Disgaea, Atelier Iris, Nocturne, DDS, Riviera, Makai Kingdom all getting reprints!

V

Virtua

We got the message in today that all these games would be recieving reprints. No word as to how much of a reprint, but we are encouraged to get pre-orders on these titles as if they were new games coming out. Looks like these are gonna be a lot easier to find.

I work at gamecrazy, I dunno if any other stores are doing this.

I.. can't... decide!

Do I try to sell disgaea, which I haven't opened yet, and maybe, if I ever feel like playing it (supposing I finish la pucelle first) try to buy it cheaper?

If I do, I will cause the reprints to be cancelled, just like when I got the Rez reprint cancelled by selling my copy for $47.

I'll wait until someone else can confirm this... I don't wanna sell them for whatever they're worth now only to be screwed later on.

Any idea when the reprints will be shipped to retailers?

And what did we learn from this kids? Video games are a bad investment. If you wanna make money go learn about the stock market or real estate or even just get a savings account.

[quote name='jimbodan']And what did we learn from this kids? Video games are a bad investment. If you wanna make money go learn about the stock market or real estate or even just get a savings account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but stocks are boring... videogames provide fun AND resale value, a combo you can't beat.:lol:

I didn't buy disgaea to speculate... I fully intended to play it. However, I've got so many more games than I do free time... Most of you know what I mean.

[quote name='eldad9']I didn't buy disgaea to speculate... I fully intended to play it. However, I've got so many more games than I do free time... Most of you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

Even if Disgaea gets rereleased it will come out at $50, so after you account for ebay fees and tax you probably won't make much selling your copy. I'd say keep it unless of course you aren't planning on playing disgaea for 6+ months by which time the additional copies will probably have resulted in a decent drop in the value of a used copy.

Looks like not getting Atelier Iris, Digital Devil Saga, and Makai Kingdom relatively quickly, may actually pay off; if this is true. Even if it isn't, theres always a few places that end up slipping through the craps and I'll get lucky scoring a game.

Kind of like yesterday, I thought I was lucky to have gotten a new/sealed Riviera at my local EB, then I come to find out theres possibly a reprint on the way. Oh well, still a score for me.

Didnt Makai Kingdom just came out? AI and Riviera are also out recently. It would be more like a second shippment than a reprint. The only game missing is Tactics Ogre now.

Good, now I can actually afford this stuff. I've been wanting to try Disgaea and DDS for a while now, and I hope to acquire a copy of Riviera. Way to go Atlus and NIS, delay the insanity!

[quote name='Sulmona']is DDS even hard to find, my TRU had like 6 copies last time i was there...[/QUOTE]

My EB still has plenty of copies of the deluxe edition... don't know about the regular edition. But I was under the impression that DDS didn't need a reprint; there seemed to be plenty of copies of the game.

i never understand why companies dont make reprints of any games in demand, unless they no longer have the license (like MvC2) I do not see why it is financially sound for the company to do that. Imagine how much konami would make if they re-released suikoden ii, they could probably still charge $50 and sell a bunch of copies.

[quote name='jer7583']We got the message in today that all these games would be recieving reprints. No word as to how much of a reprint, but we are encouraged to get pre-orders on these titles as if they were new games coming out. Looks like these are gonna be a lot easier to find.[/QUOTE]

i wont belive it till i see it. i mean there i really no reason to reprint Atelier Iris and makai kingdom. I mean they just came out and they are easy to find why reprint them.

didnt you get something FREE if you owned the first print of Disgaea when the 2nd print happen few years back. I think you got a free guide or something so Disgaea has already been reprinted

i really dont care if they get reprinted or not, now if they would get reprinted at the Greatest hits price 20 bucks then i would be bouncing off the walls. but in the end i still say this is Fake. Maybe gamecrazy is getting more copies in BUT if there was going to be a massive Reprints It would be on the webpage just like RIVIERA was. Just cause they remade one game dont mean they are going to remake them all

i say its just a nice try at trying to get people to panic and dump their stuff. Then again EVEN if a remake is coming you will have weeks to dump your stuff on ebay. I still remember dumping FFT first print on ebay for 150 bucks right after i heard the reprint was coming

Frankly, the cost of reproducing the game, distributing it and the miniscule sales to the select public who are interested in the game isn't worth it compared to the profits from a hyped up new game.

[quote name='nikkai']Frankly, the cost of reproducing the game, distributing it and the miniscule sales to the select public who are interested in the game isn't worth it compared to the profits from a hyped up new game.[/QUOTE]

But if they release the games in a collection, usually they do well. If Konami released Suikoden I and II together with some minor enhancements, then I'd bet they could turn out a nice profit.

I emailed Atlus about the reprints... but haven't received an answer yet.

