* * * * - 10 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#61 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6769 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:52 PM

Follow the topic doesn't seem to be working for either new thread. I wonder why. As I clicked the follow button up top but it's not showing any new message notification or that I am following the topic and the button that takes you to the first unread message outside of the thread.

#62 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3220 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:32 PM

Follow the topic doesn't seem to be working for either new thread. I wonder why. As I clicked the follow button up top but it's not showing any new message notification or that I am following the topic and the button that takes you to the first unread message outside of the thread.

Opposite for me, it seems I'm getting notifications for every post. lol

#63 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3970 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:01 PM

Opposite for me, it seems I'm getting notifications for every post. lol

I didn't make any specific settings when I created the thread, and I just check the site every few hours, so I don't have notifications turned on for myself on the topics. 

Hopefully someone can assist you both in being able to figure out a solution. 

#64 rpgaymer  

rpgaymer

Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

Sony is sending out beta invites for the next firmware update (8.50) on PS4. Codes are good for 20 uses. Anyone want to update now? My code still has 19 uses after I redeemed it once for myself.

Looks like the only major change in this "update" is they're gettind rid of ps4 communities. Sony is just going to keep removing longtime features and attempt to pass that off as some kind of improvement, I guess.

#65 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1381 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:09 PM

I didn't make any specific settings when I created the thread, and I just check the site every few hours, so I don't have notifications turned on for myself on the topics. 

Hopefully someone can assist you both in being able to figure out a solution. 

The weirdest thing for me is that, because it was created as a Wiki instead of a normal thread, anytime I click the link in the notification to read a "new (unread) post", it just brings me back to the first post because at some point since my last visit, someone did something to the wiki.  So then I have to go through pages and pages from the end until I can figure out where the last unread post was.

#66 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the updated thread!

#67 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3970 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:54 PM

The weirdest thing for me is that, because it was created as a Wiki instead of a normal thread, anytime I click the link in the notification to read a "new (unread) post", it just brings me back to the first post because at some point since my last visit, someone did something to the wiki.  So then I have to go through pages and pages from the end until I can figure out where the last unread post was.

That's interesting.  If we find that the Wiki is a pain, I can certainly look to keep the main post updated with the most current information. 

Just want to give the thread the best experience that I can offer. 

#68 IchiroVader   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

IchiroVader

Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:50 PM

In for new thread smells.

#69 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:06 PM

First in new thread to mention that the new store interface is ass.  Gold star for me.  Carry on.

#70 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:51 PM

It works correctly for me though.  I click on the name of the thread in the notifications dropdown and it brings me to the oldest unread post.

I also get a number of notifications about who edited the thread.

Using Chrome on laptop if that helps differentiate other people's approach.

#71 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1857 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2021 - 11:55 PM

How about a comment about how great the PS5 offering is this month?

I'm really enjoying Maquette so far.  I find myself saying "hmmm" and "ohhhh" when I figure out the next step of what to do.

For a brief moment, I feel proud that I figured something out....and then I do it again and again.  That is worth the price of admission.

Also, I hope nothing bad happens to the couple.  I'm rooting for them.

#72 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6769 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:34 AM

How about a comment about how great the PS5 offering is this month?

I'm really enjoying Maquette so far.  I find myself saying "hmmm" and "ohhhh" when I figure out the next step of what to do.

For a brief moment, I feel proud that I figured something out....and then I do it again and again.  That is worth the price of admission.

Also, I hope nothing bad happens to the couple.  I'm rooting for them.

I think the reason for that is so few own ps5's to even play it and generally speaking plus games are typically backlog fodder. 

anywho making progress on fairy tail and nearly done with it.  Just have to complete the remaining s class missions and I will get the platinum which will be the first one I've gotten on ps4. So I rec the game for those looking for relatively easy plats albeit a little bit time consuming at around 46 hours in as of this post.  But I'm a pretty lackadaisical player so others likely would finish in a much shorter time.

#73 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1706 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:09 AM

If I wanted to browse the indie sale on Sony’s terrible website instead of on psprices, would anybody have that direct link for me?

#74 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:34 AM

AFAIK, sale pages don't work on the old site. Up until now I've just been using Frisky's list or looking at my wishlist. I'll have to use Psprices now.

#75 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13836 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:42 AM

60th post in the thread is me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro you're 59. Learn to count.

#76 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13836 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:43 AM

AFAIK, sale pages don't work on the old site. Up until now I've just been using Frisky's list or looking at my wishlist. I'll have to use Psprices now.

Yeah he really left a lot of people high and dry here.

#77 erikjo  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:59 AM

Yeah he really left a lot of people high and dry here.

That seems like a pretty entitled thing to say...

#78 GamerSavage   Steppin Wolf CAGiversary!   1806 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:23 AM

Thanks to psunami for starting a fresh thread and thanks again to Frisky for all of the hard work over the years.

Looked through the Indie Sale and strangely nothing besides Brunswick Pro Billiards stands out to me. Can I get some game recommendations to check out so I don't miss out on anything?

#79 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3970 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:41 AM

Are you referring to the old PS store site? 

I've added the most recent sale listings, on the new PS Store site, to the Wiki and will try to keep up with that better from now on. 

Let me know if there is anything I can do to try and help.

#80 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:56 AM

I got confused and thought he was asking about the link to the classic PS store.

#81 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71460 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:47 AM

If I wanted to browse the indie sale on Sony’s terrible website instead of on psprices, would anybody have that direct link for me?

The one in the OP?

#82 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4639 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:08 AM

Serious question, for those complaining about how much you hate the web store experience, have you tried the app store on mobile? I find it to be quite easy to navigate through the deals.

#83 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 03:36 PM

Bro you're 59. Learn to count.

It was 60 when I posted at the time a post above me got deleted it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#84 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1470 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:48 PM

Wooo new thread! Thanks for all you do, Frisky.

#85 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9767 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:05 PM

I know no one really cares but TT Isle of Man 2 just got a patch today that allows it to run on PS5. Brings the incompatible game list down to 6.

#86 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:13 PM

Can you no longer buy the first season of Hitman? Every time I click get access under hitman 2 menu, it says content no longer available.

#87 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3970 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:29 PM

A few PS4 games on sale for a weekend deal.

https://store.playst...-9d4f54b56041/1

GTA V: Premium Edition  - $14.99

Red Dead Redemption 2 - $29.99

Mafia Trilogy - $38.99

Mafia: Definitive Edition - $29.99

UFC4 Deluxe Edition - $34.99

#88 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:15 PM

Can you no longer buy the first season of Hitman? Every time I click get access under hitman 2 menu, it says content no longer available.

I still see Hitman GOTY under the store, is it possible you already redeemed it from when it was on PS+ last year?

#89 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:24 AM

I still see Hitman GOTY under the store, is it possible you already redeemed it from when it was on PS+ last year?

Hmm probably I’ve been a plus subscriber for like 8 years, I wonder why it won’t let me download. For reference I currently own for honor which was the other plus game that month.

#90 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4142 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:35 AM

Hmm probably I’ve been a plus subscriber for like 8 years, I wonder why it won’t let me download. For reference I currently own for honor which was the other plus game that month.

Try a license restore and see if that fixes it.