Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The sequel didn't hook me, but to be fair, it took me at least 3 different tries before the original hooked me. I've taken some time off and might jump back into the sequel down the line. I haven't really gone online to see what the impressions of the sequel are at this point. It felt kind of long to me.
The original PSN release was a port of the PC remake of the original PC game. But it's my favorite game on any platform.

And I don't want to sound elitist, but I have a few issues with Spelunky 2 that keep me from enjoying it as much.

1. They moved the button to go through the door to the next stage to R1 instead of L1. It sounds like a small issue, but in a game with randomly placed enemies and a ghost who suddenly appears to kill you when you take too long to finish the stage, you might miss a split-second button press to quickly exit because muscle memory fails you.

2. The jumps seem floatier to me. Again, it probably seems obsessive, but I play both games back to back daily to put a score on the leaderboard.

3. The whip has a shorter range. Therefore, you have to get closer to the enemies to kill them.

4. I could do without all the animals that they give you to ride if they gave you more opportunities to get better weapons and backpacks.

5. The graphics were cleaner in the last game. Spelunky 2 looks like it was hand-drawn by a child. The jungle stage looks horrible.

I might sound like an old man, but it ain't broke, don't fix it. :oldman:

And I don't want to sound elitist, but I have a few issues with Spelunky 2 that keep me from enjoying it as much.

1. They moved the button to go through the door to the next stage to R1 instead of L1. It sounds like a small issue, but in a game with randomly placed enemies and a ghost who suddenly appears to kill you when you take too long to finish the stage, you might miss a split-second button press to quickly exit because muscle memory fails you.
You can easily remap it to L1 in the options.

You can easily remap it to L1 in the options.
Thanks for the advice. I remapped the button. But I still hate the game. :bomb:

In other news, it took me two years, but I was finally able to deactivate all of my PlayStation systems in order to add a replacement Vita to my PSN account. For some reason, it never worked before. I can finally replay my old games. :D/

My previous OLED Vita got destroyed in the washing machine, but I bought a replacement OLED Vita before the prices on them went sky high. The screen has a single scratch on the bottom, but it's still great. Always check your pockets! :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressions of The Outriders demo on the PS5:

Snip
I'll double your sentiments after playing the demo. Its definitely a mixed bag with more bad than good. It tries so hard to be Destiny and not at the same time, it doesn't have anything unique characteristics of it's own; it just takes things from other shooters and throws them together hoping it meshes well, except it doesn't.

Thankfully I'm not the only who feels the movement was clunky. It definitely needs work. I also didn't like the random and violent camera shakes during some cutscenes, it was really jarring. My biggest gripe though are the load times and screens, they were a constant annoyance and took at least 30-40 seconds at minimum almost everywhere you go. Unless they make a lot of QoL improvements and updates some of the core mechanics, I think people should stay away from it. I honestly had more fun with Anthem after some of their updates than I did with this demo.

My previous OLED Vita got destroyed in the washing machine, but I bought a replacement OLED Vita before the prices on them went sky high. The screen has a single scratch on the bottom, but it's still great. Always check your pockets! :shock:
I lost my old Vita during a particularly bad day. I was playing it on the bus and had a lot of errands to run that day, when I got a call from work. Turns out my paycheck had fallen out of my pocket at a different location; someone found it and called my employer, who called me.

During this time the bus reached my stop, so while processing the information, deciding how/when to pick it up, and getting off the bus, I accidentally left my Vita in the seat.

Didn't realize until I got home fifteen minutes later. Called the bus company, but they said they wouldn't search the bus for anything that wasn't vital like wallet or keys. And of course on the bus's round trip the Vita was gone.

Enjoy my hacked 64GB card Vita, you lucky son of a bitch.

I lost my old Vita during a particularly bad day. I was playing it on the bus and had a lot of errands to run that day, when I got a call from work. Turns out my paycheck had fallen out of my pocket at a different location; someone found it and called my employer, who called me.

During this time the bus reached my stop, so while processing the information, deciding how/when to pick it up, and getting off the bus, I accidentally left my Vita in the seat.

Didn't realize until I got home fifteen minutes later. Called the bus company, but they said they wouldn't search the bus for anything that wasn't vital like wallet or keys. And of course on the bus's round trip the Vita was gone.

Emjoy my hacked 64GB card Vita, you lucky son of a bitch.
Sorry for your loss. I used to take my Vita to the laundromat. This replacement will never leave the house. Lesson learned.

