Bestbuy.com Buy2 select next gen games and get third Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty awesome, was going to get Cyberpunk there anyway for the $10 and the Steelbook. Ended up getting that, MK11, and Immortals.

Would have grabbed Yakuza instead but they didn't have the PS4/5 version on sale for some reason

This was a great deal with GCU. I used to buy new release games that I wanted in 3s. Make my money back while selling 2 and keeping 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the $10 preorder bonus says limit 1 per title, do you think that means I'd get it for each title if I did one Cyberpunk for ps4 and one for Xbox? Was thinking of one for me and one for my brother.

lol the only 2 next gen titles worth owning ( miles morales and demons souls ) are excluded. Funny shit.

( Well, DMC 5 SE was good, but physical copy released a month later than the digital. Yakuza 7 too, and what self-respecting CAG doesn't already have a cyberpunk preorder, especially CE )

So very close to ordering Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and MK11 on PS5 but I'm not too keen on waiting for that next-gen upgrade on Cyberpunk. It would be nice to have a few more PS5 games to play but still not sure I can pull the trigger. Wish this included PC versions.

Definitely would have hopped on this if either Miles Morales or Demon's Souls was on the list. Cyberpunk and PS5 NBA 2k21 I'm there for, but there's no other title I want. And I can wait on NBA 2k21.

Oh well. Thanks OP.

I picked up 3x copies copies of Cyberpunk since I have no next gen systems. Hopefully I can unload 2 for a decent chunk back. 

Ordered 2 Cyberpunk copies and a Devil May Cry. Hoping I can price adjust the 2 Cyberpunk copies down to match Walmart on release day.

Thanks for the heads up on this! Picked up Immortals, DMC5, and Cyberpunk. Selling cyberpunk, might sell the other copy of it I preordered too. I kinda want to wait for the PS5 upgrade, and I figure a lot of bugs will be worked out by then too.

So very close to ordering Cyberpunk, Valhalla, and MK11 on PS5 but I'm not too keen on waiting for that next-gen upgrade on Cyberpunk. It would be nice to have a few more PS5 games to play but still not sure I can pull the trigger. Wish this included PC versions.
Yep, I only ordered a copy for the free steelbook and will return the game. I can wait with plenty of games to get through while they finish the game properly. They kinda dipped into the bad side of the industry with this game, by enforcing review embargoes with takedowns and pushing out a bug-ridden game knowingly. I get that the almost year delay by now has been brutal for fans, but they bit off more than they could chew and made some bad calls on this one.

It's deserving of some of those lower scores on what would normally be an incredibly solid game.

What are the odds that I can get two steelbooks on launch day since I'll be picking up 2 copies of Cyberpunk? Obviously the order will set aside one for me, but do you think CSRs will deny me if I ask for another?

Yep, I only ordered a copy for the free steelbook and will return the game. I can wait with plenty of games to get through while they finish the game properly. They kinda dipped into the bad side of the industry with this game, by enforcing review embargoes with takedowns and pushing out a bug-ridden game knowingly. I get that the almost year delay by now has been brutal for fans, but they bit off more than they could chew and made some bad calls on this one.

It's deserving of some of those lower scores on what would normally be an incredibly solid game.
Yeah, I read a review in progress today and they said that when it works it’s awesome, but it’s a bug-filled mess right now. Sounds like they should’ve delayed it again. They probably could’ve rolled out a proper next-gen release then too.

What are the odds that I can get two steelbooks on launch day since I'll be picking up 2 copies of Cyberpunk? Obviously the order will set aside one for me, but do you think CSRs will deny me if I ask for another?
I would show them all 72 approval emails about each copy of the steelbook you never received.

Those stillbook ain;t free, if youy return the ga,me they charge you $20

Came to burst your bubble but Xellos beat me to it

Those stillbook ain;t free, if youy return the ga,me they charge you $20

Does anyone know if you try to price match one of the paid games after the fact if it messes with the discount/free game?
As long as they don't process as return-rebuy, it will not. Price adjustment is how their supposed to do it. I've never had any issues. Just make sure the free game is not the one you want to get a price adjustment on.

I've got one day left of GCU...but Cyberpunk looks like they only thing I want in the lineup and it's already pre-ordered. Oh well.

When did Beat Buy stop allowing usage of RZ certificates on girls currency? I tried to use the $5 certificate I just got on eShop digital credit and it doesn’t work anymore.

lol the only 2 next gen titles worth owning ( miles morales and demons souls ) are excluded. Funny shit.

