Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I thought it would make sense for us to track all Xbox 360 pre-order packages in one thread.

It seems while most online retailers will require you to order a bundle, B&M retailers will let you put down a $50 deposit and will not make order a bundle.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com (non-bundle orders canceled)
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle - Teen $800
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle - Mature $800
[Sold out]Xbox 360 Core Bundle - Mature $800
[Sold out]Xbox 360 Core Bundle - Teen $800

Costco.com
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Bundle - $479.99

iconeb_r1.gif
EBgames.com (old thread)
EBgames is sold out of their launch allotment.
[Sold out] Ultimate Bundle $699.92
[Sold out] Core Bundle $599.93

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com
[Sold out] [font=Verdana,Arial]Xbox 360 Core Bundle[/font] $699.91
[Sold out][font=Verdana,Arial]Xbox 360 Silver Bundle[/font] $799.90
[Sold out][font=Verdana,Arial]Xbox 360 Gold Bundle[/font] $899.88
[Sold out][font=Verdana,Arial]Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle[/font] $1,199.83
Xbox 360 Omega Bundle $1,999.69
Xbox 360 Omega Bundle w/42" Plasma TV $4,499.68

GameRush (B&M)
Must place a $100 down for the reserve.
You can only reserve the $399 system.
There is only going to be 10 people at each store to be able to pre-order for launch.

RitzCamera.com
[Sold out]Core: $350
[Sold out]Premium: $419

SamsClub.com (requires $30 membership)
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Hardware Bundle $449.42 (includes premium system, charge 'n' play)

iconwalmart_r3.gif
almart.com

Sold out of launch allotment. All Walmart bundles let you choose the games.
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Game Bundle from $579.16 (core system)
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Live Bundle from $579.16 (core system)
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Pro Bundle from $719.32 (premium system)
[Sold out] Xbox 360 Customer Choice Bundlefrom $689.06 (premium system)

[quote name='shrike4242']$1200 for a bundle? :shock:

Reminds me why I wanted to wait on this beastie.[/QUOTE]Um, don't you mean $1,199.83. That $0.17 makes all the difference.
That joke never gets old...ho ho ho

By the way, a birdie told me that EB sold quite a few 360 bundles last night, so somebody's buying 'em.

Holy sh*t........$1200 on a video game system bundle.......... it almost makes me want to stop playing video games.........

[quote name='CheapyD']
By the way, a birdie told me that EB sold quite a few of those bundles last night.[/QUOTE]

What have I done!

As long as a similar post can do the same for Revolution (hopefully much cheaper) in 8 months or so, I'll be satisfied.

Thats freaking ridiculous. Heck, i just bought my Xbox like 4 months ago lol.
might have to do the same with the 360.

I would personally like the list of every idiot who buys this so that I can hunt them down for sheer stupidity.

$1200 is a lot of money.

I've seen many people post this on all the other threads, everyone being turned off by the bundles, if you want this stuff buy the bundle, IF NOT GO TO THE ACTUAL STORE. You know B&M and buy just the console, didn't think thats too hard to understand. Bundles on launch never save you any money anyway, maybe $10 if that.

They are starting to take Pre-orders for it at Gamerush but you had to be on the list of 20 people that each store had to get first dips on the pre-order. If a space is available after the people on the call list have pre-ordered then it will be first come first served.

Conditions of the pre-order:

Must place a $100 down for the reserve
You can only reserve the $399 system
There is only going to be 10 people at each store to be able to pre-order for launch.

[quote name='madportagee']I've seen many people post this on all the other threads, everyone being turned off by the bundles, if you want this stuff buy the bundle, IF NOT GO TO THE ACTUAL STORE. You know B&M and buy just the console, didn't think thats too hard to understand. Bundles on launch never save you any money anyway, maybe $10 if that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the retail stores either have the preorder lists full (so people wait for it online) or require you to put down $50 or some ridiculous amount of cash.

[quote name='CheapyD']Um, don't you mean $1,199.83. That $0.17 makes all the difference.
That joke never gets old...ho ho ho

By the way, a birdie told me that EB sold quite a few 360 bundles last night, so somebody's buying 'em.[/QUOTE]

If we find that any of those are CAGs, we send 'em off to GameFAQs. :lol:

And yes, that $0.17 makes all the difference. Partway to the price of a stamp to mail my paycheck to EB to pay for that.

Wtf type of marketing angle is this?
GameStop Informational Video
"Hey kids do you have 1,199.83$ + Tax which comes to about 1350? Well if you don't your parents do! I mean you deserve it Timmy! You failed only 2 classes this year, what are you parents going to say when you start bitching and saying "I hate you". That'll make your parents think your on the verge of suicide. Yah, those games which become greatest hits in 6 months! and sure you'll never use the HDD Drive! but just buy it so you can shove it in the face of that fat kid that always gets every new game out on the market."

This is actually a smart way for the retailers to move those hard to move core units. Otherwise, who is going to buy them?

Microsoft realizes SOMEONE is going to pay that much for it. Afterall some people were paying that much for a PS2 on EBay over christmas.

Never doubt the ability of a kid to compulsively want something.

I preorderd my XBOX 360 in June from EBGAMES B&M. # 23 of 29! Does anyone know if I am supposed to tell them which system I want, core or premium?

[quote name='Number83']I preorderd my XBOX 360 in June from EBGAMES B&M. # 23 of 29! Does anyone know if I am supposed to tell them which system I want, core or premium?[/QUOTE]

Each EB is only getting 2 "Core 360" system from what I was told last night, so they have to go down the pre-order list one by one to see which 2 people want them.

[quote name='ajh2298']Each EB is only getting 2 "Core 360" system from what I was told last night, so they have to go down the pre-order list one by one to see which 2 people want them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will fuck them up if they try to stick me with a core system...Maybe I should call them?

why is everyone complaining, if you dont want it dont buy... or rather since you cant afford it, stop complaining because you cant buy it.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, but the retail stores either have the preorder lists full (so people wait for it online) or require you to put down $50 or some ridiculous amount of cash.[/QUOTE]

$50 isn't that ridiculous when you're reserving a $400 item. They want to make sure the people are serious and don't want little kids coming for teh hottness at $5 a pop.

Why would you buy the $1200 bundle? Even if you wanted all those games (unlikely), that bundle doesn't save you any money as appose to buying the $800 bundle and the rest of the stuff in the $1200 bundle separatly.

I bet once the PS3 launches, the Xbox 360 will drop in price.........so if you can, hold off for about 6 months (just play the backlog of current gen games you have gotten from this wonderful site)

What really makes me love the 1200 dollar bundle is the GS fine print:

"Limit 1 per Household!"

:wall:

Yeah, I am sure they would hate it if someone ordered two.

I'm sooooooo glad I pre-ordered mine at Media Play before Memorial Day. The week they announced a pre-sale bundle for $50? Here you go.... $50 in store credit.

I knew this was going to happen. Anyone that's been through a launch knew this was going to happen. I can see the lines of giant nerds forming outside of CC, BB, TRU, Wal Mart and Target to avoid these ripoffs. I think I'll stop on the way home from getting mine and throw eggs at them.

I'm soooo glad I didn't pre-order at all, and still have a crisp 50-dollar bill in my pocket. I'll use it to buy eggs to throw at you. And scream LIBERAL LIBERAL! while doing it.

Anybody know what stores are still doing the $50 down pre-order deals?

I was hoping to get it at Target B&M using one of those 10% coupons the always send me in the mail for racking up large Target bills on their Visa Card.

Coconuts is still doing the $50 deal BUT, according to the one on Randolph and Michigan in downtown Chicago, you put down your $50, but don't get to decide which system you get. I'll be damned if I get stuck with a core system. So, I'll be taking the morning off to camp. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/24/news_6131860.html

Online gaming retailer sees EB Games' bundles, raises them $100.

EBgames.com tipped its hand on Xbox 360 preorder bundles yesterday, betting that gamers would be willing to shell out almost $600 to get their hands on an Xbox 360 Core System, four preselected games, and two accessories. Today, longtime competitor and future partner Gamestop.com saw that bet, and raised it $100.
dotclear.gif

Gamestop.com updated today with four preorder bundles for the Xbox 360, the least expensive of which clocks in at $699.91 for an Xbox Core System, an extra wired controller, a memory unit, a one-year product replacement plan, and five games: Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition, Project Gotham Racing 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Dead or Alive 4, and Call of Duty 2.

There's also an Xbox Silver bundle at $799.90, which comes with the premium edition of the console, the same five games, a wireless controller, a play and charge kit, a rechargeable battery pack, and a one-year replacement plan.

The Xbox Gold bundle is the same as the Silver bundle, but it comes with Kameo: Elements of Power and a 12-month subscription card to Xbox Live thrown in. It's going for $899.88 at the moment.

Finally, there's the Xbox Ultimate bundle, where $1,199.83 nets you the same things in the Gold bundle, plus Quake 4, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, GUN, Condemned, and Madden NFL 06.

Gamestop.com doesn't list a separate price for the product replacement plan, and a brick-and-mortar location GameSpot contacted didn't yet have a specific price on the plan either. As a result, it's difficult to say exactly how much these packages save consumers. However, adding up the elements of the Core bundle, the total retail price would be $669.92, which is minus the one-year product replacement plan. This means consumers would be paying an extra $29.99 for the extended coverage.

Turning to the Silver bundle, the retail price adds up to $771.91, meaning gamers would essentially be paying the extra $27.99 for the product replacement plan.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be no apparent price advantage to the Gold and Ultimate bundles, as the sum of their parts clock in at $871.89 and $1,171.84, respectively, each $27.99 shy of Gamestop.com's asking price for the replacement plan.

After glancing at the bundle descriptions, there's actually a reason not to go with the higher-end packages. Every game and accessory at the moment can be ordered separately, and the product description on the bundles warns that just like with EBgames.com, "GameStop.com reserves the right to substitute any given game in a bundle if that game becomes unavailable at launch." If that happens, Gamestop.com will give customers the option of canceling the order, but it seems to be a take-it-or-leave-it proposition at that point.

Regardless of which bundle Xbox 360 customers choose, or which retailer they go with, it seems the only certainty for the Xbox 360 launch date is that customers will go to bed much, much poorer than when they woke up

-
-
-

OW. My wallet just went to hide...

wow those prices suck. you could build a top of the line computer for the price of the silver bundle.

For the record, we are not forcing people to buy bundles at B&M, this is strictly online only. If you pre-order the 399 system, you will get what comes with that and not be forced to buy anything else. If this changes I will let you guys know...

[quote name='NegativeZero']why is everyone complaining, if you dont want it dont buy... or rather since you cant afford it, stop complaining because you cant buy it.[/QUOTE]
Good advice. I'll take it.

I put down $50 at my local Gamecrazy, along with $5 each on a VGA Cable and a wired controller. Add what will be a mellow midnight launch for the system (the store still had systems available) and I'm happy as pie. Beats waiting in the rain 5 hours straight at the PS2 launch fo' sure....

Anyone know if Gamestop (in particular) is forcing those who have already put the sufficient $50 (or more) preorder deposit down to get a bundle? I saw the four bundles on their website, and, well, "Shaq-Fu" that.

I'm going to call the store I preordered mine at, and with any luck, they'll have a clue as to what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if the major chains tried to get cute with this launch.

