NFL Suicide Pool: The Championship Prize has gone MISSING!!! :(

[quote name='igreenbe']The Chargers will win this game. I see them scoring at least 10 more points.[/QUOTE]

the boys just finished the game, suck it chargers

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']San fran has the ball though. Fox just went to that game.[/QUOTE]
I know, our "defense" can stop them, force the punt and run the 2 minute drill on offense to tie or win the game. One can hope. :lol: Fox is sticking to the blowout at NY here. :sad:

EDIT: fuck!

cmon rams! i dont want to lose yet!

edit: you gotta be fucken kidding me. an interception with 58 seconds left?! bullshit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! what a way to start off my season... :(

edit: 30 people just got knocked out

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Depending on the last two game we may have lost two-thirds of our pool. We've lost 60% already. 56 out of 92 players.[/QUOTE]
ouch. rough first week.

my first time playing and i had to choose my team. i shouldve just went with the fucken patriots.

It's going to be worse next week... since there doesn't look to be any "easy" games to pick, especially with the Niners and Jags winning today.

[quote name='kittie']It's going to be worse next week... since there doesn't look to be any "easy" games to pick, especially with the Niners and Jags winning today.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that the Jags winning is a surprise? Thats odd. I'd say Miami winning is a surprise and that the Jags win could've been expected.

And for atleast 2 weeks, the 49ers will be sitting on top of the NFC Worst. With everyone losing except for them. Same can be said for the Chiefs.

[quote name='kittie']Jags winning wasn't surprising... but, it adds some doubt if Indy will beat them at home.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying. I think last year, the Colts won at Jacksonville and Jacksonville returned the favor to them later in the year. Tonights game should tell the story for next week.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I guess I need to actually start researching who's good this year since I haven't watched any football since the Bucs won the Superbowl.[/QUOTE]

I wish I would've stopped watching after they won it, because I haven't had much to look forward to with them in the last few years.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I wish I would've stopped watching after they won it, because I haven't had much to look forward to with them in the last few years.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was the climax of my football viewing career so I stopped.

[quote name='kittie']That will probably happen to me when the Bills win a Super Bowl. Which, thankfully, will never happen.[/QUOTE]
I thought the same of the Bucs... but look what happen to me. Proven wrong and a whole toy line of Chuckie dolls to celebrate that weirdass Coach Gruden.

[quote name='kittie']That will probably happen to me when the Bills win a Super Bowl. Which, thankfully, will never happen.[/QUOTE]

The only chance is for the Bills and ViQueens to play in the super bowl, then at least one team might go away happy. (although an interesting side not , in the Tom CLancy book Sum of All fears, he had the (at the time) both long suffering teams of Denver and Minn. play in the superbowl..someone had to win....until a nuclear bomb went off during the bowl game.) umm maybe lets not have buffalo and Minnesota meet.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']So, there's like what, 20 people left? Steelers were money this week kids.[/QUOTE]

Nope Steelers will be money next week at the Texans.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Dallas hung tough that last drive. And the Cargers were soooo close. :D[/QUOTE]

I know. I loved it. Go COWBOYS!!!!! :)

I am so happy I have the NFL ticket on direct TV. I didn't have to watch the Jets get trashed and I didn't have to watch the Giants win. I love it now that I can catch all the Cowboy games. It's great to be able to flip the channel to whichever is the good game for the day.

Assuming Indy beats Baltimore (Indy is beating Baltimore as I type this and they are pulling away in the 4th), and Philly and Atlanta haven't played, of the 86 picks that have been played (not including byes), only 28 players made it to week 2 (33%). Yikes!

Looks like a bunch of CAGers went with the Rams (29 picks!!). As long as Martz is coach, don't trust the Shams. The cross-state team was the better pick - looks like Dick in KC had a better day (and a better team).

Wonder if the upsets will continue this season...

DAMN!! lots of people dropped out week one! NOT ME thoses Redskins pulled it out 9-7! LOL

I took the Rams in our $$$ survival pool at work, my $10 and a possible $1000+ down the drain week one. :cry:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Those all black univorms for Baltimore are ugly.[/QUOTE]

i like them

now...on with what i wanted to post about...fucking ravens....i swear, if we finally get one thing right, everything else fucks up...i mean, come on...our passing game wasn't looking too bad for once...but the play-calling was just bullshit and stupid...then you have our sure-thing players such as Stover and Ogden who NEVER fuck up, just completely fuck up out of nowhere....Stover missed 3 field goals out of the whole season last year and he missed 3 field goals in one game just lastnight, wtf! i can't be positive, but i think he's either the most (or at least one of the most) accurate kickers in league history...wtf happened lastnight is beyond me....then we had bullshit penalties called on us all night long, but throughout the preseason, we had the least amount of penalties in the league...our defense did really good as usual, but they can't be expected to hold-up all night long when our offense isn't doing shit

ps: i was at the game and it was a great experience none-the-less...i might be getting tickets for the ravens vs the browns, though im not sure yet...though i did buy 50 yard line ravens vs vikings tickets for christmas day off of ebay

They say that the opening game really isn't anything to base the season on, but I know that some of the football gurus were picking the Ravens to win it all this year, and I believe Indy made a strong statement as to why those guys are wrong.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']They say that the opening game really isn't anything to base the season on, but I know that some of the football gurus were picking the Ravens to win it all this year, and I believe Indy made a strong statement as to why those guys are wrong.[/QUOTE]

This may or may not make sense, but I don't think that Indy did too much to win the game...I think that we (the Ravens) did too much to lose the game.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']This may or may not make sense, but I don't think that Indy did too much to win the game...I think that we (the Ravens) did too much to lose the game.[/QUOTE]
Thats a possiblity. Didn't Indy lose all thier pre-season games.

[quote name='ECW_fan']Thats a possiblity. Didn't Indy lose all thier pre-season games.[/QUOTE]

Yea because they hardly played starters and always play a generic offense showing NOTHING. When they played my Bengals in the preseason the starters on offense never took the field, while our starters played the first quarter plus. They knew they could just turn it on and didnt want to chance a injury.

I can't believe so many people picked the Rams. NEVER go with the "sure thing" in Week 1 - it's so easy for teams to start out the season all backwards and shit. I mean even God's team (the NY Football Giants) were 6-2 last year at one point and no one thought they would be. Plus, weren't the Eagles like 2-2 (or was that the year before?). The point is - no pick is harder to call than the Week one pick but SF was playing at home under a new coach in a game NO ONE thought they had a chance in - that had upset written all over it. I mean, the Dolphins KILLED the Broncos for christ's sake... WTF is that?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Urk....

Er.. I would have to say no.. Sorry man. :(

If I let you go in then basically anyone could join over the next week by saying, "Hey, I'll use the bye for week one." Also, while one game practically has no impact, say that to the two people who lost out last night.

I gotta stand firm. Sorry man.[/QUOTE]

Errr....OK, but doesn't that contradict what is below? I stated before the due date that I was in and that I would make my pick later (which makes my case different than someone just deciding now to join). You are the man though and I'll respect your decision, but this seems to suggest I should be able to use it as my safety net. Anyway, let me know either way so I know whether or not to bother this week.

Like I said though, your rules. Whatever you say is cool.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
What's new?

This year I want to try something a little different. We'll add a bye week. In the words of Spider-man, "Everybody gets one."

Basically, instead of picking a team, you use your bye. It gives you a week off. It's also a safety net. If you forget to get a pick in on time, your bye will be automatically used. But you only get one! You can use it at any time during the regular season. If you lose a game, and you haven't used it yet, a bye cannot save you.
[/QUOTE]

NINERS (+5.5) over Rams
For three reasons. First, you should never tease two of the Mikes together, not under any circumstances! Second, everyone and their brother picked the Rams in their Suicide Pool this week. And third, everyone thinks the Rams are reliable on the road for some reason, when the reality is this: Against the spread in road games over the past three years, they're 7-19. (See, that's why I get the big bucks -- for stats like that.)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050909

[quote name='chickenhawk']Errr....OK, but doesn't that contradict what is below? I stated before the due date that I was in and that I would make my pick later (which makes my case different than someone just deciding now to join). You are the man though and I'll respect your decision, but this seems to suggest I should be able to use it as my safety net. Anyway, let me know either way so I know whether or not to bother this week.

Like I said though, your rules. Whatever you say is cool.[/QUOTE]

I didn't recall that you said you wanted in earlier. But you could have changed your mind. *shrug* I meant that the bye would be automatic for the future in case people forgot to take a pick after they were in. But I can't tell in the first week or not if you really want to be in or if your want a particular team unless you say so in the first week.

Sorry.

bread's done
Back