Just finished the Heavenly Sword movie and wondering why the hell we never got a sequel to the game.....?
Can read all about it online as Tameem is way too open about most things, but, the game just didn't make its budget back and Sony didn't think it was worth doing another. It wasn't like a bomb or anything (sold 1 mil copies in the first half a year it was out) but it was probably a pretty expensive game.

The original PSN release was a port of the PC remake of the original PC game. But it's my favorite game on any platform.

2. The jumps seem floatier to me. Again, it probably seems obsessive, but I play both games back to back daily to put a score on the leaderboard.

3. The whip has a shorter range. Therefore, you have to get closer to the enemies to kill them.

4. I could do without all the animals that they give you to ride if they gave you more opportunities to get better weapons and backpacks.

5. The graphics were cleaner in the last game. Spelunky 2 looks like it was hand-drawn by a child. The jungle stage looks horrible.

I might sound like an old man, but it ain't broke, don't fix it. :oldman:
The animals are pretty dumb, I don't really like them at all. Hell, one of them basically insta-kills you if you're no good at teleporting.

The Jungle indeed looks awful. The insta-kill bear trap was also an awful addition that is super hard to see in the Jungle.

I hate how long the
Olmec fight
takes if you're trying to take one of the more extended paths. It also feels really random compared to the rest of the game. I've died there so many times. I don't want to look up ways to cheese it, but also, I hate taking 10+ minutes just to get there only to stupidly die.

The mini boss fight in 1-4 is also pretty stupid and pointless. I wish it was a "sometimes" event that randomly spawned, instead of always being 1-4.

Like I said, I haven't played it in months and they may have patched some of these things. Overall it's still a pretty fun game but it's no Spelunky 1.

Target Circle users should now have two additional Circle offers that are good for this week only:

- 10% off any one select electronics or video game item

- 25% off any one select toy.

You have to add the offer to your Target Circle account, and it's probably not going to work on any physical Nintendo games or systems.

But after checking the Target website, it looks like it might work on Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Network, Steam, and Xbox Live gift cards.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but The Curator's Cut for Little Hope from The Dark Picture Anthology is free now. Like the first one, I assume this was a pre-order bonus that allows you to play the game from a different perspective. 

My PS5 arrived today! Right now, I am doing the data transfer and I am already annoyed at the lack of storage this thing has on it. I am transferring from my Pro and right off the bat, I have to pick and choose which games to transfer over. Really lame that Sony didn't include a full TB like MS. What are some solutions you people are doing other than just deleting and installing games? Is there a recommended external HDD?

Is my game sharing transferred? Doesn't look like it. I will do that now. Any other tricks or tips?

Watching the new interface vids now.

I just didn't transfer anything.  I am finishing up what I want on the PS4 and I could always redownload something to the PS5 if I really want to.

I just transfered what I was going to play in the near future, and delete when I'm done. It sucks, but I'm not a fan of permanently attached external drives.

My PS5 arrived today! Right now, I am doing the data transfer and I am already annoyed at the lack of storage this thing has on it. I am transferring from my Pro and right off the bat, I have to pick and choose which games to transfer over. Really lame that Sony didn't include a full TB like MS. What are some solutions you people are doing other than just deleting and installing games? Is there a recommended external HDD?

Is my game sharing transferred? Doesn't look like it. I will do that now. Any other tricks or tips?

I'm confused. It only shows that a couple of games are installed but I transferred a lot over and it shows in my storage I only have 26GB left. What's going on?
I didn't transfer anything. My PS4 is pretty full on the 2TBs I had available. I have both still hooked up. I attached a spare 2TB drive I had available to the PS5 and installed some PS4 games on it that I don't have room for on my PS4.

Ghost of Tsushima is probably the first PS4 game I plan on playing on PS5 followed by Death Stranding.

Okay well I did transfer and I am really confused. What is my PS4 transferring when according to my PS5, everything is there? Well, I can't access most of the games but it does show that I only have 22 GB left on my storage so the games did get transferred. This is strange. Okay so a youtube vid explained it. He had a bunch of options at the bottom which I don't have(trying to figure out why) and one of them showed downloads and I am seeing more and more games pop up now.

Oh ok. I have to hit the PS button to see those options. I am gonna watch some of the vids it has about the new interface.

So many PS4 games require big downloads as well. Not very cool, and extremely slow, but it goes. Also hurts when you have data caps and it wants to download CoD updates.....

