50% off most games at Borders (RE4, MGS 3, MP2, Halo 2)

DAK

CAG Veteran
I did a search on this, and nothing showed up, so i hope this hasnt been posted yet. I just got back from the Borders in Northglen CO where nearly their entire stock of video games was half off!

All DS, PSP, and recent (within two months or so it seems) or rare games weren't included, but almost everything else was. This may be Borders removing their video game stock entirely, or just a one store clearance deal, so YMMV.

I was able to pick up Resident Evil 4, Mario Power Tennis, and Paper Mario 2 all for 25$.

Other games included were most player's choice/platinum hits/greatest hits; Gran Turismo 4, Halo 2, KOTR 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Zelda Minish Cap, Metroid Prime 2, and tons more. It's definetly worth checking out, because I normally wouldn't ever expect to see most games included in this deal ever under 30$.

Xbox controllers were also 50% off.

I hope this deal is going on elsewhere. I never thought of getting cheap games at Borders, so this is real suprise to me.

Hope this helps

Are you serious? I hope my Borders has a video game section with RE4 and MP2: Echoes! Thanks OP! :D

Believe it or not I was just at the Border's in NOrthglenn looking at games for the first time (didn't they had know they had them either) like a week or two ago. I didn't notice any discounts. I'm going to go there tonight to see if I can nab Mario Power Tennis or the Zelda Minish Cap.

[quote name='trunks982']I know only 1 borders in NYC which was at world trade center. Now its gone.[/QUOTE]

my....bad...:(

[quote name='trip1eX']Believe it or not I was just at the Border's in NOrthglenn looking at games for the first time (didn't they had know they had them either) like a week or two ago. I didn't notice any discounts. I'm going to go there tonight to see if I can nab Mario Power Tennis or the Zelda Minish Cap.[/QUOTE]

This may really be a one-store or few-store deal. It's probably that this store is going to stop carrying video games, so they had to clear their stock. I really hope its not though, this deal simply rocks. There are other Borders around here so I'll check them out soon and see if they have the same deal.

That being said, can you trade in sealed games to EB or Gamestop? Is it immoral? Just thinking...

[quote name='trunks982']I know only 1 borders in NYC which was at world trade center. Now its gone.[/QUOTE]

I thought that another opened up around 14 months ago downtown on Broadway, about a good three minute walk from the WTC area (or seven minutes if you take a walk from the last stop on the E)? Or am I thinking incorrectly and that was actually a Barnes and Noble? I could have sworn a new Borders moved in with great fanfare and I'd hate to find out that that one couldn't pull in business.

And as for the WTC one, it's a shame. My friends have had so many memories of that place considering it used to be their hangout time and time again over the years.

There are 3 Borders in NYC.

1st location is about 3 blocks from what was the WTC, on Broadway next to the Citibank on 120 Bway, and the Wall St. Station on the 4/5 Trains

2nd location is the one on 57th and Park Ave.

3rd location is the one in the Time Warner Center.

now everyone's going to grab all the good stuff before I do.. lolz!

Just called the one in Northridge and they said that they DO have the sale going on but they are completely cleaned out of any relatively good game.

I know my local Borders carry games, so I'm going to check that out first thing in the morning and see what I can find.

[quote name='basketkase543']Just called the one in Northridge and they said that they DO have the sale going on but they are completely cleaned out of any relatively good game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my friends went there last sat and got Tekken 5 SF II Anniversary and a few sports games. They also had Suikoden IV, Fullmetal Alchemist, and King of Fighters 02/03 (PS2).

[quote name='Xevious']I've been to many different Borders but I have never seen any games.[/QUOTE]

same here

Really? What happened to it?

o man Im wakin up early tomorrow!!

edit: ack nevermind...

the store opens close to the time I gotta leave for work...

they shoulda open at 9AM instead...

I just got back from a tour of the local socal borders (near West LA), and most still had a pretty good selection, except for the Beverly Hills Borders which didn't seem to have any games.

I picked up (all with 50% off prices):
Zelda Minish Cap $15 (GBA)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones $15 (GBA) I think the clerk manually adjusted this, it was marked but I don't think it was part of the sale, it rang up $30 but she changed it no problem

Leisure Suit Larry $15 (XBOX)
Crash Nitro Cart $10 (GC)
Silent Hill 4 the room $10 (XBOX)
Star Wars Battlefront $10 (XBOX)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection $15 (XBOX)
Wario Ware $15 (GCN)

And probably the deal, the Santa Monica store had GBA SP's marked 50% off, the cashier said they would be $40 after the discount. I didn't get one, I saw two left. This is probably good at all borders, although I asked at one borders if systems were marked down and I was told no. Should have had her check, would have loved to pick up a GC for my sister.

There were many, many more games marked down, some like Jak 3 and Mercenaries aren't marked down to the prices of other stores yet, they are still marked $40 and $50 before discount so the discounted price isn't that great.

Some DS games are on sale, off the top of my head
Mr. Driller
Sprung
Feel the Magic
Polarium (not as good as the EB price)
Tiger Woods
Madden
Spider-man 2

But some DS games were not on sale (I got them scanned), too bad I really wanted these:
Meteos
Kirby CC
Yoshi T&G

Also there is a coupon that you can find for an extra 10% off video games, should say 30% off dvd's. I couldn't get them to take it because of the 50% already, but others might have better luck, especially with a clerk who doesn't realize there is a sale.

[quote name='basketkase543']Just called the one in Northridge and they said that they DO have the sale going on but they are completely cleaned out of any relatively good game.[/QUOTE]

I went on Monday and they had roughly 100 or so games. Few DS games (Sprung, Spiderman 2 etc.) Most were players choice/bargain bin type games.

Not that I need to spend any more but I sure hope one of the ones by me carries games. Would love to grab Mario Tennis and Paper Mario 2 if nothing else.

Edit- Are things somewhat clearly marked, at least as to what's on sale, or will I be carrying everything in the store up to the cashier should I find anything?

I picked up Mario Party 5 for $25.

Star Fox ASsault for $25.

Soul Caliber II for $9.99.

Xmen Legends for $9.99.

Madden 2k5 for $14.99.

WArioWare MegaGames for $14.99.

Those were alright deals tho really you could bought off ebay for similar prices albeit mostly used.. I really wanted that Mario Tennis but they didn't have any more in stock. Lots of titles for every system. They all have big 50% off stickers on them and are separated from the other games. Some games tho weren't marked so it can pay to have them check.

[quote name='Kuma']oh shit, Im gonna sound like an idiot calling these stores asking if they carry video games[/QUOTE]
It's a lot faster then driving there to find out, and it could save you a trip.

Course you can always say your name is Mr. Burns if they ask.

Ok I found Mario Power Tennis at a different Borders for $24.99. :) It's probably 25 minutes away from me tho so I just had 'em ship it for $3.50 which is like the cost of a gallon of gas nowadays anyway.

But the bigger picture here is any Border's bookstore will ship to you for a reasonable rate. Good for you folks without one around you. I guess you'd have to make a long distance call but rates are cheap enough and cellphone minutes flow like water in some households. Just ask the clerk over the phone and he'll ring you up.

And if it's any help to get you started, their stores in Colorado all seem to carry games.

I didn't pay much attention to the PS2 and Xbox game list. I know GT4 was $24.99.

But for the Gamecube I saw

Mario Party 5
RE4
MP2:Echoes
Soul Calibur 2
Xmen Legends
Mario Tennis
Super Mario Sunshine
Star Fox ASsault
Pikmin 2 (wasn't marked for discount, but I think there's a chance it's on sale too)
James Bond games
Tiger Woods 2k5
Madden 2k5
Nascar 2k5
Spongebobs
Simpsons
Harry Potter
and many more

I know a couple games still had $49.99 tags on them and so even 50% off wasn't a good deal.

The Borders in Westwood in Los Angeles has a whole shelf full of 50% off games upstairs. Don't bother looking for the Donkey Kong Bongos, though. I got the last set!

Resident Evil 4?

more like Resident Evil score!!

2 more left at souf coast plaza

as well as hella metroid prime 2

bread's done
Back