Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Thanks for the new thread!

I have a question, I apologize if it's really dumb but I couldn't find the answer online: does anyone know how to move digital bonuses from the PS4 to your computer? I'm talking about when you get a game and it includes a DLC code for things like a digital artbook, dev interview, mini soundtrack, etc. Obviously, when you redeem that code, it downloads to the PS4, but is there a way to put those files on the computer? I have digital soundtracks and artbooks for Ghost of Tsushima and Persona 5 Strikers that I'd love to have on my computer, so I can have all my music in one place. Thanks so much in advance!
Most of the soundtrack launchers let you export the music to an USB stick that you can then put on your PC and do what you want with that.

Checking out Madden 21 on PS5 now that it's fully playable on EA Play.

My PS4 player upon first opening the game.

Evk5eM_WQAECZhL.jpg

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP5498-CUSA15087_00-PSEAA99CENTPROMO

You can get your first month of EA Play for $0.99.

EA Play people can now play Madden NFL 21 without restrictions:

Madden NFL 21 PS4 & PS5

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the soundtrack launchers let you export the music to an USB stick that you can then put on your PC and do what you want with that.
I had a feeling that was the case, just wasn't sure if the music was in some sort of format the computer couldn't read. I've had my PS4 for years and I admittedly still don't know everything about it lol I'll give it a looksee and try it out. Thank you so much!

EDIT: It doesn't look like Ghost of Tsushima or Persona 5 Strikers have the option to move the soundtracks to a USB, which is a shame because I think the Persona one is the full soundtrack. My paltry 16gb thumbstick is apparently too small for the PS4 anyway. God, I hate when publishers cheap out and give us digital soundtracks and artbooks. That shit is useless.

Sony is sending out beta invites for the next firmware update (8.50) on PS4. Codes are good for 20 uses. Anyone want to update now? My code still has 19 uses after I redeemed it once for myself.

Sony is sending out beta invites for the next firmware update (8.50) on PS4. Codes are good for 20 uses. Anyone want to update now? My code still has 19 uses after I redeemed it once for myself.
If it's anything like the disaster updates they've been putting out since 7.50 then I'll pass.

Follow the topic doesn't seem to be working for either new thread. I wonder why. As I clicked the follow button up top but it's not showing any new message notification or that I am following the topic and the button that takes you to the first unread message outside of the thread.

Follow the topic doesn't seem to be working for either new thread. I wonder why. As I clicked the follow button up top but it's not showing any new message notification or that I am following the topic and the button that takes you to the first unread message outside of the thread.
Opposite for me, it seems I'm getting notifications for every post. lol

Opposite for me, it seems I'm getting notifications for every post. lol
I didn't make any specific settings when I created the thread, and I just check the site every few hours, so I don't have notifications turned on for myself on the topics.

Hopefully someone can assist you both in being able to figure out a solution.

Looks like the only major change in this "update" is they're gettind rid of ps4 communities. Sony is just going to keep removing longtime features and attempt to pass that off as some kind of improvement, I guess.

I didn't make any specific settings when I created the thread, and I just check the site every few hours, so I don't have notifications turned on for myself on the topics.

Hopefully someone can assist you both in being able to figure out a solution.
The weirdest thing for me is that, because it was created as a Wiki instead of a normal thread, anytime I click the link in the notification to read a "new (unread) post", it just brings me back to the first post because at some point since my last visit, someone did something to the wiki. So then I have to go through pages and pages from the end until I can figure out where the last unread post was.

The weirdest thing for me is that, because it was created as a Wiki instead of a normal thread, anytime I click the link in the notification to read a "new (unread) post", it just brings me back to the first post because at some point since my last visit, someone did something to the wiki. So then I have to go through pages and pages from the end until I can figure out where the last unread post was.
That's interesting. If we find that the Wiki is a pain, I can certainly look to keep the main post updated with the most current information.

Just want to give the thread the best experience that I can offer.

It works correctly for me though. I click on the name of the thread in the notifications dropdown and it brings me to the oldest unread post.

I also get a number of notifications about who edited the thread.

Using Chrome on laptop if that helps differentiate other people's approach.

How about a comment about how great the PS5 offering is this month?

I'm really enjoying Maquette so far.  I find myself saying "hmmm" and "ohhhh" when I figure out the next step of what to do.

