* * * * - 13 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#6691 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7421 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 May 2022 - 05:57 PM

I've heard good things about Wild Arms. I got a Playstation Classic at a pawn shop recenty and Wild Arms 3 was on there.

wa1 is interesting but I couldn't figure out how to advance forward with the story on the girls route. I assume since they allow you to switch between the 3 protagonists that I needed to go further in the other 2 characters or something.

2 is more straight forward and minus navigating due to some sections of the world map being linear one way paths. The bomb collar guys specifically. I liked it the most out of the 3 since it had more characters than the others and I didn't find one I disliked. Also unlike 3 it doesn't use the shitty line group system that dq8, okage and other games do where you can't target all enemies for a target all spell or skill. 

3 is super long, has really clunky 3d platforming like most older games. But for the most part it and the bad camera angles were negligible. Minus the rising and sinking platforms one. That was terrible and nearly made me quit the game. The biggest issue for me with 3 is how you have to waste turns to charge your gauge so you can attack early on. Since the starting amount is based on characters levels iirc. Its animation speed and turn length are also on the longer side than I would like.  Virginia is overly preachy and it gets annoying listening to her constantly on her soap box the near entire game. She's similar to Illana Laluna from symbionic titan in that regard. Or Snow Villars going on about being a hero from ff13. 

Character balance was also pretty poor in 3. since Virginias main uses are healing or using target all (doesn't always work since enemies are in groups so outside summons you can't always target all) items skill specific to her and her high speed. Gallows is your main mage since he's the only one with a target all version for magic. Like virginia it doesn't always work.  Gallows is super slow though so that hurts him significantly. Clive is your main attacker since he has very high attack power. But he's super slow as well.  Jet is the odd one out since he has high speed close to virginias and all his stats are otherwise balanced making him a jack of trades master of none. 

3 suffers from the target all issue games like dq8 and okage have.  Only a select few things actually have target all like summons in wild arms 3, overdrive buff thing from ari in okage, I think a boomerang attack in dq8. So it makes battles more tedious just because of that and how limited you are in doing so. 

#6692 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 May 2022 - 07:05 PM

I think the dream might be dead for me on the classic games. Awfully sparse PS1 selection to start with, and it's kind of lame that they're pushing a classic tier when most of the games are native PS4 ports that already existed.

#6693 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11995 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2022 - 07:44 PM

I think the dream might be dead for me on the classic games. Awfully sparse PS1 selection to start with, and it's kind of lame that they're pushing a classic tier when most of the games are native PS4 ports that already existed.

Yeah, that’s one thing that bothers me from the Asia list is that there are a bunch of PS4 games like Borderlands Handsome Collection in the Premium tier. That is NOT what I want to pay more for when they’re claiming Premium is supposed to have retro classics.

#6694 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 23 May 2022 - 08:18 PM

I'm expecting a trophy to set a guy on fire with the taser.

I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if we don't get that.

#6695 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11995 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2022 - 09:05 PM

Ouch. Sites reporting that some of the PS1 games are the PAL versions and not NTSC.

#6696 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   6237 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2022 - 09:09 PM

I've heard good things about Wild Arms. I got a Playstation Classic at a pawn shop recenty and Wild Arms 3 was on there.

...a PS2 game was on your PlayStation Classic?

#6697 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 23 May 2022 - 09:28 PM

Ouch. Sites reporting that some of the PS1 games are the PAL versions and not NTSC.

Not this shit again.

#6698 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 May 2022 - 10:02 PM

This could be a disaster, did they not see the biggest complaint about the PS1 Classic after the line up was the PAL ISOs?

I get that it's like due to the extra languages, but it seems the best solution would be to make both regions available. I assume they're already making NTSC-J versions for Japan at least.

#6699 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11995 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2022 - 10:08 PM

This could be a disaster, did they not see the biggest complaint about the PS1 Classic after the line up was the PAL ISOs?

I get that it's like due to the extra languages, but it seems the best solution would be to make both regions available. I assume they're already making NTSC-J versions for Japan at least.

Sounds like there’s a mix of PAL and NTSC. But, yeah, I don’t know why they are bothering with any PAL after the PS Classic got reamed for it.

https://www.pushsqua...l-50hz-versions

#6700 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72114 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 23 May 2022 - 10:20 PM

https://blog.playsta...aystation-plus/

Q&A for various parts of the new PS+.

#6701 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20435 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:16 AM

It is sad that I could turn on my PS3 and play Ape Escape better than my PS5 if they are PAL version.