( Well, DMC 5 SE was good, but physical copy released a month later than the digital. Yakuza 7 too, and what self-respecting CAG doesn't already have a cyberpunk preorder, especially CE )
Me. I've probably been on these forums for longer than you've been alive, you hype train-riding weeb. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and since I'm not someone who buys games to resell them hoping for a profit like ten thousand other nerds, I'm pretty sure I can wait until Black Friday in July when the game is cheaper.

Sadly, Cyberpunk is the only game that wasn't already released on last gen. But y'all chumps in this thread still buy these rereleases, even when I'm sure you bought, played, and traded in the old versions.

Me. I've probably been on these forums for longer than you've been alive, you hype train-riding weeb. This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and since I'm not someone who buys games to resell them hoping for a profit like ten thousand other nerds, I'm pretty sure I can wait until Black Friday in July when the game is cheaper.

Sadly, Cyberpunk is the only game that wasn't already released on last gen. But y'all chumps in this thread still buy these rereleases, even when I'm sure you bought, played, and traded in the old versions.
Got bored playing your $80k worth of Steam games and decided to post in the thread, eh Blade.

Picked up some titles for Xbox: Cyberpunk + $10 cert (will sit on it until the Next-gen update), Dirt 5 (again will wait for the patch that brings it up to par with PS5) and Warhammer Chaosbane + $10 GC (want to get to it before Diablo 4). Might not have bothered if not for the cert/GC and steelbook bonuses.

Just price matched Call of Duty and Immortals to Walmart at $59.94 and $49.94 each. Cyber 2077 is free and qualifies for $10 rewards. Not bad. PS5 versions. I ordered and then called for the price match. Steel book is still available on pre order.

I preordered Cyberpunk literally a year ago today, but I used my 25% GCU goodbye coupon and my GCU discount as well before it expired. So I didn’t want to cancel and rebuy for this deal. So I chatted with customer service and they honored the deal by placing an order for me for two other included games, making one free. I went to pick them up today and they said Cyberpunk was also ready. So I got to pick that up today as well![attachment=35050:67FFEA8F-4E24-491E-960D-1222570CE5D6.jpeg]

Showed up to pickup my two to return and they gave me my cyberpunk, but said I’d have to wait til Thursday for the steel book. Oh well I ain’t complaining lol

Just price matched Call of Duty and Immortals to Walmart at $59.94 and $49.94 each. Cyber 2077 is free and qualifies for $10 rewards. Not bad. PS5 versions. I ordered and then called for the price match. Steel book is still available on pre order.
Didn't know you could call for a PM, do you have that # off hand? Anything special I should say?

I know Ubisoft games drop in price fairly quick, but I don't have any ps5 games yet, so I got Immortals, AC Valhalla, and Cyberpunk. Had a couple $5 reward certs, and $5 from that email mystery savings they sent out, plus the $10 off for preordering Cyberpunk. Pretty happy to get 3 games I really want to play on the PS5 for a little over $30 each when all is said and done. Fairly decent deal for folks who want to play several games on the list soon. I'll be interested to see if PS5 games drop in price over time to the same extent that PS4 games have dropped. I've gotten used to paying no more than $19.99 for the majority of PS4 games I buy.

Showed up to pickup my two to return and they gave me my cyberpunk, but said I’d have to wait til Thursday for the steel book. Oh well I ain’t complaining lol
They sent out some emails this morning about a release date change to yesterday, then delayed my order saying it wasn't ready. . .

Not that I care about that, but I opted out of Best Buy spam and JFC if Cyberpunk hasn't been at least 25 fucking emails in the last week. Just release the damn thing already so I can stop hearing about it. :bomb:

Honestly sad to see this come up so late. I was gonna order Cyberpunk by itself tomorrow so I could still qualify for the extra $10 but clearly I won't be able to do that anymore

I just tried to Price match my Cyberpunk order via chat support and phone call also but it was a no go. Both agents said they aren't able to price match it as Amazon says the item is a pre-order price not yet released! 

My Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to arrive tomorrow... but hasn't even been picked up by FedEx yet. And it's out in California. 

I just tried to Price match my Cyberpunk order via chat support and phone call also but it was a no go. Both agents said they aren't able to price match it as Amazon says the item is a pre-order price not yet released!
Have to wait until tomorrow, but you should be able to get the adjustment then. Might want to wait and order rather than retroactively adjust it, since they might say it’s part of a bundle ... but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back