For a brief moment, I feel proud that I figured something out....and then I do it again and again.  That is worth the price of admission.

Also, I hope nothing bad happens to the couple.  I'm rooting for them.

How about a comment about how great the PS5 offering is this month?

I'm really enjoying Maquette so far. I find myself saying "hmmm" and "ohhhh" when I figure out the next step of what to do.

For a brief moment, I feel proud that I figured something out....and then I do it again and again. That is worth the price of admission.

Also, I hope nothing bad happens to the couple. I'm rooting for them.
I think the reason for that is so few own ps5's to even play it and generally speaking plus games are typically backlog fodder.

anywho making progress on fairy tail and nearly done with it. Just have to complete the remaining s class missions and I will get the platinum which will be the first one I've gotten on ps4. So I rec the game for those looking for relatively easy plats albeit a little bit time consuming at around 46 hours in as of this post. But I'm a pretty lackadaisical player so others likely would finish in a much shorter time.

If I wanted to browse the indie sale on Sony’s terrible website instead of on psprices, would anybody have that direct link for me?

AFAIK, sale pages don't work on the old site. Up until now I've just been using Frisky's list or looking at my wishlist. I'll have to use Psprices now.

Thanks to psunami for starting a fresh thread and thanks again to Frisky for all of the hard work over the years.

Looked through the Indie Sale and strangely nothing besides Brunswick Pro Billiards stands out to me. Can I get some game recommendations to check out so I don't miss out on anything?

AFAIK, sale pages don't work on the old site. Up until now I've just been using Frisky's list or looking at my wishlist. I'll have to use Psprices now.
Are you referring to the old PS store site?

I've added the most recent sale listings, on the new PS Store site, to the Wiki and will try to keep up with that better from now on.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to try and help.

Serious question, for those complaining about how much you hate the web store experience, have you tried the app store on mobile? I find it to be quite easy to navigate through the deals.

I know no one really cares but TT Isle of Man 2 just got a patch today that allows it to run on PS5. Brings the incompatible game list down to 6.

Can you no longer buy the first season of Hitman? Every time I click get access under hitman 2 menu, it says content no longer available.
I still see Hitman GOTY under the store, is it possible you already redeemed it from when it was on PS+ last year?

I still see Hitman GOTY under the store, is it possible you already redeemed it from when it was on PS+ last year?
Hmm probably I’ve been a plus subscriber for like 8 years, I wonder why it won’t let me download. For reference I currently own for honor which was the other plus game that month.

Impressions of The Outriders demo on the PS5:

First of all this is obviously a cross gen game. The models for the characters are pretty bad looking sometimes and the environmental objects can look less detailed sometimes as well. I'll put it straight and tell you that game play is very clunky. The balance is for 3 player teams. Shots rarely every miss so you need to clunkily move from cover to cover like a Gears of War game. The loot is OK. Not super exciting, but decent. The skill tree is also decent. The story was cool at first, but just went to predictable so-so after a while. This feels like a cross between Destiny, Gears of War, The Division, Borderlands and probably that clunky Left Alive which I never played. It's not as good as any of those sans Left Alive, which I'm sure it's better than. The demo is glitchy at times as well. I played a tank character and felt my HP melting away. I did play 1 and 2 player, so I could tell playing alone this game is not worth it. The story is typical 
post apocalyptic
fair. The shooting was OK enough, but you peak out of cover and you have like 6 people shooting at you not missing all at once. It felt like a less fun Borderlands, with less zany humor and more depression. Frankly it feels like something like Painkiller with the arenas so enclosed and annoying at times. Honestly I'm only getting it if my friends get it. This was a 6 or 6.5 out of 10 experience. I know looter shooters don't come out everyday, but this feels pretty average already. I can answer other questions, but yeah likely not for me.

Spelunky (PS4, PS3, and Vita cross-buy) is on sale for $4.49 for the first time since July 2015.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4407-CUSA00493_00-SPELUNKY00000000?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

And it's still better than the sequel. :shock:
The sequel didn't hook me, but to be fair, it took me at least 3 different tries before the original hooked me. I've taken some time off and might jump back into the sequel down the line. I haven't really gone online to see what the impressions of the sequel are at this point. It felt kind of long to me.

bread's done
Back