#6702 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:09 AM

Please note, DLC and add-on content is not supported when streaming a title.

Hmm, not cool.

#6703 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10088 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 24 May 2022 - 09:59 AM

So apparently, despite not owning a PS3 or a PS4, i decided to buy a bunch of retro titles during that $1 flash sale back in 2014. Lucky me. :bouncy:

#6704 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11995 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 02:43 PM

Sounds like it’s a mess for upgrades and stacking over in Asia for the new PS Plus rollout. People being asked to pay upfront fees, etc. Hope they straighten this out before it comes to the US or there’s going to be a huge backlash.

https://www.pushsqua...or-stacked-subs

#6705 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3216 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:04 PM

Please note, DLC and add-on content is not supported when streaming a title.

Hmm, not cool.

What the actual Fuck ?

#6706 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2218 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:05 PM

#6707 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5037 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:36 PM

Hopefully the PS Now trick most of us took advantage of solves all of this, but starting to have my doubts.

#6708 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2411 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:14 PM

Hopefully the PS Now trick most of us took advantage of solves all of this, but starting to have my doubts.

I hope so too.  Stacked up 6 years of PS Now. :-

Has anyone seen reports from Asia about the game offerings they're getting over there?  Curious how big the PS1 catalogue is, how much overlap there is between the new PS2-PS5 game lineup and what they previously had on their PS Now, etc.

#6709 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7421 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:14 PM

So apparently, despite not owning a PS3 or a PS4, i decided to buy a bunch of retro titles during that $1 flash sale back in 2014. Lucky me. :bouncy:

Do you have a vita\vitatv? Those original ones were cross buy if it's from the same sale that I got them in.

#6710 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5759 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:44 PM

I hope so too. Stacked up 6 years of PS Now. :-

Has anyone seen reports from Asia about the game offerings they're getting over there? Curious how big the PS1 catalogue is, how much overlap there is between the new PS2-PS5 game lineup and what they previously had on their PS Now, etc.

Those are the lists that have been popping up as far as I've seen. 10 PS1 games with several being PAL versions in all countries so far. They have full lists of all available games in those reports and tweets.

#6711 FriskyTanuki   LGBT Rights & Women's Rights are Human Rights CAGiversary!   72114 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:46 PM

https://blog.playsta...-starts-may-25/

PlayStation Store

This year's Days of Play celebration on PlayStation Store brings a multitude of discounted titles and indie must-plays on PS4 and PS5. That includes:

LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
Destiny 2 Witch Queen
Far Cry 6 Standard Edition

There are so many games, we can't include them all here. Check out a selection of top offerings below, then make sure to head over to PlayStation Store when the sale commences* to view the full selection and find out your local deals.

Direct from PlayStation

You can enjoy Days of Play discounts on accessories and games directly from PlayStation while supplies last. These include DualSense wireless controllers, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5), Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5), The Last of Us Part II (PS4), and the PS VR Marvel's Iron Man VR bundle. To find out more, head over to direct.playstation.com when Days of Play commences on May 25.

PlayStation Gear Store

PlayStation Gear Store is celebrating Days of Play with 20% off select merchandise for the duration of the promotion. But that's not all – there are three days of additional daily deals:

On May 25, spend over $50 and you'll receive an insulated beverage sleeve with your order.
On May 26, buy two God of War items and get a third free.
On May 27, you can enjoy a "5 under $5" PlayStation Shapes offer for that 24 hour period only.

Make sure to check PlayStation Gear Store for more details and deals.

PS5 Accessories

PS5 DualSense wireless controllers in White, Midnight Black, Cosmic Red, Starlight Blue, Nova Pink, and Galactic Purple are discounted for the duration of the Days of Play sale at select retailers globally**. Please check with your local retailer for more information.

Selection of PlayStation games included in Days of Play sale at PlayStation Store

