I need to pass a drug test (UPDATE: Got the job!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Young

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I'm going for a job interview later today at AC Hoffman Engineering in Riverside. My neighbor has worked there for a while and told me that they're hiring for 25 new full time positions. He put in a recommendation for me and said that he's almost 100% certain I'll get hired. The only problem is that I'd have to pass a drug test, and I just smoked weed about a week ago.

I desparately need this job as I have been unemployed since November, and right now I'm about to turn 21, my parents are selling the house, and my girlfriend is wanting us to get an apartment together. I can't afford to not get the job because of failing a drug test.

Does anyone know of any products I can purchase to pass the test, that you know from experience are effective?

heres a novel idea, dont smoke weed stupid. good luck being unemployed for another couple years.....actaully im pretty sure you could get a job at burger king.

I knew some jackass would respond with something like that. Obviously, you are one of those fools who believes the exaggerations that the government propagates via those ridiculous commercials.

Had I known this would happen, I would not have smoked. Still, you have no right to judge me. I smoke very rarely, and I don't waste my money on it. Who are you to say that's wrong? It's also funny that you call me stupid considering I am an incredibly intelligent individual with a genius level IQ who, judging by your spelling and punctuation, is way ahead of you in that area.

There is something that you can take that will rid your system of any traces of marijuana within 24h of consuming it, it is sold over the over counter. I am not sure what the name of it is. Do a google search. That is if they do do a urine test, if they do a hair test, well you're screwed. Nickmad is right though, harsh but right. Consider your actions before you act.

Here I found something.

[quote name='Matt Young']I knew some jackass would respond with something like that. Obviously, you are one of those fools who believes the exaggerations that the government propagates via those ridiculous commercials.

Had I known this would happen, I would not have smoked. Still, you have no right to judge me. I smoke very rarely, and I don't waste my money on it. Who are you to say that's wrong? It's also funny that you call me stupid considering I am an incredibly intelligent individual with a genius level IQ who, judging by your spelling and punctuation, is way ahead of you in that area.[/QUOTE]

genius eh? why come to an internet message board for help? if your so smart, figure it out yourself. again, your an idiot.

I don't think theres anything wrong with smoking weed, but if you're looking for a job, and knowing that most places do drug test, you shouldn't be smoking. Its one thing to smoke once in a while, its another when it costs you a job, thats when it becomes a "problem".

Anyway, aside from any over the counter stuff that may or may not work, you need to exercise a *ton* and drink lots of water and cranberry juice. You need to be exercising 24/7 at this point, and hard. Basically you need to exercise and drink yourself to death to get clean that soon. Hope they don't test you today... I hope you get the job, but try and be more responsible when you're looking for work.

The other guy is right though, if its a hair test, you're screwed, but they very rarely do those.

[quote name='nickmad']genius eh? why come to an internet message board for help? if your so smart, figure it out yourself. again, your an idiot.[/QUOTE]

It's "you're".

I didn't say I was a genius. I said I had a genius level IQ.

I came to this board to ask because I want to know for sure that the product will work. I'm sure someone here has been in a similar predicament, and thus might know of a reliable product.

At any rate, I'm done killing brain cells by arguing with you.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's "you're".

I didn't say I was a genius. I said I had a genius level IQ.

I came to this board to ask because I want to know for sure that the product will work. I'm sure someone here has been in a similar predicament, and thus might know of a reliable product.

At any rate, I'm done killing brain cells by arguing with you.[/QUOTE]

you dont have anymore to kill becasue you sat around being an unemployed genuis smoking weed.

[quote name='nickmad']you dont have anymore to kill becasue you sat around being an unemployed genuis smoking weed.[/QUOTE]
Mad kill it, you've made your point.

As I said, I'm not going to continue arguing with you, but I will state that the reason i have been unemployed is because it is incredibly difficult to find a job in southern California (other than fast food) without a degree. There are a lot of people out here and there is a lot of competition. I certainly haven't been sitting around.

