* * * * - 12 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#5011 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:50 PM

Hoo boy indeed.
Even averaging by 365 days that's still 6 hours per day.
A Platinum every 3 and a half days.

I don't know whether to be impressed, sorry for you or call the FBI to report the weirdest sweat shop ever.

Hm if it was 10 or more hours per day then yeah but I’d say that’s not bad

#5012 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4097 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:29 PM

I believe these totals include time spent in rest mode as well.

#5013 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7335 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:19 PM

And Netflix Hulu Disney plus and stuff as well. I think they may also add up total saves on occasion.

#5014 Montybg  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:17 PM

I dont think so. I had mine in rest mode most of the time I'm not playing and had 600 hours. That feels pretty accurate. I can't attest to the streaming though. I use a fire stick for that.

#5015 elessar123  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 06:30 PM

There's no way, because mine's pretty much on rest mode all the time.

#5016 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6165 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:54 PM

Looks like I only played “UH OH SOMETHING’S WRONG” last year.

#5017 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4489 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:56 PM

Looks like I only played “UH OH SOMETHING’S WRONG” last year.

I laughed, but I get the same thing.

#5018 izembo  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:08 PM

if you didn't agree to the sharing of data with sony and partners it won't work for you. 

#5019 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6165 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:23 PM

if you didn't agree to the sharing of data with sony and partners it won't work for you.

It’s worked for me every year till this one.

#5020 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3982 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:43 PM

Same for me. It worked every year they have done this except this year.

It's annoying but I can view my stats on other sites were things work properly.

#5021 rpgaymer  

rpgaymer

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:44 PM

Same here, and I just wasted time going through TWENTY "which mouse can't reach the cheese" captcha things just to get that stupid vague error message. I swear, everything internet related these days just feels like digitally swatting flies, smh.

#5022 Andromeda-751  

Andromeda-751

Posted 21 January 2022 - 10:00 PM

If it makes you do 20 of the maze mice captchas, just back out or close the tab and open a new one to try to sign in again. That refreshed it for me and then it only made me do 3 of them.

#5023 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:16 AM

Hoo boy indeed.
Even averaging by 365 days that's still 6 hours per day.
A Platinum every 3 and a half days.

I don't know whether to be impressed, sorry for you or call the FBI to report the weirdest sweat shop ever.

The hours sound about right as I had more time to play last year.  Working from home means less time driving back and forth to work, more time on the console.  Six hours every weeknight after work and much more on the weekends could be fine.

What doesn't add up (other than 549 days played in one year,) is that it says I played 77 games but earned 100 platinums.  That doesn't seem possible.  I don't know exactly what days they're counting between, but according to my completed games list for 2021, I only earned 76 platinums in 2021, so that seems more inline with their 77 games played count.

There's no way, because mine's pretty much on rest mode all the time.

Yeah, if rest mode counted, then mine would be much higher as I keep mine in all the time when I'm not playing.

#5024 izembo  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 01:26 AM

This years is different, but yeah the terms show:

Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region, be age 18 years or over, have played games on a PS4 or PS5 console for at least 10 hours between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Users who have not consented to the collection of “Full Data” from their PlayStation 5 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.

Users located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, and Russia, who have not consented to the collection of “Additional Data” from their PlayStation 4 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.

#5025 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6165 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 02:41 AM

This years is different, but yeah the terms show:

Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region, be age 18 years or over, have played games on a PS4 or PS5 console for at least 10 hours between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Users who have not consented to the collection of “Full Data” from their PlayStation 5 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.
Users located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, and Russia, who have not consented to the collection of “Additional Data” from their PlayStation 4 system settings, may be unable to participate in the Wrap-Up campaign.

I don’t own a PS5 and I’m not located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, or Russia.

#5026 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71936 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:04 AM

There's a deal for 3 months of EA Play for $4.99:

https://store.playst...APLAY3FOR1PROMO

Ends 2/8

Mass Effect Legendary Edition was just added and here's the full list of titles you can play:

https://store.playst...-9e0829e5c878/1

Battlefield 2042, Madden, NHL, and FIFA 22 are up as trials.

#5027 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7335 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 January 2022 - 04:15 AM

I don’t own a PS5 and I’m not located in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia, India, or Russia.

inb4 they'll continue to argue that it's something on your end and not sony's fault because heaven forbid companies make mistakes instead of being infallible. 

#5028 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 22 January 2022 - 09:42 AM

inb4 they'll continue to argue that it's something on your end and not sony's fault because heaven forbid companies make mistakes instead of being infallible.

