The 2024 Gamestop Thread

Davem

CAGiversary!
Yoinked from the 2022/2023 thread!

GS FAQ

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals. Please check the homepage and deal link for the current deals.

I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

Are there trade limits?
Yes, $500 cash minus some electronic trade ins and or $2000 trade credit in a rolling 30 day period.

Where is the weekly ad?
They ended the weekly ad for more rotation of deals in a period.

The website isn't loading properly?

Try to clear your cookies and see if that works,

Can I use the $5 monthly coupon on gift cards?

Yes you can in store but not online please note not all gift cards will apply to this rule.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free.
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited:
I can't find a trade in value for an item?
It might not be tradable or calling a store to find the value may be the only option.

Googling "gamestop trade *game name* *system*" will usually pull up a link with the value. 

Current Deals

4/$20 ($10 games and under)

4/$40 ($20 games and under)

Strategy

Ask the employee to print out a list of all the  games under those thresholds and sort by in-stock and price. Can mix and match pre-owned games from all consoles - and a great way to pick up some random retro games they may or may not have in stock that you cant find on the website! You can use the website to filter price 10-20 and sort by price highest to lowest to have an idea of what games are "on-sale" (for example Persona 5 strikers  :switch: is $20 and qualified for the 4/$40)

lets forget 2022 ever happened and hope for another 2021 tier year of deals.

1PXVwako_400x400.jpg

So what happens if you try to buy 4 used games that are under $5, do you end up having to $20 anyway?
Back when they were clearing Wii/PS3 the ones under $5 would just be that price and the others would drop to $5. Example: $3.99+5+5+5=18.99

That was in store and a while back so ymmv now...

Edit: It says "select games" so might not even trigger if they are under...

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the state of affairs over at r/GameStop, I would think killer deals are on the back burner.

I'd bet we see another round of attempting to sell again and/or a wave of closures.

2024 will be the year of bankruptcy. What structure is yet to be seen.

"Nothing is stopping you from avoiding this thread or posting more deals to break up the chatter."
I wasn't the one complaining about off topic chats. You were. Nice to see you continuing to contribute to off topic conversations though. Happy 2023.

For others, NBA 2K23 is part of the 4 for $40 Pre-Owned Games, $20 and Under, comes out to $10/each. Trades in for $20 base. Can do store pickup if you're worried about the value going up before it's delivered.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/nba-2k23---xbox-series-x/351082.html

Rumor from redit is that $5 Xbox and Nintendo cards are going away.
Damn. And I just renewed my account during Pro Week to get a free sweatshirt. If this does happen, make sure to do the receipt surveys and let them know how displeased we are about the new change.

For the off-topic bs in this thread, hit the report button to let mods know we need a clean-up.

I wasn't the one complaining about off topic chats. You were. Nice to see you continuing to contribute to off topic conversations though. Happy 2023.

For others, NBA 2K23 is part of the 4 for $40 Pre-Owned Games, $20 and Under, comes out to $10/each. Trades in for $20 base. Can do store pickup if you're worried about the value going up before it's delivered.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/nba-2k23---xbox-series-x/351082.html
Not contributing to it. Just using your own words to tell you to politely shut up and let other people NOT complaining about this thread, to enjoy it. Nice try, but kick rocks. Or chew them. Whatever floats your little boat.

I wish GameStop had a program like BB GCU. I low key felt I was stealing from Best Buy cause the deals were so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. And I just renewed my account during Pro Week to get a free sweatshirt. If this does happen, make sure to do the receipt surveys and let them know how displeased we are about the new change.

For the off-topic bs in this thread, hit the report button to let mods know we need a clean-up.
Is anyone able to confirm that they worked today? Was planning to go tonight

There was def a message that went out to stores based on the Reddit. Just didn’t know when it went into action. But if they didn’t allow you to get one, probably means it started immediately

Am I allowed to use certificates redeemed from points towards digital currently? For example. If I redeemed $5 of points, and used my $5 cert, can I get a $10 card?

Am I allowed to use certificates redeemed from points towards digital currently? For example. If I redeemed $5 of points, and used my $5 cert, can I get a $10 card?
This will be my plan to drain points and GS credit if minimum eShop credit is raised to $10.

Still loving the GS $5 digital coupon. Grab a $10 xbox card and auto redeem $10, $20 xbox credit each month for only $5. 

Grabbed RE7 for $8. Also, RE1 is only $5.

Anyone know if attempting to redeem points for online certs is still busted?  I know as of a year or so ago people would still try to redeem the online cert and it wouldn't work...happened to me way back in 2017.   EDIT: oops I meant 2018...

Anyone know if attempting to redeem points for online certs is still busted? I know as of a year or so ago people would still try to redeem the online cert and it wouldn't work...happened to me way back in 2017. EDIT: oops I meant 2018...
nope

Well, 2023 at GS is off to a good start for me.

All my B2G1F used games arrived and I finally got to open them: 9x NS games, 1 arrived as just the cart in a yellow CD envelope, 1 arrived with case but the case was badly water damaged, and the other 7 have cases/good shape.

Also my 8 of my 12 games from the 4x under $20 for $40 arrived. The sole PS5 game arrived as disc only but the 7 were all PS4 games that all had their cases, including the manual for 1 of them and 1 of which was a launch steelbook edition (FFXII Remaster). Everything actually looks good. Hopefully the remaining 4 are also winners.  

Maybe 2023's Black Friday we'll see the PS5 Slim with God of War for $430:cold:

Also, anyone hear about if/when we can pre-order any non-standard versions of Zelda Tears or (hopefully) console? (possible design leaked posted online below:)

WLFpaTZ.png

The Splatoon Switch was really cool. I ended up getting one for my gf and taking her old Switch and hacking it. The Pokemon one and the new Zelda one are meh. Nothing special.

bread's done
Back