- - - - -

Bestbuy.com Buy2 select next gen games and get third Free!

#31 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10592 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 04:46 AM

I've got one day left of GCU...but Cyberpunk looks like they only thing I want in the lineup and it's already pre-ordered. Oh well.

#32 MasterSun1   Already Guilty CAGiversary!   1641 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:15 AM

When did Beat Buy stop allowing usage of RZ certificates on girls currency? I tried to use the $5 certificate I just got on eShop digital credit and it doesn’t work anymore.

#33 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:22 AM

As long as they don't process as return-rebuy, it will not. Price adjustment is how their supposed to do it. I've never had any issues. Just make sure the free game is not the one you want to get a price adjustment on.

Thanks!

#34 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15257 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:36 AM

lol the only 2 next gen titles worth owning ( miles morales and demons souls ) are excluded. Funny shit.

( Well, DMC 5 SE was good, but physical copy released a month later than the digital. Yakuza 7 too, and what self-respecting CAG doesn't already have a cyberpunk preorder, especially CE )

Me. I've probably been on these forums for longer than you've been alive, you hype train-riding weeb. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and since I'm not someone who buys games to resell them hoping for a profit like ten thousand other nerds, I'm pretty sure I can wait until Black Friday in July when the game is cheaper.

Sadly, Cyberpunk is the only game that wasn't already released on last gen. But y'all chumps in this thread still buy these rereleases, even when I'm sure you bought, played, and traded in the old versions.

#35 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6104 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:41 AM

Me. I've probably been on these forums for longer than you've been alive, you hype train-riding weeb. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and since I'm not someone who buys games to resell them hoping for a profit like ten thousand other nerds, I'm pretty sure I can wait until Black Friday in July when the game is cheaper.

Sadly, Cyberpunk is the only game that wasn't already released on last gen. But y'all chumps in this thread still buy these rereleases, even when I'm sure you bought, played, and traded in the old versions.

Got bored playing your $80k worth of Steam games and decided to post in the thread, eh Blade.

#36 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 06:48 AM

Picked up some titles for Xbox: Cyberpunk + $10 cert (will sit on it until the Next-gen update), Dirt 5 (again will wait for the patch that brings it up to par with PS5) and Warhammer Chaosbane + $10 GC (want to get to it before Diablo 4). Might not have bothered if not for the cert/GC and steelbook bonuses.

#37 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 07:41 AM

I've got one day left of GCU...but Cyberpunk looks like they only thing I want in the lineup and it's already pre-ordered. Oh well.

Check your inbox !

#38 zaxxon2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

zaxxon2000

Posted 08 December 2020 - 04:13 PM

Just price matched Call of Duty and Immortals to Walmart at $59.94 and $49.94 each. Cyber 2077 is free and qualifies for $10 rewards. Not bad. PS5 versions. I ordered and then called for the price match. Steel book is still available on pre order.

#39 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5369 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 09:43 PM

I preordered Cyberpunk literally a year ago today, but I used my 25% GCU goodbye coupon and my GCU discount as well before it expired. So I didn’t want to cancel and rebuy for this deal. So I chatted with customer service and they honored the deal by placing an order for me for two other included games, making one free. I went to pick them up today and they said Cyberpunk was also ready. So I got to pick that up today as well!67FFEA8F-4E24-491E-960D-1222570CE5D6.jpeg

#40 Nealocus123   That's Vagtastic! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Nealocus123

Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:49 PM

Grabbed Immortals, Cyberpunk, and Assassin's Creed. Thank you OP.

#41 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6857 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:40 PM

Showed up to pickup my two to return and they gave me my cyberpunk, but said I’d have to wait til Thursday for the steel book. Oh well I ain’t complaining lol

#42 Nealocus123   That's Vagtastic! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Nealocus123

Posted 09 December 2020 - 12:26 AM

Just price matched Call of Duty and Immortals to Walmart at $59.94 and $49.94 each. Cyber 2077 is free and qualifies for $10 rewards. Not bad. PS5 versions. I ordered and then called for the price match. Steel book is still available on pre order.

Didn't know you could call for a PM, do you have that # off hand? Anything special I should say?

#43 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 09 December 2020 - 01:39 AM

I know Ubisoft games drop in price fairly quick, but I don't have any ps5 games yet, so I got Immortals, AC Valhalla, and Cyberpunk. Had a couple $5 reward certs, and $5 from that email mystery savings they sent out, plus the $10 off for preordering Cyberpunk. Pretty happy to get 3 games I really want to play on the PS5 for a little over $30 each when all is said and done. Fairly decent deal for folks who want to play several games on the list soon. I'll be interested to see if PS5 games drop in price over time to the same extent that PS4 games have dropped. I've gotten used to paying no more than $19.99 for the majority of PS4 games I buy.

#44 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:29 AM

Those stillbook ain;t free, if youy return the ga,me they charge you $20

Oh you sweet summer child. ;)

#45 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:35 AM

Showed up to pickup my two to return and they gave me my cyberpunk, but said I’d have to wait til Thursday for the steel book. Oh well I ain’t complaining lol

They sent out some emails this morning about a release date change to yesterday, then delayed my order saying it wasn't ready. . .

