* * * - - 5 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

#31 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11834 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:03 AM

A new thread just in time for me to hunt for deals on my new Switch!

#32 Rerujnoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Rerujnoc

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:27 AM

Talked to the Nintendo rep at my store today and she hadn't been told anything about the so called "Super Mario 3D All-Stars recall" at the end of the month. Never heard them do anything like it in the 30 years of working for them.

I am curious about this myself. I think they are just stopping retailers from getting more stock/not making anymore. It doesn’t make financial sense to recall everything.

#33 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4512 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:31 AM

what would they even do with all the inventory if they were to recall the game? call up atari so they can bury it with ET?

#34 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4417 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:15 AM

I doubt there would be a formal recall of the game - all copies would just go on a sendback to the publisher on a certain date.

#35 Kondorito  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:32 PM

There will be no physical recall; they will be just removing the games from the eshop (*) and cease to produce 3D All Stars physical. I guess from April 1st and on, the physical version of the game will start to increase it's price considerably as a rare limited version.

(*) If you have already bought the game, you will be able to still play it. Even if you delete it, you will still be able to re-download it.

#36 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2273 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:07 PM

Great idea for a new thread. Thanks, guys!

#37 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:54 PM

Not sure why people are thinking they are going to recall thousands of copies of the game that are out at retailers. They are just going to stop producing new copies. It's no different than most games that companies do one printing of.

#38 toska  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:06 PM

i dont think the price will go up much, maybe down the line
feel like theres too many copies floating around

#39 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3946 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:21 PM

Not sure why people are thinking they are going to recall thousands of copies of the game that are out at retailers. They are just going to stop producing new copies. It's no different than most games that companies do one printing of.

Because the wording is that is exactly what they are planning to do.   It makes no sense for them to do it, unless this is something they want to try and do for future releases and these items are our "example".  So when the zelda 35th stuff comes up and it's limited ... we'll feel a little more pressure to go grab copies (though after mario, I'll wait for Walmart to stock the game(s) and save my $10+tax).

#40 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2921 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:09 PM

Because the wording is that is exactly what they are planning to do. It makes no sense for them to do it, unless this is something they want to try and do for future releases and these items are our "example". So when the zelda 35th stuff comes up and it's limited ... we'll feel a little more pressure to go grab copies (though after mario, I'll wait for Walmart to stock the game(s) and save my $10+tax).

I've read multiple articles about it including the original Nintendo of Japan tweet and nowhere does it say they are going to be recalling or pulling copies of the game already at retail off the shelf.

#41 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:28 PM

Talked to the Nintendo rep at my store today and she hadn't been told anything about the so called "Super Mario 3D All-Stars recall" at the end of the month. Never heard them do anything like it in the 30 years of working for them.

SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS
Nintendo confirmed that physical copies of the Mario re-release will stop being produced at the end of March. Also, the downloadable version will be pulled from the Nintendo eShop at midnight on April 1 in Japan.

As far as I could tell, they aren’t planning to have stores ship back unsold copies on April 1; they just won’t be making any more. Of course, I don’t know how that differs from all other games, it’s not like they are constantly producing them. I think the digital version is where the main difference is.

If I thought it was going to leave shelves. I would have bought a few copies last week before GCU went offline.

#42 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3061 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:25 PM

So bizarre. I wonder if the Big N is planning individual releases on eShop for SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

#43 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking retailers will just sell through their remaining stock and just never receive more. This whole limited time thing with these games was a confusing choice, but Nintendo was practically founded on confusing choices.

Thanks for the new thread btw!

#44 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:38 PM

So bizarre. I wonder if the Big N is planning individual releases on eShop for SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Or there are tons of copies on shelves and they are trying to use the threat of lack of future supply to try to move the existing supply.

#45 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71460 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:03 PM

#46 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3511 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:04 PM

I fully expect this.  And add Galaxy 2 at some point.  $29.99 each maybe?

#47 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:44 PM

Pin Set #2 came today (USPS MI), box is much larger than expected (had hoped it would be the same dimensions a Set #1) but it'll fit somewhere!  :-P

IIJwzDr.png

#48 FFWRX   Don't Blink! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for starting this.

#49 Shojsauce   Owner of RewindReview CAGiversary!   1148 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:17 PM

Hey, I just checked the rewards website. there are more missions to qualify for the pins! I just finished mine and got an order in for the pins and the mario kart lanyard for just the $5 shipping. 

#50 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:30 PM

As part of their anniversary campaign, Qubic Games discounts a good chunk of their catalog to $0.17, $1.70 and $5 if you own certain games of theirs. (You almost certainly do, there’s even a free one)
https://t.co/KzIG6qC1WK

This includes the classic Bit.Trip games for $1.70 each!

#51 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:26 AM

I'm still hoping to snag a preorder of the SS Joycon at Walmart since it seems all other places have already sold out. Walmart has yet to put them up for sale.

#52 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3111 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 12:33 AM

SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS
Nintendo confirmed that physical copies of the Mario re-release will stop being produced at the end of March. Also, the downloadable version will be pulled from the Nintendo eShop at midnight on April 1 in Japan.

As far as I could tell, they aren’t planning to have stores ship back unsold copies on April 1; they just won’t be making any more. Of course, I don’t know how that differs from all other games, it’s not like they are constantly producing them. I think the digital version is where the main difference is.

If I thought it was going to leave shelves. I would have bought a few copies last week before GCU went offline.

I doubt they even made any additional copies after the first printing. My store is still sitting on 50 copies after the initial rush died down.

#53 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4879 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:18 AM

New switch coming this year:

https://www.bloomber...ng-oled-display

#54 escapekey   I like the taste! CAGiversary!   468 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

escapekey

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:30 AM

It would make sense.  I'm hoping they do the same for Bowser's Fury for those of us who aren't willing to re-purchase a Wii U game at full price just to get it.

#55 jonathansmith369   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

jonathansmith369

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:42 AM

If the theoretical new switch does have a bigger screen I wonder if it will cost more than the current model.

I've been holding out way too long waiting for an upgraded model, unique limited edition or even just some random sale to finally get a Switch since I've already picked up about half a dozen games for it. Lol.

#56 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:48 AM

If the theoretical new switch does have a bigger screen I wonder if it will cost more than the current model.

I've been holding out way too long waiting for an upgraded model, unique limited edition or even just some random sale to finally get a Switch since I've already picked up about half a dozen games for it. Lol.

A couple of things. Nintendo has not announced anything. If people are disappointed that the screen is bigger and not 1080p, they have to realize that Nintendo likely wants to keep the $299 price point and does not lose money on systems. I don't know too much about the specs but adding more memory and outputting 4K docked means they had to cut corners to hit that $299 price point to still be profitable. Hell, maybe they sell it for $349 because the parts cost over $299. All I know is that history shows us Nintendo does not like losing money on their consoles.

#57 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6360 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:37 AM

Super Switch - $350 ... launching on Black Friday 2021.

Just a feeling 😜

#58 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:40 AM

In case you missed it, Playing with Power: The Nintendo story is on the streaming service Crackle. I am on the 2nd episode now. I already recommend 100%!

#59 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 04 March 2021 - 03:41 AM

Super Switch - $350 ... launching on Black Friday 2021.

Just a feeling

Alongside a BOTW2 Switch Pro Limited Edition, comes with Digital version of the Game

That will sell systems

#60 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:09 AM

7" display would make total sense. That's the diagonal size of the glass portion of the screen on the current model that now has a black bezel built-in. This means the new model could be the same physical size, and more importantly same physical height so existing joycons would fit.