- - - - -

Nvidia/AMD GPU Re-stock Thread

#31 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2021 - 11:21 PM

LOL. Not as badly as I want to keep my job.

Trust me, compared to a 3070 your job sucks

#32 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3988 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:02 AM

It's depressing as all get out to see the price gouging on the cards.  

Still hoping against hope to get a card at Best Buy since a few there are still at the MSRP pricing.  May take a while though.  

#33 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 04:47 AM

That's why I just went prebuilt.  By the time you factor in all the increased MSRP and forced bundles you aren't really saving much building your own system right now. 

I did discover that Alienware's RAM sucks hard.  They use some sort of custom RAM with a special XMP profile so you can't just buy another stick and pop it in there.  So my "simple" plan of just buying some cheap 8GB stick to drop in has turned into "Do I buy a pair of 16GB that's known to work or do I buy a second stick of crappy Alienware RAM from ebay?"

I'm leaning towards the after market because I don't want to be stuck with crappy Alienware RAM forever though I'll keep an eye out to see if I can get a cheap stick off eBay.

#34 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:37 AM

That's why I just went prebuilt.  By the time you factor in all the increased MSRP and forced bundles you aren't really saving much building your own system right now. 

I did discover that Alienware's RAM sucks hard.  They use some sort of custom RAM with a special XMP profile so you can't just buy another stick and pop it in there.  So my "simple" plan of just buying some cheap 8GB stick to drop in has turned into "Do I buy a pair of 16GB that's known to work or do I buy a second stick of crappy Alienware RAM from ebay?"

I'm leaning towards the after market because I don't want to be stuck with crappy Alienware RAM forever though I'll keep an eye out to see if I can get a cheap stick off eBay.

You can't just get the voltage and specs from the SPD tab in CPU-Z and match?

Edit: To clarify tone, I don't mean this rhetorically. I suspect there is more to it (though don't know for sure) and may just be asking you to elaborate :D

#35 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:42 AM

You can't just get the voltage and specs from the SPD tab in CPU-Z and match?

Edit: To clarify tone, I don't mean this rhetorically. I suspect there is more to it (though don't know for sure) and may just be asking you to elaborate :D

I'm not sure.  In theory that should work, but I think the main issue is that the RAM that comes with the machine is custom-spec'd in a way it does not play nice with RAM readily available on the market.  It also has somewhat odd CL timings.  From what I've read on multiple forums I haven't found a person that has been able to pair the RAM that comes with the machine with any other stick on the market and there's only a handful of retail offerings that seem to work due to the odd XMP profiles the systems use.

#36 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16995 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:15 PM

Over 90% of the people here are filthy console plebs arguing over whose underpowered brick has the better 60fps resolution. They don't care about vastly superior personal computers, or how there's so much more a computer is capable of, or how their consoles are becoming nothing more than facsimiles of budget Windows desktops.

Also, keep in mind that us PC gamers are usually older with good-paying jobs and can afford more expensive products. Good attempt, though.

Also keep in mind you’re a dbag.

#37 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1377 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 20 May 2021 - 02:19 PM

I'm not sure.  In theory that should work, but I think the main issue is that the RAM that comes with the machine is custom-spec'd in a way it does not play nice with RAM readily available on the market.  It also has somewhat odd CL timings.  From what I've read on multiple forums I haven't found a person that has been able to pair the RAM that comes with the machine with any other stick on the market and there's only a handful of retail offerings that seem to work due to the odd XMP profiles the systems use.

Ah, okay. I see. I guess you could always return something if it doesn't work, but it is a hassle.

You could also sell off your Alienware stick on eBay yourself, I suppose, if you buy all new modules.

#38 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7427 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:34 PM

Graphic cards are up on Best Buy.

#39 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3988 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:16 PM

Graphic cards are up on Best Buy.

But were they really? 

Sat on please waiting for 35 minutes when I added it to cart and then it was gone.  

I'm reaching the realization that I should just skip this generation of cards.  They're way overpriced at this point and largely unavailable.  

#40 toska  

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:25 PM

it always keeps me on please waiting
when it turns yellow says sold out

really cool

#41 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7427 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:49 PM

But were they really?

Sat on please waiting for 35 minutes when I added it to cart and then it was gone.

I'm reaching the realization that I should just skip this generation of cards. They're way overpriced at this point and largely unavailable.

I was able to get a 3060 but it wasn't really the one I was going for. Figure I have the best chance at it as oppose to the other high end ones.

#42 mocheese  

mocheese

Posted 27 May 2021 - 05:20 PM

For those that have a legit BBFB account they currently have RTX 3060 & Radeon RX 6700 XT instock. I was able to score a few RTXs over the past month. Plus a couple monster hunter rise collector edition.

Incase someone ask BBFB = Best Buy for business. This account is different from the consumer BBY account and requires a account manager.

#43 Sielanas  

Posted 28 May 2021 - 05:35 AM

But were they really?

I'm reaching the realization that I should just skip this generation of cards. They're way overpriced at this point and largely unavailable.

Trying to convince a friend to go console for this reason instead of getting a new PC. Like me, his old card is fine for games but am upgrade is needed at some point.

#44 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3988 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2021 - 05:51 AM

Trying to convince a friend to go console for this reason instead of getting a new PC. Like me, his old card is fine for games but am upgrade is needed at some point.

One of my major reasons for moving to a new card is to be able to sell my old one to a friend so he can use it for work/gaming.  Outside of that, the card that I have currently is able to manage most of my PC games without any issues.

#45 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

3080ti reveal May 31 !

#46 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3473 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:08 PM

3080ti reveal May 31 !

Bot defense engaged.

#47 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7427 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:23 AM

It's official, release date June 3rd for 3080 Ti and June 10th 3070 Ti.

https://www.google.c...ti-gaming-gpus/

#48 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3473 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:29 AM

Outrageous price. Probably would have been cheaper if it weren't for miners and bots. The 3080 launch price was somewhat of a back to reality moment after the 2080 ti's ludicrous price, but of course we all see the current prices.

#49 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7427 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:25 PM

Newegg shuffle
https://www.newegg.com/product-shuffle

#50 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:29 PM

When the 3080s came out I said the pricing was ridiculous and a sign of worse things to come, but you fools kept going on and on about the "value" of it performing better than a 2080TI or something bla bla bla.  Well this is what you guys get.

Anyway, my Alienware came in and I have it up and running.  Oddly shaped feller with cramped insides, but surprisingly easy to get into and work on.  Upgraded the RAM, added an NVME, SSD, replaced the HDD.  So far so good.  I had to exchange my new monitor because of a defect so once it comes in I'll be able to see how well it does. 

#51 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11533 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:39 PM

When the 3080s came out I said the pricing was ridiculous and a sign of worse things to come, but you fools kept going on and on about the "value" of it performing better than a 2080TI or something bla bla bla.  Well this is what you guys get.

Pretty sure it would have gone the same way even if we had whined and bitched back in October.

#52 Bobby777  

Posted 02 June 2021 - 01:40 AM

I’ve heard that some Best Buy’s will be selling the 3080 TI in store on June 3rd so you might want to check with your local Best Buy tomorrow if they will have 3080 TI’s in store.

#53 sjchmura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

sjchmura

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:21 PM

When the 3080s came out I said the pricing was ridiculous and a sign of worse things to come, but you fools kept going on and on about the "value" of it performing better than a 2080TI or something bla bla bla. Well this is what you guys get.

Anyway, my Alienware came in and I have it up and running. Oddly shaped feller with cramped insides, but surprisingly easy to get into and work on. Upgraded the RAM, added an NVME, SSD, replaced the HDD. So far so good. I had to exchange my new monitor because of a defect so once it comes in I'll be able to see how well it does.

Did you get air cooling or water? How is the noise?

Is the nvme pci 4? I even emailed support, did chat, no one at dell can tell me if the nvme upgrade is pcie3 or 4 - with direct storage coming you need 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#54 mocheese  

mocheese

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:14 PM

For those that have a legit BBFB account they currently have RTX 3060 & Radeon RX 6700 XT instock. I was able to score a few RTXs over the past month. Plus a couple monster hunter rise collector edition.

Incase someone ask BBFB = Best Buy for business. This account is different from the consumer BBY account and requires a account manager.

Orders delivered!
BBFB Shipping still sucks. You would think they would ship these expensive items in a Box! Amiibo is all smashed up.

#55 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7427 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:47 PM

#56 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:57 PM

https://corporate.be...m_source=NVIDIA

check to see if a select BB near you might have a 3080ti ticket tomorrow morning 730am!     best of luck for those out hunting!    

#57 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 12:08 AM

lol, did you not look above?

Anyway, I don't have time to drive to Champaign to maybe get one, as I have work in the morning and there's no way I'd be able to make it.  Honestly more than I want to pay for a GPU anyway, but good luck to all those trying tomorrow!

#58 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7427 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 03 June 2021 - 12:12 AM

I heard there's already a line at some Best Buy.

#59 Zee3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:36 AM

theres pretty much a line at every store and there's talk that Pensacola location is lying about their stock so the employees can have at it. their stocks are 40-65 and that specific location was telling ppl they only had 20

lol, did you not look above?

Anyway, I don't have time to drive to Champaign to maybe get one, as I have work in the morning and there's no way I'd be able to make it.  Honestly more than I want to pay for a GPU anyway, but good luck to all those trying tomorrow!

#60 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:39 AM

I can see this going very badly. Best Buy needs to step up on more inventory,limit customers and employees and finally,fix the forsaken checkout system to prevent scriptbots any chance(not likely but still).