Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Oh man another bummer. PS5 does not do Dolby vision. I've tried to watch a couple of movies on HBO Max and they are not even in 4k. It shows that it's Dolby Vision but when I play it it clearly is not. I can understand if they don't have the Dolby Vision license yet but at least make them available for hdr10 or at least 4K. Not even allowing 4K is very odd. Netflix for instance plays in 4KHDR on PS5. I'll stick with my TV apps for DV but my TV does not have HBO Max so I need to watch it on my PlayStation. I will be getting a new TV soon though so I won't need to worry about the lack of Dolby Vision on PS5 for HBO Max.

Can someone please explain how game update files work? Got the red exclamation error on the download stating that there was not enough storage for the Shenmue 3 update. I had 18GB free. I checked the info and it said it was a 22GB update. I had no idea why the update was that big but I went ahead and deleted a game and I then resumed the download and it was only 312MB. Not even half a GIG! It download and installed. Why in the world did I need at least 22GB to download a 312MB file update?

I forgot about the 3-D audio. I will check it out tomorrow.
No gaming consoles were part of HBO Max's 4K rollout in December. They obviously weren't high priority with their 4K content just being the movies in the 31 day theatrical window and Wonder Woman (2017). The problem is every HBO Max app says Dolby Vison-Atmos (Where available).

https://www.xda-developers.com/hbo-max-4k-hdr-support-android-tv-google-chromecast-google-tv/

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it usually requires space to apply the patch and then replace the old files? Even Windows does it in the Windows.old folder

Because it usually requires space to apply the patch and then replace the old files? Even Windows does it in the Windows.old folder
I did not know this. That's lame. So you always need to have like 30GB of free space just to update a very small file. I am sure there is some tech reason for it but it makes no sense to me.

I just played an hour to get the rest of the Astro's Playroom trophies to get platinum with headphones on. I use the Zelda Astro A10. I don't use them often so I don't really have anything to compare it with but the sound was fine. I didn't notice any 3-D audio but maybe I was hearing it but thought all headphones sound like that? The sound and music is already awesome coming out of my TV speakers.

**EDIT** I just checked and any headset that can plug into the controller gets 3-D audio. I went to my sound settings and 3-D audio is enabled and there are even 5 volume options for it.

Paramount+ also neglected the consoles for 4K so far. There are only 2 movies and a bunch of nature shows in 4K on there, but still.

Change to how the GTA5 Online money is doled out:

From April 1, 2021 forward you will need to claim your monthly GTA$1,000,000 benefit from the Playstation™Store. At the start of each month a new GTA$1,000,000 product will be available on the PS Store, like other similar PS Plus pack benefits. You must be a Playstation®Plus subscriber to claim this product each month and the GTA$ will be deposited into your in-game account upon store redemption.

The month of March 2021 will be the last month in which your monthly GTA$ benefit will be automatically deposited into your in-game account within 72 hours of your first play session. As of April 1, 2021, these automatic GTA$ in-game deposits will be discontinued.

The amount of the GTA$ benefit is not changing. The offer is still limited to GTA$1,000,000 per person per month and this offer will still end when Grand Theft Auto V launches on Playstation®5 in the second half of 2021. A specific release date of GTAV on PS5™ has not yet been announced.

I did not know this. That's lame. So you always need to have like 30GB of free space just to update a very small file. I am sure there is some tech reason for it but it makes no sense to me.
There are ways to patch in place, but I doubt people would be happy about having to re-download everything if it fails for any reason.

What are you trying to watch in HBO Max that you think should be 4K? There’s only two titles on the service currently. Tom and Jerry is one. Judah and the Black Messiah is the other. Everything else is HD.
I'm pretty sure WW84 is also 4K, but I don't recommend watching that piece of crap.

EDIT: I forgot that it left HBO. This is not a loss.

There have been a lot of these deals lately, but this is the cheapest I've seen so far - 1-year PS+ for $25.59 at CDKeys.
I added a couple years even though I primarily game on Xbox now thanks to Game Pass. The PS+ offerings have just been too good to not keep the subscription active. I do wonder if these cheap deals signal a change is coming. I know they hinted at a possibility of a Game Pass competitor being thought about, so who knows, maybe we'll know soon.

I added a couple years even though I primarily game on Xbox now thanks to Game Pass. The PS+ offerings have just been too good to not keep the subscription active. I do wonder if these cheap deals signal a change is coming. I know they hinted at a possibility of a Game Pass competitor being thought about, so who knows, maybe we'll know soon.
I wouldn’t be shocked if they merged PS Now into PS+. I had gotten a cheap code for a year of Now and haven’t been impressed. Even with my solid 200 mbps internet, streaming isn’t that great, especially for games like fighters (which they oddly have a lot of). Not consistent enough and some input lag. And their PS4 downloadable selection just doesn’t come close to GP.

But adding it as a benefit to PS+ or a cheaper add on? I could see that in the cards.

