Oklahoma

This thread is too slow.

I was being sarcastic when I said don't get too post happy.

and if I ever find out who stole the Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Panic I'll kick some major anime ass! Crooks.

The thread is going slow because I think you are the only ones in Oklahoma with an Internet connection - I'm shocked that you even have electricity! Ba-dum-bum-bum-CHING!!! BURN!!!!! :D

I think you are being sarcastic, but I can't really tell.

Since you and others seem to have a stereotypical view of Oklahoma (or is it just Stillwater?) I'll give you a little info about it.

Stillwater, OK is home to Oklahoma State University. The town itself is about 40,000 to 50,000 population. There is also approximately > 33,000 students enrolled this semester. We have one Wal-Mart SuperCenter. I have been told our Wal-Mart is the highest revenue generating Wal-Mart in the country (I don't believe it, just what I was told). It might be true considering it's about 2 blocks away from campus and there are busses every 15 minutes going to and from (Wal-Mart to Campus and vice versa) with no charge to students and citizens (this may have changed recently). It also could have something to do with the fact Wal-Mart is the only store for groceries (the other places are way overpriced).

The school has just been given 2 donations from Boone Pickens (some oil/investment dood) totaling an estimated > $100,000,000 and now the Football Stadium is called (take a guess first...) Boone Pickens Stadium. The first donation went towards the stadium, the rest is being used to buy the entire real estate across the street from the stadium to build an "athletic village" (WTF does that mean?). Academics are of not much importance to alumni.

Also, we do have internet (Cox, SBC, OSU all provide broadband).

There is more then just desert and flat land.

We do have paved roads. Well, mostly.

Gas is barely $2.00 here

Nothing is more then 15 minute drive away.

5 miles from Main St. going East is considered in Tulsa
5 Miles from Main St. going West is considered to be at the Country Club

Cost of living is dumbfoundingly cheap

In state students barely have to pay a grand for tutition

With 1/100th of an inch of snow, they cancel school (YES!). The city does not have any salt or salt trucks.

There is no Best Buy
There is no mall
There is a Blockbuster, but it sucks
The Hastings was just renovated and is very nice
No one on eBay is ever selling something worth picking up (which sucks)
The craigs list for OKC and Tulsa suck
When you say pop, people think dad
when you say soda, people think Dr. Pepper
You are not cool unless you have a hockey puck shaped wear on the back pocket of your jeans
Pretty young ladies are everywhere

At first I was willing to do anything to leave this place, but now, I am searching for a post graduation job so I can stay here. I like the pretty females. And the people of course.

I grew up for the most part in the Twin Cities. I used to miss it until the other day when it was 80+ degrees here. :) I have learned to live without 2+ feet of snow.

Stillwater here. Ebgames here blows. The majority of the staff are retards. But the Hastings makes up for it. They have a decent selection of good samurai flicks.

About flippin time some of you show up.

Yup the douche bags at EB Games are dips. Would not replace my dead pixel PSP and claimed it did not have any when looking at it. Sold me a brand new game, but it was used. The guy claimed it was never played.

Never will I ever shop there again.

Hastings is cool. Very nice selection of games and anime.

Speaking of anime, since I last checked no one has returned the samurai champloo vol 1 & 2 or full metal panic vol 6. Criminals.

I used to live in Broken Arrow bought a house in Sand Springs just outside of Tulsa and moved there. It's good so few CAGs live in OK easier for us to get in on the deals.

Thats funny, they tried to pull the same stuff on me with my dead pixel psp. They opened up three boxes right in front of me and all three had dead pixels or bubbles in the screen. I blew my top and started cussing it up and making a huge fuss. They dumb ass big boy manager finanlly said he would open up one more and I had to take it. Luckily it had no problems, ( but I ended up trading it in anyways) I think they were afraid I was going to come back with a gun or something, but at least they dont fuck with me straight to my face. Althought they did tell me I was on the first xbox 360 shipment and now when I recentely checked they said I wasnt. Good thing I planned on canceling anyways. But yeah generally I try to stay far away from that horrible store. I just want to pimp slap that chubby manager off his high horse. Glad Im not the only one who sees it. As to the anime at hastings Iv noticed there large selection but I personnaly dont rent much anime. Although I love Ninja scrolls. Feudal Japan is fun.

I rent the $1.99 stuff and return it early for the $0.50 credit. Sure beats buying the discs individually. No way could I afford that. I wish I could though. I am in the process of graduating and finding a job, so I maybe able to justify it soon.

I returned my PSP to Edmund EB by UCO and got a new one. The lady I talked to working there that day actually was respectful. I was shocked! Highly recommended and worth the 30-40 minute drive. She told me from now on Sony will replace any PSP with dead pixels and they (EB) only will do it if there is less then 2 (I guess that would mean 1).

I buy all my games and stuff from Hastings now. At least they don't bug the crap out of you and reseal games or try and sell used as new. And don't push warranty crap on you. God, I can't believe I got that shitty warranty for my PSP. Worthless.

I just hope Gamestop fires the peons working at our EB.

There is a Funcoland at Eastland Mall in Tulsa still. However, I think it is just a Gamestop too cheap to change the sign.

[quote name='b3b0p']
I buy all my games and stuff from Hastings now. At least they don't bug the crap out of you and reseal games or try and sell used as new. And don't push warranty crap on you. God, I can't believe I got that shitty warranty for my PSP. Worthless.
[/QUOTE]

yeah, Hastings is nice. Seem to carry a lot of the 'unusual' titles as well, e.g., shooters, RPGs, Neo Geo pocket color, etc. Prices can be a bit irregular.. sometimes cheaper, sometimes $10 more. I still hate the $9 used PS2 games that probably should be $5, etc..

Oklahoma representin. Word.

Has anyone ever noticed that people outside Oklahoma want to call us Oak Town? I don't know anyone here who says Oak Town. Ehh, outsiders. With their fancy moving picture boxes and auto mo biles.

Anyone excited about the TTech/OU game today?

I'm a poke fan, but this game has my interest peaked. I'd like to see OU win so that they can crack the top 25 right as we beat them. :)

Can't say I am a huge College sports fan.

I am originally from MN, so Monday night is going to be bliss!

Also, got tickets to the Timberwolves vs Hornets Wednesday night. Anyone else going?

[quote name='Derwood43']Anyone excited about the TTech/OU game today?

I'm a poke fan, but this game has my interest peaked. I'd like to see OU win so that they can crack the top 25 right as we beat them. :)[/QUOTE]

lol... that was a miserable game for OU and the officials. I've seen a lot of bad calls, but the sequence at the end of that game was crazy. Oh well, not like the Cotton Bowl is really this top notch venue to go to anyway...

It may not be the best venue, but it's the name that counts.

Cotton Bowl =/= Reliant Stadium
Houston Bowl =/= Cotton Bowl

Just because it's a better stadium doesn't mean it's a better bowl.

Got another Okie here. Originally from BA but I live in Edmond now going to Central university. Oh how I miss Vintage Stock.

If this can be considered a deal, I found a couple of Persona 2's complete, and an Arc of the Lad collection(games and case only, no big box and extras) at an EB games around here, I didn't buy them cause I'm not really interested in them. I did see an Intelligence Qube, disc only, but it was 40 bucks..if it had the case or something I would've gotten it.

[quote name='ZombieHendrix']Got another Okie here. Originally from BA but I live in Edmond now going to Central university. Oh how I miss Vintage Stock.

If this can be considered a deal, I found a couple of Persona 2's complete, and an Arc of the Lad collection(games and case only, no big box and extras) at an EB games around here, I didn't buy them cause I'm not really interested in them. I did see an Intelligence Qube, disc only, but it was 40 bucks..if it had the case or something I would've gotten it.[/QUOTE]

Was it an EB in Edmond?

I stopped by Wal-Mart in Stillwater today at about 2:30 PM. People were in line at lay away. I did not look how long the line was, but it was obviously not short.

I laugh, but then remember waiting upwards of 11+ hours for my Gamecube.

[quote name='Derwood43']Was it an EB in Edmond?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was....honestly I don''t remeber if it was an EB or a Gamestop..they're the same thing to me.

[quote name='b3b0p']I stopped by Wal-Mart in Stillwater today at about 2:30 PM. People were in line at lay away. I did not look how long the line was, but it was obviously not short.

I laugh, but then remember waiting upwards of 11+ hours for my Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone heard about layawaying an item before black friday and then getting that price with a reserved item?

Hey Bebop, have you been to the warehouse discount place off of main street and Lewis in Stillwater. Iv found a few GBA games and got mario party 5 for like 10 bucks. Just make them an offer on anything in there. They get returned walmart goods and what not. Sometimes some good deals, depending on whos working

Warehouse Discount? Do you mean Wall's?

Talked to my friend this morning. There were 25 people lined up at Wally-World at Noon yesterday. Our Wal-Mart got 40-50 consoles with 20-25 premium. Wonder how Hastings did?

First chance I get I am preordering my Playstation 3 and Revolution. I don't want anything to do with this crap.

the stillwater Walls just got a nice shipment of videogames and accesories. lots of newly released ps2, xbox, GBA, psp and DS games. Everythings 40 percent off retail value. Some nice deals.

Proud Normanite here, attending the University of Oklahoma. The OK stereotypes are fine by me, because I love it here and I don't want any of those assholes from other states moving to OK.

Here's a great quote:

"I've spent most of my life living in cities where people are obsessed with looking down on people from everywhere else. You get so used to doing it that you start to believe it's simply what everyone does. It makes for an atmosphere of unwelcome that penetrates much of our modern life. It's a shame really because a couple days in Oklahoma will open your eyes to how much better it would be if the rest of the country was filled with a few more people from Oklahoma."

-Adam Duritz
(Counting Crows)

Could not agree more!

[quote name='bapti2529']Proud Normanite here, attending the University of Oklahoma. The OK stereotypes are fine by me, because I love it here and I don't want any of those assholes from other states moving to OK.

Here's a great quote:

"I've spent most of my life living in cities where people are obsessed with looking down on people from everywhere else. You get so used to doing it that you start to believe it's simply what everyone does. It makes for an atmosphere of unwelcome that penetrates much of our modern life. It's a shame really because a couple days in Oklahoma will open your eyes to how much better it would be if the rest of the country was filled with a few more people from Oklahoma."

-Adam Duritz
(Counting Crows)

Could not agree more![/QUOTE]

That quote really is pretty apt. Will Rogers (despite being born in ARKANSAS) can really be credited with bringing us to that whole psyche.

Here too, although I hear we won't get more than an inch or so. Wasn't it like 60 degrees a week ago? It'll probably be back up to that by Christmas.

School get canceled?

They never close OSU.

Well, actually, with the new president they do. It used to be that they never would.

bread's done
Back