- - - - -

Nintendo Switch OLED Re-stock Thread

#451 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1434 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:31 PM

Just got a $15 Walmart credit for asking them what's up with the delay lol.

Going to just check in with them daily at this point.

Hmm…time to try my luck I guess

Edit: Just tried and they sent an escalation form on my behalf. We’ll see if it works.

#452 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:24 PM

My walmart order just got canceled.

Mine was just canceled, as well.  I don't understand why.  I placed the order back in July and there's nothing wrong with the payment.  They should not just arbitrarily cancel orders.  They should fullfill them as the systems become available.

#453 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4535 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:28 PM

Mine was just canceled, as well.  I don't understand why.  I placed the order back in July and there's nothing wrong with the payment.  They should not just arbitrarily cancel orders.  They should fullfill them as the systems become available.

What did the cancellation say?

#454 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3519 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:30 PM

That's rough. I used to be envious of the people who had a $300 adjusted preorder. Almost seems like wm just now realized they made a pricing mistake.

#455 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:30 PM

What is the time on your order received email?

I'm still holding out hope!  Mine is still in the delayed status.

#456 Leowned   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:34 PM

Hmm…time to try my luck I guess

Edit: Just tried and they sent an escalation form on my behalf. We’ll see if it works.

I got the "escalation" as well. There's no guarantee it won't still be cancelled but might be worth hitting up walmart chat in case the escalation actually does something to prevent cancellation. 

#457 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:39 PM

What you all mean by the whole "escalation" thing?

#458 solidgoomba   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

solidgoomba

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:51 PM

What you all mean by the whole "escalation" thing?

If you contact Walmart support on their site they'll "escalate" your order. Dunno what exactly that means other than you contacted them cause you were curious about your product. After the lady I spoke with told me that if my order isn't on hand in 11 days or something they'd cancel it I told her I'd prefer they not cancel it due to the limited availability of the item and she said she'd put a note on the order to not cancel it. Whether it'll do anything remains to be seen, but I remain hopeful as I've gone from ordering the OLED for a friend who couldn't snag a pre-order to wanting it for myself. 

For those who have had orders cancelled, did you get yours at regular msrp or the $299 units?

#459 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 06:58 PM

If you contact Walmart support on their site they'll "escalate" your order. Dunno what exactly that means other than you contacted them cause you were curious about your product. After the lady I spoke with told me that if my order isn't on hand in 11 days or something they'd cancel it I told her I'd prefer they not cancel it due to the limited availability of the item and she said she'd put a note on the order to not cancel it. Whether it'll do anything remains to be seen, but I remain hopeful as I've gone from ordering the OLED for a friend who couldn't snag a pre-order to wanting it for myself. 

For those who have had orders cancelled, did you get yours at regular msrp or the $299 units?

Oh okay well then mine has been escalated for a while now because i've contacted them like 5x lol.

#460 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12458 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:32 PM

Looks like 1 of my 2 OLEDs lived today. The other has been lost in transit of 2 days.

Geat job again GameStop and FedEx!

#461 Kojiro   Mad Scientist CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:34 PM

You all were not kidding...just picked up my Oled from BB and the system screen, latches, and body had dust like a mofo

Weird, mine had a couple tiny flakes on the plastic bag but the console itself was perfectly pristine. Didn't even have to use the wipes or stickers with my AMfilm protector.

#462 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4535 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:34 PM

Has walmart shipped anyones $300 oled switch?

#463 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:36 PM

Has walmart shipped anyones $300 oled switch?

I don't think Walmart has shipped ANY OLED Switches period.

#464 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:58 PM

What did the cancellation say?

Bulk order.  So I actually ordered one for myself and one for my son.  They canceled one and the other one is still active but says it is delayed.

#465 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:59 PM

What is the time on your order received email?

I'm still holding out hope!  Mine is still in the delayed status.

I ordered mine on July 16th.

#466 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:14 AM

Just googled and found this article with an update today...

https://hothardware....rgatory-walmart

Update, 10/13/21: After the quoted pre-order delivery date came and went without actual delivery of the Switch OLED, my order status changed from "Placed" to "Delayed," where it remains at the time of this article update. However, I have some potentially good (nay, great) news to share.

