NFL Suicide Pool: The Championship Prize has gone MISSING!!! :(

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It is my sad duty to inform the participants that the prize for this years NFL Suicide Pool has gone missing and I believe it has been stolen.

I mailed the prize out to Shiznit on December 13th in the hopes that it would arrive before Christmas. Unfortunately, he never received the shipment. I assumed the delay was due to the holiday season. Also, he's located on the West Coast and I am on the East Coast. Still, the package should have arrived by now.

On Friday I received a letter from the post office in Los Angeles.

According to this letter the Post office found a piece of the box that was used to ship the prize pack. They said there may be loose items but I will have to send them a listing of everything in the package and they will try to recover those items. The prize box was well package and double taped.

They included the piece of the box with the mailing label on one side. On the other side, not shown, is a part of the shipping label that included my mailing address. So they at least have the whole front of the box.

It is my belief that the contents of the prize pack were stolen. I won't know that until I go through the whole process, but that is my suspicion. It is possible that the box broke and that the contents spilled out. And if we're lucky the contents are in the custody of the post office in Los Angeles. But right now I'm assuming the worst and that the prizes will not be recovered.

I'm already almost done with next years prize pack. So what i'm probably going to do is ask for Shiznit to list his favorite console and I'll send him something from that section. But unfortunately it won't be nearly as cool as what I was opffering this year. Alo, if I can recover some of the prizes I sent to him, I will send them to him as soon as I get them.

I am highly disappointed at this outcome. Generally I have had very good service at the post office and this is the first time I've ever had a problem such as this. but these things happen and I'm sure the items in my package were alluring to those who prey on the gifts sent during the holiday season.

I'll keep you guys updated if I hear any more news.

*** See post number 2 for game rules! **

Congratlations to Shiznit, this years winner. The weekly progressions are below as well as the winning gameplan.

The Champion - Won in Week 14
The Shiznit - Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, Bye, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins, Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers, Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, Minnesota Vikings

Week One Results
Week Two Results
Week Three Results
Week Four Results
Week Five Results
Week Six Results
Week Seven Results
Week Eight Results
Week Nine Results
Week Ten Results
Week Eleven Results
Week Twelve Results
Week Thirteen Results
Week Fourteen Results

Welcome to the Admiral's NFL Suicide Pool. The rules are simple. If you played last year you know the basics. If you haven't played before, you'll pick it up. I have added a couple new features though to hopefully prolong the game.

*** NFL Suicide Pool Rules ***

This is all done at my whim and leisure and I can alter rules or prizes anytime I want. I don't plan to, but sometimes the unforseen comes up and I need to be flexible. This will be a fair and fun pool where everyone gets equal opportunity. Please don't take this too seriously. Not to mention, there's always the Admiral's Money Back Guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the way this pool is run, you get your money back. Of course, to join is free, so you.... You get it.

How do I join?

Anyone can join in open enrollment that will end at noon on Thursday, September 8th. That's the day of the first game in the season. To join, all you have to do is post your team to win for that week. Remember, Open enrollment ENDS on September 8th at noon. No new players will be accepted after that.

How do I play?

Simple. Each week pick a team to flat out win its game. That team must win. If they lose, you're out. You may only pick a team once! Once you pick you're team, you cannot pick them again until the end of the season. That's it. So, if you pick New England in game one, you may not pick them again in games two through sixteen.

What about the playoffs?

This is where things can get tricky. But I really don't expect a bunch of players to survive to this point. But if they do....

The game will play as usual with a reset. So if you picked New England during the regular season, and they make the playoffs, you may pick them again once during the playoffs. But only once.

If there are less players than teams in the playoffs, we go to head to head rules. Once a team has been picked, no one else may pick that team. First come, first served. Again, the rule applies that if you picked a team once already in the playoffs you can't pick them again for the rest of the playoffs.

But hopefully no one will reach the playoffs.

What if everybody is eliminated in the same week?

Let's say three players are left by week ten and they all lose. We want a winner, right? So we'll call it a whammy and let them carry over to the next week until one is left standing. There can be only one. If somehow multiple players make it to the superbowl, we'll figure out a way to split up the prize pack, but I don't expect that happening.

What's new?

This year I want to try something a little different. We'll add a bye week. In the words of Spider-man, "Everybody gets one."

Basically, instead of picking a team, you use your bye. It gives you a week off. It's also a safety net. If you forget to get a pick in on time, your bye will be automatically used. But you only get one! You can use it at any time during the regular season. If you lose a game, and you haven't used it yet, a bye cannot save you.

When do picks need to be in?

Generally picks will be due by the early morning before a game is to be played. Usually that's late Saturday or Early Sunday. An exact date and dealine will be posted. Like the one for entry into the pool. That deadline is September 8th at noon! Picks that are late do not count! So get your picks in! If you miss one deadline and you have a bye it will be used automatically. Otherwise, you're out.

Feel free to change your pick at any time you want up until the deadlie. Once the pool is closed for that week, all picks will be finalized. But if on Monday you pick Green Bay and on Thursday you decide to go with Philadelphia, that's fine. I would prefer you edit your post to mark the change.

All picks should be made in this thread. Please do not PM me your pool picks.

I will be very strict with deadlines for fairness!

*** "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" ***

This years prizes will include...

-PS2-

DDR Extreme with Dance Pad. (Open box but brand new.)
Rygar
Arc the Lad

-Xbox-
The Suffering
Riddick

-GC-
Metroid Prime
Pandora Tomorrow
Baten Kaitos

-GBA-
Wario Ware
Fire Emblem

-PC-
F22 Lightning 3
Red Alert Arsenal
Tiberian Sun
Alice
Shogun
Sim City 3k
Star Wars Starfighter
Battle for Naboo

-Anime-
King Of Bandit Jing 1 w/Box
Last Exile 1
Plus a few more depending on what I have laying around.