You do save some cash before tax and s/h, just look:

XBOX 360 - $399
Perfect Dark Collector's Edition - $59.99
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $59.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $59.99
Dead or Alive 4 - $59.99
Call of Duty 2 - $59.99
GUN - $59.99
Quake 4 - $59.99
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - $59.99
Condemned - $59.99
Madden NFL 06 - $59.99
Kameo - $59.99
XBOX Controller - $49.99
Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit - $19.99
Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery - $11.99
Xbox Live 12 Month Card - $49.99
1 Year Product Replacement Plan - N/A

XBOX 360 = $399.00
Games Total = $659.89
Accesories = $131.96
----------
$1190.85 w/o tax or shipping

I have yet to see a place that preorders without all of the crap for the 360. What is B&M? I do not like the header for this. PS2 did not have bundles when it came out. I ordered the system 6 months before release and got everything I wanted.

Thx,
Dave

[quote name='neudog']You do save some cash before tax and s/h, just look:

XBOX 360 - $399
Perfect Dark Collector's Edition - $59.99
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $59.99
Dead or Alive 4 - $59.99
Call of Duty 2 - $59.99
GUN - $59.99
Quake 4 - $59.99
Condemned - $59.99
Madden NFL 06 - $59.99
Kameo - $59.99
XBOX Controller - $49.99

XBOX 360 = $399.99
Games Total = $659.89
Accesories = $131.96
----------
$1190.85 w/o tax or shipping[/QUOTE]

Let's fix that up a little bit:

XBOX 360 - $399.99
Perfect Dark Collector's Edition - $49.99
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $49.99
Dead or Alive 4 - $59.99
Call of Duty 2 - $59.99
GUN - $59.99
Quake 4 - $59.99
Condemned - $59.99
Madden NFL 06 - $59.99
Kameo - $49.99
XBOX Controller - $49.99

XBOX 360 = $399.99
Games Total = $629.89
Accesories = $131.96
$1161.84 w/o tax or shipping

Given the steep prices, forced bundles, limit per customer and limit per store, does anybody think this item will be rare?

It happened with the original PS2 and the slim PS2 redesign, but it didn't happen with the Xbox or the PSP.

[quote name='davidb69']Let's fix that up a little bit:

XBOX 360 - $399.99
Perfect Dark Collector's Edition - $49.99
Project Gotham Racing 3 - $49.99
Dead or Alive 4 - $59.99
Call of Duty 2 - $59.99
GUN - $59.99
Quake 4 - $59.99
Condemned - $59.99
Madden NFL 06 - $59.99
Kameo - $49.99
XBOX Controller - $49.99

XBOX 360 = $399.99
Games Total = $629.89
Accesories = $131.96
$1161.84 w/o tax or shipping[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing something, but Gamestop is selling $1160 worth of stuff for $1200? And if they lower the bundle price to take into consideration the cheaper 1st party games, they're selling $1160 worth of stuff for $1170? I'm all over that!

[quote name='davidb69']I have yet to see a place that preorders without all of the crap for the 360. What is B&M? I do not like the header for this. PS2 did not have bundles when it came out. I ordered the system 6 months before release and got everything I wanted.

Thx,
Dave[/QUOTE]

Im glad you dont like the title :)

MANY stores had special bundles you HAD to purchase no matter what, to get a system. KB Toys was one of the worst offenders not only forcing you to buy large bundles, but over charging on top of that.

game rush is taking pre orders on just the system as of today. $100.00 down. the only downside is that they are only guarantying 10 units per store anything after the first 10 gets put on a waiting list. I called 2 stores, one was already to the waiting list, the other had a couple preorders left. I went and put down my hundred bucks and the woman working stated that all the presells are for the 399.99 unit.

[quote name='jkircos']Did you guys see that they added an Omega Version? I can't believe its $2000!![/QUOTE]

Omega Bundle $1,999.69

360 Premium Pack ($399.00):
- Xbox 360 Game Console
- Wireless Controller
- Combination High-Definition Component & Standard A/V Cable
- 20GB Hard Drive
- Ethernet Cable
- Headset
- Universal Media Remote
- Xbox Live Silver
- Xbox Live Gold 30-Day Trial

Ultimate Bundle Games: