* * * - - 8 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#1891 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3213 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:59 PM

You need to delete the PS+ version and download the free “Intergrade upgrade for PS4 owners” with the disc in.

I never installed the ps+ version, but will try accessing the upgrade with the play disc in.  Thanks.

#1892 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7052 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:05 PM

You just need the disc in the drive to redeem the free PS5 upgrade. You do not need to delete your PS+ digital version if you have it downloaded.

#1893 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:09 PM

You just need the disc in the drive to redeem the free PS5 upgrade. You do not need to delete your PS+ digital version if you have it downloaded.

Though I’m not sure why you’d want both versions on there anyway.

#1894 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7052 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, eventually it would make sense to delete the PS+ version to free up space.

#1895 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:23 PM

Hmmm….I wonder if I were to borrow the game from someone and use that to upgrade it, would it then upgrade the Plus edition too so that I wouldn’t need to buy it. Basically at this point it’s like a $60 upgrade for better textures and frame rate.

#1896 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:36 PM

If you didn't know that the PS+ version of FF7R doesn't upgrade, it's because you haven't read... anything. It was all over everything, from promotional materials, announcements, to the claim pages of the actual PS+ version, etc. It was all there from the very beginning. You've had months to complain about this.

#1897 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:37 PM

Hmmm….I wonder if I were to borrow the game from someone and use that to upgrade it, would it then upgrade the Plus edition too so that I wouldn’t need to buy it. Basically at this point it’s like a $60 upgrade for better textures and frame rate.

Considering the upgrade you'd be downloading literally says "Disc Version" in the title, I imagine it would look for the disc in the drive every time you attempted to run it.

#1898 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

If you didn't know that the PS+ version of FF7R doesn't upgrade, it's because you haven't read... anything. It was all over everything, from promotional materials, announcements, to the claim pages of the actual PS+ version, etc. It was all there from the very beginning. You've had months to complain about this.

Yep, it was definitely broadcasted loudly when the PS+ version was released. A lot of people did complain about it. But it is what it is. Only reason I held onto my disc after it came to PS+.

#1899 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7017 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:47 PM

Still worth complaining about it now.

#1900 wampler13   That's just ,like, your opinion, man! CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:48 PM

Just as much a sh*t move now as it was then!

#1901 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:56 PM

It’s a dick move that Square had months to reconsider but didn’t.

#1902 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:00 PM

It's still stupid how complicated Sony made it to upgrade to PS5 versions of games, as well as moving saves. You also have to toggle between versions of a game if you have PS4 and Ps5 installed, which can be pretty confusing….

#1903 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:02 PM

Considering the upgrade you'd be downloading literally says "Disc Version" in the title, I imagine it would look for the disc in the drive every time you attempted to run it.

Yeah, the disk version upgrade always requires the disk, even if you have the digital version.  If there is a digital version upgrade of the game that upgrade is different.  Sony has always been kinda weird about that, whereas XBox changes over to not requiring the disk seamlessly if you later purchase the digital version (and there is no real "upgrade process" for the Series X, it just knows hey there is a better free upgraded version for your console, let me get that for you).  I had to fight the PS5 for a while to get my PS4 disk Crash 4 to upgrade and install the PS5 version, but every upgrade I've had on Series X just patches, moves over save files and just works.

• awp likes this

#1904 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5844 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:30 PM

Still worth complaining about it now.

No it's not. The free upgrade is for people who buy the game. Claiming it on PS+ is obviously not buying it.

#1905 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3213 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:51 PM

Yeah this whole release is just an unnecessary mess.  It's on both Sony and SE.  It's magnified by the fact that it's a ps5 release that sony really needs.

Huge fan of the original FFVII.  But personally just holding out for the pc and/or game pass version for all the extra content.

#1906 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71069 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:00 PM

It’s a dick move that Square had months to reconsider but didn’t.

Square Enix likes being a dick because people pay them more money that way. That's why none of their DQ or FF games really go on sale for much less than 50% at any point and they'll do things like delisting DQXI for the worse looking DQXI S so that that's your only option on the digital storefronts.

#1907 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71069 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:02 PM

We're streaming this Summer Game Fest show that's going on now.

Or you can check out the main stream.

