- - - - -

Oklahoma

#31 Derwood43   is a dad! Be afraid. CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

Got another Okie here. Originally from BA but I live in Edmond now going to Central university. Oh how I miss Vintage Stock.

If this can be considered a deal, I found a couple of Persona 2's complete, and an Arc of the Lad collection(games and case only, no big box and extras) at an EB games around here, I didn't buy them cause I'm not really interested in them. I did see an Intelligence Qube, disc only, but it was 40 bucks..if it had the case or something I would've gotten it.

Was it an EB in Edmond?

Posted Image

#32 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

I stopped by Wal-Mart in Stillwater today at about 2:30 PM. People were in line at lay away. I did not look how long the line was, but it was obviously not short.

I laugh, but then remember waiting upwards of 11+ hours for my Gamecube.

#33 ZombieHendrix   Sorry, I lurk CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ZombieHendrix

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:01 PM

Was it an EB in Edmond?

Yes it was....honestly I don''t remeber if it was an EB or a Gamestop..they're the same thing to me.
Posted Image

#34 Derwood43   is a dad! Be afraid. CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:07 PM

I stopped by Wal-Mart in Stillwater today at about 2:30 PM. People were in line at lay away. I did not look how long the line was, but it was obviously not short.

I laugh, but then remember waiting upwards of 11+ hours for my Gamecube.

Has anyone heard about layawaying an item before black friday and then getting that price with a reserved item?

Posted Image

#35 FoeHammer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

Hey Bebop, have you been to the warehouse discount place off of main street and Lewis in Stillwater. Iv found a few GBA games and got mario party 5 for like 10 bucks. Just make them an offer on anything in there. They get returned walmart goods and what not. Sometimes some good deals, depending on whos working
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:20 PM

Warehouse Discount? Do you mean Wall's?

Talked to my friend this morning. There were 25 people lined up at Wally-World at Noon yesterday. Our Wal-Mart got 40-50 consoles with 20-25 premium. Wonder how Hastings did?

First chance I get I am preordering my Playstation 3 and Revolution. I don't want anything to do with this crap.

#37 FoeHammer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:22 PM

the stillwater Walls just got a nice shipment of videogames and accesories. lots of newly released ps2, xbox, GBA, psp and DS games. Everythings 40 percent off retail value. Some nice deals.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

Nice! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Thanks!

#39 AdamInPlaidum   Wii will rock you. CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

AdamInPlaidum

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:05 AM

I live in Tulsa. Gas is teh cheaps. :)
Currently playing: Viewtiful Joe (DS), Trace Memory (DS), Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Astro Boy (GBA)

#40 RomaVictor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

RomaVictor

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:32 PM

Proud Normanite here, attending the University of Oklahoma. The OK stereotypes are fine by me, because I love it here and I don't want any of those assholes from other states moving to OK.

Here's a great quote:

"I've spent most of my life living in cities where people are obsessed with looking down on people from everywhere else. You get so used to doing it that you start to believe it's simply what everyone does. It makes for an atmosphere of unwelcome that penetrates much of our modern life. It's a shame really because a couple days in Oklahoma will open your eyes to how much better it would be if the rest of the country was filled with a few more people from Oklahoma."

-Adam Duritz
(Counting Crows)

Could not agree more!
Guess what? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!!

#41 AdamInPlaidum   Wii will rock you. CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

AdamInPlaidum

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:55 AM

Proud Normanite here, attending the University of Oklahoma. The OK stereotypes are fine by me, because I love it here and I don't want any of those assholes from other states moving to OK.

Here's a great quote:

"I've spent most of my life living in cities where people are obsessed with looking down on people from everywhere else. You get so used to doing it that you start to believe it's simply what everyone does. It makes for an atmosphere of unwelcome that penetrates much of our modern life. It's a shame really because a couple days in Oklahoma will open your eyes to how much better it would be if the rest of the country was filled with a few more people from Oklahoma."

-Adam Duritz
(Counting Crows)

Could not agree more!

That quote really is pretty apt. Will Rogers (despite being born in ARKANSAS) can really be credited with bringing us to that whole psyche.
Currently playing: Viewtiful Joe (DS), Trace Memory (DS), Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Astro Boy (GBA)

#42 Derwood43   is a dad! Be afraid. CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

It's snowing/misting here in OKC, is anyone else getting any precip.?

Posted Image

#43 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

Snowing and cold in Stillwater

#44 ZombieHendrix   Sorry, I lurk CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ZombieHendrix

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

Its snowing pretty good here in Edmond. And its sticking as well.
Posted Image

#45 RomaVictor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

RomaVictor

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Here too, although I hear we won't get more than an inch or so. Wasn't it like 60 degrees a week ago? It'll probably be back up to that by Christmas.
Guess what? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!!

#46 Sockey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:28 AM

Why I love OK: .5 inch of snow and classes are cancled.

#47 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:45 AM

School get canceled?

They never close OSU.

Well, actually, with the new president they do. It used to be that they never would.

#48 ZombieHendrix   Sorry, I lurk CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ZombieHendrix

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:37 PM

They closed the evening and morning clases at Central...none of my classes though.
Posted Image

#49 AdamInPlaidum   Wii will rock you. CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

AdamInPlaidum

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

Whoo, Edison was closed today. So relaxing.

#50 Derwood43   is a dad! Be afraid. CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:10 PM

I've got Friday and Monday off...I'm going to be doing some serious gaming this weekend.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Posted Image

#51 CorporalJackson   The real Banana boy! CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CorporalJackson

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:40 AM

Whoo, Edison was closed today. So relaxing.

hey, do you know a guy named Isaish Goodwin?
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#52 AdamInPlaidum   Wii will rock you. CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

AdamInPlaidum

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:50 AM

hey, do you know a guy named Isaish Goodwin?

Yeah man, he's a freshman drummer in band. I'm a senior tuba player.

#53 worx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7370 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:40 AM

I drove to Moore this weekend - can I be considered an OK CAG now? :rofl:

#54 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

Finals Week! weeee!

Had my first final Saturday at 10 AM. It was a Saturday morning class 9-12 once a week.

Next is Tuesday and then Friday, then I'm done.

Only one more class next semester, then I graduate!

Plug: Looking for entry level computer science job in Stillwater, OK :)

On the topic of video games, I was at Wal-Mart Friday and I went to see if they had the 20th Anniversary Gameboy Micro and while I was looking college kids and parents with carts starting coming in hoards towards the Xbox 360 stuff. It almost looked like a line was starting to form. I left to go buy some groceries.

Someone bought the Full Metal Panic! Complete Collection at Hasting. Damn you! I hope you rot who ever you are.

#55 ZombieHendrix   Sorry, I lurk CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ZombieHendrix

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

The wal-mart near me has a sign up in the xbox / xbox 360 section that theres a limit 1 360 per customer. But I don't see any, nor a spot for them.

I'm only really interested in buying one to sell like everyone else seems to have done.
Posted Image

#56 sying   Speedy1961 Defense Force CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:30 PM

Oklahoma is the place to be. Hard Living is the life for me.

#57 b3b0p   Where's r0ckst34dy? CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

Why do people keep thread crapping Oklahoma?

#58 ZombieHendrix   Sorry, I lurk CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ZombieHendrix

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:49 AM

Why do people keep thread crapping Oklahoma?

Well there are still people who actually think we ride horses everywhere...
Posted Image

#59 AdamInPlaidum   Wii will rock you. CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

AdamInPlaidum

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:51 AM

Personally, I'm damn proud to have a whole musical devoted to us.

#60 worx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7370 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:19 AM

Well there are still people who actually think we ride horses everywhere...

I'll vouch that there you guys have cars - traffic around OK city was nuts :shock: