CAG Clan members only (no CAGTAC posts/comments, please)

craven_fiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
Alright, it has come to my attention, that a few of you guys are only in the clan for an extended Halo 2 friends list. So for those of you that don't intend to make an attempt to play with the clan on said nights or don't keep us updated as to why you aren't playing, this is your final warning to either attempt to play and update us or be removed once and for all. Whats the point in being in a clan if you aren't taking part in games with fellow clan members? If you don't have time, then thats fine, let me know and I will remove you until you have enough time to play with us on certain nights of the week. So to all of you that this pertains to, and even those it doesn't, let me know where you stand on this.

If they haven't been playing for months with our clan, remove them. Some people it doesn't even seem like they play Halo at all. Get rid of them.

[quote name='sj41']If they haven't been playing for months with our clan, remove them. Some people it doesn't even seem like they play Halo at all. Get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input sticky.

This will hopefully be used to serve a point. Those non players haven't been keeping up on these boards either. I am not asking for a daily check, mainly a weekly. I mean take 10-15 minutes to check your subscribed messages and pm inbox to see whats going on with the clan. If you can't do that, then you might as well not be a part of the clan.

an extended list? crazy kids nowadays, back in the PGR2 days you had maybe 6 ppl max on and that was enough.

I'd love to play, if only they were more than 3 or 4 clan members on at a time. Take Weds for instance, I played with like 6 other people for an hour or so and then people started leaving, that was it.

I think people are getting tired of H2, I don't know how much longer the clan will last at this point.

i don't know, it wasn't a problem pre-summer but with people traveling (Me included) it's hard to get a time where people in the clan can get together.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'd love to play, if only they were more than 3 or 4 clan members on at a time. Take Weds for instance, I played with like 6 other people for an hour or so and then people started leaving, that was it.

I think people are getting tired of H2, I don't know how much longer the clan will last at this point.[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude or anything, but this post was directed at you and a few other members. When I checked a few weeks ago, you hadn't touched the game since May something. I know theres situations that come up and such, but you are always on the boards and failed to let us know what was up. Atleast you could've private told me something personal was up and thats why you weren't able to play with the clan on practice nights.

As for Wednesday, depending on what time you got on, people may have bee heading out. Practice starts at 9 CT (10 ET and 7 PT), so that could've been a reason people were leaving. If not, a few that I saw on Live that night had been on the night before and just wanted and extra night to play with the clan.

I agree with you that some people are getting tired of Halo 2, that happens with most games any more. However, that is why I made it to the point of only 1 night a week, mandatory, of practice. The clan can strive if others just play Halo 2 sparingly throughout the rest of the week.

Once again, nothing personal is meant by my first few sentences. I was just letting you know that you have been on the chopping block for a while and we want you to be around and play more often. Thats also what this thread is for, to get you to play with the clan more often and let us know if theres a reason that you can't.

[quote name='ph33r m3']i don't know, it wasn't a problem pre-summer but with people traveling (Me included) it's hard to get a time where people in the clan can get together.[/QUOTE]

This is more geared to those that don't use the not playing thread. I know your situation as well as a few others. I may start doing a weekly update to the list, but thats up for discussion with the Staff. And by update, I don't mean booting, just a little something I have in mind.

Hey don't get me wrong, I know fully well that I'm one of the people that the topic is directed towards and I admit that I don't play very often anymore I just wanted to comment on how the very few times I do check out H2 on Practice nights (always around 10 est) either no ones on or theres a handful of people one. I'll try to make more practices, however my Xbox is starting to crap out on me, so I don't know what'll happen.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Hey don't get me wrong, I know fully well that I'm one of the people that the topic is directed towards and I admit that I don't play very often anymore I just wanted to comment on how the very few times I do check out H2 on Practice nights (always around 10 est) either no ones on or theres a handful of people one. I'll try to make more practices, however my Xbox is starting to crap out on me, so I don't know what'll happen.[/QUOTE]

What nights have you been showing up, because this past Tuesday, we had a room full of people playing custom games. But its understandable, good luck with your Xbox.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'd love to play, if only they were more than 3 or 4 clan members on at a time. Take Weds for instance, I played with like 6 other people for an hour or so and then people started leaving, that was it.[/QUOTE]I looked at your stats, and it shows that you've played 2 games this month. I was on vacation for a week and I have alot more games played than that. There's no way you can blame the clan for not being on when it's you that's not even attempting to play Halo at all. It's not your lack of playing with the clan, it's your lack of playing Halo at all that should make you be booted.