So the data transfer is not really a transfer but simply copies from one to the other. Everything I transferred over to my PS5 is still on my PS4.

I had a 2TB Firecuda SSHD which I'd installed in my PS4 a few years ago; I tested a few dozen games on my 5 and found everything ran fine (or better than fine) and decided I would just sell my 4 since I wasn't ever likely to use it again, but I hated the idea of giving a prospective buyer the windfall of a substantially nicer drive since I knew it wouldn't really be a selling point for most ppl, so I bought a $10 drive enclosure on NewEgg, removed the Firecuda from the 4, slapped in the drive, and hooked it up. It's worked great, loading times even via USB are easily noticeably faster than the PS4's internal bus. Then I plucked an old spinner out of the drawer I have full of them, tossed it into the 4 and sold it to some lady on my local CL so her younger son could play COD with the older one who just left to join the Army. Win-win.

That said, were I you and was buying a drive new rather than repurposing stock on hand, I would definitely suggest getting a 3.5" model instead as you'll get much better bang for your buck, and can also opt for much higher capacity if you like; the enclosure would be a little pricier, but overall you'll still get a better deal, and since it's external anyway and can be hidden in the back of your cabinet, who cares if it's a little bigger? You can obviously buy a prepackaged external drive and may find a good deal on one, but FWIW, the manufacturers tend to put their spammier units in those, and "building" an external drive just means buying two parts instead of one, and screwing in maybe six Philips screws, a very small price to pay IMO for gaining better control over the particulars of your hardware...

Watching the new interface vids now.

I'm about to play Astros playroom. It's too bad it's not in VR like the first game. Start up music kind of sounds like Can You Feel the Love Tonight.

I really hope we get folders soon. I love how organized everything is on my PS4.

PS5 can copy the saved game data from your old PS4 in the startup when first setting it up. You could download this data from the cloud but that would affect your data usage if you have a monthly data cap. I didn't copy any game data to the PS5 internal drive and just use the same external HD I was using with my PS4. I recently finished Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PS5 and copied the game data from the external HD to the internal SSD but honestly I can't really tell if there was much of a speed boost. It did look graphically better on my PS5 but load times weren't dramatically better. I suspect it is likely that the game is not yet optimized for PS5 and is running as if it is on a PS4. I plan to move data back to the external HD once I beat the game (delete the data if I don't plan to play it again soon). 

That extra storage is too pricey for me. I LOVED Astro's playroom like I knew I would. Loved Astrobot on PS5. So awesome that this game comes with the system even though I had to look for it. Strange that it's not right there for you to play right away. It wasn't for me anyway. Had to go to games to see it. The dualsense copies Nintendo of course but so far, I think it's better. This is the "next gen" feeling I wish I would have gotten from my Series X. I beat 4 worlds. Opened up the bottom. Will check it out soon. I'll likely try to 100% this. Again, it copies Nintendo Land a little with the artifacts all in one place but so cool to see all history of playstation and games. I don't recognize all of them though as I really didn't get into Playstation until PS3. I really wish the PS5 wasn't so big. Every time I look at it, I just think why? Why does it have to be so freakin big/tall? Oh well.

Odd that folders aren't there at launch. I'll google to see how long it took the PS4 to get folders. Switch still doesn't have folders even though 3DS had them and Switch is 4 years old now. I can't see Sony not adding folders or taking years to add them. I haven't checked out VR yet which is one of the main reasons I bought it. Will probably do that tomorrow.

Oh, about how long is your Dualsense lasting? I am not sure if mine was completely charged as I charged it for about an hour out of the box but I played about 4 hours or so of Astro and when I turned the system off, the controller was down to one bar. I thought it was supposed to last longer than the DS4 and that would be impressive seeing how much more tech is in it.

Oh okay that explains it. I just realized that my PS4 theme did not transfer to my PS5. I guess that's not an option. That sucks. Does Sony know which themes I have? If I sell my PS4 Pro, will I be able to view all my themes when Sony makes them available for PS5?

controller batteries just don't seem to last these days.  Makes me long for the rechargable AA batteries almost.  Or cords for those of us older folks that remember the ps2 gamecube and other gens. 

Oh okay that explains it. I just realized that my PS4 theme did not transfer to my PS5. I guess that's not an option. That sucks. Does Sony know which themes I have? If I sell my PS4 Pro, will I be able to view all my themes when Sony makes them available for PS5?
I can't even find themes on the webstore and only see them in my download list on my ps4 so odds are low of them fixing that for a while at least until they remember occasionally some people buy them.