I got the turtles in time remaster that everyone hated so I will definitely pick this up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, people didn't like it because it was the arcade game and missing the SNES extra levels. Also, the direction of attacks wasn't strictly left right, so some didn't like that. But, I enjoyed it very much. It looks like this will be much closer to the original arcade game than the previous one was to Turtles in Time. Better animation, each Turtle has different animations, even for just running but it sticks to pixelated art with the backgrounds looking better and less generic. It seems they also have the "throw the enemy into the screen" bit that was only in Turtles in Time. Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4? If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

I'll get it, now when does it come out?

I got the turtles in time remaster that everyone hated so I will definitely pick this up as well.

I’m jealous. I never got that or Simpsons. Thankfully, we at least got Scott Pilgrim back so I have hope for the other two Ubi decided to make into myth.

I’m jealous. I never got that or Simpsons. Thankfully, we at least got Scott Pilgrim back so I have hope for the other two Ubi decided to make into myth.
Sorry to hear that you missed out on turtles and The Simpsons I think I still have the Simpsons through PS plus.

Yeah, people didn't like it because it was the arcade game and missing the SNES extra levels. Also, the direction of attacks wasn't strictly left right, so some didn't like that. But, I enjoyed it very much. It looks like this will be much closer to the original arcade game than the previous one was to Turtles in Time. Better animation, each Turtle has different animations, even for just running but it sticks to pixelated art with the backgrounds looking better and less generic. It seems they also have the "throw the enemy into the screen" bit that was only in Turtles in Time. Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4? If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.

I'll get it, now when does it come out?
It doesn’t say but my guess is either mid to late summer or early fall.

The pixel art for the Turtles game just looks OK to me, but the gameplay looks good enough. Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game were excellent. Easy buy on release.

Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4? If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.
Not exactly. SoR4 was co-developed between Dotemu, Lizardcube, and Guard Crush Games. Lizardcube did the art and it was made in Guard Crush's own engine as they're big action game fans and previously made the no budget beat 'em up Streets of Fury which has a good amount in common with SoR4 gameplay wise. Personally I think Guard Crush is the biggest reason SoR4 was so awesome as those guys seem to just get what makes a good action game.

The only names attached to this game are Dotemu and Tribute Games. I've played most of Tribute's games: Mercenary Kings, Curses 'N Chaos, and Ninja Senki were all part of PS+ in the past, and I bought Wizorb and Flinthook myself. I like all of those well enough but none of them ever blew me away or anything. I assume this will probably be pretty fun too, but, I am not expecting it to be as amazing as SoR4 was.

Aren't these the guys that did Streets of Rage 4? If so, that's some good pedigree - that game rocked.
No, SOR4 was Lizardcube, who also did the Dragon’s Trap remake and the recent Monster Boy game. Same publisher, but DotEmu is a pretty diverse publisher.

The pixel art for the Turtles game just looks OK to me, but the gameplay looks good enough. Turtles in Time and the Arcade Game were excellent. Easy buy on release.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought the art was a step backward from the older games.

So in order to Game share on my PS5, do I need to just put my PS5 as the 2nd and that's it? Or do I need to deactivate my Pro first and then put the PS5 as my 2nd? Right now, I am game sharing with a friend on my Pro but want to game share on my PS5 too.

The remaster that was made with the new show? The arcade version played like the old games, but it was slightly not as good. I played on arcade so the attack directions were fine.

OH.MY.GOD.

Turtles in Time was one of my favorite games of the SNES era. A throwback to the arcade game and Turtles in Time is right up my alley.
EmptySleepyKakapo-small.gif

The remaster that was made with the new show? The arcade version played like the old games, but it was slightly not as good. I played on arcade so the attack directions were fine.
I have no idea what you mean by the remastered that was made with the new show.

Paramount+ also neglected the consoles for 4K so far. There are only 2 movies and a bunch of nature shows in 4K on there, but still.
Not really neglected as they just barely started doing 4K content before the rebrand. They added Dolby Vision last year when Picard launched (Yes, both Star Trek shows are just 1080/DV just like on international Netflix) and they later upgraded to 4K with Twilight Zone Season 2 and The Stand. PS5 not supporting either Dolby format is going to keep it at a lower priority with these streamers.

A lot of folks were turned off on the Turtles in Time remake, much like the ports of both it and the Arcade game in those PS2 era titles because they didn't have the rights to the original music which was half the appeal.

Both The Simpsons Arcade and Turtles in Time remake are vaporware after they got delisted and have been unavailable for purchase or redownload for years. It's most likely for licensing reasons, but nothing has ever been confirmed.
I can still play these games on my XBox 360. X-MEN and the original Turtles arcade game too. There are a bunch of delisted classic games like these that are still playable if you purchased them back in the day.

PS5 games are $10 more than the same PS4 game a free update to the PS5 version. Why would I pay $10 more for the exact same game when it has a free version? Are there any differences? Is the PS5 game file smaller?

bread's done
Back