Oh, and we have atleast 6 people on every night. And alot of nights, we have over 10. We play plenty.

yea, a lot of people in CAG hardly play at all, we have maye 40 some members, and only about 10 of us play regularly together and a few others who are busy for now for some reason or another/have some other problem, we really need to cut everyone who just want to be in the clan for the name

Sticky maybe you should find out certain peoples' situations before you decide to add them to some arbitrary cutlist.

[quote name='Girion47']Sticky maybe you should find out certain peoples' situations before you decide to add them to some arbitrary cutlist.[/QUOTE]Who? Tittay?

And what is your situation? All I've read is that you'll be gone for awhile.

my situation is lack of broadband because I'm at home for the summer. but once I get back to school I'll probably constantly be on Halo2 again. pre-breakup constant.

This thread seems a little superfluous with both "can't make practice" and "extended absence" threads, but I'll post my situation here anyway. I haven't played much since the new maps came out, and it's a bummer. I hate excuses, but here's the long and the short of it:

- Getting married September 3. Lots of planning left to do.
- I review/preview games for a living. When it's time to play games, I usually choose the ones that'll make me money.
- Time zones. My fiancee gets home at about when practice starts (7pm PST), and we go to the gym at that time (as an aspiring film fighter, I gotta stay in shape).
- Aside from my normal Thursday and Sunday stunt classes, I'm going to start a dance class next Tuesday so I don't look like a total goon at my reception. I'll post this in extended absence.

I like you guys and I like playing with you. Though I can't make any promises, I'll make a better effort at at least showing up for a while on practice days. I don't mean to make craven and the rest of the clan feel like I'm ditching you.

Film fighter, what happened to working the indy's as a pro wrestler? Do you still do that?

Anywho I'll be on tonight barring one (or both) of two things, that:
a) Halo 2 would infact run tonight when I attempt to play it.
b) There's at least one party that isn't playing the new maps.

In the case of B, I'll probably still play, I'll just create a seperate party for those of us who don't have the maps/wouldn't like to play the new maps.

yea, i was joking (or was I?) with liquid, rabbit, etc. the other night about making our own clan within the CAG clan and just invite whoever we thought would play most often...we would be...TripleCAG...me, liquid, and rabbitt would be overlord/staff ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, i was joking (or was I?) with liquid, rabbit, etc. the other night about making our own clan within the CAG clan and just invite whoever we thought would play most often...we would be...TripleCAG...me, liquid, and rabbitt would be overlord/staff[/QUOTE]
viva la revolution!
I call overlord!

Oh man, I just got that flame war sense tingling again.

EDIT- Jimmie had second thoughts about that post?

After reading it again, I think he was talking about you.:booty:

What happened to his post?

I mean, I don't know why you all fu(k around with this CAG clan any how, you got a leader that sucks at the game and whines all the time, a staff member that can't get online all summer and an old ass moderator who would rather flirt with chubby bitches in the OTT than play the game.

Some of you deserve better than this, which is why people like Trakan left, the grass IS greener on the other side. You guys that like each other and play together more often shoud break off, that way you don't have some janitor telling you what to do and how to play.

And what happened to your link, craven?

[quote name='sj41']After reading it again, I think he was talking about you.:booty:[/QUOTE]

I figured that much, but I have never had a job as a janitor. I did apply for one, because to be honest, being unemployed sucks and just about any non food job will do. And by food I mean mom and pop restuarants and fast food, not chef type jobs.

Edit: Picture wouldn't show up.

Even though I don't agree with Jimmie, I am wondering who is deleting his posts since we know its not Trakan or Jake or Jimmie, who could it be?

[quote name='zewone']Even though I don't agree with Jimmie, I am wondering who is deleting his posts since we know its not Trakan or Jake or Jimmie, who could it be?[/QUOTE]

Tweren't me neither.

[quote name='zewone']Even though I don't agree with Jimmie, I am wondering who is deleting his posts since we know its not Trakan or Jake or Jimmie, who could it be?[/QUOTE]

My guess is someone that knows comments like Jimmie made, could turn this into a flame war, which is something that no one needs. Lets hope this shit doesn't hit the fan.