I doubt Sony will be making Themes available for PS5.  That's the entire reason why they removed them from the store.

As far as the Dualsense, mine lasts about 8-10 hours before it notifies me that I need to charge it.  I put it on the official charger when I go to bed at night and if I need to charge it while I play, I bought a USB-C cable, which charges much, much faster than the regular USB port.

And as far as space, I didn't do any transfer from my Pro.  I have a 2tb internal (100gb left) and a 4tb external (1.5tb left), and I knew that it wouldn't fit on my PS5.  Since I normally only play one game at a time, I decided with my PS5, I'm only going to install games as I play them and then just remove them afterwards.  Dead by Daylight is only the mainstay since I play that on and off while playing other things.  If you're not the type of person to bounce back and forth between games constantly without finishing them, it's the best solution until they allow us to add more internal storage.

Oh man another bummer. PS5 does not do Dolby vision. I've tried to watch a couple of movies on HBO Max and they are not even in 4k. It shows that it's Dolby Vision but when I play it it clearly is not. I can understand if they don't have the Dolby Vision license yet but at least make them available for hdr10 or at least 4K. Not even allowing 4K is very odd. Netflix for instance plays in 4KHDR on PS5. I'll stick with my TV apps for DV but my TV does not have HBO Max so I need to watch it on my PlayStation. I will be getting a new TV soon though so I won't need to worry about the lack of Dolby Vision on PS5 for HBO Max.

Can someone please explain how game update files work? Got the red exclamation error on the download stating that there was not enough storage for the Shenmue 3 update. I had 18GB free. I checked the info and it said it was a 22GB update. I had no idea why the update was that big but I went ahead and deleted a game and I then resumed the download and it was only 312MB. Not even half a GIG! It download and installed. Why in the world did I need at least 22GB to download a 312MB file update?

I forgot about the 3-D audio. I will check it out tomorrow.

I also don’t like the lack of storage that’s why I had an 8tb external for my PS4. I could use that on my ps5 but I’m also extra so I like to play my games at its best with the internal ssd. Just wish I had more space for my ps5 games but the good thing is I download a few games then delete when done. Finally working on my backlog. Finally

I won a PS5 from the General Mills cereal contest. It arrived yesterday lol.

What day do the digital sales switch? I bought a cheap year of PS+ from CD Keys and the first Spider-Man game remastered from a fellow here.

I have a Series X already, so I’m mostly looking to snatch up those sweet PS exclusives

Some sales are ending tomorrow, so we could see some new ones when those end.
should actually be noted that the sales will end at 3am Eastern time on Thursday, new sales will start sometime tomorrow afternoon most likely

lately PSN will start a new sale every Wednesday that will run 2 weeks until 11:59PM Pacific so they always have 2 sales overlapping & briefly there will even be 3 sales overlapping (but they only advertise the 2 most recent sales)

Oh man another bummer. PS5 does not do Dolby vision. I've tried to watch a couple of movies on HBO Max and they are not even in 4k. It shows that it's Dolby Vision but when I play it it clearly is not. I can understand if they don't have the Dolby Vision license yet but at least make them available for hdr10 or at least 4K. Not even allowing 4K is very odd. Netflix for instance plays in 4KHDR on PS5. I'll stick with my TV apps for DV but my TV does not have HBO Max so I need to watch it on my PlayStation. I will be getting a new TV soon though so I won't need to worry about the lack of Dolby Vision on PS5 for HBO Max.

Can someone please explain how game update files work? Got the red exclamation error on the download stating that there was not enough storage for the Shenmue 3 update. I had 18GB free. I checked the info and it said it was a 22GB update. I had no idea why the update was that big but I went ahead and deleted a game and I then resumed the download and it was only 312MB. Not even half a GIG! It download and installed. Why in the world did I need at least 22GB to download a 312MB file update?

I forgot about the 3-D audio. I will check it out tomorrow.
What are you trying to watch in HBO Max that you think should be 4K? There’s only two titles on the service currently. Tom and Jerry is one. Judah and the Black Messiah is the other. Everything else is HD.

Congrats! I cut a few codes out of the boxes but forgot to submit them ^^;
I had no clue I won until I opened the box. Apparently I had an email from last week in my junk mail informing me I was a winner and it would be delivered within 8 weeks. It showed up in 1 lol.

Surreal moment opening up that box and seeing what it was haha

bread's done
Back