You can talk about LRG non gaming stuff here!

Nothing-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
how did they lighten the burden on fans, all I ever saw was more and more games coming out to take peoples money during the entire pandemic while LRG got a PPP loan as I recall

also

https://twitter.com/prpltnkr/status/1611363598626062336
don't go around labeling people transphobes.

don't bring Twitter bullshit here to start witch hunts.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife applied for that spot before finding out it wasn't remote. Glad it's not remote and not applicable - nothing better than taking a job and having internet sleuths climb up your butthole looking for anything they can roast you over the coals with.

Please just stop this. Everyone has moved on.
To everyone else: We are sorry and took the necessary steps.
I'm critical of areas of LRG but do appreciate the action taken, someone on reset said the person in Austin was still staff in your discord I hope that's changed as well

My wife applied for that spot before finding out it wasn't remote. Glad it's not remote and not applicable - nothing better than taking a job and having internet sleuths climb up your butthole looking for anything they can roast you over the coals with.
Does your wife have transphobic posts hiding in her butthole for people sleuths to find?

Please just stop this. Everyone has moved on.

To everyone else: We are sorry and took the necessary steps.
First, good for taking corrective actions.

Second, offer still stands to make a tweet or blog post from the LRG account about how you manipulated the data. Donation, $100, any charity. Can up the ante. Haven't moved on, for the record, just nothing more to discuss.

Third, can't wait to see this year's Jumanji from the blind boxes. When will the fun start, April? May?

Buddy they don't want transphobes on their team, guess you're off the list too
That's why I own my business. Can't be fired when you're the boss. That said private company can do what they want.

Now this is my daily reminder that we need to solve real problems like why can't I play skies of arcadia on my switch.

Does your wife have transphobic posts hiding in her butthole for people sleuths to find?
No, but considering the state of internet outrage, she may be vilified for owning Funko Pops. Just being in a community manager position where said community is already pretty grumpy might be enough to blow anything out of proportion.

Re: Tunic, yes please. I have a feeling it's going to go the Hades route though.

Pretty sure he's talking to that newbie/lurker with the old account that has 40 posts on cag and chimed in that people were male karens. Note that person also felt the highlight of conversations here were people chiming in with what they bought from LRG last week.

Like I'm interested to some degree in what people buy but it's not something that brightens my day. What kind of person gets off on people spending money at this company?
Your mom

You know two things:

1) If said person was fired for liking pro-LGTBQ+ things, etc., the "freeze peach" trolls wouldn't be reacting like this at all.

2). The "get woke go broke" thing never works. Hell, some companies now use this as marketing, ever since the Keurig and Nike nonsense years ago.

The Facebook page has to disable comments and unofficial group is probably letting one post rip just get a list of folks to ban.

Edit: Third item,...

3) Due to being social media, we'll have no idea how organic the backlash is as there are groups who latch onto any game related ordeals that arise. Several of them are lingering GamerGaters, still angry 'bout something.

Bring back Kara.
It gets worse! MUCH worse! @KaraLynne0326 raised concerns about women's safety in washrooms and the man who got her fired ends up being a pedophile and a groomer. Seems she was justified. Isn't that ironic? Shame on @LimitedRunGames !!

https://twitter.com/RlNook/status/1612185434725167104?s=20&t=AI7HAiaq0M_3CcmzGBvZSg

It gets worse! MUCH worse! @KaraLynne0326 raised concerns about women's safety in washrooms and the man who got her fired ends up being a pedophile and a groomer. Seems she was justified. Isn't that ironic? Shame on @LimitedRunGames !!

https://twitter.com/RlNook/status/1612185434725167104?s=20&t=AI7HAiaq0M_3CcmzGBvZSg
Can we maybe not have bullshit from fucking Kiwifarms on this site please? Also nice transphobia there with the misgendering. Jesus christ. Some people are showing their true colors with this firing…

So are Limited Run Games going to apologize to Kara Lynne now that the disgusting horrific details about Purple TInker's history has been made public or are they planning to burn their company into the ground for condoning such behavior? Purple Tinker has since deleted their twitter in an attempt to hide the evidence. LRG the ball is in your court.

So are Limited Run Games going to apologize to Kara Lynne now that the disgusting horrific details about Purple TInker's history has been made public or are they planning to burn their company into the ground for condoning such behavior? Purple Tinker has since deleted their twitter in an attempt to hide the evidence. LRG the ball is in your court.
You understand they can both be bad people right

You understand they can both be bad people right
Kara did nothing wrong.