[quote name='zewone']Even though I don't agree with Jimmie, I am wondering who is deleting his posts since we know its not Trakan or Jake or Jimmie, who could it be?[/QUOTE]Why would it not? :?

[quote name='zewone']Why would what not?[/QUOTE]Why would Jimmie, Trakan, or Jake (or Led) not delete it?

[quote name='sj41']Why would Jimmie, Trakan, or Jake (or Led) not delete it?[/QUOTE]
Oh, because I was talking to them on Halo when he posted it.

Does it matter? Whether you agree with him or not, Jimmy's posts are nothing more than slanderous insults. Flaming is not tolerated, this isn't fucking gamefaqs and hell even there Jimmy's comments wouldn't be tolerated.

As for CAG's state, CAG is an easy going clan, we're not trying to be the best, we're not training day and night, every spare moment we got to try and be the best. CAGs main focus is one: to have some damn fun! Winning certainly isn't everything, hell when it comes to H2 it's absolutely nothing.

By the way, I love how the title states "no CAGtaculuar", seeing as you've all be given fair warning, a mod should remove all of your posts, seeing as you're in a place you obviously don't belong.

[quote name='zewone']Oh, because I was talking to them on Halo when he posted it.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but I read his post, and then replied to it pretty quickly. Once I returned to the page after posting, his post was gone. It makes me think that Jimmie deleted it.

[quote name='sj41']Yeah, but I read his post, and then replied to it pretty quickly. Once I returned to the page after posting, his post was gone. It makes me think that Jimmie deleted it.[/QUOTE]
Nah, someone deleted it then Jimmie posted it again adding: "I have the text saved and I have all night." Or something like that. Then someone deleted it again.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Did you stop reading after that?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
By the way, I love how the title states "no CAGtaculuar", seeing as you've all be given fair warning, a mod should remove all of your posts, seeing as you're in a place you obviously don't belong.[/QUOTE]
So we should seperate the clans even more? Yeah, great idea. :roll:

So. . . do you do this often?

[quote name='zewone']
So we should seperate the clans even more? Yeah, great idea. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm all for it, because it's becoming more and more clear that one clan can't leave well enough alone.

[quote name='zewone'] So we should seperate the clans even more? Yeah, great idea. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Its not really seperaing more, its just keeping our clan issues to ourselves, while you guys leave yours to yourselves. I know it is public, but I asked for no CAGTac involvement, rather civil too. I would've done thie privately, but most of the people don't respond to private messages, so I did it publicly.

[quote name='zewone']Thats the kind of talk that will get you the boot.[/QUOTE]

If his is talk enough to get the boot, where does that place Jimmie's comments?

[quote name='zewone']Thats the kind of talk that will get you the boot.[/QUOTE]

If his is talk enough to get the boot, where does that place Jimmie's comments?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Do you wish to elaborate?[/QUOTE]
Well, you see whether it be from CAG or CAGtacular, when someone shows that they have a problem with the entire other clan and itsn't reasonable about it, its grounds for removal from their clan. We went over this about a month or two ago when there was a lot of shakeup.

Craven - I know you did not want us to post here, but once the Jimmie thing happened it kind of went off topic. I only posted in here because it pretained to my question and was a better idea then me stating a whole new thread.

[quote name='craven_fiend']
If his is talk enough to get the boot, where does that place Jimmie's comments?[/QUOTE]
Well Jimmie didn't say that he had a problem with the whole CAG clan.

Right, placing disdain over one of two clans because they have a well documented history of starting problems will get me booted? Oh that's wierd, I thought Jimmy's comments set a sort of "anything goes, say whatever the fuck you want, to whoever you want" sort of precedent, silly me for wanting that type of shit to stop.

EDIT: Went back over my comments, seems as if I am sort of targetting the entire cagtac clan, when infact only a select few are asses, when everyone else seems to be just fine. I just want to make it clear that when I mention cagtac, I mean to reference those select few who seem hell bent on starting arguments, simply because they've momentarily loss there boner for Halo 2 and need to find something else to occupy there time.