Freeze Time? Did you change screen names? ;)

#5029 Series M  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 01:24 PM

Nice. That's going to look real nice. I'm tempted by the purple, but the black is probably safer.

I finally put the black case on this morning. Before when it was white I would walk in my room and the huge white PS5 was a giant eye sore. First thing you would see. Now with the black covers it is almost invisible on its shelf. Exactly what I wanted. I do not regret paying $60 for it.

Also if anyone plans to buy that or something else off of Playstation Direct, shoot me a PM and I will give you the $5 off code that came with my covers.

#5030 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7335 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 January 2022 - 02:43 PM

Check the gs thread for some of their posts if you don't believe me.

#5031 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4326 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:53 PM

Can you not buy PSN credit from PS Direct?

#5032 izembo  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:57 PM

Can you not buy PSN credit from PS Direct?

correct, only games/accessories/now/plus

#5033 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 04:17 PM

I thought the same thing for a second there. Lol! 

#5034 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 04:30 PM

I finally put the black case on this morning. Before when it was white I would walk in my room and the huge white PS5 was a giant eye sore. First thing you would see. Now with the black covers it is almost invisible on its shelf. Exactly what I wanted. I do not regret paying $60 for it.

Also if anyone plans to buy that or something else off of Playstation Direct, shoot me a PM and I will give you the $5 off code that came with my covers.

Nice. Going for the all black set up. Is it your bedroom or man cave? The entertainment center for my modern set up in my game room is already has a few standout colored consoles on it. My silver Reach 360, grey Retron 5, black & red Monster Hunter PS4 pro & white PS5. So I picked up the red covers last night. It pops & adds to the colors of that room. 

#5035 Series M  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 04:44 PM

Nice. Going for the all black set up. Is it your bedroom or man cave? The entertainment center for my modern set up in my game room is already has a few standout colored consoles on it. My silver Reach 360, grey Retron 5, black & red Monster Hunter PS4 pro & white PS5. So I picked up the red covers last night. It pops & adds to the colors of that room. 

It is my man cave. I have my black Series X, black external HD for XBox, black Switch, black Logitech hub, black AV receiver, black center speaker all in the TV stand. Now I have a black PS5. The stand itself is also black so it all blends in well.

#5036 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 05:40 PM

It is my man cave. I have my black Series X, black external HD for XBox, black Switch, black Logitech hub, black AV receiver, black center speaker all in the TV stand. Now I have a black PS5. The stand itself is also black so it all blends in well.

Well yeah... but is it black?

#5037 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 05:57 PM

Sounds slick. I have two set ups in my man cave modern & retro. The modern set up is black 3 tiered stand with the PS5, PS4, PS3, Retron 5, Switch, Series X, 360 & Wii U. The retro set up is a grey two tiered shelf & Grey CRT with the NES, Genesis, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube & Wii. I didn't go for a uniform color scheme. There are so many colors everywhere. It's fun though. Lol! 

#5038 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4988 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 January 2022 - 06:02 PM

Sounds slick. I have two set ups in my man cave modern & retro. The modern set up is black 3 tiered stand with the PS5, PS4, PS3, Retron 5, Switch, Series X, 360 & Wii U. The retro set up is a grey two tiered shelf & Grey CRT with the NES, Genesis, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube & Wii. I didn't go for a uniform color scheme. There are so many colors everywhere. It's fun though. Lol!

I realize you have a Retron in the modern setup, but no SNES in that retro set up?

#5039 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1721 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2022 - 06:18 PM

I realize you have a Retron in the modern setup, but no SNES in that retro set up?

Yeah i don't. I never grew up with the SNES. All of my retro consoles are the same ones I've had for decades. My parents got me a Genesis during that era. I do have a small collection of SNES games (less than 10) that I play on my retron. I just started collecting for it last year. There are a lot of great games on it so the plan is to pickup a OEM console at a convention/swap meet this year. It has to be a good deal though. I also want to get another OG Xbox. My original died a few years ago. 

#5040 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4988 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 January 2022 - 09:43 PM

Yeah i don't. I never grew up with the SNES. All of my retro consoles are the same ones I've had for decades. My parents got me a Genesis during that era. I do have a small collection of SNES games (less than 10) that I play on my retron. I just started collecting for it last year. There are a lot of great games on it so the plan is to pickup a OEM console at a convention/swap meet this year. It has to be a good deal though. I also want to get another OG Xbox. My original died a few years ago.

Gotcha, yeah the SNES has a ton of great games so definitely worth getting a collection for, especially if you missed some back in the day!