Thank you to the others for your suggestions. I have been consuming a lot of water, and I know it will be a urine test rather than a hair test. Still, I'd feel much better if I could find a cleansing product that works.

i kno theres some detox stuff online, rayden found something, nvm :p!..umm do u kno if they watch u "do the test"? cus u cus sneak some1s else's stuff with u ( thats if its a urine test, im not sure if itll be another kind) ive never been in this situation b4 ...hey i just noticed, the google ads on the bottom of this thread have some detox things for sale :p

edit : dont some dug stores *no pun intended* sell some kinds of detox? i THINK i might have seen something in cvs awhile back, but im not too sure...neways good luck man :x

[quote name='dafoomie']The other guy is right though, if its a hair test, you're screwed, but they very rarely do those.[/QUOTE]

The name's ShadowRayden pal, got that? Hehe :D

You need to clean out your system pronto. They probably won't drug test on the day of the interview. You need to drink things that will make you urinate. Cranberry juice and water are good choices. Drink as much as you can. Also, if you are in a time crunch, go to a local drug store and ask for an OTC diuretic (sp?). Diuretics are drugs that make you urinate even more.

*EDIT - Drink 8 glasses of water or cranberry juice in the 2 hours prior to the test. Drinking for days won't help, just before the test.

Oh yeah, and take a Vitamin B supplement so your urine doesn't look clear from all of the watering down.

*EDIT - 50-100 mg of B-2 or B-12.

You realize that they can tell if you've been monkeying around with your system (ie: drinking tons of Cranberry Juice or Vinegar), and if you have been, then it counts as an automatic positive (they consider it an admission of guilt).

I don't know if drinking excess water counts under this category though. I think it has something to do with the PH balance of your urine, but they test for other things too.

[quote name='evilmax17']You realize that they can tell if you've been monkeying around with your system (ie: drinking tons of Cranberry Juice or Vinegar), and if you have been, then it counts as an automatic positive (they consider it an admission of guilt).

I don't know if drinking excess water counts under this category though. I think it has something to do with the PH balance of your urine, but they test for other things too.[/QUOTE]

Vinegar, yes. Cranberry Juice, not so much. And I would agree that your best chances for not getting caught are 8 glasses of WATER before the test and a Vitamin B supplement (do not exceed the normal dosage on this or it will look like you are trying to cheat).

P.S. All of my advice on this subject is clearly meant for the testing of the validity of home testing kits in an at home environment. Cheating a drug test meant for employment purposes would be immoral and most likely illegal. And for that matter, I recommend not using illegal drugs as the government does not permit their usage.

[quote name='nickmad']heres a novel idea, dont smoke weed stupid. good luck being unemployed for another couple years.....actaully im pretty sure you could get a job at burger king.[/QUOTE]

congratulations on being a dick :roll:

[quote name='evilmax17']You realize that they can tell if you've been monkeying around with your system (ie: drinking tons of Cranberry Juice or Vinegar), and if you have been, then it counts as an automatic positive (they consider it an admission of guilt).

I don't know if drinking excess water counts under this category though. I think it has something to do with the PH balance of your urine, but they test for other things too.[/QUOTE]

Evilmax is right. They can tell if you mess around with your system, which would automatically count as a positive. This just happened to one of my good friends.

I would say your best bet would be to hope that most of the weed is out of your system so that way you can play it off as eating something that had poppy seeds in it and take another test in a few days or you can do lots of physical activity which in turn would require you to drink lots of liquids (Keep in mind drinking too much water can make you ill).

I work in a lab that does random testing every 2 weeks so no smoking for me.

Anyhow best of luck and try not to smoke next time you apply for a job.

[quote name='kill3r7']Evilmax is right. They can tell if you mess around with your system, which would automatically count as a positive. This just happened to one of my good friends.

I would say your best bet would be to hope that most of the weed is out of your system so that way you can play it off as eating something that had poppy seeds in it and take another test in a few days or you can do lots of physical activity which in turn would require you to drink lots of liquids (Keep in mind drinking too much water can make you ill).

I work in a lab that does random testing every 2 weeks so no smoking for me.

Anyhow best of luck and try not to smoke next time you apply for a job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the moral of the story here is that you might get lucky and pass without cheating and you might get lucky and pass by cheating. Either way, its a crap shoot. Good luck to you, and hopefully you will lay off the sticky icky if you get the job.

This is gonna sound sketchy, but go to a local head shop and tell them that you need to pass a drug test. Those little kits that they have - as far as I can tell, having several friends who've used them, they work super well. Seriously.

[quote name='dafoomie']I don't think theres anything wrong with smoking weed, but if you're looking for a job, and knowing that most places do drug test, you shouldn't be smoking. Its one thing to smoke once in a while, its another when it costs you a job, thats when it becomes a "problem".

Anyway, aside from any over the counter stuff that may or may not work, you need to exercise a *ton* and drink lots of water and cranberry juice. You need to be exercising 24/7 at this point, and hard. Basically you need to exercise and drink yourself to death to get clean that soon. Hope they don't test you today... I hope you get the job, but try and be more responsible when you're looking for work.

The other guy is right though, if its a hair test, you're screwed, but they very rarely do those.[/QUOTE]

Really? Every job I've ever had to be tested for went directly to the hair test.

[quote name='onetrackmind']congratulations on being a dick :roll:[/QUOTE]
He may be a dick, but he is correct. If you're going to be an idiot and smoke pot, don't cry about having to take a drug test.

I never would smoke (risk/reward calculation) but Marijuana laws are stupid in this country (as with everything else upheld by the "moral" right)

As masterh said, go find some "clear tests".

[quote name='camoor']I never would smoke (risk/reward calculation) but Marijuana laws are stupid in this country (as with everything else upheld by the "moral" right)

As masterh said, go find some "clear tests".[/QUOTE]

Marijuana laws in this country keep the price of the stuff artifically high. Considering many politicians make a tidy sum off of that fact there isn't exactly much incentive for them to start legalizing drugs. Businesses most likely would still ban drugs from their employees anyway though considering outside of a few industries drug testing is done by choice. Marijuana probably wouldn't be on the radar of course in that situation, but then again old habits die hard so companies still might ban it from their employees even if it were legalized.

[quote name='JSweeney']Really? Every job I've ever had to be tested for went directly to the hair test.[/QUOTE]
You either look like a stoner, or you applied for higher level jobs. They don't do the hair test for burger flippers, it costs a lot more. The hair test gives a complete history of the drugs you've done in the last few years, a lot of employers are only interested in your recent history anyway.

If you want to go the someone elses urine route, theres always this, Onterrio Smith approved product.
http://www.whizzinator.com/

[quote name='dafoomie']You either look like a stoner, or you applied for higher level jobs. They don't do the hair test for burger flippers, it costs a lot more. The hair test gives a complete history of the drugs you've done in the last few years, a lot of employers are only interested in your recent history anyway.

If you want to go the someone elses urine route, theres always this, Onterrio Smith approved product.
http://www.whizzinator.com/[/QUOTE]

i worked at anheuser busch here in st. louis awhile back giving tours and they gave me a urine and hair drug test (this job only paid 7.50 an hour) and i passed the test even though i had smoked weed probably like 5 months prior to the test.

[quote name='kill3r7']
I would say your best bet would be to hope that most of the weed is out of your system so that way you can play it off as eating something that had poppy seeds in it and take another test in a few days or you can do lots of physical activity which in turn would require you to drink lots of liquids (Keep in mind drinking too much water can make you ill).[/QUOTE]

The test doesn't just show Y/N for their test, it can detect a whole load of different types of drugs. Poppy seeds only give false positives for the opiates portion of a drug test. I was lucky enough to find that out last summer when I started an internship.