Purple Tinker who has a long history of mental illness and a long list of hate campaigns and illegal activity (the worst kind) specifically targetted Kara and chose to bully her. He spent hours combing through her twitter timeline and found a single tweet dating back 7 years ago! His tweet went up at 9am, by 5pm Kara was fired. What possible investigation could LRG have done in that time frame to verify the allegation against her? Kara was a very passionate and loyal employee living her dream job. Is this how you would like your employer to treat you? If all it took was one bad tweet or follow a controversial person and 98% of the population would be unemployed.

Was it worth it? Thousands of people have taken to cancelling orders and filing charge backs with their credit cards and I suggest others do the same. LRG has a history of shady business practices. They respect their customers about as much as they respect their employees. There are better places to spend your money. LRG still has the power to apologize. They will be seen as heroes. Otherwise I'm afraid they will ruin their brand forever. I'm sure their competitors are chomping at the bit.

Dare I ask who or what Purple Tinker is, do they matter, and is it a case of two people suck?

I'm guessing it's the latter and folks just want to be relieved of the consequences of their actions.

That depends whether the punishment was justified, or was this nothing more than a political persecution to kowtow to a forced ideology while alienating half (if not more) of your core audience. 

That depends whether the punishment was justified, or was this nothing more than a political persecution to kowtow to a forced ideology while alienating half (if not more) of your core audience.
If by forced ideology you mean treating transgender people as, you know, people, the yes.

It's sad that has to be "forced," but yet here we are. One group making people existing controversial.

That's exactly it. There's a bunch of leftist weirdos going around cancelling people for wanting to play Hogwarts Legacy, presumably because they hate JK Rowling despite having no actual involvement with the Harry Potter videogame. Kara had tweeted how excited she was to play Hogwarts Legacy. This is why she was stalked and attacked.

On twitter Kara Lynne follows Dave Reubin (a gay man) and Blaire White (a transgender woman). Blaire White has since come out and denounced Purple Tinker for being a p3d0 and has since gone into hiding. All evidence points to Kara being unlawfully terminated. Hoping rational minds prevail and salvage this situation.

Oh wow, poor Kara. She seemed like a genuinely friendly person who really loved the job and community. I remember when that "evidence" image was going around, and thinking it was clearly just another targeted witch hunt from someone completely unhinged. There wasn't even anything to it other than the fact that Kara, who is obviously the type who follows thousands of people willy-nilly, has also ended up following one or two random people who have said mean things somewhere. All it did prove was the sheer raving vitriol from the accuser.

I didn't hear that they actually bent over and fired her, though. That sucks. I mean, definitely for her, but also in that it only encourages lunatics  like that to keep on instigating these ridiculous hate campaigns. Like giving a child a reward every time they throw a tantrum, but a hundred times worse for society.

For those playing the home game, Dave Rubin and Blaire White are affiliated with the likes of BlazeTV and the like.

They're judged by their choices they make, their political choices, not their personal identity. They're chuds by choice, not because of being gay or trans.

Again, if saying a certain group of people exists makes you mad, it's probably a you problem. And if you don't understand how being trans is different than a political beliefs, let history be your guide for any other social progression.

For those playing the home game, Dave Rubin and Blaire White are affiliated with the likes of BlazeTV and the like.

They're judged by their choices they make, their political choices, not their personal identity. They're chuds by choice, not because of being gay or trans.

Again, if saying a certain group of people exists makes you mad, it's probably a you problem. And if you don't understand how being trans is different than a political beliefs, let history be your guide for any other social progression.
Kara has nothing against Trans people as I pointed out earlier, what she wrote in her tweet is that there is a large percentage of creeps going into women's washrooms pretending to be trans to do creepy things than there are trans. That's not an offensive statement. The fact that the guy who got her fired turned out to be biggest POS p3d0 creeper only validates her tweet from 7 years ago! Read that last sentence again as many times as it takes until it sinks in! I think people here would be shocked if they knew the full extent of purple tinker's history. If you're not a creep than this doesn't concern you, if you are a creep then that probably explains why you're offended. LRG took the side of a p3d0 over their own employee. The stink of these optics will not wash off easily for this company the longer this goes on.

As men we have the responsibility to make women feel safe and protected. If anyone here has a mother, sister, wife, girlfriend or daughter you'd understand. There's also no way of knowing if Kara was even with LRG at the time when she made that tweet. This isn't something she said last week, this is a tweet taken out of context from 7 years ago! Jesus Christ are we living in looney world here or what!?

