earn free stuff (dvd's, cd's) by rating music!

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']pretty cool site, earn points to buy stuff by rating music, participating in polls and other cool stuff, they have a "get famous" section where you can spread the word of unsigned artist and stuff.

home.promosquad.com

or if you wanna spread the love...

http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=jolietninja&band=62
;) thanks in advance, for n e one using my link[/quote]

I'll check it out, and since you posted both links, I'll use your referrel one. I don't like it when someone only posts one! ;)

[quote name='Rig']I'll check it out, and since you posted both links, I'll use your referrel one. I don't like it when someone only posts one! ;)[/QUOTE]

same here, If someone just posts their ref link I always just copy the link part without their ref number but since you did post both I'm using your referral link.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Signed up also

My goal is to get a PSP hehe[/QUOTE]

thats only 4,500 songs
icon10.gif

[quote name='takingchase']same here, If someone just posts their ref link I always just copy the link part without their ref number but since you did post both I'm using your referral link.[/QUOTE]

I will 3rd that.

Oh my god, I've havent heard garbage like this in a while.
Just a few months until i have my fridge.

Man these loops are killing me.

I cannot take anymore of Jazzy Phay and this woman who sings about the most generic garbage.
Who cant make a album about tear da club up, my girls, i miss you, i hate men, crunk, and a redo of some classic.

I didn't even pick a rap station!

Damn, is it really so bad that the only way people can get into the business is to write the exact same songs that are famous? And further than that, play music the exact same way and even sing with the exact same voices? Christ.

I have a feeling this will be turning into a bitch thread :p.

EDIT: Woah woah, wait. I thought this was supposed to be about bands that aren't as popular getting rated to get contracts or something, how come they're all already on labels like fucking sony? Point being? Damn now I have to listen to all kinds of crap just for a mini-fridge...

I thought that superchick band was ok, but damn, they have a label and shit and they're just some christian band that wants to be mainstream. I'm not even christian and it offends me that they're probably just trying to get popular to make more money, fuckers. Can't just live with some luxury?

Yeah, most of the songs I've heard have been pretty crap, with the band Superchick probably being the best of what I've heard. I despise country music, and picked no country stations, yet I've been getting some of that crap now. Ugh.

Oh, and I guess I must say that I heard System of a Down --- Lonely Day and that would be the best thing I've heard. I love SOAD!

[quote name='SpazX']Damn, is it really so bad that the only way people can get into the business is to write the exact same songs that are famous? And further than that, play music the exact same way and even sing with the exact same voices? Christ.

I have a feeling this will be turning into a bitch thread :p.

EDIT: Woah woah, wait. I thought this was supposed to be about bands that aren't as popular getting rated to get contracts or something, how come they're all already on labels like fucking sony? Point being? Damn now I have to listen to all kinds of crap just for a mini-fridge...

I thought that superchick band was ok, but damn, they have a label and shit and they're just some christian band that wants to be mainstream. I'm not even christian and it offends me that they're probably just trying to get popular to make more money, fuckers. Can't just live with some luxury?[/QUOTE]

agreed. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. More and more I find myself just hitting the mute button for the songs. I don't really think any of these bands are unsigned, if you were unsigned chances are you wouldnt have as good of recordings as these bands do, and I've noticed a few I'm positive are signed bands.

Don't know if having to listen to a lot of crappy music to get the stuff is worth it (the only thing I saw that I wanted was the PSP). Although I am definitely thinking about it. If I do sign up I'll use your referral link.

One question: How many points per song review, or whatever it is, do you get?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']One question: How many points per song review, or whatever it is, do you get?[/QUOTE]

its 5 points per song

[quote name='miyamotofreak']
Do the faee gauge guys. Way faster points than rating crappy songs
[/QUOTE]

i do the fame gauge while listening to the songs, you make points way faster (each fame gauge thing is 1 point, but you can do a lot during one song)

omg, i have 200 points in like 10 minutes just by doing the gauge thing while rating songs. i just minimize the window and write like a sentance

Great site, Ive been a member for a few months now. Im not fully active, but I have 6,000ish points. And they change the prizes about once a week, so don't wait too long if you see something you like, and can afford it. they almost always have amazon/best buy gift cards for 7500 though.

[quote name='opterasis']Great site, Ive been a member for a few months now. Im not fully active, but I have 6,000ish points. And they change the prizes about once a week, so don't wait too long if you see something you like, and can afford it. they almost always have amazon/best buy gift cards for 7500 though.[/quote]

I figured as much, I'll never get my mini-fridge :whistle2:(

[quote name='SpazX']I figured as much, I'll never get my mini-fridge :whistle2:([/quote]

They have an email link on the prize page for requests.... so you could request they restock it right before you have enough points.

I have spring break next week, and I have nothing better to do so I will win me a PSP. I signed up under you OP. Thanks for the site

[quote name='ananag112']I have spring break next week, and I have nothing better to do so I will win me a PSP. I signed up under you OP. Thanks for the site[/quote]

Haha, that's a good idea, my spring break is next week too, I have a paper to write though. :cry:

I bet they don't actually have enough to do to get enough points for the PSP.

[quote name='takingchase']quick question, where do we go to find our ref links?[/quote]

under the "polls/interactive" you'll see a icon with three little "bathroom" dudes, highlighting it will say promote the jukebox, click that and you'll get a pop-up with your ref. link

It seems this site has been around since 2000, but does anyone know of anybody who receive their prize before?

Signed up under your refferal, thanks OP!

I have got about 650 points already in under an hour just with the fame guage.

[quote name='roguejedi5']It seems this site has been around since 2000, but does anyone know of anybody who receive their prize before?[/quote]

Yes, a friend of mine has gotten a DVD or 2. However one of the dvds was supposed to be the special edition, but ended up recieving the basic version.

heads-up, i didnt know this until today, but it still gives you the point in fame gauge if you click no on an artist when it asks you if "you are familiar" with them. u can get like 100 in no time. but also, the jukebox and fame gauge runs out after a looong time, but it resets in a week it said on the forums. there like a few thougsand in a fame gauge i think or more.

Sounds pretty good to me. I'll check this out later. I sure would like a mini fridge for my room temperature beverage's! Thanks OP, you save the world one post at a time! I'll use your REF!

Yeah, that's the thing. Lots of people get involved for long enough to give them good data, but not long enough to require a payout.

[quote name='dtcarson']Yeah, that's the thing. Lots of people get involved for long enough to give them good data, but not long enough to require a payout.[/quote]

They don't know me very well, do they? :cool:

When Capcom City was still alive I walked out with 2 games, 2 demos, and a radio - I have no problem being patient enough to earn 22500 points and waiting for a PSP to be available again - its still better than shelling out the money it costs.

Heck I'd even settle for the grill thats currently available - I need to start making better burgers. ;)

[quote name='Visc']They don't know me very well, do they? :cool:

When Capcom City was still alive I walked out with 2 games, 2 demos, and a radio - I have no problem being patient enough to earn 22500 points and waiting for a PSP to be available again - its still better than shelling out the money it costs.

Heck I'd even settle for the grill thats currently available - I need to start making better burgers. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wish I had the time and patience to do that.

bread's done
Back