And don't forget the swag. Everybody wants swag.

*** Last Words ***

So that's it. Get your picks in, don't pick the same team twice, and remember you have one bye week. Couldn't be simpler. And don't forget that at any time I can change or cancel things since this is being run at my whim. But I don't plan to and probably won't.

Good luck!

good shit...im in and i pick baltimore...its going to be a tough game against the colts, but if they lose, then i really wont care if i lose in this...either way, i believe we will hand the colts their asses

thx op

good shit...im in and i pick baltimore...its going to be a tough game against the colts, but if they lose, then i really wont care if i lose in this...either way, i believe we will hand the colts their asses

thx op

Okay, I think I got everything.

I added one new thing this year.. Now players can take a bye week if they want. You only get one though. If I missed something or a problem pops up I'll let you know.

Cool stuff, I wanna get in on it this year as I missed out last year.

Anyway for my first week I'll pick Houston.

That's what I'd prefer so I don't have to send a bunch of packages or figure out who gets what.

It's designed so that we get one winner out of it. I think the players would prefer that too. I forget who won last years.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']That's what I'd prefer so I don't have to send a bunch of packages or figure out who gets what.

It's designed so that we get one winner out of it. I think the players would prefer that too. I forget who won last years.[/QUOTE]

you might as well take down my shipping information right now ;)

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']you might as well take down my shipping information right now ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Baltimore over the Colts, ehh it'll be tough. Just look at last year. But anyways, I wouldn't want to use either of those teams this early in the season either way.

And time for my super crazy pick, Cardinals over the Giants.

Off Topic: Atleast you have faith in you team TSD and have reason to. The Bucs are just plan sorry right now, I can only hope Clayton and Williams can get them on track.

[quote name='craven_fiend']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Baltimore over the Colts, ehh it'll be tough. Just look at last year. But anyways, I wouldn't want to use either of those teams this early in the season either way.

And time for my super crazy pick, Cardinals over the Giants.

Off Topic: Atleast you have faith in you team TSD and have reason to. The Bucs are just plan sorry right now, I can only hope Clayton and Williams can get them on track.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know, i just figured wtf...that's my whole reasoning behind my pick, "wtf" :lol: i doubt ill last long in this thing anyway...but we'll see

I hate doing it, but I'm taking a BYE for week 1. I can't come up with any clear cut winners for week 1, week 2 looks a little easier (plus I get a chance to see how each team looks before I have to pick)

Gotta keep it up front.

[quote name='Jaket']green bay should be a safeish week 1 bet[/QUOTE]

We started last year in weeek 3 and I think people said the same thing back then too. Of course, Green Bay lost.

Green Bay is hardly a safish bet with Detroit's O. :p

The only safe one to me is New England, and I don't want to waste them yet.

Tennessee looks pretty brutal on paper, so I went with Pittsburgh. I don't see Tennessee getting many points.

[quote name='kittie']Green Bay is hardly a safish bet with Detroit's O. :p

The only safe one to me is New England, and I don't want to waste them yet.

Tennessee looks pretty brutal on paper, so I went with Pittsburgh. I don't see Tennessee getting many points.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you that Green Bay is hardly a safe bet at this point. But then again no one is really a guaranteed win, even the good ol' Pats. They did lose quite a bit over the offseason and who knows how that will turn out in the regular season. It will prove if Bill is a genius or it was his Cordinators. And they are going up against Randy and his new team, so watch out.

And as brutal as Tennessee looks on paper, they could surprise a few, especially if McNair is as healthy as he claims. And using Pittsburgh this early could hurt later in the season. Thats why I went with the Cardinals over the Giants in Week 1.

Its a good pick for me, especially if they win. It keeps the elite caliber teams available for "easy" wins. And that could come in handy if I plan on winning this thing.

gotw04_soylent.gif

I love my raiders, so ill keep that pick for later

anyways, I got the rams over the shitty niners (eventhough i like them, man, they are horrible)

I think a lot of the reason is that the first two weeks are usually the wildest. Teams expected to do well crap out and those that look like crap string along a few victories. So a lot of people seem to want to go with safe picks to start.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']So a lot of people seem to want to go with safe picks to start.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I'm not too sure what the hell is going to happen when my Ravens face the Colts on the 11th. I put all of my money on the Ravens just because I think we do have a good shot at beating the Colts, provided everyone stays healthy during/after tonights game against the Redskins (except for Kyle Boller, he could use a season-ending injury or two). I'd be more pissed off if I took safe bets now and lasted long, only to lose close to the end...rather than lose right away. That's just me though.

I just want to see Week 1 out before, if I get past week 1, I start using the heavy hitters. I think the Cardinals are a decent sleeper, especially in the NFC West. I just hope they don't hurt me against Tiki Barber....I mean the Giants.

my Ravens just beat the Redskins in overtime 26-20 in overtime....big deal, right? well, i just wanna know why the hell our 2nd and 3rd string QBs are both ten times better than Boller, yet we keep his ass in...wtf?

Not to be a prickly pear, but I don't think newbies should be allowed in this.

It's far too easy to cheat.

Nice that you are doing this again this season AA! I'm in and will make my pick a little later. I did pretty well last year but was disappointed I didn't make it further. Hopefully I'll do better this time and take home that prize pack. ;)

bread's done
Back