Piece of advice for job seekers, don't do drugs.

ok heres the deal. Drink a lot of cranberry juice and if u could have some shots of vinager. Trust me. It will work. I am a avid weed smoker and know every way around this. Also when is ur interview. I live in the city so maybe if u want i can get the juice that is specially made to clean ur system and send it to you. Gluck

I cant believe all of you are giving this guy bogus information. He does not want to know how to "clean" his system with water/cranberry juice/vinegar as that will not work in the first place.

You need to go to GNC and ask them for "system cleanser". Make sure you ask them for that; if you ask for something to pass a urine test they will not sell it to you. Make sure you get the 32fl oz bottle that will cost anywhere between 60 and 100 bucks based on the GNC you go to. You will need to drink this whole thing one hour before your drug test. Then you have a window of five hours to go to your test and pass it clean. This will work for both a urine/blood test. If you have a hair test however the only place I know of to buy products to pass that would be online, like at passmydrugtest.com. Hope this helps you more than the bs everyone else has been telling you; as everything else is pretty much rumor/urban legend bs that really does not work.

Hey dont drink alot of water! In fact..........i have no idea what the hell you can do, but i do know if you drink to much water you will fail the drug test auto. They can tell if you sat around and drunk 34 gallons of water within the a 24 hour period and they will most likely fail you because they will know that you are trying to cover something up.

I see no problem with smoking weed, hell its better than doing a million things that are considered legal but are morally wrong. Instead of smoking weed you can open a car insurance place we all know those are the most wicked places on aside from cigerate companies on the planet. Or you can open a car plant and ship cars that you KNOW are defective and wait til they kill 2 thousand people before recalling them just because its cost effective. I dont do any drugs just for this very reason though, i am not bagging on you and i KNOW how you feel though.

I was looking for a job for god damn 3 months before i got hired at sears this summer, and looking for a job is god damn depressing as hell but you should find something else to do rather than smoking weed to pick up your moral.

I would suggest that over the counter stuff though i think they can tell if you took it or not. I dont know man, but i wish you the best of luck.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']How did you stay unemployed and afford weed??[/QUOTE]

Was wondering that myself. Not to be a dick, as you called the other guy, but if you were unemployed, did the fact of a drug test ever enter as a thought in the near future?

As far as the government propaganda you mention, maybe it's true maybe it's not. It's ironic however that stoners point fingers at those of us who choose not to do this shit as being dumb asses, but at the same time they are shocked when they get canned due to random drug tests. They know it's possible, they know it's not allowed, and right or wrong, most jobs now will either fire you or not hire you because of it.
They are then victims of the system.

If the stuff is right or wrong, that's your decision, I personally don't want anything to do with it. That's my choice, just like yours.
As far as reasons not to, Murtaugh said it best in Lethal Weapon. "cause beer is legal, grass ain't." Still, the right or wrong of it is up for interpretation.

I had the same problem.

Two easy solutions...

Get a milk container and fill it with water and drink it all day.

Drink the damn pickel juice.

I smoked weed two days prior to a drug test(didn't know it was coming) and passed it fine.

I have not touched the junk forever now.

I would have to agree fully with howlinmad, though it is your choice to do drugs and i could care less either way but dont complain that you are the on getting screwed over. I dont care if people smoke weed i just cant stand it when they cry about being fired because if it, I always look at them like "Well..............you are doing drugs."

[quote name='the3rdkey']I have not touched the junk forever now.[/QUOTE]
This is probably your best option.

Like we all know, it's illegal, and chances are good that the consequences are going to be far greater than any benefits you get from smoking marijuana.

That said...I really do hope that you get the job. It sounds like you need it.

[quote name='nickmad']Originally Posted by nickmad
heres a novel idea, dont smoke weed stupid. good luck being unemployed for another couple years.....actaully im pretty sure you could get a job at burger king.
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='onetrackmind']
congratulations on being a dick :roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree these statements were a little harsh, but many lf us have to admit the thought was hiding in the back of our minds. It's frustrating to watch people do drugs recreationally and then complain that things aren't "fair".

