[Ending!] CAG Exclusive Red Octane Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The guys at Red Octane have been kind enough to provide the CAG community with an Exclusive Sale, good through October. Also, Red Octane is publishing a new music game, Guitar Hero, developed by Harmonix (Amplitude, Frequency, and Karaoke Revolution).

There is a Guitar Hero thread already in progress here.

Spend $40 and get free shipping.

CAG Exclusive Sale:

RedOctane Arcade Stick
CAG Exclusive: $19.95

Universal Adapter (PS2 to Xbox, GC, or PC)
CAG Exclusive: $12.99

GBA Movie Player (2nd Version)

Taiko Drum Controller

Reload Pedal (For Namco shooting games like Time Crisis)
CAG Exclusive: $14.95

Other discounts:
Now $19.95 (orig 29.95)
Max Shooter Keyboard and Mouse Adapter (Xbox)
Max Shooter Keyboard and Mouse Adapter (PS2)

Now $9.95 (orig 14.95)
Magic Path PSX to GameCube Controller Adapter
Pixelblocks

Sorry, I deleted the first thread by accident!

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Seeing that pedal makes me want to make a Time Crisis cabinet NOW.

Good deals[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that pedal is tempting.

I've heard good things about that stick, but the button placement is so...if only that far left button on the bottom row was squared away like the Tekken stick...bah!

adux_1865_320398

I don't even own Time Crisis yet, but that pedal is so tempting at that price, I think I'm gonna grab one. I want to do the instore pickup to save on shipping, but it doesn't say which store it will be shipped to. Anyone know how to find that out before I go and place my order? If I name a store in the "Order Comments" section, is there any guarantee that they'll ship there?

[quote name='PRMega']I don't even own Time Crisis yet, but that pedal is so tempting at that price, I think I'm gonna grab one. I want to do the instore pickup to save on shipping, but it doesn't say which store it will be shipped to. Anyone know how to find that out before I go and place my order? If I name a store in the "Order Comments" section, is there any guarantee that they'll ship there?[/QUOTE]
You can only do in store pick from them directly in Sunnyvale, CA. Thats a long way from NY ;-)

http://www.redoctane.com/instorepickup.html

I would love getting the drum, but I don't want to pay for shipping. Is there a free shipping coupon or something? Even if I get the pedal too I would still be under the $40 limit.

Jeez you guys are some really cheap bastards aren't you?!! These are some really great deals some being over 50% off and all you guys can do is bitch about shipping?

Lets' try this...

"Wow thanks Cheapy! These are some really great deals! Thank you so much for going through the trouble to coordinate them with Red Octane exclusively for us!"

Seriously Cheapy, these are really great deals, and I'm happy to be a member of this site. Well Done!:applause:

[quote name='Prepster']Thanks Cheapy, that pedal is so tempting, might make a purchase soon. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Yes thanks Cheapy D. Now if only you can find us a deal for any guns/games so I can bite on those pedals. ;)

Ahhh, I just ordered the pedal last week for $20 + shipping. Heh, could've waited a few more days and saved $5. Doh.

how long do these deals last. Thinking of ordering 2 joysticks, but still not $40 req for free shipping. anyone look at the pixel blocks? looks like a lego knock off.

oh, i just realized they're selling the gba movie player (v2) for $19.99! that's a great price! i bought mine for over $30 on lik sang. if you buy the gba movie player, don't forget to update it with the latest software. the conversion speed is supposed to be faster than what's included in the package.

EDIT: added the official website w/ the updated software:

http://www.movieadvance.com/

[quote name='nakanenui']how long do these deals last. Thinking of ordering 2 joysticks, but still not $40 req for free shipping. anyone look at the pixel blocks? looks like a lego knock off.[/QUOTE]

Actually the Pixel blocks have interconnecting grooves on the sides so they are a bit diferent in that respect. Looks kinda fun.

great deals, although it's a bit much, I might just find $40 worth of stuff to get the free shipping, unless there's a coupon or something.[quote name='nakanenui']how long do these deals last. Thinking of ordering 2 joysticks, but still not $40 req for free shipping. anyone look at the pixel blocks? looks like a lego knock off.[/QUOTE]they actually look kinda cool.

http://forums.modojo.com/showthread.php?t=126769

Cheapyd, could you possibly work a deal on the ps2 to usb adapter, or in that case, sysytem converters for controllers, so one could use the joystick on other consoles. Thanks for the hard work.

