* * * * - 10 votes

Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

#2521 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2905 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 31 July 2021 - 06:55 PM

This is insane! I cannot buy it digitally until the DC is out? And then I have to pay full price and wait for THAT to go on sale? Sony, Sony, Sony...

You don't "have" to do anything. 

#2522 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11248 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 06:57 PM

This is insane! I cannot buy it digitally until the DC is out? And then I have to pay full price and wait for THAT to go on sale? Sony, Sony, Sony...

You could always buy a physical copy.

#2523 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 07:34 PM

This isn't a new thing; a great many games have been delisted once they've been superseded by other versions.  The last one I remember was Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age being removed and replaced with the supposedly inferior definitive edition.  However, there's a full list of delistings here if you wish to seek out the other games removed when never versions came out.

#2524 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1745 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 31 July 2021 - 07:50 PM

I think the base version of Death Stranding was also delisted in favor of the deluxe and DC ones.

#2525 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4392 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:38 PM

I think the base version of Death Stranding was also delisted in favor of the deluxe and DC ones.

They did it with spider man PS4 too

#2526 caggamers  

caggamers

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:46 PM

I mean, that's part of digital, really. They can pull or change the content if they want to, it's in the ToS and should be expected when a newer version is released. You're going to have to buy physical if you want that much control over your product or just accept that they have the right to delist or change digital games if they want to.

#2527 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4098 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:51 PM

GoT DC hhas the PS4 base version included. If you buy it now, you can play the vanilla game until the expansion comes out

#2528 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71292 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 August 2021 - 04:27 AM

#2529 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5755 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:43 AM

“Ended up putting my $$$$$$$$$ down on this one”

Fixed.

#2530 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1629 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:28 AM

I don’t get it. How does his & hers SSD help anything? You still have to fight over the PS5 for playtime. Plus, unless they have completely different tastes in games...

#2531 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:49 AM

I don’t get it. How does his & hers SSD help anything? You still have to fight over the PS5 for playtime. Plus, unless they have completely different tastes in games...

Plus installing the SSD is not as trivial as it is on the Series S|X. It's not just a plug and play thing.

(He says as a primary ps5 user with a series S for gamepass)

#2532 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71292 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 August 2021 - 02:01 PM

#2533 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:12 PM

Someone in this thread from the OC area was looking for a Buzz PS3 Bundle for Cheap. Here is your chance to get it for $11. Saw one in the glass window this evening at Bookoff Lakewood Mall for $11.

I called up right now and asked the guy to open up the box to make sure it had the dongle. It did not unfortunately. That's the 4th time the dongle was missing in my attempt to get the bundle. I've learned to call and make sure everything is there before making the drive. Thanks for looking out though.

#2534 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:22 PM

I'm sure you know, there are people selling Buzz PS3 with dongles on ebay, if you trust that route.

Some are auctions, some are buy it now.

I guess the value depends on how much you want to get it.

#2535 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:10 PM

I'm sure you know, there are people selling Buzz PS3 with dongles on ebay, if you trust that route.

Some are auctions, some are buy it now.

I guess the value depends on how much you want to get it.

Oh I know I can get it there but the price is too high. As I have already mentioned, I lost the dongle in a move so that's all I need but you can't just buy it separately for like $10 or whatever. Others here have gotten lucky finding them at goodwill and other thrift stores so I am still going the cheapassgamer route. I don't want to pay $30 plus for everything when all I need is that stupid dongle. The game is unplayable without it. I've considered the wired PS2 controllers but they are going for more than I want to spend.

#2536 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2021 - 08:58 PM

I got a crazy thought for you.   Ebay does have dongles for Guitar Hero for sale solo.

Maybe some research on whether you can use one from a different game.

Will that work? Probably not but maybe worth researching?

#2537 Sielanas  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:37 AM

Don't waste too much effort on the smooth brain ice cube.

I took the leap for my PS4 and got a 2TB SSD. I've got the update file on a thumbdrive. Anything I should know?

#2538 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:41 AM

Don't waste too much effort on the smooth brain ice cube.

I took the leap for my PS4 and got a 2TB SSD. I've got the update file on a thumbdrive. Anything I should know?

Sounds like you're good to go. Just make sure that it's the correct file download.  The update alone won't work.  You'll need the whole firmware for a new installation, "console reinstallation file".  Also name the file and its folder as they instruct.

#2539 Sielanas  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:24 PM

Sounds like you're good to go. Just make sure that it's the correct file download. The update alone won't work. You'll need the whole firmware for a new installation, "console reinstallation file". Also name the file and its folder as they instruct.

I did indeed not read properly and got the wrong one. I realize that the system is a bit odd when both have the same filename. Once that was done I had issues with my controller not wanting to connect/USB ports not responding. I couldn't even plug in a wired controller to do setup. Cables I know are good weren't working with controllers on other things to charge them. Reset button, found the highest quality cable I had, checked on PC, finally worked. I have 52 things in my download queue so far. Thankfully I have no data cap.

#2540 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71292 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 August 2021 - 04:08 PM

https://blog.playsta...nner-undertale/

PS Now for August:

Ghostrunner - Permanent

Nier: Automata - Ends 11/1

Undertale - Permanent

#2541 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:14 PM

too bad that's not this months plus games lineup instead. 

#2542 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:48 PM

He must mean they own two PS5s. I can't imagine Mark Cerny not being able to get his hands on two PS5s. Otherwise that comment is completely dumb.

#2543 Das_Regal   oh god CAGiversary!   1283 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:06 PM

He must mean they own two PS5s. I can't imagine Mark Cerny not being able to get his hands on two PS5s. Otherwise that comment is completely dumb.

The comment is dumb regardless. :)

#2544 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13833 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 03 August 2021 - 01:29 AM

The comment is dumb regardless. :)

*irregardless

#2545 Sielanas  

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:53 AM

*irregardless

I know it's in the dictionary now, Fuck you though

#2546 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71292 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 August 2021 - 02:03 PM

#2547 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71292 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 August 2021 - 04:01 PM

PS Now lineup is live:

Ghostrunner

Nier: Automata

Undertale

PS+ lineup is also live:

PS5/PS4 Hunter's Arena: Legends

Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville

Tennis World Tour 2

#2548 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24251 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2021 - 04:06 PM

Is anyone else having trouble signing into the PS Store/PSN acct? I just logged in a few days ago on another computer without issue and also on my PS3 without issue, but now, it's saying there's a log-in issue when I tried to log in on my work computer. 

EDIT* Nevermind... looks like they automatically assumed it was a hack because my work VPN showed me as being in NJ (which is where our work server is for the day) and they automatically locked by account. Great. Wish they would have given me an option to verify it was legit vs force me to change my password. 

#2549 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 03 August 2021 - 08:15 PM

PS Now lineup is live:

Ghostrunner
Nier: Automata
Undertale

PS+ lineup is also live:

PS5/PS4 Hunter's Arena: Legends
Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Tennis World Tour 2

I gotta rush home and download those Plus games!!! Actually, no……

#2550 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1842 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 03 August 2021 - 08:21 PM

I gotta rush home and download those Plus games!!! Actually, no……

Because you can easily do it remotely through the app, right?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk