NFL Suicide Pool: The Championship Prize has gone MISSING!!! :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'll take St. Louis over San Francisco. A lot of close games to start off the year, should make for an interesting first week.[/QUOTE]

Well that and the fact that half the people that are signed up for this picked St. Louis. It would be rather funny, although probably won't happen, if the 49ers did end up beating the Rams and then losing the rest of the season.

The 49ers won't go winless, its just figuring out who is going to play sloppy when they face them.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Well that and the fact that half the people that are signed up for this picked St. Louis. It would be rather funny, although probably won't happen, if the 49ers did end up beating the Rams and then losing the rest of the season.

The 49ers won't go winless, its just figuring out who is going to play sloppy when they face them.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the amount of parody in the league guarantees that there won't be many obvious wins for any team, which makes these kind of leagues fun to see who can choose the team that's least likely to lose in that week. I agree that the 49ers won't go winless, as they've improved with Alex Smith and the other added players and should get a few wins, but choosing when a team like this will rise up and win is the challenge and I just hope that it's not the week that I think they'll lose. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, the amount of parody in the league guarantees that there won't be many obvious wins for any team, which makes these kind of leagues fun to see who can choose the team that's least likely to lose in that week. I agree that the 49ers won't go winless, as they've improved with Alex Smith and the other added players and should get a few wins, but choosing when a team like this will rise up and win is the challenge and I just hope that it's not the week that I think they'll lose. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Very true. I wouldn't mind it happening in Week 1, just as long as the Cardinals can beat the Giants. It would eliminate nearly half of the competition. I just hope to see some teams prosper by the parody (mainly the Bucs and to some extent the Lions, but the Lions have a great offense....on paper)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, the amount of parody in the league guarantees that there won't be many obvious wins for any team...[/QUOTE]

It's parity.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's parity.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to bring it up. But using the More You Know has changed my life.

I'll take the Washington Redskins this week. They're a team I'd never ever pick, but theres no way Chicago wins a game this year until they get a QB.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']looks like we won't be seeing you in the next round :booty:[/QUOTE]

16-0 Manning fo sho

[quote name='WeaponX2099']hey I'm not on the list on Page 1[/QUOTE]
He's going to update it after the deadline.

You are now. We have nearly a hundred players in this year. Pool is now closed to new entries. Good luck! Make sure to check your picks in case I made a mistake. All changes should be reflected.

good news for me, dwight freeney has a toe injury and is probable for the game tomorrow...i hate wishing harm on anyone, but hopefully that injury will be temporarily worse by Sunday

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']good news for me, dwight freeney has a toe injury and is probable for the game tomorrow...i hate wishing harm on anyone, but hopefully that injury will be temporarily worse by Sunday[/QUOTE]

fuck that!

Go Colts!

Urk....

Er.. I would have to say no.. Sorry man. :(

If I let you go in then basically anyone could join over the next week by saying, "Hey, I'll use the bye for week one." Also, while one game practically has no impact, say that to the two people who lost out last night.

I gotta stand firm. Sorry man.

After the last game of the week is over people can start making new picks on Tuesday morning. And they'll have until the week closes again the night before the games to get a pick in.

After I close things down I'll go through all the picks and repost the new week on the front page. Last year because of the 500 post count limit we would start a new thread every few weeks but hgopefully we cna keep it all here.

There are going to be a lot of people eliminated if St. Louis doesn't come back and win, including myself. San Francisco is currently winning 21 - 9.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']There are going to be a lot of people eliminated if St. Louis doesn't come back and win, including myself. San Francisco is currently winning 21 - 9.[/QUOTE]

I was just getting ready to point that out. And check my random though on a few pages back, about being crazy if half the people were out in Week 1.

Oh yeah, and the Cardinals are doing ok right now, which is good news for me. And once again Eli has more INTs 2 than TDs 1.

49ers 28 Rams 9

Atleast Wilkins is having a good day for the Rams.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']28-9 now, Niners, I believe. Oh well, go my pick, the Chargers! Leading 21-14 over the Cowboys![/QUOTE]

Nice. I just wish the Cardinals, my pick, would keep the lead. Their game keeps going back and forth. With them down 2 at the moment. Is it that hard to keep Eli down?

This is the reason why I both love and hate the NFL. They seem to be doing well on offense, minus the touchdown thing, but they're defense can't seem to stop the 49ers. They're close to scoring, and I'm hoping they get this one and a few more or I'll be out of this one earlier than I wanted.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This is the reason why I both love and hate the NFL. They seem to be doing well on offense, minus the touchdown thing, but they're defense can't seem to stop the 49ers. They're close to scoring, and I'm hoping they get this one and a few more or I'll be out of this one earlier than I wanted.[/QUOTE]

The Rams DEF have stunk up the joint for quite a while now. Granted they have come a long way, but they still suck defensively. What's new?

With the Rams probable loss, and the Cowboys hanging right with the Chargers, we may lose over half the field. :)

[quote name='igreenbe']The Rams DEF have stunk up the joint for quite a while now. Granted they have come a long way, but they still suck defensively. What's new?[/QUOTE]
Their defense seemed to be revitalized and looking to make an impact this year. Then I realize that the game I based this on was a preseason game against Detroit :lol: so I realize some mistakes in judgement, but I'd never think that they'd let the 49ers throw all over them.

Looks like Arizona is getting beat every which way by the Giants, through the air, punt return for TD, kick return for TD, and through the run. Not a great day for AZ, but I see how improved they are and that they could recover from this to have some better games.

bread's done
Back