[quote name='nakanenui']Cheapyd, could you possibly work a deal on the ps2 to usb adapter, or in that case, sysytem converters for controllers, so one could use the joystick on other consoles. Thanks for the hard work.[/QUOTE]I couldn't find it on their site...do they sell it?

[quote name='siamesellama']Can this stick be modified with quality parts? (Can ANY stick be modified?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You can replace all the parts if you like and keep the case. People do it with the RO sticks all the time.

I just wished they had the Iginition 3.0 dance pad on sale, because I'm planning to pick one up over the weekend, since my old wireless pad stopped working.:(

The arcade stick is really tempting. Any CAGs try it out before? I tend to like the reviews that CAGs put up more so than the Gamespot or IGN ones. They seem more thorough, but still, that is an excellent price. Really really tempting.

i might have to get two of those arcade sticks to build a Playstation or PS2 powered cabinet.. I wish they were Xbox ones (as I have a lot of Midway comps and the capcom comps and my Marvel Vs Capcom..) but I do have the entire Tekken Series.. I may do this next pay check.. free shipping over 40? sweet.. now to build my cabinet

From website:

Always striving to deliver the best gaming experience possible, RedOctane has developed the RedOctane Universal Controller Adapter. This handy little device allows you to safely plug almost any controller designed for the PlayStation or PlayStation 2 into your Xbox, GameCube, or PC (via USB or USB 2.0).

Looks like its one way only.

[quote name='Fire']The arcade stick is really tempting. Any CAGs try it out before? I tend to like the reviews that CAGs put up more so than the Gamespot or IGN ones. They seem more thorough, but still, that is an excellent price. Really really tempting.[/QUOTE]

The stick is good if you're not a hardcore fighting games fan and you don't really care about the parts. The box and the plexi is really good, but the buttons and stick is definetely not that great for serious gaming, so it really depends on if you're like me; who just play fighters.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Search for RO stick modding threads, or just ask.

The price is REALLY REALLY worth it just for the case alone, it dropped to $30 and it was so tempting, but now I really need to get one to mod with.

[quote name='Fire']Could I use that universal adapter to plug in my PS2 controller into my Xbox and vica versa?[/QUOTE]

No, it's PS into everything.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']The stick is good if you're not a hardcore fighting games fan and you don't really care about the parts. The box and the plexi is really good, but the buttons and stick is definetely not that great for serious gaming, so it really depends on if you're like me; who just play fighters.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Search for RO stick modding threads, or just ask.

The price is REALLY REALLY worth it just for the case alone, it dropped to $30 and it was so tempting, but now I really need to get one to mod with.[/QUOTE]

I'm having trouble finding recent Red Octane info. All the modding info I've found is old and talks about crappy circuit boards and frying PS2s. Do you have any direct links?

Sorry if this has been covered since I really didnt look at the thread but how is their Taiko Drum? The actual original pretty much sucked, so I was just wondering. Thanks.

Just want to extend a thanks to Cheapy for this. I ended up buying the pedal, and shelling out a whopping...$4.50 for shipping :p Not nearly as bad as I was expecting, still saved more than half off! A great deal, thanks a lot :)

[quote name='siamesellama']Can this stick be modified with quality parts? (Can ANY stick be modified?)[/QUOTE]

These new enclosures can only be modified with Sanwa (Japanese) parts due to the depth of the box. I think you might be able to squeeze in a Happ (American) stick if you do some routing to the top panel, but I think it'll still be a tight fit. I've heard that the PCB in the Redoctane sticks are known for crapping out though. Still, you can't go wrong with a premade box for $20.

On a related note, does anybody know if the Redoctane universal adapter has any input lag when used? It's hard to find quality controller adapters without input lag unless the controller you're using is the 1st party PS1/PS2 dual shock controllers.

[quote name='Fire']The arcade stick is really tempting. Any CAGs try it out before? I tend to like the reviews that CAGs put up more so than the Gamespot or IGN ones. They seem more thorough, but still, that is an excellent price. Really really tempting.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, what you said. I would love to have a new arcade stick (unless I can find an ultra awesome Tekken 5 one) so this one doesn't really bother me at the moment. I'll look into that shoryuken site that somebody posted. Thanks Cheapy!

bread's done
Back