What are the odds that both Atlus (SMT / DDS / Riviera) and NIS America (Atelier Iris, Makai Kingdom) would decide simultaneously to re-print their games. Not to mention what many other posters have said that many of these just came out very recently. Sounds a little like wishful thinking to me, though I wouldn't mind watching the ebay hoarders squirm! :)

[quote name='jerfgoke']What are the odds that both Atlus (SMT / DDS / Riviera) and NIS America (Atelier Iris, Makai Kingdom) would decide simultaneously to re-print their games. Not to mention what many other posters have said that many of these just came out very recently. Sounds a little like wishful thinking to me, though I wouldn't mind watching the ebay hoarders squirm! :)[/QUOTE]

Good point. Especially Makai Kingdom, didn't it just come out last week ?

[quote name='jer7583']We got the message in today that all these games would be recieving reprints. No word as to how much of a reprint, but we are encouraged to get pre-orders on these titles as if they were new games coming out. Looks like these are gonna be a lot easier to find.[/QUOTE]
Liar! Proof needed.

[quote name='sying']Liar! Proof needed.[/QUOTE]

It came in the Game Crazy nation-wide store announcements, called Hot Mail. My buddy called me yesterday and told me about it.

What I'm concerned is.... does anyone think Makai Kingdom will become like Disgaea, hard to find and super expensive? Or will it turn out like La Pucelle and Phantom Kingdom...at every store and $20?

[quote name='jerfgoke']What are the odds that both Atlus (SMT / DDS / Riviera) and NIS America (Atelier Iris, Makai Kingdom) would decide simultaneously to re-print their games. [/QUOTE]

I believe that Atlus handles the distribution for NIS America.

Cool I can actually get some of the games I want to play for less than insane prices and it should screw the people with multiple copies of the games on their shelves, two for one deal.

[quote name='redgopher']It came in the Game Crazy nation-wide store announcements, called Hot Mail. My buddy called me yesterday and told me about it.

What I'm concerned is.... does anyone think Makai Kingdom will become like Disgaea, hard to find and super expensive? Or will it turn out like La Pucelle and Phantom Kingdom...at every store and $20?[/QUOTE]
phantom brave*

phantom kingdom is the japanese name for makia kingdom. Sorry that just bugged me.

I doubt reprints but disgaea, makai, and riveria i already have so i don't really care.

this is just like Way back people was saying REZ was going to be reprinted and Never happened. I wouldnt Be selling my sealed games just yet.

Also, in the midst of all this rejoicing, it should probably be pointed out that if you didn't pick up these games the first go-around, the odds are you won't this time either unless they lower the price, which to me seems doubtful. Most of the games in question could be purchased at or slightly above retail for quite some time or even now.

Maybe, just maybe, this will drive the used price down a little, but knowing Atlus--and looking at prices after the previous reprint of Disgaea--I'd put my money on no.

I guess my point is that if you're at all interested in these games, PLEASE just pay retail (the games are definitely WORTH IT!!) while you can before the hoarders snatch them all up and we're back to the daily flood of threads asking where so-and-so can get sealed SMT/Disgaea/Riviera/etc. for less than ebay prices.

I dont know what to do...

I have 5 copies of Disgaea (4 used and 1 sealed)

This same thing did happen to Rez before but it was never released.....I would feel dumb selling them if the game was never reprinted, besides Disgaea was already reprinted once...I dont think that they would reprint it again.

I guess I will just wait until they confirm the reprints before I take any action.

Atlus reprint a rpg that was released last week? Highly doubtful. Atlus has hardly reprinted any of its games, much less half a dozen at once. What might be happening is one retailer getting in extra stock. I recall about three or four years after Xenogears was released, before it went Greatest Hits, EB games was sent more copies and was selling them for $39.99 a pop.

i put my sealed Disgaea up on eBay today. I only bought it a week ago at Microcenter. Hopefully ill make a few bucks from the deal.
Also put up a OOP Wrens - Secaucus CD that i bought for $2 a long time ago =]

Damn, this is making me wonder... should I sell now or wait? Can't an employee outside of GC confirm this?

[quote name='slidecage']this is just like Way back people was saying REZ was going to be reprinted and Never happened. I wouldnt Be selling my sealed games just yet.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to this point :whistle2:(

I was interested in a cheap copy of REZ . . .

[quote name='Banshee350']I dont know what to do...

I have 5 copies of Disgaea (4 used and 1 sealed)

This same thing did happen to Rez before but it was never released.....I would feel dumb selling them if the game was never reprinted, besides Disgaea was already reprinted once...I dont think that they would reprint it again.

I guess I will just wait until they confirm the reprints before I take any action.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but why 5 copies of Disgaea, especially if only 1 is sealed?

bread's done
Back