Not that I care about that, but I opted out of Best Buy spam and JFC if Cyberpunk hasn't been at least 25 fucking emails in the last week. Just release the damn thing already so I can stop hearing about it. :bomb:

#46 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2020 - 06:42 AM

Honestly sad to see this come up so late. I was gonna order Cyberpunk by itself tomorrow so I could still qualify for the extra $10 but clearly I won't be able to do that anymore

#47 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:06 AM

I just tried to Price match my Cyberpunk order via chat support and phone call also but it was a no go. Both agents said they aren't able to price match it as Amazon says the item is a pre-order price not yet released! 

#48 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24061 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2020 - 03:51 AM

My Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to arrive tomorrow... but hasn't even been picked up by FedEx yet. And it's out in California. 

#49 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6104 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:01 AM

I just tried to Price match my Cyberpunk order via chat support and phone call also but it was a no go. Both agents said they aren't able to price match it as Amazon says the item is a pre-order price not yet released!

Have to wait until tomorrow, but you should be able to get the adjustment then. Might want to wait and order rather than retroactively adjust it, since they might say it’s part of a bundle ... but who knows.

#50 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:53 AM

Have to wait until tomorrow, but you should be able to get the adjustment then. Might want to wait and order rather than retroactively adjust it, since they might say it’s part of a bundle ... but who knows.

Ran into the same issue. Cancelled the order and re-order, making sure Cyberpunk was $0 and Assassin's creed and Immortals was 59.99. I then had success getting chat to price match both games to Walmart.com.

#51 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:13 AM

Best Buy decided to ship my games via OnTrac, there's no way I'm getting them on time. They are the worst. Cyberpunk has already changed to be expected 12/11, I'm guessing they won't come until next week. They are notorious for just marking it delivered and then delivering like 1-2 weeks later

#52 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:57 AM

I live in Ohio and my Cyberpunk shipped from California... shows expected delivery Wednesday next week. I understand the world we live in, but there was no closer option than California?

#53 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   793 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 10 December 2020 - 07:23 AM

I was gonna wait for the os5 disc version of cyberpunk. But Warhammer chaos bane looks awesome im just not sure for a 3rd game, the pathless, or wrc maybe?

#54 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   840 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 10 December 2020 - 01:01 PM

Wondering if anyone can relate to this experience, or if Tyrok might be able to explain what is so difficult here...

So, I got the Ori Switch releases with the B1G150% deal, and chose store pickup. The sequel was ready the night before release, while the first game never updated.

I check inventory online before driving over, and every store in town but my pickup location has the game available. Very odd.

I get there, go to the gaming section, and spot the game in a lockup cage in the department. Tell an associate, who walks it up front to the guy doing pickup orders.

So, the picker can't get it to scan out for the reason I already gave the initial associate, given that I work in retail management myself and it isn't hard to deduce - the game has not been received into their inventory yet.

I'm given the option of canceling the order and re-ringing, which I don't really feel like taking the time to do because of the promo and the two rewards certs I used - it's just less of a hassle for both parties, I figure, so I'm polite and agree to come back later; I'm told to give them a few hours, and come back when I get my email that it's ready.

That was Tuesday. No update whatsoever on Wednesday. I try online chat, as calling the store was fruitless (on hold for half an hour before hanging up) to explain what's going on, and they say that they don't have any copies and that they could cancel my order if I wish. I just told then no thanks, I'll try back today.

What I don't get, is how hard is it to just go grab the batch of Ori, and get whatever computer or scanner is needed, and receive them so they show up in physical inventory and thus my order can be completed? I could change the pickup location, sure, but this is the closest store, and they already have the other title pulled and being held.

At this point I've wasted a trip to the store and roughly 20 minutes of waiting just to be told it's easier if I come back, which wasn't so bad. Then, half an hour on hold with no answer, and half an hour wasted chatting with an online rep, and now nearly 48 hours since my initial visit to the store with no update.

I know it's a crazy year, a crazy time of of year, and it's just two relatively inexpensive games...but what am I missing? If anything, the associates in store were probably shocked at how calm, cool and polite I was about it all - like I said, I work in retail so I get it. Just seems a little ridiculous...just receive the product, and it's done.

#55 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:48 PM

I was able to price match Cyberpunk 2077 and Immortals to get those for $49.94. Ended up getting Cyberpunk, Immortals, and The Pathless for about $100. Pretty good deal at $33 a pop and got the $10 bonus for Cyberpunk and steelbook. 

#56 IAMSAM34  

Posted 10 December 2020 - 08:08 PM

I was able to price match Cyberpunk 2077 and Immortals to get those for $49.94. Ended up getting Cyberpunk, Immortals, and The Pathless for about $100. Pretty good deal at $33 a pop and got the $10 bonus for Cyberpunk and steelbook.

Instore or online?

#57 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 December 2020 - 08:16 PM

Instore or online?

Online. I ordered a few days ago to lock in the pre order of cyberpunk, just used the chat feature on the website to price match Amazon. Very easy process.

#58 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:14 PM

I love how these employees put stickers all over the steel books when you do store pickup. So annoying.

#59 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16826 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:16 PM

I love how these employees put stickers all over the steel books when you do store pickup. So annoying.

It’s even worse when they put it on a paper case for collectors editions. Echoes of Valentia comes to mind.

#60 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24061 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:21 PM

It’s even worse when they put it on a paper case for collectors editions. Echoes of Valentia comes to mind.

They did it to my Cyberpunk CE- they put on one and took off and got a nice rip on it. And then they put on another one somewhere else.