Oklahoma

[quote name='CorporalJackson']hey, do you know a guy named Isaish Goodwin?[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, he's a freshman drummer in band. I'm a senior tuba player.

Finals Week! weeee!

Had my first final Saturday at 10 AM. It was a Saturday morning class 9-12 once a week.

Next is Tuesday and then Friday, then I'm done.

Only one more class next semester, then I graduate!

Plug: Looking for entry level computer science job in Stillwater, OK :)

On the topic of video games, I was at Wal-Mart Friday and I went to see if they had the 20th Anniversary Gameboy Micro and while I was looking college kids and parents with carts starting coming in hoards towards the Xbox 360 stuff. It almost looked like a line was starting to form. I left to go buy some groceries.

Someone bought the Full Metal Panic! Complete Collection at Hasting. Damn you! I hope you rot who ever you are.

The wal-mart near me has a sign up in the xbox / xbox 360 section that theres a limit 1 360 per customer. But I don't see any, nor a spot for them.

I'm only really interested in buying one to sell like everyone else seems to have done.

[quote name='b3b0p']Why do people keep thread crapping Oklahoma?[/QUOTE]

Well there are still people who actually think we ride horses everywhere...

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']Well there are still people who actually think we ride horses everywhere...[/QUOTE]

I'll vouch that there you guys have cars - traffic around OK city was nuts :shock:

Hmm, OKC bad traffic?

It is nothing like Tulsa this time of year. Tulsa over by 71st and Memorial is pure living hell. It will take you an hour or more sometimes just to get off of the exits in this area. Then, you'll move about 10 ft per hour after you get on memorial or 71st right in front of Best Buy/Circuit City/Woodland Hills. Yup, we have Best Buy and a Mall here.

When I say traffic I don't mean horse and buggies either. Real world modern cars that run on fuel from a gas station. Actually most are big ass SUV or trucks.

[quote name='b3b0p']Hmm, OKC bad traffic?

It is nothing like Tulsa this time of year. Tulsa over by 71st and Memorial is pure living hell. It will take you an hour or more sometimes just to get off of the exits in this area. Then, you'll move about 10 ft per hour after you get on memorial or 71st right in front of Best Buy/Circuit City/Woodland Hills. Yup, we have Best Buy and a Mall here.

When I say traffic I don't mean horse and buggies either. Real world modern cars that run on fuel from a gas station. Actually most are big ass SUV or trucks.[/QUOTE]

Yea, not terribly bad but I forgot that OKC is bigger than most of what I have around me - it compared to Baton Rouge traffic but the problems I ran into were due to construction plus the exit I was suposed to get off at doesn't exist anymore :shock:

I did like it up there though - the airs easier to breathe than down here :)

[quote name='b3b0p']Hmm, OKC bad traffic?

When I say traffic I don't mean horse and buggies either. Real world modern cars that run on fuel from a gas station. Actually most are big ass SUV or trucks.[/QUOTE]

The traffic is a lot better over by the Circuit City and Best Buy near 41st and Sheridan, near Promenade Mall. I basically do all my electronics shopping in this square-mile radius or so. There's an EBGames in Promenade, Best Buy behind the mall, Circuit City across the street, and a used media store called Vintage Stock in the same shopping center as CC. Not to mention DEALS, where nothing is over $1. God I love that store.

Wow, there are people from Stillwater on this thread? I visit CAG every day and never thought to look.

Anyone here still looking for the ol' 360? I need to network myself in town to catch one if it pops up anywhere in Stillwater.

Wal-Mart and Hastings.

Right now, at population 39,000 and not growing, we don't have any other choices. I am sure EB Games is preordered for a while.

Did anyone else get that Hastings mailer for a FREE xbox or ps2 controller. That was so sweet! The lady at the register thought i was up to something.

Was it in the Sunday Paper? I usually never bother to read or look at any of the ads and just chuck them in the trash.

The ads are the only reason I get the Sunday paper. However I didn't notice anything from Hastings. I'm always in need of an extra controller...

Anyone score anything decent on the TRU clearance? I scored:
Resident Evil 4
Pariah
Wario Ware
Zelda Four Swords
Conker
Psychonauts
Fatal Frame 2
Doom 3
Area 51

Unfortunately, I didn't find Mario Party 5 and Pirates. I spent enough as it is...

Which Toys R Us?

I'm going this soon.

I did go the Best Buy on I-35/Service Rd. To pick up Dragon Quest w/ Coupon for $24.99.

The only games I want from Toys R Us are the Resident EVil and Wario Ware. Have any extras? I'll come pick them up from you :)

Did they have many games left?

The TRU near Crossroads mall (and the Best Buy you mentioned) had the best assortment of games in my opinion. I picked everything up the day it went cheap. Sorry, I didn't pick up any extras. I already had RE4, but picked this one up for a friend. I was in again Monday and they were out of RE4, but still had plenty of copies of Wario Ware.

Good Luck....

I'm going Monday to either one of the TRU in OKC or Tulsa. Can't decide which though. Maybe the one out in the boonies in Tulsa is a good place to check.

[quote name='Vice']Brainwave, which TRU did you get Fatal Frame 2 from? o.o[/QUOTE]

I got it from the Crossroads location (I-35 and I-240). However, I've been back since and didn't notice any. There were only a couple on the day the sale went into effect. That being said, you still might check. I've notice a couple of TRU's replenishing some of the clearance titles. This same location was restocking Elf last time I was in.

I think it has something to do with the fact that NONE of the employees working there had any knowledge of the sale taking place. I even asked one of them the night before the price drops and he was adamant that there were no price drops coming. Works in our favor, I suppose!

[quote name='b3b0p']I'm going Monday to either one of the TRU in OKC or Tulsa. Can't decide which though. Maybe the one out in the boonies in Tulsa is a good place to check.[/QUOTE]

If you go to Tulsa, hit the TRU on 71st and Mingo. I saw 1 copy of Pikmin 2 in a bin with a bunch of other price drop games a few days ago.

Yeah, Crossroads was cleaned out when I went. I called them before Christmas and they didn't have any of FFII, DOAU, or RE4. Kinda made me sad. But, I went up there and scored Polarium for DS. That's great fun and not advertised on the main list. I just want an RE4; the Quail Springs store had plenty one day, 0 the next. Damn hoarders.

Just went to TRU by Quail. All they had was a table. The place was cleaned out of everything, not just the cheap stuff.

Slag, no way. They've been one of the best stocked places, unless wave after wave of CAGs came in, I find that hard to believe. They've had some stuff for forever; I'll be sad if I missed out on Guilty Gear Isuka, among others.

Any one stopped by Best Buy since Mega Man X Collection has been released?

I want to go pick it up tomorrow with my Best Buy coupon along with Castlevania 2 pack.

Tulsa or Oklahoma City

Nevermind.

Just got back from Memorial Best Buy in Oklahoma City.

Mega Man X Collection and Castlevania 2 pack both $19.99 + tax after coupons.

I never really looked as I was not interested and have not thought about it since launch time.

There are always people at Hastings and Wal-Mart just standing around waiting for one it seems.

You would think that they would flood the market. But with the Asian release soon, it would not suprise me if we didnt see stocked shelves for quite awhile. Im only really wanting one for Fight Night and Oblivion, but If I dont see one soon, forget it. (Hey money just burns a hole right threw my pocket)

I don't think Stillwater Sears has video games.

I was at Quail Springs and briefly stopped by Sears. My mom and I looked at the video games (she wants a DS, bad!), but were only looking for a couple certain items they did not have.

Just got Friday's News Press (I know it's Saturday) with the Hastings circular. Somethings of interest:

30% off used Games
30% off used DVD

They had special UNTIL NOON ONLY coupons that were decent, but I did not even get the paper til 3:30 PM. Snooze you lose I guess.

I'm going Monday to pick and choose, hopefully it won't be empty when I get there.

[quote name='b3b0p']Just got Friday's News Press (I know it's Saturday) with the Hastings circular. Somethings of interest:

30% off used Games
30% off used DVD

[/QUOTE]

Any idea if this was just at the Stillwater location? I might have to check the Norman Hastings...

picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 at Norman Target for $7.48.. there were a few copies as well as some other ps2 games for $7.48 or less... so I suppose the rumor's of Target's lack of clearance games were greatly exaggerated.

yeah, well, sega classics collection was $6.48 there as well. I already owned that... probably worth a look if you don't have it, just for the versions of columns, fantasy zone, alien syndrome and I suppose space harrier is ok... just a shame they couldn't have put the original games on the disc in addition to the 3D remakes..

[quote name='Ilovephysics']picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 at Norman Target for $7.48.. there were a few copies as well as some other ps2 games for $7.48 or less... so I suppose the rumor's of Target's lack of clearance games were greatly exaggerated.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'll have to check it out tomorrow. It's been some time since I've seen a decent Target clearance. First dibs on clearance is pretty much the only thing I miss about no longer working there.

Yeah, as of yesterday it was pretty wiped out again. I think there was still a $9.98 copy of NBA Ballers for PS2 and a few PC games that have been there for 2 weeks or so (nothing major)... haven't seen any indication of DS games on sale, either... though, and I probably shouldn't say it on here (for fear it'll put the same thoughts in your minds), I'm actually waiting for they day they put those 4 gameboy players on clearance... I mean, geez, $49.99 for a gameboy player that runs only on a gamecube system that pretty much no one owns as their primary system which plays games for a gameboy system on your tv that are one iteration of gameboy games old as well... why hasn't this thing been dropped to $29.98 or $19.98 yet? Its like when they had all of those PSX games for $14-19 that no one was buying...

I'm guessing you might have better luck at the moment going across the streat and buying the PC stuff at Big Lots that people were posting on in other forums on here. I haven't been there yet, but I'm gonna guess they have stuff.

I suppose I'm happy I was lucky enough to get VJ2... Though I'm guessing the real craziness at target will be when that Wolrd Bizarre stuff (or whatever it is) drops to 50% off... even at 30% they are starting to sell a lot of stock... at 50%, I'm expecting most of it to be sold save a few of the tacky items. Some of the carpets are rather cool looking... not really for me at $179.99 full price or $125.99 or so at 30% off, but at $89, they are far more reasonable... same with a lot of the furnature. I swear they overprice the stuff just because they know they are only going to stock it for a short period of time and figure they'll sell it when they trick people into believing it is 30% off or whatever....

actually given the forecast for this weekend, if you did venture out to Target and they did use this weekend (sunday morning) to put out new clearance stuff, you might get first dibs given no one else wanting to drive in the freezing rain/snow mix

bread's done
Back