- - - - -

2022 Thrift Store AND Yard Sale Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

#61 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2245 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:37 PM

I'm behind in posts, this happened years back and I never caught up.  I'll start with this weekend.

Finds 7/23/22

Woke up late, stopped at a garage sale that advertised "Xbox and Nintendo" anyway.  

IMG_0426.JPG

Fire red 3DS with Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7 and a 4gb memory card, $20. 

I only got to this because I bought an OG 360, console only, for $10 and it reminded her that she hadn't put the 3DS in the sale yet.  Not gonna bother with a photo of the 360 as I probably should have passed on it.  Only other gaming related item she had was an open package of 3rd party Wii power wires for $10.  Pass.

That was the only garage sale I was able to hit for the day for reasons you will see below.

Funnel sign edit.jpg

It got a little rough, but nothing major.  But it put an end to garage sales for the day as rain was constant.  Started hitting up flea markets.

IMG_0425.JPG

Yeah, Jade Cocoon was $19!  It was in a display case near the front, only game in the case.  Couldn't believe it was just sitting there.  It was missing the manual though and I'll have to replace the jewel case.  Was excited to find D.C. Cab, it is factory sealed but is torn almost all the way around.  I intended to watch it anyway!

#62 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2022 - 03:30 PM

It was 100 degrees in Baltimore this past Saturday but it was also my wife's birthday, so I offered to take the baby out yard saling so she could have a quiet morning. There were more sales out than I expected but unfortunately I missed out on games pretty much everywhere...except for the last place I went to. In that case, a buddy told me not to bother going since he had already been through, but I still had some time to kill so I figured what the heck and went. I'm glad I did, because my buddy missed out on a big, diggable box of PS2 and PS1 games. All the games in the first pic were $20 total (though I found out Yakuza is missing the disc) and the PS3 controller was $5. All of the other random stuff I found in the other photo was $4.

Zzv0d3w.jpg

htGmRZ5.jpg

#63 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 26 July 2022 - 03:42 PM

Bought a hagane for $6 sold it for $1400.

Bought a Wii/ps3/Xbox/Xbox 360 game lot of like 500 games for $350. All Banger's every Mario,Zelda,Kirby ect. That all went in the collection.

#64 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2478 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 26 July 2022 - 07:07 PM

Bought a hagane for $6 sold it for $1400.

Bought a Wii/ps3/Xbox/Xbox 360 game lot of like 500 games for $350. All Banger's every Mario,Zelda,Kirby ect. That all went in the collection.

whoa does Hagane actually go for $1400 nowadays??? Where did you manage to find it for $6? great find.

#65 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 27 July 2022 - 07:18 PM

whoa does Hagane actually go for $1400 nowadays??? Where did you manage to find it for $6? great find.

Facebook marketplace. And yeah it does mine had a pretty clean label on it compare to the others.

#66 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2022 - 05:53 PM

This week has been fire so far for thrifting/garage sales and its not even the weekend (which means that this weekend will be awful). But here's a rundown of my week so far:

Tuesday went to a random moving sale a few blocks from my house right when they opened at 7am. They had some okay stuff that I passed on as I wasn't too interested in it. They had a bunch of X-Box/PS2/360 games and an OG X-Box console that I passed on (mainly because it didn't have any controllers). They also had a ton of old loot crates. Which I also passed on.

Then I went to the thrift store later that morning and ended up using a $10 reward to get the two Wii games for free:

Super Mario All Stars players choice version-sealed

Fortune Street

Then while riding my bike today at the end of my ride I hit up another random moving sale a block from my place and got the following for $32:

Avengers Endgame and Solo: A Star Wars story on 4k

Dragonheart the Complete collection on DVD

Three vintage Kenner Batman the Animated Series action figures that I'm giving to a co-worker (were originally ten cents for a bag)

A bunch of vintage Legos none of them complete. But they had bits of a lot of older sets like 6074, and 6378 among others. Including the boxes which were in bad shape. But I figure at essentially $28 its a good haul (minus the 3 DVDs and the Batman figures)

crossing my fingers that my luck is as good this weekend as it was earlier in the week.

#67 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1600 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 30 July 2022 - 06:37 PM

Pic1-Small Thrift- $32. Advanced Warfare is sealed.

Pic2-Goodwill- Bebop and Rocksteady were $6 apiece, the PS3 Rockband stuff was $6, the books were $1 apiece, the sealed dvd/game was $2.50, and the HOKA Clifton 3s were $6

TdEWMN4.jpeguTA8aDC.jpeg

#68 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2194 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2022 - 12:23 AM

$35 Indigo Gamecube with one controller, power & a/v cables. Includes a Pokemon Game Boy cartridge.

$40 Dreamcast with 3 controllers, power & a/v cables. 

The consoles are in great condition and have been tested. Probably will sell my Silver GC system that I found earlier at GW this year and keep this one instead. I'm happy that I'm a DC owner again. Had a DC back in 2010 but sold it to GameCrazy retail store. I have no games for it but damn the price for Skies of Arcadia, Street Fighter Alpha 3rd Strike, Sonic Battle 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2 I want to get is outrageous :(

010.jpg

#69 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   11080 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2022 - 01:57 AM

$35 Indigo Gamecube with one controller, power & a/v cables. Includes a Pokemon Game Boy cartridge.

$40 Dreamcast with 3 controllers, power & a/v cables. 

The consoles are in great condition and have been tested. Probably will sell my Silver GC system that I found earlier at GW this year and keep this one instead. I'm happy that I'm a DC owner again. Had a DC back in 2010 but sold it to GameCrazy retail store. I have no games for it but damn the price for Skies of Arcadia, Street Fighter Alpha 3rd Strike, Sonic Battle 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2 I want to get is outrageous :(

010.jpg

Id see about getting a GCloader for that GC. As for the Dc, I have a few disk only games on my tradelist

#70 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1600 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 07 August 2022 - 10:05 PM

I 2nd getting a GCLoader for the Cube. And same idea with the Dreamcast, GDEMU.... if you can get one. Anyways, some GW finds. 1990 Simpsons dolls were $2.54 apiece. Sealed 2013 Marvel Super Hero Mashers figure was $3.67. Size 11 Air Force Ones were $6. The Namco plug n play was $3. The Splatoon Wii U water gun was $3. The sealed Voltron DVD was $2.54. Keycool keyboard was $3.67, keys are in a bag since I'm going to clean it. Size 9.5 Adidas Ultra Boost and size 10 New Balance- $11.05 apiece. Just need a little cleaning, $35-$50 apiece resale. Been watching Hairy Tornado on YouTube and now I notice these shoes that I wouldn't have paid attention to before. Speaking of shoes at GW......WHO TF DO THEY THINK IS GOING IN THERE LOOKING TO SPEND $25-$45 FOR SOME FUCKING USED SHOES?!

I saw 3 pairs of shoes today for $42! Resellers arent giving them that much! And people going in there for a decent pair of shoes probably cant pay $30-$45 for shoes! THATS WHY THEY WENT TO GOODWILL!

LeQ4UdN.jpegC9Be9Zr.jpeg

#71 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2245 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:15 AM

Finds 6/18/22

Slim pickings for this week.  Decent amount of sales, there was just not much that was interesting.

IMG_0446.JPG

Guy had a large amount of movies for $2 each, he gave me a deal since I was getting a bundle. Everything shown (excluding a second copy of "Dream Catcher" for a fellow Stephen King fan) was $16.  The Ghost Recon and Just Cause 4 steelbook were laying around randomly in the sale and he included in the price.  

The Almost Famous Director's Cut used to bring a decent amount, not anymore. It's also missing the Stillwater CD that should be included.  I have the complete edition in my collection already so nbd.

Didn't realize it, but I had already picked up the same Fraggle Rock DVD earlier this year.

#72 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2245 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:21 AM

I 2nd getting a GCLoader for the Cube. And same idea with the Dreamcast, GDEMU.... if you can get one. Anyways, some GW finds. 1990 Simpsons dolls were $2.54 apiece. Sealed 2013 Marvel Super Hero Mashers figure was $3.67. Size 11 Air Force Ones were $6. The Namco plug n play was $3. The Splatoon Wii U water gun was $3. The sealed Voltron DVD was $2.54. Keycool keyboard was $3.67, keys are in a bag since I'm going to clean it. Size 9.5 Adidas Ultra Boost and size 10 New Balance- $11.05 apiece. Just need a little cleaning, $35-$50 apiece resale. Been watching Hairy Tornado on YouTube and now I notice these shoes that I wouldn't have paid attention to before. Speaking of shoes at GW......WHO TF DO THEY THINK IS GOING IN THERE LOOKING TO SPEND $25-$45 FOR SOME FUCKING USED SHOES?!

I saw 3 pairs of shoes today for $42! Resellers arent giving them that much! And people going in there for a decent pair of shoes probably cant pay $30-$45 for shoes! THATS WHY THEY WENT TO GOODWILL!

LeQ4UdN.jpegC9Be9Zr.jpeg

Kinda why I've stopped going to Goodwill, they ship anything good off to the online store and everything else in store is overpriced.  Any bluray or season series is now $6, they do the same with sealed DVDs.  I also hear from people that buy clothes that shirts cost almost the same as what you can get at stores?  I guess the CEO has to get his millions somehow.

#73 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2245 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:29 AM

Finds 7/2/22

Another "bleh" weekend.

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

Guy had put out part of his record collection, picked up his Greenday stuff and a few extras for $2 each.  After getting home I realized the Misfits had a few more scratches than I realized, should have left it behind.

#74 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2245 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:46 AM

Finds 7/9/22

Worked from home Friday so was able to hit one sale early.  Also, there was a townwide sale about 40 minutes away.  Found a resale vendor setup nearby that had a lot of stuff I like.

IMG_0411.JPG

Friday sale, lady had these vintage (1967-1970) copies of Automobile Quarterly.  These things are high quality, great photos and art.  Talked her down to $10 for the lot, threw in the CDs.

Near the citywide sale, a guy had set up selling lots of music, games and other odd stuff. 

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

Games were $3, movies were $1, CDs were $1.  The games are not the greatest but the price point is not bad for these days.  The train plaque is the same as one I had hanging on the wall when I was 5, was able to talk him down to $30 from $40.  I would have paid the $40 if necessary.  All of the above was $96.  Said he would have more on Saturday.

Went with some family to the citywide sale on Saturday, they kept delaying.  And delaying.  Did not leave town until after noon.  :wall:

Had them stop at the same place I went to on Friday, he brought some stuff based on what I said I liked.

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

Games were $3, 12" vinyl were $3, 7" vinyl were $2, the DS case was $2. 

The Guns n' Roses banner is a 1988 vintage Nikry which set me back $20 down from $25.  He brought it because I was wearing a concert shirt the day before.  He knew how to trap me.  There was some usual wear to the corners for something of this age, but it appears someone took scissors to the edge to remove fraying at some point.

The rest of the townwide sale was a bust.  The family members found some stuff to use for their rental houses, but everyone had started closing up by then for the most part.  They decided to stop at a flea marked that I didn't know existed.  It added to an already expensive weekend for me.

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG

The games were priced as marked, the Wii grip was $1.  The games were a little overpriced but Japanese stuff is not readily available in the midwest.  I figure after shipping, especially if I have to get them from overseas, the price would be about the same.  Putting them with the Super Famicom I picked up last year.

As for the movies, I found them in a giant, dirty unmarked binder in a back corner.  I asked how much for each, and they had to call the booth owner.  Ended up buying the entire binder, all horror movies, for $17.  What you see here is about half of what is in the binder, I still have to go thru and clean the rest (there are 35 in this image).  They're not extremely rare, but many are definitely uncommon.  Most of these are not exactly my kind of movie, don't think I'd have the stomach for it.  Cannibal Apocalypse is particularly notorious.  I will probably be selling or passing them along to someone else.