Announcements

• Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Standalone game - 2022
  • Metal Slug Tactics with DotEmu
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5 - Coming Soon
  • Jurassic Park Evolution 2 - PS5/PS4 - 2021
  • Salt & Sacrifice - Salt & Sanctuary sequel - PS5/PS4 - 2022
  • Solar Ash trailer
  • Two Point Campus - 2022
  • Smite x Stranger Things Crossover
  • Rocket League Fast & Furious cars coming back 6/17
  • PayDay 3
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes - 10/22
  • Tales of Arise - 9/10
  • Paladins X Gen:Lock Crossover
  • 2B Nier Automata Costume coming to Fall Guys
  • Deviation Games announced partnership with PlayStation - Former Call of Duty & Blizzard devs
  • Evil Dead: The Game - 4v1 MP game - 2021 - PS5/PS4
  • Elden Ring teaser - 1/21/22

#1908 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:08 PM

Sony shipped these controllers a day earlier where everyone who pre-ordered directly from them will get'em today(or soon) where you all have to be on the lookout for it since they don't give out an email / text with a tracking number especially since most of the delivery drivers will just drop this off at your front door without ringing the doorbell or without a few knocks on the door.

#1909 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:23 PM

Man, I really hope the Death Stranding Director’s Cut is a free upgrade. I want to restart the game so bad but have been waiting to finally get a PS5.

Also lol at the Metal Gear tease.

#1910 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:30 PM

Man, I really hope the Death Stranding Director’s Cut is a free upgrade. I want to restart the game so bad but have been waiting to finally get a PS5.

Also lol at the Metal Gear tease.

Might reinstall the PS4 version and finish it before the PS5 one hits lol

Also, I still believe that game that was announced, Abandoned, is a Kojima game.

#1911 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:41 PM

Might reinstall the PS4 version and finish it before the PS5 one hits lol

Also, I still believe that game that was announced, Abandoned, is a Kojima game.

Are you talking about this: https://www.eurogame...-collab-rumours

I didn’t even know that was a thing. I missed that stuff entirely.

I was actually talking about Norman Reedus considering the box camo in the new DS trailer.

#1912 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:49 PM

Sony shipped these controllers a day earlier where everyone who pre-ordered directly from them will get'em today(or soon) where you all have to be on the lookout for it since they don't give out an email / text with a tracking number especially since most of the delivery drivers will just drop this off at your front door without ringing the doorbell or without a few knocks on the door.

Yeah, mine just arrived and I was puzzled what it was until I opened it.  The website still says "Preparing to Ship" but I noticed the other day they had already charged my card.  Oddly enough the packing slip on the inside did not list name or pretty much anything else other than the controller.  Not sure if this is how Direct works normally, as I've never ordered anything from there before.

I got the "red" one, and I like the color even though the color is probably more magenta than red.

#1913 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71069 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:58 PM

https://blog.playsta...ements-june-11/

The Persistence is getting a non-VR enhanced edition on PS5. Free upgrade for PS4 owners out tomorrow.

#1914 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:00 PM

Elden Ring. Holy shit.

#1915 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71069 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:09 PM

https://blog.playsta...to-playstation/

Tom Happ announced Axiom Verge 2 is also coming to PlayStation 4 at launch this Summer and is hoping to get the PS5 version out around then, too.

#1916 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:16 PM

https://blog.playsta...ements-june-11/

The Persistence is getting a non-VR enhanced edition on PS5. Free upgrade for PS4 owners out tomorrow.

PS4 version is also on sale with a bigger discount if you have PS+

#1917 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:37 PM

Elden Ring. Holy shit.

Am I the only one disappointed? Looks like Dark Souls 4 when Sekiro and Bloodborne are superior games.

#1918 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6109 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:44 PM

Am I the only one disappointed? Looks like Dark Souls 4 when Sekiro and Bloodborne are superior games.

No offense, but there’s no way to make that assessment with a trailer that short. I see a ton of influences from Sekiro (and a little Bloodborne, but more Sekiro) in the trailer. I’m just glad it still has the vibe of a souls game and didn’t lean hard into a fantasy setting or end up looking like an off brand Elder Scrolls or something.

I’m optimistic but want to see more. Definitely day one buy for me though.

#1919 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:18 PM

I’m so glad I held off playing through the rest of FF 7 Remake before the Intergrade update (had only been on Chapter 5). It feels so much better now. I’ve come to realize that it’s really, really hard to play anything at 30 FPS this gen. So dive in if you’ve got a PS5.

#1920 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:21 AM

https://playoverwatc.../news/23684155/

Overwatch is getting cross-play support soon. Seems like you'll need a Battle.net account with your PSN account linked to it to keep playing the game with or without cross-play. No cross-progression support.

Will you be able to play with KB&M on PS4?