Among Us
Assassin's Creed Odyssey – Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla – Ragnarok Edition
BABYLON'S FALL
Back 4 Blood: Standard Edition PS4 & PS5
Baller Edition Bundle
Batman: Arkham Knight
Black Desert: Traveler Edition
Borderlands 3 PS4™ & PS5™
Call of Duty Vanguard – Cross-Gen Edition
Call of Duty Vanguard – Standard Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle PS4™ & PS5™
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Standard Edition
CarX Drift Racing Online
Cities: Skylines – PlayStation 4 Edition
Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It's About Time
Cyberpunk 2077
DEATHLOOP
Diablo® II: Resurrected™ – Standard
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Dying Light 2 Stay Human PS4&PS5
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
FAR CRY®6 Standard Edition
Final Fantasy VII Remake
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online – Complete Edition Ex4
Gang Beasts
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition
Green Hell
GTA Trilogy PS4 & PS5 Digital Bundle
Guardians of the Galaxy – Deluxe Edition
Hell Let Loose
HITMAN 3 – Standard Edition
HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED™
Insurgency: Sandstorm
It Takes Two PS4™ & PS5™
Kena: Bridge of Spirits PS4 & PS5
LEGO Harry Potter Collection
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Life is Strange: True Colors PS4 & PS5
Madden NFL 22: MVP Edition Post Launch (PS4)
Madden NFL 22: MVP Edition Post Launch (PS5)
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Mafia: Trilogy
Marvel's Avengers Endgame Edition
MLB® The Show™ 22 PS4
MLB® The Show™ 22 PS5
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat 11
MotoGP™22 PS4 & PS5
NBA 2K22
Need for Speed Heat: Standard Edition
NHL 22
Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition PS4 & PS5
No Man's Sky PS4 & PS5
OlliOlli World
Outer Wilds
OUTRIDERS PS4 & PS5
PERSONA 5 ROYAL
PGA TOUR 2K21
Rainbow Six Extraction Standard Edition
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil Village PS4 & PS5
Risk of Rain 2
Sackboy: A Big Adventure PS4 & PS5
SGWC2 COMPLETE EDITION
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Slime Rancher
SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR CONTRACTS 2 COMPLETE EDITION
Sonic Colors: Ultimate
Soulcalibur VI
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Stranded Deep
Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
Subnautica PS4 & PS5
Tales Of Arise Deluxe Edition PS4 & PS5
Terraria
TESO: NEW PS5 Base Edition
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition PS5
The Last of Us Part II: Digital Deluxe Edition
The Nioh Collection
The Outer Worlds
theHunter: Call of the Wild
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Next-Level Edition
Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2
UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End & UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle
UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
WWE 2K22

*Days of Play sale runs from Wednesday May 25 at 00.00am [local time] until Wednesday June 8 at 11.59pm [local time], with some promotional items available only while stocks last.

****Direct from PlayStation Days of Play promotion runs from Wednesday May 24 at 9pm PT / Thursday May 25 00.00am BST and ends June 8 2022. While stocks last.

#6712 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:10 PM

Finally built out my list of PS One titles....

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Resident Evil Directors Cut
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

I'd be over the moon if I was able to spin up Suikoden I or II on my PS4 or PS5 to play them again.  I

#6713 Series M  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:11 PM

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

I'd be over the moon if I was able to spin up Suikoden I or II on my PS4 or PS5 to play them again.  I

Throw in the two Lunar games and that's a pretty solid list.

#6714 samnite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:20 PM

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

When you say "built out" what do you mean? Are you going to be putting these games on a PS Classic?

#6715 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:35 PM

When you say "built out" what do you mean? Are you going to be putting these games on a PS Classic?

I logged into my Vita and went through the whole download list and just wrote them down.  Pretty sure I already have them all on my PS Classic.  :P  

No idea why I didn't buy those... Really should have.  Hopefully I'll have the chance to rectify that.  

#6716 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6138 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 24 May 2022 - 07:44 PM

The Reddit post is talking about PS Plus members who upgrade to higher tier, not PS Now users. No reason to have doubts yet that it won't work.

#6717 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 24 May 2022 - 07:45 PM

#6718 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:39 PM

Looks like if you paid for a discounted PS+ from the Playstation store during a sale, they add the difference of the full price to your upgrade if you go to a higher tier.  If you stacked years from pre-paid cards, you should be fine. (Not sure if there are pre-paid cards, but just adding that in case.)  If you got a year for $45, they add $15 to the price of each year you got discounted when you upgrade.

#6719 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:49 PM

Looks like if you paid for a discounted PS+ from the Playstation store during a sale, they add the difference of the full price to your upgrade if you go to a higher tier.  If you stacked years from pre-paid cards, you should be fine. (Not sure if there are pre-paid cards, but just adding that in case.)  If you got a year for $45, they add $15 to the price of each year you got discounted when you upgrade.

Sony is really Sonying this up.

Fewer titles than they just advertised and they're doing everything they can to scrape money out of it instead of encouraging people to try it and let the service sell itself. Does not speak to confidence in what they're offering at all.

#6720 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7421 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:01 AM

Man I wish those were on PSN.