[quote name='zewone']Well, you see whether it be from CAG or CAGtacular, when someone shows that they have a problem with the entire other clan and itsn't reasonable about it, its grounds for removal from their clan. We went over this about a month or two ago when there was a lot of shakeup.

Craven - I know you did not want us to post here, but once the Jimmie thing happened it kind of went off topic. I only posted in here because it pretained to my question and was a better idea then me stating a whole new thread.[/quote]

I know, but I would've like for it to have stayed the way it was, but shit happens. I'd rather not have to have the flaming between the clans start back up, but when given matches and the gasoline, the place is going to get burnt down.

[quote name='zewone'] Well Jimmie didn't say that he had a problem with the whole CAG clan.[/QUOTE]

The issue is what he did say though. What he said did not need to be said, all it was meant to do was stir up shit, which is not needed.

Who cares if I bitch a lot of things, so what. Who cares what shrike does in the OTT, its his business? Who cares if Jimmie is an asshole, he is still going to get away with it? You see what I mean.

I had no issues with Jimmie, but this is bullshit. I have never been disrespectful, intentionally, to any member of either clan, and atleast respect some form of respect back. I get it from most people, and thats good enough. Would I enjoy being respected by everyone? You bet you ass, but I know it won't happen. And I can live with that.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Right, placing disdain over one of two clans because they have a well documented history of starting problems will get me booted? Oh that's wierd, I thought Jimmy's comments set a sort of "anything goes, say whatever the fuck you want, to whoever you want" sort of precedent, silly me for wanting that type of shit to stop.

EDIT: Went back over my comments, seems as if I am sort of targetting the entire cagtac clan, when infact only a select few are asses, when everyone else seems to be just fine. I just want to make it clear that when I mention cagtac, I mean to reference those select few who seem hell bent on starting arguments, simply because they've momentarily loss there boner for Halo 2 and need to find something else to occupy there time.[/QUOTE]
Okay.

I believe it's time to lock this sucker up, it's accomplished it's goal and now it's nothing more than a silly arguement over some bullshit comments.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Right, placing disdain over one of two clans because they have a well documented history of starting problems will get me booted? Oh that's wierd, I thought Jimmy's comments set a sort of "anything goes, say whatever the fuck you want, to whoever you want" sort of precedent, silly me for wanting that type of shit to stop.[/QUOTE]

We don't really "start problems" as much as we're more vocal about problems before they get outta hand.

My comments are just that, MY comments. I'm a big boy, I can say what ever I want and if I get three strikes or what ever the hell it is they're using to keep everyone civil, than so be it. I guess when that happens we all find out what happens next.

Bottom line is this, CAGtac is cooler. We always have been and we always will be. You guy try to take everyone and bend over backwards to make everyone happy but in the end, what have you got? Nothing. There's nary a person (save one or two) in CAG that wouldn't jump over if we asked them. In terms most of you can understand, CAGtac is the football team and CAG is the color guard.

You CAG guys are falling apart. You know why? No connection with the people you play with. Instead of worrying about who's not showing up from practice and all that jazz why not worry about who's on and who you can make work with each person's style. But you don't, and it shows.

But by all means, don't let my comments change anything you keep doing what it is you're doing, it must be working if you've made it this far.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You CAG guys are falling apart. You know why? No connection with the people you play with. Instead of worrying about who's not showing up from practice and all that jazz why not worry about who's on and who you can make work with each person's style. But you don't, and it shows.[/quote]

I can agree with this. We are falling apart as a clan, because no one ever wants to play this any more. You don't really know too much about what we do when it comes to running the CAG clan Jimmie. We try different team combos and see who can work the best with whom. Yeah we can play on the fly too. This is an issue you are clueless about. Sure we do worry about people no showing, but thats because we want everyone to be able to play with oneanother and feel good going into a clan match.

[quote name='JimmieMac']But by all means, don't let my comments change anything you keep doing what it is you're doing, it must be working if you've made it this far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input, and while we could be doing much better, we could also be doing much worse. This clan is a mix of what the old one was, and the reason we split. Some guys are more casual than others, and thats fine. The only point where it gets out of hand is months on end with nothing to show for the clan other than a big fat 0. And the more serious guys that play together often. These 2 types can co-exist and be coherent, if given the chance. And thats what I am doing, giving people a chance to play with other CAGs and have a good time.

But to each his own.

bread's done
Back