I hope you get the job, but I hope moreso that you quit smoking weed. At the end of the day it's just entertainment - entertainment with high risk and high cost that you don't even need. I really like my Gamecube, but if someone told me it could cost me my job, my personal freedom (jail), and my health I think I could find a way to live without it...

[quote name='darock910']I cant believe all of you are giving this guy bogus information. He does not want to know how to "clean" his system with water/cranberry juice/vinegar as that will not work in the first place.

You need to go to GNC and ask them for "system cleanser". Make sure you ask them for that; if you ask for something to pass a urine test they will not sell it to you. Make sure you get the 32fl oz bottle that will cost anywhere between 60 and 100 bucks based on the GNC you go to. You will need to drink this whole thing one hour before your drug test. Then you have a window of five hours to go to your test and pass it clean. This will work for both a urine/blood test. If you have a hair test however the only place I know of to buy products to pass that would be online, like at passmydrugtest.com. Hope this helps you more than the bs everyone else has been telling you; as everything else is pretty much rumor/urban legend bs that really does not work.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you do this you'll fail the test due to the fact that your system will be abnormally clean. The way a system cleaner works is by flushing out all execess minerals and other nutrients in your body. Just like the name suggests it flushes out everything. So you would have abnormal levels (pH) when compared to a normal person.

There is full no proof way to avoid from getting caught besides staying drug free. If you need a job that badly you probably shouldn't be doing drugs anyways.

[quote name='chosen1s']I agree these statements were a little harsh, but many lf us have to admit the thought was hiding in the back of our minds. It's frustrating to watch people do drugs recreationally and then complain that things aren't "fair".

I hope you get the job, but I hope moreso that you quit smoking weed. At the end of the day it's just entertainment - entertainment with high risk and high cost that you don't even need. I really like my Gamecube, but if someone told me it could cost me my job, my personal freedom (jail), and my health I think I could find a way to live without it...[/QUOTE]

I was agreeing fully all the way up until you said gamecube......................:whistle2:#

Hey good luck with this, even though I'm not really supportive of weed smoking I don't really care. Hope your employer isn't a CAG.

[quote name='Tiphireth']Or, I'm sure you could find a way to smuggle your friend's piss in with you.

Of course, I've never taken the drug test, so I don't know much about it otherwise.[/QUOTE]

It really just depends on the place ... I've had tests where it was just me and a cup in a closed room, and I've had test where there was a guy not 2 feet away staring me down. :lol:

Unless you are going to be a rock star, actor or self-employed then you should really consider not doing any drugs after college. I don't know anyone in their 20s who is on the path to success and still does drugs from time to time (I'm sure there are exceptions though). I'm not judging you or anything - do what you want - but know that after a certain point (probably sometime between 25 and 30) doing drugs kind of becomes sad and pathetic when the people around you are advancing in their careers and getting their shit together. Damn I've become lame in my old age.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']It really just depends on the place ... I've had tests where it was just me and a cup in a closed room, and I've had test where there was a guy not 2 feet away staring me down. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Was this your audition at the Birdcage? :lol:

I'm willing to bet it's the closed room, as it is an engineering firm.

Mmmmmm weed.... :drool:

Best way to pass a piss test, have a good friend and a condom. This depends on if they make you open the door or other things... But generally, just put a pin hole in the condom and drain it into the cup and flush the rest. The bad part is you have to keep the empty condom on you somewhere. A plastic bag would be smart. Put the filled condom in warm water until you leave and then tie/tape it to your leg to keep it warm.

If its a hair test... shave your head?

well Pot is a fat soluble drug which is why it stays in the body for atleast 30 days. I have known people that exercise like crazy to hopefully break it down in their bodies. I dont really know about the shit u buy online, but I have heard that in the time before the drug test to drink lots of water, just not the day or so before it. I have plenty of friends who stopped smokin for a job and once they get it they get back on the horse. Good luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back