS4
Yakuza like a Dragon
Cyberpunk (includes bonus $10 in rewards)
MK 11 Ultimate

PS5/Xbone
CoD Cold War
AC Valhalla
DmC 5 Special Edition
MK 11 Ultimate

Think you meant series X not XBone

Also this includes cyberpunk on Xbox. Immortals on both. Control Ultimate on both.

#4 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:35 AM

Yakuza PS4 doesn't show up or work. Only seems to be Xbox.

And for that reason, I'm out

#5 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11570 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:59 AM

This is pretty awesome, was going to get Cyberpunk there anyway for the $10 and the Steelbook. Ended up getting that, MK11, and Immortals.

Would have grabbed Yakuza instead but they didn't have the PS4/5 version on sale for some reason

#6 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:49 AM

Do we know what happens with cancelations on this like with target?

Yah, it’s all or nothing. Cancel one, and it’s like, oh, we’ll charge full price for the formerly free one. 

#7 adam81  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:51 AM

This was a great deal with GCU. I used to buy new release games that I wanted in 3s. Make my money back while selling 2 and keeping 1.

#8 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 07 December 2020 - 08:52 AM

Would probably get on it if target b2g1 cancellation didn’t exist

#9 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:07 PM

I see the $10 preorder bonus says limit 1 per title, do you think that means I'd get it for each title if I did one Cyberpunk for ps4 and one for Xbox? Was thinking of one for me and one for my brother.

#10 shosaisyu   Waster of Monies CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:17 PM

lol the only 2 next gen titles worth owning ( miles morales and demons souls ) are excluded. Funny shit.

( Well, DMC 5 SE was good, but physical copy released a month later than the digital. Yakuza 7 too, and what self-respecting CAG doesn't already have a cyberpunk preorder, especially CE )

#11 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:40 PM

Grabbed cyberpunk, immortals, and the pathless. Thanks!

#12 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:47 PM

Check email for YMMV mystery cert. I got $5.

#13 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1455 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 07 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

So very close to ordering Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and MK11 on PS5 but I'm not too keen on waiting for that next-gen upgrade on Cyberpunk. It would be nice to have a few more PS5 games to play but still not sure I can pull the trigger. Wish this included PC versions.

#14 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 07 December 2020 - 04:34 PM

Definitely would have hopped on this if either Miles Morales or Demon's Souls was on the list. Cyberpunk and PS5 NBA 2k21 I'm there for, but there's no other title I want. And I can wait on NBA 2k21.

Oh well. Thanks OP.

#15 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24094 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 05:03 PM

I picked up 3x copies copies of Cyberpunk since I have no next gen systems. Hopefully I can unload 2 for a decent chunk back. 

#16 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6116 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 05:24 PM

Ordered 2 Cyberpunk copies and a Devil May Cry. Hoping I can price adjust the 2 Cyberpunk copies down to match Walmart on release day.

#17 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 07 December 2020 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this! Picked up Immortals, DMC5, and Cyberpunk. Selling cyberpunk, might sell the other copy of it I preordered too. I kinda want to wait for the PS5 upgrade, and I figure a lot of bugs will be worked out by then too.

#18 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:18 PM

So very close to ordering Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and MK11 on PS5 but I'm not too keen on waiting for that next-gen upgrade on Cyberpunk. It would be nice to have a few more PS5 games to play but still not sure I can pull the trigger. Wish this included PC versions.

Yep, I only ordered a copy for the free steelbook and will return the game. I can wait with plenty of games to get through while they finish the game properly. They kinda dipped into the bad side of the industry with this game, by enforcing review embargoes with takedowns and pushing out a bug-ridden game knowingly. I get that the almost year delay by now has been brutal for fans, but they bit off more than they could chew and made some bad calls on this one.

It's deserving of some of those lower scores on what would normally be an incredibly solid game.

#19 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6116 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:40 PM

What are the odds that I can get two steelbooks on launch day since I'll be picking up 2 copies of Cyberpunk? Obviously the order will set aside one for me, but do you think CSRs will deny me if I ask for another?

#20 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:43 PM

I picked up 3x copies copies of Cyberpunk since I have no next gen systems. Hopefully I can unload 2 for a decent chunk back. 

Counting on getting a price adjustment as well.

#21 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

Yep, I only ordered a copy for the free steelbook and will return the game. I can wait with plenty of games to get through while they finish the game properly. They kinda dipped into the bad side of the industry with this game, by enforcing review embargoes with takedowns and pushing out a bug-ridden game knowingly. I get that the almost year delay by now has been brutal for fans, but they bit off more than they could chew and made some bad calls on this one.

It's deserving of some of those lower scores on what would normally be an incredibly solid game.

Yeah, I read a review in progress today and they said that when it works it’s awesome, but it’s a bug-filled mess right now. Sounds like they should’ve delayed it again. They probably could’ve rolled out a proper next-gen release then too.

#22 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:25 PM

What are the odds that I can get two steelbooks on launch day since I'll be picking up 2 copies of Cyberpunk? Obviously the order will set aside one for me, but do you think CSRs will deny me if I ask for another?

I would show them all 72 approval emails about each copy of the steelbook you never received.

#23 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6857 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 10:32 PM

Cyberpunk re-preordered, Cold War and Valhalla. Still have receipts for the latter 2 and will return them

#24 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:03 PM

This just hit slickdeals. Get what you want now folks!

#25 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3839 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:12 PM

Those stillbook ain;t free, if youy return the ga,me they charge you $20

#26 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5091 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:22 AM

Came to burst your bubble but Xellos beat me to it

Those stillbook ain;t free, if youy return the ga,me they charge you $20

#27 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:54 AM

Um I just got 73 points issued to my account for pre ordering watch dogs legion cmon bestbuy. Where’s my $10 cert

#28 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1905 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:57 AM

I havent gotten mine either.

#29 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 08 December 2020 - 04:09 AM

Does anyone know if you try to price match one of the paid games after the fact if it messes with the discount/free game?

#30 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 08 December 2020 - 04:27 AM

Does anyone know if you try to price match one of the paid games after the fact if it messes with the discount/free game?

As long as they don't process as return-rebuy, it will not. Price adjustment is how their supposed to do it. I've never had any issues. Just make sure the free game is not the one you want to get a price adjustment on.