- - - - -

Nintendo Switch OLED Re-stock Thread

#331 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7544 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:04 PM

My wife bought a 3D printed clip for the Switch and Pro Controller a long while ago. Looks like it still fits the OLED though it did seem a little snugger.

Also tried my Orzly grip on it and it also fits but very tightly. I'm not sure if I'll keep using it, might be a little too tight on there.

Going to look at my tempered glass screen protector for the original Switch later. They usually come in packs so I had a second left over. I don't think it's going to work, though. The front looks totally different.

#332 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:11 PM

got a blue n red off best buy for next week. was in line on line for a while before it finally let me add to cart...did try for the white one first but It was sold out so I tried again for the red n blue and it went thru 

#333 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   8282 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:27 PM

White OLED

https://www.amazon.c...e60984245248841

#334 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:45 PM

My "Backordered" Target white Switch shipped, and will supposedly be here on Tuesday. Works for me. I got the screen protectors the other day, so I'm all set. I guess the only other thing I need is another Switch case. I've been rocking my LoZ Breath of the Wild collector's case since day one. (I'm planning on keeping my launch unit.)

Any case recommendations?

#335 themidgardknight   Runner Nerd CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

themidgardknight

Posted 08 October 2021 - 09:10 PM

I didn't preorder, but visited one of my local Gamestops. The shop got 12 switches total (6 white & 6 neon blue/red.) Of the 12, 8 were pre-orders (5 white & 3 neon.) I was first in line at 5:45 am this morning, with another guy who rolled up at 6:15 am. We were the only people until a couple people came for pokemon cards at 8:30. At 9 am the line had about a dozen people waiting. With only 4 switches available. Feel bad for em, but I made sure I was getting that final, white switch. I played some Grindstone and Metroid Dread and it was definitely worth the long morning: the vivid mode looks GREAT. Hope those of you waiting get your OLED's soon!!!

#336 elguapo12  

elguapo12

Posted 09 October 2021 - 01:14 AM

I got lucky, checked on google just to see. One target 30 mins from me in dallas had a blue& red one. Going to pick it up tomorrow, can't believe how lucky that was.

#337 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5772 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:22 AM

Oh man, I just found out that the non-OLED Switch isn't going to get a price drop.  Ah come on Nintendo, throw in a free game or something; especially for the Switch Lite.

#338 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:43 AM

Oh man, I just found out that the non-OLED Switch isn't going to get a price drop. Ah come on Nintendo, throw in a free game or something; especially for the Switch Lite.

Previous years Nintendo has done bundles with a game.

#339 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5305 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:48 AM

Oh man, I just found out that the non-OLED Switch isn't going to get a price drop. Ah come on Nintendo, throw in a free game or something; especially for the Switch Lite.

I'm guessing they'll clear out remaining inventory with a black Friday bundle and phase that one out.

#340 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2382 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:51 AM

I'm guessing they'll clear out remaining inventory with a black Friday bundle and phase that one out.

Would they dare bring back the Mario kart bundle yet again for $299…

#341 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 09 October 2021 - 05:09 AM

I got lucky, checked on google just to see. One target 30 mins from me in dallas had a blue& red one. Going to pick it up tomorrow, can't believe how lucky that was.

Lucky, I’m curious how long these will be sold out for? I had one preordered way back and canceled it, now I’m considering it again.

Was lucky enough to get the last copy of Metroid Dread Special Edition at Target at 1am yesterday (it said only one left, I’m guessing that was only one left in the area and not nation wide? Lol)

#342 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 05:33 AM

Would they dare bring back the Mario kart bundle yet again for $299…

Lol it’s gonna happen. I’d bet on it. This time I could see them being v2 switches however with the longer battery life.

#343 bigbadboaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   466 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

bigbadboaz

Posted 09 October 2021 - 06:36 AM

Yeah they still wouldn't have any trouble selling that..

#344 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10582 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 09 October 2021 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for those that posted about the GameStop trade in value for Pro members. Traded in my regular Switch last night for $260 in store credit.