Kara has nothing against Trans people as I pointed out earlier, what she wrote in her tweet is that there is a large percentage of creeps going into women's washrooms pretending to be trans to do creepy things than there are trans. That's not an offensive statement. The fact that the guy who got her fired turned out to be biggest POS p3d0 creeper only validates her tweet from 7 years ago! Read that last sentence again as many times as it takes until it sinks in! I think people here would be shocked if they knew the full extent of purple tinker's history. If you're not a creep than this doesn't concern you, if you are a creep then that probably explains why you're offended. LRG took the side of a p3d0 over their own employee. The stink of these optics will not wash off easily for this company the longer this goes on.

As men we have the responsibility to make women feel safe and protected. If anyone here has a mother, sister, wife, girlfriend or daughter you'd understand. There's also no way of knowing if Kara was even with LRG at the time when she made that tweet. This isn't something she said last week, this is a tweet taken out of context from 7 years ago! Jesus Christ are we living in looney world here or what!?
Sorry, but this is a well known anti-trans talking point and is not based in any kind of reality. Most sexual assaults are committed by males who identify as heterosexual, with the overwhelming majority of those being committed by someone known by the sexual assault victim. While I suppose I can buy that someone could make a blatantly discriminatory tweet years ago without fully understanding the hurt it might cause, the fact that she also follows tons of well-known anti-trans accounts and has followed even more in recent months makes it pretty clear that this was not simply an error or something that was a youthful mistake. More importantly, rather than trying to apologize and clarify her position, her husband took to social media and attempted to enlist various individuals who are prominent in right-wing media to make claims about this being some form of "cancellation" based on personal beliefs. Many of us know transgender people and have some understanding of how much hate is directed toward them on a daily basis. While individuals are free to be bigoted and hateful, they are not entitled to drag their employer into such efforts and that is sadly what it appears Kara did by using an account that identified her employer and role with that employer while facilitating the spread of that bigotry.

Sorry, but this is a well known anti-trans talking point and is not based in any kind of reality. Most sexual assaults are committed by males who identify as heterosexual, with the overwhelming majority of those being committed by someone known by the sexual assault victim. While I suppose I can buy that someone could make a blatantly discriminatory tweet years ago without fully understanding the hurt it might cause, the fact that she also follows tons of well-known anti-trans accounts and has followed even more in recent months makes it pretty clear that this was not simply an error or something that was a youthful mistake. More importantly, rather than trying to apologize and clarify her position, her husband took to social media and attempted to enlist various individuals who are prominent in right-wing media to make claims about this being some form of "cancellation" based on personal beliefs. Many of us know transgender people and have some understanding of how much hate is directed toward them on a daily basis. While individuals are free to be bigoted and hateful, they are not entitled to drag their employer into such efforts and that is sadly what it appears Kara did by using an account that identified her employer and role with that employer while facilitating the spread of that bigotry.
Spreading hate and bigotry because of an obscure tweet that nobody even knew existed until an unhinged p3d0 threatened the company in order to get her fired? Sounds like a witch hunt to me. If she was spreading so much hate why did it take having to go back and digging up a 7 year old tweet out of context? It was a nothing burger.

Just another woke ideologue preaching inclusivity and respecting all opinions... unless you have conservative views then you must be fired. So stunning and brave! Get woke, go broke! Love to see it!

Of all the reasons for LRG to be under fire in 2023, I have to admit this one wasn't on my bingo card. The moment everything surfaced it was a no-win situation for them; no decision they made at that point would please everyone. Though I am astounded by how much this has blown up. The tweet's at almost 6M views and their socials have absolutely imploded.

I’m just here for the drama, I love cag drama.

We need starmask2k3 and iatcg in this thread.
Shhhhhh!!! Don't say his name three times otherwise you'll summon him & then we'll have to get him to say his name backwards in order to banish him back to the fith dimenson again. That takes a lot of work & time that no one here has.

It's wonderful to see the debate against trans rights end up where it always does, pointing out that cis hetero males can't control their behavior and will do anything they can to take advantage of others.

Gosh darn it, Link. Can't believe he would do that.

Hey, I think LRG did the sensible thing given it was their Community Manager. Plus, there could have been more issues we don't know, such as a long list of other problems.