I spoke on the phone with a representative from Walmart, who said there were some initial logistic issues (not uncommon during the pandemic), but that those have been sorted out. I'm told Switch OLED pre-orders have already begun shipping. Furthermore, the rep told me orders will go out by end of today for everyone who pre-ordered the console (a point I wanted to clarify, as I wasn't just inquiring about my own order).

When asked if the order status would change soon for people who pre-ordered the Switch OLED, the rep wasn't sure, but was going to track down an answer and get back to me. With any luck, however, it will be a moot point by this evening or tomorrow morning, by which time hopefully everyone who pre-ordered a Switch OLED will have some clarity on when it will arrive.

#467 brahma_bull_boy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

brahma_bull_boy

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:06 AM

Thanks purbeast.  My Walmart order is still showing delayed.  I'll check in the morning to see if anything has changed based on the article.  On another note, I did find OLED white version in the wild at AAFES.  I picked it up with the anticpation  that Walmart will cancel my order with it being "delayed."  

#468 bers817  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for this too purbeast, for a second I didn’t think I’d be getting a switch.

#469 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:09 AM

Looks like it's not true though since my stuff is still in the same status lol.

#470 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:20 PM

Looks like it's not true though since my stuff is still in the same status lol.

Yeah, I'm expecting cancelation

#471 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:43 PM

Yeah, I'm expecting cancelation

I'm not canceling mine.

It sucks though because that was the one I was going to keep since it's $50 cheaper than any of the other ones I got.  But I want to have an OLED one next week for my flights so I am probably going to open one of my other ones now.  Although I could just use my launch Switch but the battery on that thing is suss.

#472 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:15 PM

I'm not canceling mine.

It sucks though because that was the one I was going to keep since it's $50 cheaper than any of the other ones I got. But I want to have an OLED one next week for my flights so I am probably going to open one of my other ones now. Although I could just use my launch Switch but the battery on that thing is suss.

I'm not voluntarily cancelling mine, but I'm expecting Walmart will just up and do that, regardless of any promises they've made in chat or random internet articles.

On the plus side, just found the white one at a local wally world and for $332.50, oddly enough.

#473 bers817  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:32 PM

Mine says “arriving today” probably will turn into “delayed” soon.

#474 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1189 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:25 PM

Mine says “arriving today” probably will turn into “delayed” soon.

If it hasn't changed any status passed "placed" then nothing will happen.  No way you will get yours before people who were supposed to have it around launch day.

#475 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:04 PM

Target finally came through. Got mine today and successfully put on the screen protector. Haven’t actually turned it on yet, but now I can stop dreading that. I dreamed about that damn screen protector last night. Done it a bunch of times but it always makes me nervous…

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their pre-orders!

#476 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2771 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 06:45 PM

Target finally came through. Got mine today and successfully put on the screen protector. Haven’t actually turned it on yet, but now I can stop dreading that. I dreamed about that damn screen protector last night. Done it a bunch of times but it always makes me nervous…

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their pre-orders!

What screen protector did you use. I want the Hori one but it doesn’t come out until the 26th.

#477 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:31 PM

What screen protector did you use. I want the Hori one but it doesn’t come out until the 26th.

The amFilm tempered glass, in a steamy bathroom, with the hinge method. I’ve used their protectors on a bunch of devices. They seem fine.

I’d be curious to try the Orzly ones since they come with the alignment template.

#478 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   933 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 07:36 PM

Hori one probably isn’t good. Wasn’t good for the original switch or lite. It’s just a thin sheet of plastic. I believe it’s the same one you get when you buy one of the nintendo branded carry cases….they could have changed it tho.

#479 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1593 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:17 PM

The amFilm tempered glass, in a steamy bathroom, with the hinge method. I’ve used their protectors on a bunch of devices. They seem fine.

I’d be curious to try the Orzly ones since they come with the alignment template.

My screen protector went on perfectly even without the template/hinge, though like everyone else I had to clean the screen before putting it on. I was very gentle, using a lens cloth and there is a slight adhesive residue that you can see behind the screen at certain angles with the screen off. I think the quality of the adhesive wasn't great on mine or it reacted with the humidity a bit.

#480 toska  

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:00 PM

walked into my gamestop ans they had some oleds white
told me fedex just dropped them off an hour ago

call you local i guess