#345 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone had a OLED Switch ship from Walmart?

#346 Killfathobbit  

Killfathobbit

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:28 PM

Nope crickets from Walmart.

#347 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 09 October 2021 - 02:38 PM

Lucky, I’m curious how long these will be sold out for? I had one preordered way back and canceled it, now I’m considering it again.

Was lucky enough to get the last copy of Metroid Dread Special Edition at Target at 1am yesterday (it said only one left, I’m guessing that was only one left in the area and not nation wide? Lol)

Probably till next year

The Holidays are coming up and everyones a scalper

Dont let your FOMO get the best of you for something so mediocre

#348 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2382 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:00 PM

Dont let your FOMO get the best of you for something so mediocre

I mean, no doubt the OLED is the best iteration yet. Incremental but not mediocre.

#349 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10210 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 03:48 PM

Check this out.  My red/blue neon Switch from Target was delivered today, and the second order for a white model is still on backorder until Oct 22. 

OLED-switch.jpg

Yep. 

#350 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 04:18 PM

Yeah they still wouldn't have any trouble selling that..

No one said they would

#351 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 19.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 04:20 PM

Check this out. My red/blue neon Switch from Target was delivered today, and the second order for a white model is still on backorder until Oct 22.

OLED-switch.jpg

Yep.

The screen is red and blue … you’re fine 😜

#352 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 09 October 2021 - 05:03 PM

I was able to snag a white OLED from Amazon yesterday and it just shipped for Monday delivery, along with some glass screen protectors I threw in. When I first ordered it, it didn't give me an estimated delivery date, so I made a back-up order at Best Buy just in case Amazon was canceled. However, I had $35 in courtesy credit with Amazon (they lost my husband's new computer case and sent him a second one with some courtesy credit), so I'm glad they shipped. Once I safely have the OLED in my hands, I'll cancel Best Buy (that one won't be ready at my local store until Wednesday). Now, I use the word safely because Amazon decided to ship via USPS. God help me.

I was on the fence about the OLED when it was announced, but I play a ton of handheld so I decided to make the jump, and my Switch is a launch model that's beginning to show some age. I guess I'll be selling to Gamestop to avoid the ebay nightmare. Hopefully they'll still do the $260 credit next week, but if not, no big deal. I won't trade in my old one until I have a new one in hand and $220 is still a great amount of credit.

#353 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:22 PM

The OLED Switch is…better than I thought it would be. Lots of good QOL improvements. I was mad it wasn’t faster, but the screen IS a big improvement. 

#354 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7544 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:58 PM

Any grip recommendations yet? My old one technically fits, but it covers up the volume buttons and headphone jack, so I can't really use it.

I think I'm going to try my old screen protector, though.

#355 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2040 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2021 - 01:27 AM

Any grip recommendations yet? My old one technically fits, but it covers up the volume buttons and headphone jack, so I can't really use it.

I think I'm going to try my old screen protector, though.

https://www.satisfye...ts/zengrip-oled

#356 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7544 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2021 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, not wanting to wait until the end of November.

#357 dirtybeefz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2021 - 02:40 AM

Yeah, not wanting to wait until the end of November.

This grip fits the oled. works great and it’s cheap.

https://www.amazon.c...ob_b_asin_title

#358 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2021 - 03:12 AM

This grip fits the oled. works great and it’s cheap.

https://www.amazon.c...ob_b_asin_title

1 of the picture it shows makes it seems like it only works for the standard switch system.

#359 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7544 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2021 - 03:15 AM

There's also a question with a response from the seller saying it isn't compatible with the OLED.

#360 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5305 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 October 2021 - 03:26 AM

The OLED Switch is…better than I thought it would be. Lots of good QOL improvements. I was mad it wasn’t faster, but the screen IS a big improvement.

Yeah the screen looks really great. Playing Metroid dread and the colors are just bleeding off the screen. I don't play handheld a ton, but this is definitely going to make me play more. The screen size is awesome too, I didn't expect the small increase to feel so much bigger.