Regardless, I will defend trans rights and some of y'all need to crack a book or talk to someone IRL because the dog whistles are pretty deafening. Trans folks have exists as long as humans have, they're not sexual predators, they're not child groomers, and they're not "confused" nor is it a choice.

For the record, that's like LRG being 1-8, one recent win, loads of losses.

Hey Doug, I'll up my ante to $200 to the Trevor Project if you post a tweet or blog post about manipulating the sales data. :D

My christ, the transphobia here is disgusting. Kinda boggles my mind that of all things to get mad at LRG for, it wasn’t their CEOs being assholes or their poor QC, but rather because Embracer rushed them to do the right thing by firing a transphobe.

NGL there’s really no moral side to take except one: supporting trans rights. When people are fucking trying to get Trans people locked in the closet the same way they did to Homosexuals in the 80/90s, it’s absolutely the right thing to do to support them, especially when gross anti trans talking points and misgenderings are regurgitated here.

Mods deleted all my other posts prior to this in the old thread.

https://thatparkplace.com/limited-run-games-fires-employee-over-who-she-follows-on-social-media/

This is the kind of stuff that triggered gamergate back in 2016 btw. Kara didn't do anything to anyone. It was "Purple Tinkle" who instigated and harassed Kara for simply who she followed on twitter. For simply wanting to play the next harry potter game she was targeted - btw, MOST people still like harry potter and don't care about the "controversy" around Rowling's beliefs.

Loud twitter people don't represent the vast populous of real people and rarely do they effect irl, except when they terrorize companies and publicly shame them with their extremist allies to fire an innocent person. Did Kara literally hurt or kill someone? No. Then what right does LRG have to fire her? Other than they're scared of a minority of people who most likely aren't really buying their games in the first place. Btw, the trans comments Kara made were mad WAY back in 2016 btw. This was made BEFORE she worked at LRG. She began to work at LRG in 2020.

It's clear this was a targeted harassment campaign by "Purple Tinkle" , founder of Bronycon btw.

Bronycon and bronies in general have a litany of their own controversies from racism, rape, to being inappropriate around children.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/citypaper/bcp-the-problem-with-bronies-20140801-story.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/06/my-little-pony-nazi-4chan-black-lives-matter/613348/

https://thatparkplace.com/limited-run-games-controversy-allegedly-spurred-by-ultra-toxic-brony/

LRG knelt to these people. LRG already has a bad reputation in terms of their product and customer service. Now they have a bad reputation as employers. Why would you want to work for a company that would fold on you so easily? Why would you want to work for people who capitulate to bronies? Who has a worse reputation, Kara or "Purple Tinkle"?

It seems LRG didn't care about who Kara followed before "Purple" pointed it out.

LRG has been facing a MASSIVE backlash over the last week since this happened. Seems most people are against this harassment campaign and Kara's firing.

My christ, the transphobia here is disgusting. Kinda boggles my mind that of all things to get mad at LRG for, it wasn’t their CEOs being assholes or their poor QC, but rather because Embracer rushed them to do the right thing by firing a transphobe.

NGL there’s really no moral side to take except one: supporting trans rights. When people are fucking trying to get Trans people locked in the closet the same way they did to Homosexuals in the 80/90s, it’s absolutely the right thing to do to support them, especially when gross anti trans talking points and misgenderings are regurgitated here.
All of you trans rights weirdos, I ask that you post your full name, address, employer and twitter account so we can see if your employer agrees with every single tweet you have ever made. Sounds fair?

Kara was stalked and attacked by Purple Tinker, a deranged mentally unstable child abuser. Asks yourselves why you are not defending Kara against her abuser?

A thread went up on Resetera by non other than SeafoamGaming brony here. A website full of cesspool degenerates in an attempt to create a hate campaign and get Kara fired at all costs just because she was excited to play Hogwarts Legacy! Make no mistakes about it, This innocent lovely girl was targetted. THIS WAS A WITCH HUNT!

Here is Purple Tinker's history:

https://www.tumblr.com/kick-neckbeard-ass/74480500138/purple-tinker-a-history

Here is the Resetera thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-uh-why-does-limited-run-games-have-a-transphobe-as-their-community-manager-up-fired.672658/

Or a recap in video form if you prefer:

https://youtu.be/p9l2o5oN3Q8

Of all the reasons for LRG to be under fire in 2023, I have to admit this one wasn't on my bingo card. The moment everything surfaced it was a no-win situation for them; no decision they made at that point would please everyone. Though I am astounded by how much this has blown up. The tweet's at almost 6M views and their socials have absolutely imploded.
They should've done what all mature companies do. They "ask" the person to resign, and then say they parted on amicable terms, "we wish her the best", and the official reason is that she resigned in order to not tarnish the good name of the company with her personal drama. And it doesn't need to be announced at all that the person left, especially for something so tiny in scale.

What they should absolutely NOT have done (aside from back-stab their employees in general, but let's assume they didn't like her for other unstated reasons also) is go on Twitter and be like "We have heard you, and we have burned the witch! Please keep informing us who else we should cull from society!" And the fact that their replies are overwhelming negatively (and the thread has been locked now) is just amazing. In general, people only follow other people when they really really like them. No matter how controversial a statement is, a person's followers are usually quick and abundant in agreeing with them. The fact that so many of their own followers are disagreeing with them shows just how badly they messed up. Or maybe is indicative that they've already burned through a lot of their goodwill, and people are only following reluctantly because there are no other options. Kind of like those who still shop at GameStop.

And for all the pro-trans "heroes" out there, I'm still not seeing where she said anything about hating trans people. The one ancient tweet that gets quoted is her saying that people arguing to be in women's personal spaces are more likely to be creeps than people who are experiencing legitimate gender dysphoria. As any type of non-creepy person would likely be respecting the feelings of others. And that is only her opinion, as there is no hard evidence either way about which type of people are protesting most. (And let's put aside that the instigator who took great umbrage at this statement was indeed in the former category.) Whether her random unimportant guess is right or wrong doesn't matter at all. Assuming she even still believes this, as it was apparently just one random shower thought from almost a decade ago.

Either way, it's very clear that there are two different types of people being referred to. What I am NOT seeing is any actual evidence that she was saying "All people who are like X and don't agree with me should go die in a fire." However, I AM seeing a lot of evidence that other people are saying "She doesn't agree with me on X, so she should lose her job and go die in a fire." And this is the stance that LRG is supporting, just in case they're still not clear why their brave heroic statement got such incredible backlash.

And while I get that several people out there are desperate to prove what amazing virtuous allies they are, I recommend actually going after people that ARE anti-trans, of which you can find many quite easily in right-wing spaces. I understand it's more desirable to find an "easy target", but there's no need to make one up out of thin air just to have someone to attack and make yourself feel good for fighting the good fight. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a hateful monster. Go find those who are ACTUALLY hateful.

Transphobe gets clapped for being a transphobe while working as community manager for a company that presumably supports diversity and inclusion.

Y'all need to find real things to get upset about lol.

Kara did nothing wrong.

Purple Tinker who has a long history of mental illness and a long list of hate campaigns and illegal activity (the worst kind) specifically targetted Kara and chose to bully her. He spent hours combing through her twitter timeline and found a single tweet dating back 7 years ago! His tweet went up at 9am, by 5pm Kara was fired. What possible investigation could LRG have done in that time frame to verify the allegation against her? Kara was a very passionate and loyal employee living her dream job. Is this how you would like your employer to treat you? If all it took was one bad tweet or follow a controversial person and 98% of the population would be unemployed.

Was it worth it? Thousands of people have taken to cancelling orders and filing charge backs with their credit cards and I suggest others do the same. LRG has a history of shady business practices. They respect their customers about as much as they respect their employees. There are better places to spend your money. LRG still has the power to apologize. They will be seen as heroes. Otherwise I'm afraid they will ruin their brand forever. I'm sure their competitors are chomping at the bit.
Kara followed libs of tiktok lol

Quick update for the tldr crowd, the following cag users defend transphobia: Bryson, xerox1919, nagpo
I defend victims of all race and genders. That SeafoamGaming guy above posted Kara's social media to Resettera when he found out she was excited to play Hogwarts Legacy. That's why you all attacked her. You and your incel buddies are going around trying to find anyone excited to play Hogwarts Legacy, seeing who they follow and trying to get them fired from their job. Imagine trying to get someone fired for playing a videogame.

Despite being a videogame forum, anyone mentioning Hogwarts Legacy on Resettera gets an instant ban except that your pathetic attempt to boycott the game has actually made it the most successful and best selling game ever on steam before the game has even launched! LMAO what a joke!

Take your phobia nonsense and get lost! It's not appreciated here either by me or the MODS. It's just too bad that LimitedRunGames will have to suffer the consequences of your targetted hate campaign. That's all you woke lefties know what to do, is destroy.

bread's done
Back